Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,353 members, 7,812,004 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:04 AM

What Is Going On With Sunday Igboho? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Going On With Sunday Igboho? (541 Views)

Sanwo Olu Bribed Us With Sunday Rice / Oduduwa Rally Holds In Canada In Solidarity With Sunday Igboho (photos) / BBC Interview With Sunday Igboho About Fulani Excesses In South West. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Going On With Sunday Igboho? by MikePhilly(m): 8:04am On Jan 20, 2022
Sunday Adeyemo (Igboho) has spent over 140 days in Beninese jail

Yoruba politicians dissociate themselves from him

Lawyer reportedly abandons and disregarded him, while Kanu enjoys support of both the media and political strongholds

Deji Obasa.

Yoruba self determination activist, Sunday Adeyemo, popularly known as Sunday Igboho might not be having the best of time, as it seems he has been abandoned to his fate inside a Beninese jail. Especially seeing how his eastern counterpart has continued to make headlines and nothing has been heard about him since early November last year

Fleeing Nigeria after a bloody raid on his Ibadan residence by the DSS, Sunday was arrested by the International Criminal Police Organisation at the Cadjèhoun Airport in Cotonou on Monday, July 19th 2021, and arraigned in court the following Thursday.

The Cour D’Appel De Cotonou adjourned the case till the following Monday, when it further adjourned indefinitely, citing grounds that it was investigating the case against the activist.

There were speculations that the Federal Government of Nigeria was making moves to extradite him to Nigeria to face terrorism charges alongside Nnamdi Kanu, but the prolonged trial resumption has frustrated any chances of that.

According to Igboho's lead counsel, Yomi Alliyu's statement last year, he is not facing any trial as far as Nigeria is concerned.

“He is not facing any trial. Nigeria is dictating whatever they want Cotonou to do. “But that’s not withstanding, he is not facing any trial. He has not committed any offence. He went to Cotonou with ECOWAS passport and he is not facing any trial there.

“As I usually say, Cotonou is Nigeria’s 37th state. When they sneeze in Nigeria, they catch cold in Cotonou. Igboho has not committed any offence that will make him to face any trial in Cotonou.

“He can be in Cotonou as long as he wishes on ECOWAS protocol. So he has no trial in Cotonou.”

Speaking on his situation after been disrespected and letdown by his own lawyers , Igboho said in a leaked audio tape “I have accepted my fate. I do not fear anything except God. I will ask the judge if he is God. If they decide to take me back to Nigeria, let them take me there. Kanu is in Nigeria, and we are fighting under the same circumstances. It is only fear, but if there is God there, let them bring me to Nigeria.”

Leaves one to ponder questions such as

1. Is it this easy to be forgotten, even as a people's person

2. Are there laws against agitating for self determination

3. What is the supposed endgame of the presidency for suppressing Sunday Igboho and Nnamdi Kanu

4. What is Sunday's condition in the Beninese jail, considering nothing has been heard concerning him since early November 2021

Re: What Is Going On With Sunday Igboho? by Nobody: 8:07am On Jan 20, 2022
The pity i have for this guy is that he didnt even play the game long,like Nnamdi Kanu.

He started his nonsense agitation and get arrested.

The best agitation is during the election,vote candidates that will represent ur interests,If you have any problem met them,and they will take it to upper level..

no Yoruba should quote me

1 Like

Re: What Is Going On With Sunday Igboho? by Coolsperm: 8:12am On Jan 20, 2022
His so called brothers who are well known unity begars have moved on with plans to make a dead rat president

1 Like

Re: What Is Going On With Sunday Igboho? by MikePhilly(m): 8:17am On Jan 20, 2022
Coolsperm:
His so called brothers who are well known unity begars have moved on with plans to make a dead rat president

The Lord be our shepherd in Nigeria
FTC
Re: What Is Going On With Sunday Igboho? by Shetemi12(m): 8:19am On Jan 20, 2022
Yoruba people have continued their life as usual.

Moral lesson: Fight for people when you only see them at the front.

1 Like

Re: What Is Going On With Sunday Igboho? by gidgiddy: 8:53am On Jan 20, 2022
Sunday Igboho was fighting for people who never appreciated him

The same people hoping that Nnamdi Kanus people will abandon him like they have abandoned Igboho

1 Like

Re: What Is Going On With Sunday Igboho? by MikePhilly(m): 9:44am On Jan 20, 2022
gidgiddy:
Sunday Igboho was fighting for people who never appreciated him

The same people hoping that Nnamdi Kanus people will abandon him like they have abandoned Igboho
That's harsh...but somewhat true

1 Like

Re: What Is Going On With Sunday Igboho? by PrinceGallant: 11:40am On Jan 20, 2022
Until we understand the word representative. The representative of every group, community, society, tribe, or state is the head of it, and voice of which can only be recognised. Is Igboho a representative of Yoruba? No one among the representative of Yorubas; politicians and traditional chiefs, are in support of Igboho actions. He is never in resemblance of Kanu whose tribe's representative are also in support of him.

(1) (Reply)

Photo News: Lagos First Lady, Lawma Md Inspect ‘adopt-a-bin’ / BREAKING: I Am Declaring My Decision To Run For President In 2023 - 102yrs Woman / Nigerians Calling For War During Endsars Now Beg For Evacuation In Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.