Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,790 members, 7,831,553 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

Nnamdi Kanu Denied Being An IPOB Member (video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu Denied Being An IPOB Member (video) (410 Views)

Ifeanyi Ejiofor: Nnamdi Kanu Never Denied Being The Leader Of IPOB / Shuaib Labaran: Nnamdi Kanu Denied Being An IPOB Member / Adamu Garba: Twitter Is An IPOB-Online Machine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Nnamdi Kanu Denied Being An IPOB Member (video) by Biodex58(m): 9:06am On Jan 20, 2022
The Nigerian government lawyer Shuaibu Labaran Magaji revealed that Nnamdi Kanu denied being a member of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) in court on Wednesday.

Magaji stated this while speaking with journalists at the court premises after the trial was adjourned till February 16.
Magaji, who brought two prosecution witnesses to court on Wednesday, expressed the disappointment that the trial could not begin immediately.

According to him, the defense team ambushed the court with an application for bail and another application seeking to quash the charges against Kanu.

Magaji added that Kanu “vehemently” denied being an IPOB member.

He said, “One of the charges suggesting that the defendant, Nnamdi Kanu is a member of IPOB and he vehemently denied being a member of IPOB. That is very curious and we urge Nigerians to see us through how we are going to prove all those charges against the defendant in no time to come.”

Watch the video via the link below:

Nnamdi Kanu

Kanu is currently facing 15 amended charges bordering on terrorism.

He leaded not guilty to all 15 counts read to him on Wednesday.

After the plea taking, the prosecutor, Shuiabu Labaran, urged the trial judge, Mrs. Binta Nyako, to order the trial to commence.

Related News
Nnamdi Kanu to Buhari's govt: Your charge watery, dead on arrival
Nnamdi Kanu's trial postponed (read the amended charges)
Nnamdi Kanu’s supporters, security operatives clash
The Nigerian government lawyer said there were two prosecution witnesses in court on Wednesday for the trial to begin immediately.

But Mr. Kanu’s lawyer, Mike Ozekhome, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), objected to the commencement of trial, arguing that his client’s two pending applications challenging the validity of the charges must first be taken and determined.

“I am surprised that the prosecution was telling the court that it was ready to go on with the trial,” Mr Ozekhome said.

He argued further, “We have served the prosecution with two fundamental documents. We have generated a preliminary objection. We urge the court to discharge and acquit the defendant because there is no basis for the charge to stand.

“We cannot go into trial without addressing the pending applications.

“The very applications are fundamental and intrinsic to the hearing and determination of the 15-count charge.”

Responding, Mr. Labaran said he had just been served on Wednesday with the applications seeking to quash the charges as well as the defendant’s bail.

“You cannot file a process on the same day and it will be heard. Constitutionally, we have a right to look at the court papers and see whether to reply or not,” the government lawyer argued.

But the judge was not disposed to entertaining Mr Kanu’s bail application, saying, “I can’t hear the bail application for now.”

Mrs Nyako, however, agreed with the defense lawyer that “his application must be heard and determined first, whether the charges are defective or not.”

She then adjourned the case until February 16.

Kindly Watch and Subscribe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONHnOo9aXxo

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Denied Being An IPOB Member (video) by Ezehillary(m): 9:07am On Jan 20, 2022
Where is nnamdi kanu denial ipob
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Denied Being An IPOB Member (video) by Nobody: 9:19am On Jan 20, 2022
he deny his own people.
Ipob what next,your Oga denied u
let him rot in jail
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Denied Being An IPOB Member (video) by chiagozien(m): 9:23am On Jan 20, 2022
Baboons and monkeys in zoo fooling themselves.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Denied Being An IPOB Member (video) by Austin4lif: 10:00am On Jan 20, 2022
Hisbah21:
he deny his own people.

Ipob what next,your Oga denied u

let him rot in jail
even Bello turji have denied zamfara and on his way to continue the jihad in Kwara state. Dnt quote me for being an IPOB or Igbo, igbos and Yorubas are not the only ones on NL. I am against fulani Islamic jihadist terrorist .
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Denied Being An IPOB Member (video) by jlinkd78(m): 10:47am On Jan 20, 2022
N
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Denied Being An IPOB Member (video) by Nobody: 10:55am On Jan 20, 2022
Austin4lif:
even Bello turji have denied zamfara and on his way to continue the jihad in Kwara state. Dnt quote me for being an IPOB or Igbo, igbos and Yorubas are not the only ones on NL. I am against fulani Islamic jihadist terrorist .

so?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Denied Being An IPOB Member (video) by Austin4lif: 11:10am On Jan 20, 2022
Hisbah21:

so?
Show me any post where u condemned your fulani Islamic jihadist terrorist brothers and I will credit you 10k. Nnamdi kanu is not as toxic as those bandits and killer herdsmen we are battling in the north. You guys are just displaying hate because kanu is challenging Islam.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Denied Being An IPOB Member (video) by Mynd44: 12:20pm On Jan 20, 2022

(1)

Corruption Is Cancer, We Must Call It Out —Osinbajo / Saraki And Ngozi Okonjo 2023 / Nasim Biometric Software Download For Windows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.