Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,377 members, 7,819,369 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

Is Someone Trying To Use My Card? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Is Someone Trying To Use My Card? (469 Views)

Man Who Lodged In A Hotel Was Shock To See Someone Trying To Open The Door (vid) / “I Will Use My Mother For Ritual To Buy Benz For My Father” (video) / Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Someone Trying To Use My Card? by chrisxxx(m): 7:51am On Jan 19, 2022
I dont do online banking let alone buying items online using Credit Card.
But I keep receiving messages from Amazon about inability to complete a transaction.
Does it mean someone somewhere is doing something funny?
And what do I do?
Below is the message I keep receiving from Amazon on my email.
Credit Card

Oh no, your Account on hold due to a billing issue

Update Payment Information

Hello User,

We weren't able to process billing payment due to a problem with your card. This means your account are on hold.

Please update your payment information within the next 6 days to continue.

Thank you,

Amazon.com Customer Service
Re: Is Someone Trying To Use My Card? by ProudlyNGN: 1:33pm On Jan 19, 2022
Don't forget just don't reply it. it's a Scam by all these indian guys in Kolkata. They blast suck emails to may people, once you call they will say someone is trying to place order with your card or something and they can help you stop it, if you agree they will connect to your computer or phone that you are using. That is where the main scam will start and you must be scam because if you proof stubborn they will lock your phone or system and hold it for ransom until you pay them certain amount in gift card or Bitcoin.
Re: Is Someone Trying To Use My Card? by Boogyman557: 1:50pm On Jan 19, 2022
Holly Gram cool real matters on top real MATTERZ

WTF MAN
Re: Is Someone Trying To Use My Card? by Opeyemiextra(f): 4:51pm On Jan 19, 2022
Don't fall for it. These fraudsters are using every possible means to rip people off of their hard earned money. No conscience whatsoever.
Re: Is Someone Trying To Use My Card? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 5:11pm On Jan 19, 2022
chrisxxx:
I dont do online banking let alone buying items online using Credit Card.
But I keep receiving messages from Amazon about inability to complete a transaction.
Does it mean someone somewhere is doing something funny?
And what do I do?
Below is the message I keep receiving from Amazon on my email.
Credit Card

Oh no, your Account on hold due to a billing issue

Update Payment Information

Hello User,

We weren't able to process billing payment due to a problem with your card. This means your account are on hold.

Please update your payment information within the next 6 days to continue.

Thank you,

Amazon.com Customer Service

Strictly Scam. That is not from Amazon. Amazon doesn’t use such horrible English in emails AND any emails from them have your actual name, not “User”.
Re: Is Someone Trying To Use My Card? by peppermint7(m): 5:41pm On Jan 19, 2022
Indian and Pakistani boys go soon shoot you for leg
Re: Is Someone Trying To Use My Card? by chrisxxx(m): 7:07pm On Jan 19, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Strictly Scam. That is not from Amazon. Amazon doesn’t use such horrible English in emails AND any emails from them have your actual name, not “User”.
Thanks. I was scared
Re: Is Someone Trying To Use My Card? by ebuka440: 11:06am On Jan 20, 2022
Don't be but don't just fall for the scam

(1) (Reply)

Court To Four 'yahoo Boys': Pay N500k Each Or Serve One Year Jail Term / What Is Her Crime For God's Sake? / Hoodlums Beat A Boy With Charms In Ogun State (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.