Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,069 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

The Negative Consequences Of Using Assumptions To Fill Up “I Don’t Know” Spaces - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Negative Consequences Of Using Assumptions To Fill Up “I Don’t Know” Spaces (204 Views)

Jubilation As Two Unizik Alumni Remodel Office Spaces For Faculty Of Environ. Sc / Parents And Babcock University Staffs Fight Over Hotel Spaces (VIDEO) / ‘Same’ Things That Most People Don’t Know Are Actually Different (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Negative Consequences Of Using Assumptions To Fill Up “I Don’t Know” Spaces by Uptownerd: 3:13pm On Jan 18, 2022

Presumed opinion on an object of inquiry obviously yields a prejudiced subjective result tinted by personal bias. Because of the vested presumptuous interest, being objective becomes an issue.

This will eventually lead to casual relapse into ignorance, constantly neglecting what is obvious because simple curiosity has been replaced with fixed assumptions. This is more explicit in religion, family affairs, abusive relationships, fandoms, sports, etc.

You observe that the emotional attachment and familial bonds formed in the above social groups usually end up creating blind-spots and too many self righteous hypocrites.

Having presumptuous interests before an inquiry may end up spoiling the broth. Neutrality is the keyword for absolute objectivity or else the inquiry is already soiled and subjective – tainted!
Visit www.uptownerd.com for more interesting read.

Re: The Negative Consequences Of Using Assumptions To Fill Up “I Don’t Know” Spaces by Uptownerd: 10:47am On Jan 23, 2022
Happy Sunday

(1) (Reply)

How Allowee Has Changed Over The Years For University Students / UNN Post Utme Result For 2021/22 Academic Session / How To Solve Indicial Equation (indices)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.