Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,347 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Any Lawyer Here? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Any Lawyer Here? (1925 Views)

Shame On Any Lawyer Supporting Buhari!!! Shame On Falana!!!shame On Festus Kenya / Judge Rejects Defence Lawyer’s Request To Withdraw After Metuh’s Fall / Abuja Court Orders Defence Lawyer To Explain Melaye’s Absence (2) (3) (4)

Any Lawyer Here? by arthurwillia(m): 7:26pm On Jan 19, 2022
Quick one any lawyer here in the house? Need your advice ASAP
Re: Any Lawyer Here? by alphaNomega: 7:52pm On Jan 19, 2022
Shoot
Re: Any Lawyer Here? by arthurwillia(m): 8:18pm On Jan 19, 2022
alphaNomega:
Shoot

Thanks bro
I have a lengthy question o, first of
Is it right by laws to disconnect the light of a tenant that owes bill of 2 months?
Re: Any Lawyer Here? by alphaNomega: 6:16am On Jan 20, 2022
arthurwillia:

Thanks bro
Is it right by laws to disconnect the light of a tenant that owes bill of 2 months?

Default of one month may lead to refusal of service
Re: Any Lawyer Here? by Nobody: 7:58am On Jan 20, 2022
arthurwillia:

Thanks bro

Is your rent all inclusive? If your light bill is separate to your rent, then your landlord/lady has no right to disconnect the electricity. They can give you notice to quit but shouldn't touch the amenities.
Ps. I am not a lawyer.

Re: Any Lawyer Here? by arthurwillia(m): 4:47pm On Jan 20, 2022
alphaNomega:

Default of one month may lead to refusal of service

Ok thank you
Ok so to the main issue
I have this tenant, his rent was due in oct ending and I asked him to renew, he didn’t pleading and I gave him a time frame and he didn’t meet up,
1 so is he entitled to 6 months quit notice?
2 if he’s entitled how do I get my money then? Or it’s free m?
Re: Any Lawyer Here? by arthurwillia(m): 4:49pm On Jan 20, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

Is your rent all inclusive? If your light bill is separate to your rent, then your landlord/lady has no right to disconnect the electricity. They can give you notice to quit but shouldn't touch the amenities.
Ps. I am not a lawyer.

Rent isn’t all inclusive here’s light bill
Landlord cannot disconnect light even If I don’t pay?
Re: Any Lawyer Here? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 20, 2022
arthurwillia:

Rent isn’t all inclusive here’s light bill
Landlord cannot disconnect light even If I don’t pay?

We live in different climes so I don't really know how things work in Nigeria. I'm sure a landlord/lady is a law unto himself and can do what he likes. Over here, the landlord cannot disconnect your electricity. Only the electricity board can do that if you default.
Re: Any Lawyer Here? by arthurwillia(m): 6:53pm On Jan 20, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

We live in different climes so I don't really know how things work in Nigeria. I'm sure a landlord/lady is a law unto himself and can do what he likes. Over here, the landlord cannot disconnect your electricity. Only the electricity board can do that if you default.

Ohh ok
The landlord did it by order of the electricity board jare
You are in youkay abi SA
Re: Any Lawyer Here? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jan 20, 2022
arthurwillia:

Ohh ok
The landlord did it by order of the electricity board jare
You are in youkay abi SA

London grin
Re: Any Lawyer Here? by arthurwillia(m): 7:22pm On Jan 20, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

London grin

Ok pastor m
Hope harmattan abi sorry cold no Dey lol

Re: Any Lawyer Here? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jan 20, 2022
arthurwillia:

Ok pastor m
Hope harmattan abi sorry cold no Dey lol

It's quite cold at the moment. We're in winter. We've got our heating on so the house is nice and warm grin
Re: Any Lawyer Here? by arthurwillia(m): 8:36pm On Jan 20, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

It's quite cold at the moment. We're in winter. We've got our heating on so the house is nice and warm grin

Nice one
Hope to be in Manchester soon, with NHS

Re: Any Lawyer Here? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jan 20, 2022
arthurwillia:

Nice one
Hope to be in Manchester soon, with NHS

That's great. I may be losing my job end of March with the NHS because I don't want to get the vaccine. Make sure you're vaccinated as it's now a mandate before working with the NHS.
Re: Any Lawyer Here? by alphaNomega: 9:36pm On Jan 20, 2022
arthurwillia:

Ok thank you
Ok so to the main issue
I have this tenant, his rent was due in oct ending and I asked him to renew, he didn’t pleading and I gave him a time frame and he didn’t meet up,
1 so is he entitled to 6 months quit notice?
2 if he’s entitled how do I get my money then? Or it’s free m?
What were the terms in your tenancy agreement? It should guide you in your next step whether to serve a quit notice or explore other means.

Ideally you should serve him a quit notice.

Re: Any Lawyer Here? by jmoore(m): 10:35pm On Jan 20, 2022
I thought you have been advised previously to get a lawyer to help you get the notice to quit.

Re: Any Lawyer Here? by omaclarry(m): 11:39pm On Jan 20, 2022
Ikwerre landlord will remove you roof and doors if you default in rent. If you report to police he will jejely tell them he wants to renovate the house to serve you better, only you go use your hand pack go village.

Re: Any Lawyer Here? by arthurwillia(m): 4:21pm On Jan 21, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

That's great. I may be losing my job end of March with the NHS because I don't want to get the vaccine. Make sure you're vaccinated as it's now a mandate before working with the NHS.

Ok what’s your reservation about the vaccine though?
Re: Any Lawyer Here? by arthurwillia(m): 4:22pm On Jan 21, 2022
jmoore:
I thought you have been advised previously to get a lawyer to help you get the notice to quit.

On it don’t fret
Re: Any Lawyer Here? by arthurwillia(m): 4:23pm On Jan 21, 2022
alphaNomega:

What were the terms in your tenancy agreement? It should guide you in your next step whether to serve a quit notice or explore other means.

Ideally you should serve him a quit notice.

Quit notice for 6 months?
Re: Any Lawyer Here? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jan 21, 2022
arthurwillia:

Ok what’s your reservation about the vaccine though?

I won't be forced.

Re: Any Lawyer Here? by alphaNomega: 5:39pm On Jan 21, 2022
arthurwillia:

Quit notice for 6 months?

Yes please, a tenant that pays annual rent is entitled to a 6 month quit notice, if your rent was monthly, then quit notice lasts for one month.

If the tenant fails to leave after the notice to quit has elapsed, proceed to court for legal eviction process.

Re: Any Lawyer Here? by arthurwillia(m): 8:02pm On Jan 21, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

I won't be forced.

Ok you’ll rather lose your job than take two jabs
Re: Any Lawyer Here? by arthurwillia(m): 8:03pm On Jan 21, 2022
alphaNomega:

Yes please, a tenant that pays annual rent is entitled to a 6 month quit notice, if your rent was monthly, then quit notice lasts for one month.

If the tenant fails to leave after the notice to quit has elapsed, proceed to court for legal eviction process.

Who pays for the 6 months?
Re: Any Lawyer Here? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jan 21, 2022
arthurwillia:

Ok you’ll rather lose your job than take two jabs

That's right, yes.

Re: Any Lawyer Here? by arthurwillia(m): 8:13pm On Jan 21, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

That's right, yes.
Ok congrats
Your body you choice

Re: Any Lawyer Here? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jan 21, 2022
arthurwillia:

Ok congrats
Your body you choice

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/covid-vaccine-mandate-nhs-staff-paused-government-workers-sacked-1416578

Covid vaccine mandate for NHS staff could be ‘paused’ by Government over fears 70,000 workers would be sacked

EXCLUSIVE Boris Johnson under pressure from MPs who fear April 1 deadline could do more harm than good

NHS staff are calling for it to be scrapped. Not paused. I bet the Govt were shocked to find out that doctors, dentists, nurses, paramedics, administrators etc, would rather quit than take the jab.

The deadline for the first jab is 3rd February. After that, they were supposed to give us redundancy notices. Let's see what'll happen now.

Re: Any Lawyer Here? by arthurwillia(m): 8:40pm On Jan 21, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/covid-vaccine-mandate-nhs-staff-paused-government-workers-sacked-1416578

Covid vaccine mandate for NHS staff could be ‘paused’ by Government over fears 70,000 workers would be sacked

EXCLUSIVE Boris Johnson under pressure from MPs who fear April 1 deadline could do more harm than good

NHS staff are calling for it to be scrapped. Not paused. I bet the Govt were shocked to find out that doctors, dentists, nurses, paramedics, administrators etc, would rather quit than take the jab.

The deadline for the first jab is 3rd February. After that, they were supposed to give us redundancy notices. Let's see what'll happen now.

It’s very bad oo
What do you do?
Re: Any Lawyer Here? by alphaNomega: 9:41pm On Jan 21, 2022
arthurwillia:

Who pays for the 6 months?

The court will decide by the time they need to proceed with legal eviction.
Re: Any Lawyer Here? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 21, 2022
arthurwillia:

It’s very bad oo
What do you do?

I'm an administrator. We wait. Some staff are marching in protest tomorrow but I'll watch them on the telly. It's too cold ojare grin

Re: Any Lawyer Here? by arthurwillia(m): 12:02am On Jan 22, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

I'm an administrator. We wait. Some staff are marching in protest tomorrow but I'll watch them on the telly. It's too cold ojare grin
Pele oko e nko?
Re: Any Lawyer Here? by arthurwillia(m): 12:03am On Jan 22, 2022
alphaNomega:

The court will decide by the time they need to proceed with legal eviction.

So in a situation where the tenant goes before the 6 months notice elapse
He will go without paying anything?

Asari Dokubo Slams Obasanjo For Allegedly Backing IPOB, Insults Yoruba Leaders / "This Thing Behind Me" Tinubu Rubbish Gov. Dapo Abiodun On Stage.....why? / Nigerians Roast Fani-kayode Over Apology Boast