Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,488 members, 7,816,155 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Where Are The Trains Lagos State Govt Said It Purchased In 2011 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Are The Trains Lagos State Govt Said It Purchased In 2011 (334 Views)

House Purchased By Ajimobi In USA In 2016 Uncovered - Sahara Reporters / In 2011, Buhari Vowed To Serve For Only One Term If Elected / Lagos-Ibadan Railway: See The Trains That Federal Government Ordered For - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Are The Trains Lagos State Govt Said It Purchased In 2011 by SarkinYarki: 2:59pm On Jan 19, 2022
In 2011 the Lagos state govt claimed it had purchased some trains from Canada for it metro train project and the news even carried it that they had been shipped and headed to Lagos and over a decade later Governor Sanwo Olu is trying to buy another set of trains from America when those from Canada have still not arrived even after 10 years .. please see news article from 2011 below

LAGOS, Nigeria, Sept. 27, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The first of hundreds of Toronto subway cars that will furnish a new surface rail line in Lagos, Nigeria, has left Canada for the last time, and is now en route to Africa's largest city.

A Nigerian company, Eko Rail, has agreed to purchase 255 of the Toronto Transit Commission's (TTC) best-equipped subway cars for use in a much-needed Lagos Blue Line mass transit system. The TTC is in the process of purchasing larger "Rocket" trains to increase passenger capacity on their lines.

See link :https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/eko-rails-trains-begin-journey-to-lagos-130627418.html

Re: Where Are The Trains Lagos State Govt Said It Purchased In 2011 by Xscape1993(m): 3:04pm On Jan 19, 2022
APC and lies are insperatable.
Re: Where Are The Trains Lagos State Govt Said It Purchased In 2011 by heniford2: 3:11pm On Jan 19, 2022
grin cheesy i trust some Nigerian to dick this out grin APC!!!!!!!! Scam
Re: Where Are The Trains Lagos State Govt Said It Purchased In 2011 by PrinceOfLagos: 3:12pm On Jan 19, 2022
Audio
Re: Where Are The Trains Lagos State Govt Said It Purchased In 2011 by otokx(m): 3:15pm On Jan 19, 2022
Chai
Re: Where Are The Trains Lagos State Govt Said It Purchased In 2011 by SarkinYarki: 3:17pm On Jan 19, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
Audio

Omo these people ehh ..their scam no be here
Re: Where Are The Trains Lagos State Govt Said It Purchased In 2011 by PrinceOfLagos: 3:19pm On Jan 19, 2022
SarkinYarki:

Omo these people ehh ..their scam no be here
We go stone them comot for government in 2023

Dia scam don do
Re: Where Are The Trains Lagos State Govt Said It Purchased In 2011 by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jan 19, 2022
This topic even made front page back then

I was wandering where the trains go dey operate in Lagos cause there was nothing on ground back then

But now, we dey see the railway line

By this time next year, Lagosians go don dey make use of the trains.

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Trains Lagos State Govt Said It Purchased In 2011 by SarkinYarki: 3:22pm On Jan 19, 2022
DubaiLandLord2:
This topic even made front page back then

I was wandering where the trains go dey operate in Lagos cause there was nothing on ground back then

But now, we dey see the railway line

By this time next year, Lagosians go don dey make use of the trains.

So why is Sanwo going to buy new trains again when we never see these ones cheesy
Re: Where Are The Trains Lagos State Govt Said It Purchased In 2011 by Arkmanbuddy(m): 3:41pm On Jan 19, 2022
They're still on the high seas. Una mumu never do.

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Trains Lagos State Govt Said It Purchased In 2011 by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 19, 2022
SarkinYarki:

So why is Sanwo going to buy new trains again when we never see these ones cheesy
This is a fake news

Lagos state Government didn't claim to buy any trains in 2011

Or you can show me a valid source that states that Lagos State Government paid for trains in Canada

I'm waiting

2 Likes

Re: Where Are The Trains Lagos State Govt Said It Purchased In 2011 by SarkinYarki: 4:02pm On Jan 19, 2022
DubaiLandLord2:
This is a fake news

Lagos state Government didn't claim to buy any trains in 2011

Or you can show me a valid source that states that Lagos State Government paid for trains in Canada

I'm waiting

The PR news even claimed the trains had been shipped cheesy
Re: Where Are The Trains Lagos State Govt Said It Purchased In 2011 by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jan 19, 2022
SarkinYarki:

The PR news even claimed the trains had been shipped cheesy
Pls show me your source

2 Likes

Re: Where Are The Trains Lagos State Govt Said It Purchased In 2011 by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 19, 2022
Fashola only inspected the trains, the Lagos State didn't pay a cent for any train in 2011

If you have the evidence the Lagos State Government under Babatunde Raji Fashola paid for the trains in 2011, you can show us the evidence.

Cc SarkinYarki

2 Likes

Re: Where Are The Trains Lagos State Govt Said It Purchased In 2011 by Mofe72: 2:42pm On Jan 20, 2022

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Ugwuanyi Honoured With Peace Award, Appointed As A Patron Of Messengers Of / The Umo Eno Many People Don't Know / Fuel Subsidy: FG, States Set For Showdown Over Planned N950bn FAAC Deductions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.