Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,359 members, 7,836,463 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

AFCON 2022: La Liga Celebrate Nigeria In Pidgin English - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON 2022: La Liga Celebrate Nigeria In Pidgin English (43769 Views)

AS Roma Celebrate Nigeria Win Over Benin In Pidgin / Fikayo Tomori And Tammy Abraham Celebrate Nigeria's 59th Independence Day / Jamie Vardy: Nigerian Players Keep Talking In Pidgin English, I Want To Learn It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AFCON 2022: La Liga Celebrate Nigeria In Pidgin English by geechy: 8:36am On Jan 20, 2022
Use geechy

@op,,,

And tomorrow the whites will say Mungo park discovered pidgin English ...
Re: AFCON 2022: La Liga Celebrate Nigeria In Pidgin English by izubext007: 8:39am On Jan 20, 2022
Akin u are right............sack him out of the world if possible.
Re: AFCON 2022: La Liga Celebrate Nigeria In Pidgin English by izubext007: 8:40am On Jan 20, 2022
Thank God say Musa and Mikel no play if not
Re: AFCON 2022: La Liga Celebrate Nigeria In Pidgin English by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 8:47am On Jan 20, 2022
DispatcherLagos:
That's mockery
it's not by force to post opinion on Nairaland, sometimes just waka pass cool
Re: AFCON 2022: La Liga Celebrate Nigeria In Pidgin English by DavSagacity(m): 8:48am On Jan 20, 2022
jesvic91:
NFF should go to Genot Rohr's house and sack that man again
Bros. !!! Bross!!! U go wicked oOoOO

Lolzzzzzzzzzz .... He knows now that him no Sabi. Honestly our former players and legend can handle the super eagles if given the opportunity. No need to be wasting money on foreign Coach that don't understand our games. These legends have played the game at the highest level and can talk to this boys about they joy and expectations of Nigerians once they have that green shirts ON.

I support you bro. They should issue him another sack letter and ask for refund of 6 months salary for all those nonsense games.
Re: AFCON 2022: La Liga Celebrate Nigeria In Pidgin English by FERNANDEZISBACK: 8:50am On Jan 20, 2022
true2god:
Na you no understand wetin the guy dey yarn. If your colonial master wey be Britain, no wan congratulate you with/in their queen’s English, allow others to rejoice with us in pidgin language. Shey you get am so?
Ooh thanks I get it now..
Re: AFCON 2022: La Liga Celebrate Nigeria In Pidgin English by yetunsbay(m): 8:51am On Jan 20, 2022
DispatcherLagos:
from the language point of view. Could have made more sense if they congratulated us with good English language
so funny of you
Re: AFCON 2022: La Liga Celebrate Nigeria In Pidgin English by DavSagacity(m): 8:54am On Jan 20, 2022
DispatcherLagos:
from the language point of view. Could have made more sense if they congratulated us with good English language
No bro. There is Pidgin Commentary for all Nigeria games. And the guy has been doing a good job. So if they decided to send their message Pidgin there is no wahala. It's absolutely SPOT ON.
Re: AFCON 2022: La Liga Celebrate Nigeria In Pidgin English by FERNANDEZISBACK: 8:56am On Jan 20, 2022
Nairobi33:

You suffering from inferiority complex, I swear angry
See problem so saying congratulation is congratulation that means inferiority complex?
You are insecured young boy..
Re: AFCON 2022: La Liga Celebrate Nigeria In Pidgin English by jclassiq(m): 8:57am On Jan 20, 2022
paulolee:
this laliga tweeter guy n dt seria a own self too dey patronize us...
i hear sadiq play for Spanish club ameria in league 2, maybe DM de happy say d scrap finally score....big waste
the shocking tin was seeing eguavon very happy dt sadiq finally scored a goal, hope its not wat m thinking?
sure say sadiq strong leg for abuja never promise our coach better moni if him slot score??
Baba no be small thing o. I swear last night this is exactly what came to my mind when i realize the guy na Hausa guy. Because how can you continuously use that guy wey be stumbling block for goodness sake?
Re: AFCON 2022: La Liga Celebrate Nigeria In Pidgin English by IamGreen1(f): 9:03am On Jan 20, 2022
jesvic91:

Very funny you cheesy
Re: AFCON 2022: La Liga Celebrate Nigeria In Pidgin English by DLuciano: 9:10am On Jan 20, 2022
DispatcherLagos:
That's mockery
don't be narrow minded! Somebody is trying to be homely with you by speaking your common language and you call that mockery? you must be a sadist shocked shocked
Re: AFCON 2022: La Liga Celebrate Nigeria In Pidgin English by frugal(m): 9:13am On Jan 20, 2022
JohnnyBling:

From what point of view is that?
From his anus obviously.

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2022: La Liga Celebrate Nigeria In Pidgin English by mustbewell: 9:14am On Jan 20, 2022
jesvic91:
you are the man
Re: AFCON 2022: La Liga Celebrate Nigeria In Pidgin English by dominique(f): 9:16am On Jan 20, 2022
Treasure17:
There's this inner satisfaction when you watch the eagles play. God will judge Rohr.

And punish him accordingly
Re: AFCON 2022: La Liga Celebrate Nigeria In Pidgin English by Successlane: 9:17am On Jan 20, 2022
Jangbajantis:
None of the African teams this year is top-notch. So it's too early to beat the chest. Let's see how Eagles fair among foreign nations at the World Cup, then we'll know what to say.

True, but Nigerians are now happy watching super eagles play again after five years of sluggish, directionless, lack of commitment from the players.
When your team play well and lose, you will still remain their fan, than a team winning and not interesting to watch.
Re: AFCON 2022: La Liga Celebrate Nigeria In Pidgin English by Bamzyriches451: 9:25am On Jan 20, 2022
DispatcherLagos:
That's mockery
It's obvious you're reasoning from your nyansh
Re: AFCON 2022: La Liga Celebrate Nigeria In Pidgin English by Solsix(m): 9:30am On Jan 20, 2022
jesvic91:
Hahahaha Nigerians una too get mouth
Re: AFCON 2022: La Liga Celebrate Nigeria In Pidgin English by princewarri1985: 9:34am On Jan 20, 2022
Idamond:
https://www.facebook.com/187991754570725/posts/5039000769469775/
Am not suprised because this crop of super eagles players shocked the whole world, many Nigerians that has lost interest in Nigeria football before, you see them glued to their TV when ever Nigeria is playing. This crop of players reminds me of the USA 94 and atlanta olympic 96 squad. Nigeria is coming home with the cup and i can bet my left balls on that! And i see big clubs like real madrid comming for that nantes of france ligue one left wing player Simon because he is the revolution in this tournament. And i also see Nigeria being number one in africa when the next fifa ranking is released.
Re: AFCON 2022: La Liga Celebrate Nigeria In Pidgin English by Jaqenhghar: 9:36am On Jan 20, 2022
JohnnyBling:

It even made more sense posting it in pidgin, it shows our uniqueness. Moreover, it sells our own English to the world. Pidgin na our own, "good English" isn't original.
The question is "who is buying it?"
You should be able to differentiate genuine congratulatory messages from empty flattery and virtue signalling.
The same La liga won't punish fans when they call your players monkey or throw bananas in the pitch.

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2022: La Liga Celebrate Nigeria In Pidgin English by Nobody: 9:45am On Jan 20, 2022
La Liga get respect for African football
Re: AFCON 2022: La Liga Celebrate Nigeria In Pidgin English by olanrewaju99(m): 9:48am On Jan 20, 2022
NFF should demand a refund from Rohr for the wasted 5 years.
Re: AFCON 2022: La Liga Celebrate Nigeria In Pidgin English by Treasure17(m): 10:04am On Jan 20, 2022
grin grin

dominique:

And punish him accordingly
Re: AFCON 2022: La Liga Celebrate Nigeria In Pidgin English by LordErrk: 10:06am On Jan 20, 2022
DispatcherLagos:
That's mockery

Aboki
Re: AFCON 2022: La Liga Celebrate Nigeria In Pidgin English by charlypoker(m): 10:17am On Jan 20, 2022
I concur, bro. that Rohr na rubbish man............................ grin grin grin grin grin grin
see the magic Eguavoen is performing
Re: AFCON 2022: La Liga Celebrate Nigeria In Pidgin English by SuperbCrown: 10:22am On Jan 20, 2022
Mumu submission
DispatcherLagos:
Re: AFCON 2022: La Liga Celebrate Nigeria In Pidgin English by Yinksy09(m): 10:23am On Jan 20, 2022
Na wonderful team we get. I just Dey enjoy gbedu music since our win yesterday

Re: AFCON 2022: La Liga Celebrate Nigeria In Pidgin English by Germi9: 10:28am On Jan 20, 2022
Hisbah21:
best team so far

the cup is ours
Cameroon nko
Re: AFCON 2022: La Liga Celebrate Nigeria In Pidgin English by Metaphysical27: 10:39am On Jan 20, 2022
The black man can never be proud of themselves. One major thing the white man used to colonise us is with their language. And as long as we speak English we are still colonise. Sad enough we don't have a national language cause of diversity in culture. English is a lingua franca not our national language. People are now agitating for Pigin to be our national language. It is not a substandard English. No matter how you speak this English or wine mouth you can never be competent as the native speaker. I studied English and literature at UNIBEN and one of our course was pidgin
Re: AFCON 2022: La Liga Celebrate Nigeria In Pidgin English by 007lss: 10:56am On Jan 20, 2022
jesvic91:
lol
Re: AFCON 2022: La Liga Celebrate Nigeria In Pidgin English by temmyblaze001: 11:41am On Jan 20, 2022
paulolee:
this laliga tweeter guy n dt seria a own self too dey patronize us...
i hear sadiq play for Spanish club ameria in league 2, maybe DM de happy say d scrap finally score....big waste
the shocking tin was seeing eguavon very happy dt sadiq finally scored a goal, hope its not wat m thinking?
sure say sadiq strong leg for abuja never promise our coach better moni if him slot score??

I suspect that too, cos we have good guys that are better than that guy. I wonder why he was selected.
Re: AFCON 2022: La Liga Celebrate Nigeria In Pidgin English by gosmoney(m): 12:09pm On Jan 20, 2022
jesvic91:
u funny I beg cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nike Drops Neymar After He Was Accused Of Forcing Mouthaction On A Nike Employee / Which Player Should Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2022? / Anthony Joshua Shares Photos With His Son As They Vacation Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.