Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,944 members, 7,810,616 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:08 PM

Cameroon Vs Comoros: AFCON 2021 Round-of-16 : (2 - 1) On 24th January 2022 - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cameroon Vs Comoros: AFCON 2021 Round-of-16 : (2 - 1) On 24th January 2022 (14499 Views)

Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 / AFCON 2021: Ghana Vs Comoros (2 - 3) On 18th January 2022 / Nigeria Vs Tunisia AFCON 2021.Round-of-16: (0 - 1) On 23rd January 2022 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cameroon Vs Comoros: AFCON 2021 Round-of-16 : (2 - 1) On 24th January 2022 by Uzomarrr123: 10:34pm On Jan 24, 2022
Nobody is even talking about the final whistle
When Comoros dey do counter attack

Shey dem swear for AFCON refs ni ?

6 Likes

Re: Cameroon Vs Comoros: AFCON 2021 Round-of-16 : (2 - 1) On 24th January 2022 by BankyGee(m): 10:41pm On Jan 24, 2022
OriOko88:
I knew comoros would score. So I played them to score...over 3odds.. I don cash out 15k now cheesy
Congrats, oya do giveaway boss gringrin
Re: Cameroon Vs Comoros: AFCON 2021 Round-of-16 : (2 - 1) On 24th January 2022 by Zedwen: 10:43pm On Jan 24, 2022
It is well
Re: Cameroon Vs Comoros: AFCON 2021 Round-of-16 : (2 - 1) On 24th January 2022 by Pete2275: 11:01pm On Jan 24, 2022
Ivory coast is the team to beat.They have the the talents. Skillfully players who have team concept and not individualistic selfish players like we have

1 Like

Re: Cameroon Vs Comoros: AFCON 2021 Round-of-16 : (2 - 1) On 24th January 2022 by Swanzi(m): 11:07pm On Jan 24, 2022
Karma is a good judge. Red card to the Ghanaian captain with Comoros , red card to Comoros captain against Cameroun.

2 Likes

Re: Cameroon Vs Comoros: AFCON 2021 Round-of-16 : (2 - 1) On 24th January 2022 by IbileIfe: 11:35pm On Jan 24, 2022
Uzomarrr123:
Nobody is even talking about the final whistle
When Comoros dey do counter attack

Shey dem swear for AFCON refs ni ?
Welcome to Africa.
Honesty is not the best policy in Africa.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cameroon Vs Comoros: AFCON 2021 Round-of-16 : (2 - 1) On 24th January 2022 by NaijaBetInfo(m): 11:36pm On Jan 24, 2022
Una don win Nah
Obascoetubi:
which team do u think nigeria will face in round 16?
Re: Cameroon Vs Comoros: AFCON 2021 Round-of-16 : (2 - 1) On 24th January 2022 by mywells: 1:46am On Jan 25, 2022
Shame on host nation and caf as well
Re: Cameroon Vs Comoros: AFCON 2021 Round-of-16 : (2 - 1) On 24th January 2022 by coolh3ad(m): 3:17am On Jan 25, 2022
MT:

Clinical striker against makeshift goalkeeper? lol. If you want to see a clinical striker, go watch Cote divoire match

Stop hating!. Vincent Aboubakar dey try well!
Re: Cameroon Vs Comoros: AFCON 2021 Round-of-16 : (2 - 1) On 24th January 2022 by Doyou2019: 4:37am On Jan 25, 2022
nasonaso:
Abeg we need this comoros coach. So impressed by make shift goalkeeper

No be about coach, na player passion and dedication to succeed. Eagles stopped being passionate the time when AGHAHOWA was the only one fighting in a squad of 23. Na so we see am ooo. That guy was the last real one we ever had.
Re: Cameroon Vs Comoros: AFCON 2021 Round-of-16 : (2 - 1) On 24th January 2022 by Doyou2019: 4:47am On Jan 25, 2022
Pete2275:
Ivory coast is the team to beat.They have the the talents. Skillfully players who have team concept and not individualistic selfish players like we have

It's their pace for me. The intensity of their game against the Algerians was incredible at times - the way they worked and moved the ball with purpose.. Kai, I never dared believe sluggish Eagles would win this tourney with CIV in it .
Re: Cameroon Vs Comoros: AFCON 2021 Round-of-16 : (2 - 1) On 24th January 2022 by PaNnamdi: 6:34am On Jan 25, 2022
realestate99:
1. The second half of this game is the best football I have watched this tournament.

2. Cameroon is bang average.

3. The Comoros coach is a great tactician, in spite of the enormous challenges they faced, they stuck to their game plan, their sexy short passes was a big problem for the rigid Cameroonian players.

4. Cameroon has good goal keeper!!! Damn, the commentator said if Cameroon were to use an outfield player as goalkeeper like Comoros did, they might loose the match.

5. Comoros was "keeper less", "coach less" , and were "captain less" after 6 minutes and in all sincerity it did not show. Kudos to them.

The hangover of yesterday's match has not fully left my body, but it is a lesson to Nigeria, you do not fix what is not faulty, I have been asking on this forum and offline about tangible reasons Nfa sacked our coach but no reasonable response. Before Rohr, we did not qualify for 2 consecutive afcon, he qualified and came third, he qualified us for world cup without stress despite FIFA deducting 3 points from us, now he qualified us for playoffs.

He simply met all the objectives tabled before him, but most Nigerians were shouting his tactics were outdated, his record with Nigeria is outstanding and results are there to see. Which serious country sacks a coach that lead it to playoffs? that is suicide,we are in for a long thing.

bonus
The Comoros defender turned goalkeeper forgot he was a goalkeeper for tonight, he kept his two hands at the back to avoid penalty, Funny stuff.
Lol that place funny I swear grin
It seems the guy even forgot himself during that first goal sef cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cameroon Vs Comoros: AFCON 2021 Round-of-16 : (2 - 1) On 24th January 2022 by PaNnamdi: 6:39am On Jan 25, 2022
Agboconsult1:
Comoros giving me joy more than super eagles. Even their off field keeper making some good saves than our okoye who was bragging about the ladies wanting him.
That okoye might had been distracted by a female screamimg his name and he got carried by her voice sotey he forget how to catch ball grin

This life fear women grin grin

1 Like

Re: Cameroon Vs Comoros: AFCON 2021 Round-of-16 : (2 - 1) On 24th January 2022 by DaveHarry(m): 7:19am On Jan 25, 2022
Swanzi:
Karma is a good judge. Red card to the Ghanaian captain with Comoros , red card to Comoros captain against Cameroun.
And red card to Cameroon captain against the Gambia?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cameroon Vs Comoros: AFCON 2021 Round-of-16 : (2 - 1) On 24th January 2022 by Agboconsult1(m): 7:35am On Jan 25, 2022
PaNnamdi:

That okoye might had been distracted by a female screamimg his name and he got carried by her voice sotey he forget how to catch ball grin

This life fear women grin grin

Bible talk am. Beware or flee from them. Lol
Re: Cameroon Vs Comoros: AFCON 2021 Round-of-16 : (2 - 1) On 24th January 2022 by HolarQD(m): 8:17am On Jan 25, 2022
Doyou2019:

No be about coach, na player passion and dedication to succeed. Eagles stopped being passionate the time when AGHAHOWA was the only one fighting in a squad of 23. Na so we see am ooo. That guy was the last real one we ever had.

This is the reality most Nigerians find it difficult to accept. Nigeria super eagles problem is not tactical or physical, it’s majorly psychological.

Our players are dispassionate especially when it matters most. The best time super eagles played well in the last 15 years is when they’re written off (especially after several bad performances), and the worst time is when they’re been praised (after some good performances). How NFF doesn’t notice this pattern beats me. There’s a serious need for proper psychological evaluation for super eagles players going forward. No matter your skill or experience, once there’s lack of passion, the player should be dropped. This is the only way super eagles can achieve something tangible.

Rohr (although with a boring game style) was able to some extent to psyche up the players at times (reason why his turnout is the best after Keshi among the super eagles coaches in the last 15 years) but Nigerians felt he was the problem not knowing the players are actually the problem.

Even Guardiola would fail if nothing is done about those players passion and seriousness (especially when it matters most) does not improve.

1 Like

Re: Cameroon Vs Comoros: AFCON 2021 Round-of-16 : (2 - 1) On 24th January 2022 by jaxxy(m): 8:29am On Jan 25, 2022
HolarQD:

This is why I would always insist super eagles problem is majorly passion and seriousness. Our boys aren’t passionate enough especially when it’s needed for them to be.

Yesterday match, right from the first half, showed a super eagles that wasn’t serious nor passionate about wining. They’re easily carried away by small wins and so always found wanting when it matters most.

The boys were passionate at the beginning and focus. They were not carried away by the small wins rather we Nigerians were carried away by the wins and distracting the players, unnecessary people and delegates started trooping in to see them I don’t know what for. Buhari’s unnecessary boring political call with all the useless protocols just b4 the match.

All these were what distracted and affected the boys.

1 Like

Re: Cameroon Vs Comoros: AFCON 2021 Round-of-16 : (2 - 1) On 24th January 2022 by Realboygenius(m): 8:48am On Jan 25, 2022
I never thought Cameroon could turn this around. Imagine Comoros giving the defending host a really tough time. That' some of the experience AFCON partnership with TikTok partnership will be bringing to you.
Re: Cameroon Vs Comoros: AFCON 2021 Round-of-16 : (2 - 1) On 24th January 2022 by HolarQD(m): 8:52am On Jan 25, 2022
jaxxy:

The boys were passionate at the beginning and focus. They were not carried away by the small wins rather we Nigerians were carried away by the wins and distracting the players, unnecessary people and delegates started trooping in to see them I don’t know what for. Buhari’s unnecessary boring political call with all the useless protocols just b4 the match.

All these were what distracted and affected the boys.

For the distractions to get to them shows they’re quite unprofessional. Also, my submission isn’t about this AFCON alone, it’s a recurring issue that I have noticed with the super eagles. When the ovation is loudest, it’s always easier for them to fumble. And this has a lot to do with the players psychology.
Re: Cameroon Vs Comoros: AFCON 2021 Round-of-16 : (2 - 1) On 24th January 2022 by jaxxy(m): 9:01am On Jan 25, 2022
HolarQD:

For the distractions to get to them shows they’re quite unprofessional. Also, my submission isn’t about this AFCON alone, it’s a recurring issue that I have noticed with the super eagles. When the ovation is loudest, it’s always easier for them to fumble. And this has a lot to do with the players psychology.

Indiscipline and interference in the camp is what causes the failure. Also the ridiculous promises of money if they win this match and that match ahead of the game is another distraction we bring in the team and they begin to play for money rather than passion.

The camp should have less distractions especially when they are doing well bt that’s went government officials want to show themselves and power and influence. They come in and distract the boys.

Also they use of fones should be reduced or prohibited until later in the competition. Imagine the distractions they will be getting from social media. The keeper saying he’s single and likes toxic women was uncalled for at that time.

All these add to the distractions and unseriousness.
Re: Cameroon Vs Comoros: AFCON 2021 Round-of-16 : (2 - 1) On 24th January 2022 by Samunique(m): 9:03am On Jan 25, 2022
realestate99:
1. The second half of this game is the best football I have watched this tournament.

3. The Comoros coach is a great tactician, in spite of the enormous challenges they faced, they stuck to their game plan, their sexy short passes was a big problem for the rigid Cameroonian players.

4. Cameroon has good goal keeper!!! Damn, the commentator said if Cameroon were to use an outfield player as goalkeeper like Comoros did, they might loose the match.

5. Comoros was "keeper less", "coach less" , and were "captain less" after 6 minutes and in all sincerity it did not show. Kudos to them.

The hangover of yesterday's match has not fully left my body, but it is a lesson to Nigeria, you do not fix what is not faulty, I have been asking on this forum and offline about tangible reasons Nfa sacked our coach but no reasonable response. Before Rohr, we did not qualify for 2 consecutive afcon, he qualified and came third, he qualified us for world cup without stress despite FIFA deducting 3 points from us, now he qualified us for playoffs.

He simply met all the objectives tabled before him, but most Nigerians were shouting his tactics were outdated, his record with Nigeria is outstanding and results are there to see. Which serious country sacks a coach that lead it to playoffs? that is suicide,we are in for a long thing.

bonus
The Comoros defender turned goalkeeper forgot he was a goalkeeper for tonight, he kept his two hands at the back to avoid penalty, Funny stuff.

grin grin grin grin hahahaha
Re: Cameroon Vs Comoros: AFCON 2021 Round-of-16 : (2 - 1) On 24th January 2022 by HolarQD(m): 9:39am On Jan 25, 2022
jaxxy:

Indiscipline and interference in the camp is what causes the failure. Also the ridiculous promises of money if they win this match and that match ahead of the game is another distraction we bring in the team and they begin to play for money rather than passion.

The camp should have less distractions especially when they are doing well bt that’s went government officials want to show themselves and power and influence. They come in and distract the boys.

Also they use of fones should be reduced or prohibited until later in the competition. Imagine the distractions they will be getting from social media. The keeper saying he’s single and likes toxic women was uncalled for at that time.

All these add to the distractions and unseriousness.

We’re quite in the same page. The onus is on the players as professionals to prove their worth. All this distractions would always be there no matter who the coach is, because as a people, Nigerians generally like unnecessary show offs. The players need to get their head in the game at those crucial moment when the ovation is loud so they can maintain the right energy and tempo. This is something that the coach can’t do except the players are ready to step up.

Nigerian polithiefcians and elites would always rush to associate with the team when they’re winning and it’s left for the players themselves to set their priorities right.

1 Like

Re: Cameroon Vs Comoros: AFCON 2021 Round-of-16 : (2 - 1) On 24th January 2022 by sterlingD(m): 1:16pm On Jan 25, 2022
realestate99:

bonus

For me looking at everything the man Rohr should have been allowed to finish what he started.Give him target
1 Win the AFCON
2 Qualify us for Qatar 2022
3.Win the world ( Though mission impossible)
Re: Cameroon Vs Comoros: AFCON 2021 Round-of-16 : (2 - 1) On 24th January 2022 by akanbiaa(m): 1:20pm On Jan 25, 2022
mexzony:
Gambian to eliminate cameroon.
Probably if they don't declare Gambia key players to test positive to covid before the game and later declare them negative after the game grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

John Terry Signs Contract Extension At Aston Villa / Nairaland Quoted In Grantland 79-0 Match Article / Turkish Women’s Cup: Super Falcons Record Second Win Against Uzbekistan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.