Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,349 members, 7,846,515 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Advocating For Restructuring Of The Game Of Football In The Country - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Advocating For Restructuring Of The Game Of Football In The Country (641 Views)

Hay Look, One Of The Spectator Sports I Was Advocating For Nigeria Is In Mali / Anichebe Slams Kit Harington, ‘Game Of Thrones’ Actor For Snubbing Him / When Nigeria Played Football In 1994 (Memories) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Advocating For Restructuring Of The Game Of Football In The Country by sley4life(m): 11:37am On Jun 20, 2011
Its been time we the Football Fans in the country rise up to our duties as citizens of our blessed country Nigeria. It was absurd when a football match between our national teams are played and no TV station in the country will beam it life for viewers to watch. Take an example when we played Ethiopia in the Nations cup qualifier, we couldn't watch it. Not even NTA our country's TV stationed owned mainly by the Govt could televise it. Not to talk to AIT. Same as when our U23 team played Tanzania home & away. We cant even locate a streamline on the internet to watch it online.

The government monopoly on our league club, poor sponsorship, its endless. The present NFF/NFA imbroglio. I wont go further because its endless. Its time we the fans of the various national team in Nigeria bark & bite. We can get there. We have been having series of meeting lately on the formation of a group/body with Nigerians withing and Diaspora on the way to advocate for change to make the Nigerian football fans happy. We have been done much publicity on Kickoff (Nigerian football site) The name of the group is Football Alliance of Nigeria(FAN). You can join the Yahoo group page & also The Facebook page. You will be hearing from us soon on the National dailies, Radio, TV stations. Your input are necessary.

You'll be updated with other happenings with happenings. Your comments are highly welcomed as Nominations of Members/Exco's would be made.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_171330462931709
Re: Advocating For Restructuring Of The Game Of Football In The Country by wildman02: 11:54am On Jun 22, 2011
very good. I guess the FA will sit up. The problem of this country is ourselves. Let us come out and voice the ineptitude of our football administrators
Re: Advocating For Restructuring Of The Game Of Football In The Country by Kengadaffi: 1:33am On Jun 23, 2011
As a young boy in the early 70s I remember my dad taking me to watch league games and we had to arrive the stadium about 1hour before kick off and stadium is already filled to capacity at akure township stadium for a division 2 match. People usually climb nearby trees and buildings to have glimpse of the match. In the 80s we moved to Ibadan where the likes of shooting stars, Water corporation, housing, and later exide and leventis were the top teams and matches played at liberty stadium or olu adam stadium often attract capacity crowds.
Today u can barely see a score of fans at match venues and no house hold names in the league anymore

Our administrators have failed us and the time to push them out is here. We need to restructure our football so we can be where we rightly belong. They will not go on their own. We have to force them and this is why we need FAN to get on board because the Fans are the key stakeholders.

THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH

(1) (Reply)

Guys How Do You Feel When Ladies Begin To Analyse Football On Tv? / Messi's Record In Detail / Tragedy: Oscar Pistorious Shot His Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.