Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,300 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

SSCE No Longer Feasible For Election Into Public Office - Gbajabiamila - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SSCE No Longer Feasible For Election Into Public Office - Gbajabiamila (15846 Views)

Tribunal Upholds Yayannan’s Election Into Jigawa Assembly / Buhari To El-rufai: Your Entry Into Public Service Was Accidental… / 15 Igbo Billionaires To Fund Bianca Ojukwu’s Election Into Senate - Ohakim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SSCE No Longer Feasible For Election Into Public Office - Gbajabiamila by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jan 17, 2022
Proof of working with an NGO or community service in the last 10yrs should be part of it.
Proof of children schooling in Nigeria should be part of it.
Might not stop corrupt politicians from vying for public office but Nigerians will know who they're dealing with.
#TruthOfTrinity�
Re: SSCE No Longer Feasible For Election Into Public Office - Gbajabiamila by juniorstar(m): 11:31pm On Jan 17, 2022
Maxymilliano:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/01/possession-of-school-certificate-no-longer-feasible-for-election-into-public-offices-gbajabiamila/
As long as you have money in present day nigeria you can buy any certificate..so those laws mean nothing.. until we have strong institutions we are wasting our time.

1 Like

Re: SSCE No Longer Feasible For Election Into Public Office - Gbajabiamila by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jan 17, 2022
Nah this one wey tell Desmond Elliott mek him reduce the way him dey work mek e no show say tru tru money dey government, mek e no be say ordinary state Assembly member dey do big big thing sotee they come dey look federal speaker,plus other federal thiefuthiefu one kind eyeooo.
Naso my guy come dey build toilet and wooden bridge mek them for bring am back again ooo.... Desmond sorry say I talk am,the thing don tire me to close mouth... Bad leaders everywhere
Re: SSCE No Longer Feasible For Election Into Public Office - Gbajabiamila by Arrowss(m): 11:39pm On Jan 17, 2022
Somebody down here said he knows of a person with ssce who runs a world class school, my question is, the people that are the administrators, the teachers.. in the school he runs, are they ssce holders Dear friend, if they were like him, they wouldn't have been world class, however, answer my question, are they ssce holders?
Someone said it's not about qualification but common sense and that even those that have good qualifications carried out their governings poorly, ok, my question is, let everyone in the country have Olevel as highest academic qualification and with common sense, what do you think will happen? Or where will that take us as a nation?

2 Likes

Re: SSCE No Longer Feasible For Election Into Public Office - Gbajabiamila by ArewaNorth: 11:50pm On Jan 17, 2022
Maxymilliano:
Gbaja knew quite alright that Buhari is not longer contesting for any electoral positions hence muting the idea ...

We knew the damages the Nepa bill certificate holder inflicts on our collective psyche

Vickyvice:
Only in nigeria you see waec holder becoming a president, while there are proffs and Drs everwhere, and jobless

You are so myopic to understand that Dr. Fayemi, Dr. Ayade, Dr. Ganduje are embarrassment to your assertions.

Scholars can fit well in class and criticise from the comfort of their offices but some people are born with the talent to lead.

We need to prioritize on antecedents than paper qualifications because when Adamu Adamu was using pen to intelligently criticise PDP we thought he could make a good leader, look at him today, he can't even manage FMoE and persistent ASUU strikes!

Who taught our forefathers how to lead when there was no formal education and led better than the so called educationists?

Leader need to surround himself by competent people than having too much papers that can't solve his immediate family's problems.
Re: SSCE No Longer Feasible For Election Into Public Office - Gbajabiamila by NamelessOGBENI(m): 12:12am On Jan 18, 2022
You're discussing feasibility, SSCE shouldn't be allowed from the beginning.

Imagine the shame we had to endure when the presidency certificate itself is shrouded in mystery. I pray someone will upload his certificate here and not dabble into countless theories and more theories.

Everything that happens tells a lot about our mentality to the outside world. Imagine the giant of Africa still stuck with debating if SSCE qualification matters or not. A lot is wrong..
Re: SSCE No Longer Feasible For Election Into Public Office - Gbajabiamila by Masterito(m): 12:27am On Jan 18, 2022

1 Like

Re: SSCE No Longer Feasible For Election Into Public Office - Gbajabiamila by Lightorder: 12:49am On Jan 18, 2022
Nonsense talk. Are Doctorate degree holders any better ?
Re: SSCE No Longer Feasible For Election Into Public Office - Gbajabiamila by godliman: 3:06am On Jan 18, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
Even the ones with higher degrees performed woefully

Let's not deceive ourselves
Then let us send first school leaving certificate holders or stack illiterates there naa. Nigeria is a joke
Re: SSCE No Longer Feasible For Election Into Public Office - Gbajabiamila by hardon1(m): 6:01am On Jan 18, 2022
In don't and will never agree. The problem is not ssce but the kind of individuals

Moreover, pegging it beyond ssce would deny those who didn't attend higher institution the opportunity of leadership.

There are excellent leaders and even successful business people who never attended higher institution
Re: SSCE No Longer Feasible For Election Into Public Office - Gbajabiamila by TrueNigerian300: 6:08am On Jan 18, 2022
Nigerians my mumu people na so una go mumu for eternity. 12 years of standard and quality formal education is enough to make a good councilor of a ward and with proper exposure can lead a local government. This only show our poor education system, soon it will be PhD to be qualified for a public office. How many SSCE holders are even holding public office compared to idiots who parade themselves as graduate??

Out of all the problems facing the country this fool's problem is SSCE holders not holding public office, smh.This country gone!!!
Re: SSCE No Longer Feasible For Election Into Public Office - Gbajabiamila by Cromagnon: 6:47am On Jan 18, 2022
YoungAncient1:
Let the minimum requirement be a masters in relevant field of study and from a reputable institution of higher learning please. Also, it should come into effect from the 2023 elections grin
What is relevant field of study? Only 3 million graduates BTW, maybe 20,000 masters holders. You now want to stupidly disenfranchise 200million Nigerians?
Re: SSCE No Longer Feasible For Election Into Public Office - Gbajabiamila by yusluvad(m): 7:12am On Jan 18, 2022
Sabadon:
Whats Tinubus qualification, buhari we know is a nepa bill holder grin
Ha ha ha ha ha... grin grin grin
Re: SSCE No Longer Feasible For Election Into Public Office - Gbajabiamila by EagleNest(m): 7:24am On Jan 18, 2022
Having degree doesn't automatically equate to leadership competence but character and selflessness does. Buhari and Jonathan are on both ends of the spectrum with regards to education, and but had different degrees of failures in leadership.
Re: SSCE No Longer Feasible For Election Into Public Office - Gbajabiamila by Blackdisciple(m): 7:27am On Jan 18, 2022
Says someone who went to a free school
Re: SSCE No Longer Feasible For Election Into Public Office - Gbajabiamila by Ebelefrancis123: 7:32am On Jan 18, 2022
Oga,are you telling us that; political offices are meant only for the rich. Ok,all hands are not equal. In the sense that you may have financial back up, where as others who might be brilliant than you do don't have. Haven't you seen a situation where by a secondary school students are bolder and outspoken than some graduats? I know that the house of rep doesn't have any other things to on the floor for them to discuss again.
Re: SSCE No Longer Feasible For Election Into Public Office - Gbajabiamila by mulattos(m): 8:20am On Jan 18, 2022
do u have evidence that he is licking or had licked bubu's azz
oloriooko:
look at this azz licker talking trash
even with your degree, you dey lick bubu azz just to be relevant shame on u
Re: SSCE No Longer Feasible For Election Into Public Office - Gbajabiamila by Woodwind: 8:26am On Jan 18, 2022
A leader must be selfless, full of service, full of sacrifice and above all an undaunted and undoubtfull servant of his people. How can a degree certificate or other higher educational qualifications confers these qualities on our leaders or cures them of lack of these qualities. Passion or love is the major driving force in achieving these qualities but not educational qualifications situated in an educational system based primarily on how to earn a living.
If higher educational qualifications can prevent or cure most of our leadership inadequacies, there will have been less misappropriation and embezzlement of public resources in our dear country, because most those accused of engaging in this ignoble act are those degree certificates and other higher than qualifications.
Re: SSCE No Longer Feasible For Election Into Public Office - Gbajabiamila by Cosbyrich: 10:20am On Jan 18, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

I know folks like you who look down on technicians. To become a technician in those areas,you don't take SSCE, you do NABTEB exams. I am sure that you are forming graduate now but clearly ignorant of this fact that those are careers on their own and they attend Technical Schools from JSS3.

So anyone among those you mock, who has proven his mettle in those areas, can go ahead and sit for SSCE . Asking them to go all the way to university in order to constitute another set of nuisance online or in governance is not necessary in my opinion. They bring to bear their leadership experience in governance. If you didn't cheat to pass SSCE, you can hold any elective post.
With all these glorified high school called universities littering everywhere, I doubt if we will get any value raising the basic requirements. As a rule,I don't even bother ro confirm how low standard some products are once I hear someone finish from some 'universities'

Why dont we make those changes and see if things will be better or not.As it is now,things are getting trashy..
Re: SSCE No Longer Feasible For Election Into Public Office - Gbajabiamila by maduka87(m): 12:01pm On Jan 18, 2022
One step ahead...
Re: SSCE No Longer Feasible For Election Into Public Office - Gbajabiamila by Longman8: 2:19pm On Jan 18, 2022
mitcheww! I can see where u people that have master and Phd.d have taken the country to. Nonsense!!!
Re: SSCE No Longer Feasible For Election Into Public Office - Gbajabiamila by Gentlevip: 2:29pm On Jan 18, 2022
So once you can't afford beyond secondary, you are bad to them abi?
Re: SSCE No Longer Feasible For Election Into Public Office - Gbajabiamila by helicoptarr: 2:36pm On Jan 18, 2022
At quarter to 2023 elections... normal thing.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Suicide Bomber Strikes In Chad Capital, Kils 10 / Festus Keyamo, Nigerians Congratulates Buhari As He Re-elected As President / Police Recover 109 Anti-Aircraft Ammunition, Others In Katsina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.