Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

Maintaining Inner Peace In A Troubled Nigeria as a Christian - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Maintaining Inner Peace In A Troubled Nigeria as a Christian (274 Views)

A Tribal Mind Is A Troubled Mind / How Do One Become A 'justice Of Peace' In Nigeria / "I'm Not Afraid": 500,000 March For Peace In Barcelona (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Maintaining Inner Peace In A Troubled Nigeria as a Christian by minks(m): 4:39pm On Jan 18, 2022
Peace is not just the absence of conflict but the ability to maintain a calm disposition and objectively manage all situations without losing your sanity. Inner peace is highly unlikely to come from external factors like money, level of influence or social status but flows from within to the outside.
In a noisy world, full of chaos, confusion and distractions, maintaining inner peace is necessary to get through each day without breaking apart. This post will show you exactly how in five different ways.

1. SEEK GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART

There is no peace anywhere else other than in Christ. John 16:33 says, "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."
The kind of peace that Christ offers is not the illusion that the world calls "peace." Jesus said, "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." (John 14:27). God's peace completely eradicates fear and makes you free from emotional trauma even in dire situations.

God's peace does not mean you'll become problem-free. It means your problems will no longer give you sleepless nights or raise your blood pressure. On the other hand, all the world offers is gloom and uncertainty. The "peace" of the world comes with undesirable side effects. "For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape." (1 Thessalonians 5:3)
If you want real peace, Christ is the surest way.

2. BE GRATEFUL FOR THE LITTLE THINGS

A heart of gratitude opens you up to inner peace. Building your life around material possessions causes you to constantly labour and toil in a bid to satisfy your greed.
God's blessings abound even in the seemingly little things we often don't appreciate.
There is no such thing as "a big miracle" because no miracle is small. The gift of life is a miracle as much as the air you breathe.
To experience peace, appreciate God for what you do have instead of complaining about what you don't have. "Godliness with contentment is great gain." (1 Timothy 6:6).

3. EXPECT NOTHING FROM ANYONE

Nobody owes you anything in life. Understand that you are not anyone's responsibility. Entitlement mentality engenders strife and bitterness. Trust God to take care of you because only God never disappoints. As long as you expect nothing from friends and relatives, you'll never be disappointed and this is one good way to maintain inner peace.
In all situations, do what you can and whatever you can't handle, trust God to handle on your behalf.

4. DO NOT OVERINDULGE IN ANYTHING

Cut your excesses and do not bite more than you can chew. Never try to impress anyone or conform to anyone's standards. Exercise moderation and be quick to say no when you're pushed beyond your capacity.

5. STAY AWAY FROM ALL NEGATIVITY, PESSIMISM AND BAD VIBES

Negative emotions like anger, jealousy, hatred, sadness, etc. are your biggest threats to inner peace. In all situations, maintain a positive physical and mental disposition.
Stay away from friends who stir up these negative emotions in you. Protect your inner peace.
Wake up every morning with hope, prepared to be all that you were meant to be.

Source: https://pejoweb.com/articles.php?epr=view&pagename=FIVEWAYSTOMAINTAININNERPEACEMinke.html

(1) (Reply)

Gospel Singer Sammie Okposo Cheats On His Wife With US Lady (details) / DCP Babazango: An Igbo Man Cannot Be My Neighbour. / Application For Skilled Worker Visa UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.