Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,076 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Nigeria’s Off-Grid Solar Market Is Among The Fastest Growing In Africa - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria’s Off-Grid Solar Market Is Among The Fastest Growing In Africa (9677 Views)

Electricity: Sterling Bank Headquarters In Lagos Goes Off-Grid With Solar Panels / Ladipo Market Is On Fire: Pictures & Video / How Anambra Shoe Manufacturing Market Is Fast Growing (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Off-Grid Solar Market Is Among The Fastest Growing In Africa by mrvitalis(m): 12:17pm On Jan 17, 2022
kelechiodo:
Solar energy has great potential for the future.
Not until there is improvement in battery technology

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Off-Grid Solar Market Is Among The Fastest Growing In Africa by OkoroPeugeot(m): 12:29pm On Jan 17, 2022
New Tax loadin
Re: Nigeria’s Off-Grid Solar Market Is Among The Fastest Growing In Africa by Farfalla(f): 12:35pm On Jan 17, 2022
I'd expect it to be.
Re: Nigeria’s Off-Grid Solar Market Is Among The Fastest Growing In Africa by highoctane: 12:40pm On Jan 17, 2022
Adetayo41:
I want to venture in this solar business.. dnt know how lucrative is it?
It depends where you want to start from.
Renewable energy business are vast, none of it's equipment,parts, accessories are vegetables.
Let's say you want to resell solar panels, if you store a solar panels, it can last for over 500 year, if the are not expose to direct sunlight, but once it is expose to direct sunlight and in operation., Maximum life span 25 year, 15 years or less depending on quality.
www.greenifysolar.com.ng
Read more at solarstuff.greenifysolar.com.ng
Re: Nigeria’s Off-Grid Solar Market Is Among The Fastest Growing In Africa by Mbeki: 12:43pm On Jan 17, 2022
IMADE5431:
I wished it's cheaper ,so that everyone can afford it.
Even sun deh expensive
I can give anyone solar power solution and you complete your payment in installments.
Chat me up if you are interested
Re: Nigeria’s Off-Grid Solar Market Is Among The Fastest Growing In Africa by olumzzz(m): 12:47pm On Jan 17, 2022
G
Re: Nigeria’s Off-Grid Solar Market Is Among The Fastest Growing In Africa by erico2k2(m): 1:25pm On Jan 17, 2022
IMADE5431:
I wished it's cheaper ,so that everyone can afford it.
Even sun deh expensive
in the west Govt subsidise this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Off-Grid Solar Market Is Among The Fastest Growing In Africa by brosom(m): 1:56pm On Jan 17, 2022
Jalaw:
What are you saying?

Lemme break it down for you.
It means that electricity supply in Nigeria is very very poor to the extent that citizens resort to the use of individual/household solar energy for electricity supply.
It doesn't glorify the government, we all know they are f--lish.
ok thanks wink

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Off-Grid Solar Market Is Among The Fastest Growing In Africa by Coolgent(m): 2:43pm On Jan 17, 2022
Very soon pmb will talk about tax for solar users
Re: Nigeria’s Off-Grid Solar Market Is Among The Fastest Growing In Africa by olisaEze(m): 2:49pm On Jan 17, 2022
Yes because it is all privately owned. The liquified natural gas we have is enough to cater for the nation’s power needs, but our leaders are just too focused on political alignments that occur every four years to bother about the average man’s needs. As for the average Nigerian, they don’t even know what their govt. is supposed to be for! Just give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar and pray you’ve hustled enough not to feel the pinch of the constitutional robbery Caesar is doing to you.
Re: Nigeria’s Off-Grid Solar Market Is Among The Fastest Growing In Africa by skywalker240(m): 3:07pm On Jan 17, 2022
kelechiodo:
Solar energy has great potential for the future.
That is yet not affordable to the common Man
Re: Nigeria’s Off-Grid Solar Market Is Among The Fastest Growing In Africa by seunlayi(m): 3:29pm On Jan 17, 2022
skywalker240:

That is yet not affordable to the common Man
it is. I have a family beside my house that uses a package of btw 130k - 150k. They do whatever during sunshine and 8pm, they have all gone to bed with security lights (4 Led bulbs) on till day break. All these while nepa is charging me 4k monthly throughout 2020 with average of 3hrs light /per day sad. This man will even allow neighbors to charge phones and lamps from the socket outside. I will get mine soon

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Off-Grid Solar Market Is Among The Fastest Growing In Africa by skywalker240(m): 3:32pm On Jan 17, 2022
seunlayi:
it is. I have a family beside my house that uses a package of btw 130k - 150k. They do whatever during sunshine and 8pm, they have all gone to bed with security lights (4 Led bulbs) on till day break. All these while nepa is charging me 4k monthly throughout 2020 with average of 3hrs light /per day sad. This man will even allow neighbors to charge phones and lamps from the socket outside. I will get mine soon
Am not talking about that useless solar that only charges phones and laptops and cannot power a 52 inch smart TV

Am talking about solar inverters that can power even your deep freezer

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Off-Grid Solar Market Is Among The Fastest Growing In Africa by seunlayi(m): 3:39pm On Jan 17, 2022
skywalker240:

Am not talking about that useless solar that only charges phones and laptops and cannot power a 52 inch smart TV

it depends on needs, but this man uses 43inch TV with it.
Re: Nigeria’s Off-Grid Solar Market Is Among The Fastest Growing In Africa by lexy2014: 3:55pm On Jan 17, 2022
Adetayo41:

Every business on planet earth is lucrative
Re: Nigeria’s Off-Grid Solar Market Is Among The Fastest Growing In Africa by Hiq0: 5:18pm On Jan 17, 2022
How
Re: Nigeria’s Off-Grid Solar Market Is Among The Fastest Growing In Africa by Hybrid600: 9:25am On Jan 18, 2022
It's lucrative but capital intensive...

Start small and grow big ...

Adetayo41:
Re: Nigeria’s Off-Grid Solar Market Is Among The Fastest Growing In Africa by Hybrid600: 9:30am On Jan 18, 2022
These ones readily exists...
A house owner we installed a system for in Abuja, dude uses a 10kva inverter, 16 batteries and 36 solar panels ...
He's literally off grid..

skywalker240:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Off-Grid Solar Market Is Among The Fastest Growing In Africa by Hybrid600: 9:32am On Jan 18, 2022
A system that does this can't be gotten for 150k again o! except if he got it years ago ...
New innovations keep coming out and more people are beginning to embrace the use of inverters even if it's a 1 battery system to carry lighting points, fan and TV....

seunlayi:
Re: Nigeria’s Off-Grid Solar Market Is Among The Fastest Growing In Africa by seunlayi(m): 7:43pm On Jan 18, 2022
Hybrid600:
A system that does this can't be gotten for 150k again o! except if he got it years ago ...
New innovations keep coming out and more people are beginning to embrace the use of inverters even if it's a 1 battery system to carry lighting points, fan and TV....

he got it last year

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Off-Grid Solar Market Is Among The Fastest Growing In Africa by neutralmind: 7:52pm On Jan 18, 2022
Solar is the future

(1) (2) (Reply)

They Shutdown Ibeto Cement Owned By Igbo Man For Dangote To Dominate / Dangote Farms Faces Liquidation For ‘Defaulting’ On Arbitral Award / How Much Does The Average Nigerian Spend Yearly?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.