Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,728 members, 7,851,500 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:51 PM

Employers Who Owe Their Workers - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Employers Who Owe Their Workers (175 Views)

20 Companies In Nigerian That Pay Their Workers Well / Which State In Nigeria Has The Highest Salary Package For Their Workers? / JED Sacks Over 50% Of Their Workers In Makurdi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Employers Who Owe Their Workers by SAMPSON002(m): 12:22pm On Jan 21, 2022
Those Bosses Who Are Comfortable With Owing Their Staff For Months, HOW DO THEY SLEEP?

:::::

First, I want you to understand that I'm not a 'soft' guy to work with. Those that work with me know that lateness to work (later than 7:50a.m), absenteeism and other forms of 'unseriousness' has stated FINANCIAL IMPLICATIONS i.e I deduct money from your salary if you mess up.

Second, I'm not a money bag. So when I'm preaching that Employers should live up to their financial covenant to their staff, don't think this is because I have millions dumped in my bank accounts.

My standard is to pay my staff on the 24th of every month, but there have been few occasions when one or two staff have to receive later.

Truly, I'm not yet like Dangote or Otedola.

:::::

However I see this trend of most Employers not taking the payment of salaries seriously.

Some could owe for like 90 days without bothering. They are even surprised when an employee complain.

I've experienced this first hand because I was under a boss for over 6 years before I moved on.

::::

See, I am in the game so I understand how tough business can be, especially when several staff are involved.

I understand that money can run away sometimes.

But I have issue with those who are ALWAYS owing. They owe in January, owe in February, owe in March and still expect the staff to understand.

As a boss, I'm always conscious of the fact that there are a lot of STOMACHS depending on each of my staff

Imagine if she's the breadwinner of a family of 5. And you owe her for 3 months.

You sef check am nah

You wan make dem die?

:::

I believe the point is clear enough now, and I trust most of us will REPENT!

SAMPSON UKWU
[Global Education Consultant; Proprietor, Noble Group of Schools]

Re: Employers Who Owe Their Workers by bitbillionaire: 12:38pm On Jan 21, 2022
You now have power to fire your boss! Chat me up on Whatsapp let me add you to Job Vacancies group

(1) (Reply)

Business Analyst Course / Starting A Career In Canada / Happy Weekend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.