Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

Why Do Mobile Tech Companies Not Take Old Phone And Give You A New Upgrade? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Do Mobile Tech Companies Not Take Old Phone And Give You A New Upgrade? (1367 Views)

Pls Any Old Phone You Can Give Out / 3 Month Old Phone With Receipt For Sale Or Swap With Cash / Trump Is Frustrating Chinese Tech Companies And See How It May Affect Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Mobile Tech Companies Not Take Old Phone And Give You A New Upgrade? by chatinent: 10:32pm On Jan 21, 2022
I have been wondering. Why do mobile tech companies not take your old version of the phone and give you a new one then you balance up?

For example, Infinix Q is out and you purchase it. Tomorrow, Qpro is out. Why is it impossible to swap with the manufacturing company for a latest version....since they can always recycle phones?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Mobile Tech Companies Not Take Old Phone And Give You A New Upgrade? by AREWAELENU: 10:40pm On Jan 21, 2022
They Do o, or make yourself clearer maybe,

Cuz you can actually swap your old phones add money to get the latest one, it's very common these days

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Mobile Tech Companies Not Take Old Phone And Give You A New Upgrade? by chatinent: 10:42pm On Jan 21, 2022
AREWAELENU:
They Do o, or make yourself clearer maybe,

Cuz you can actually swap your old phones add money to get the latest one, it's very common these days

The companies takes your old phone and give you an upgraded one ...and you balance them?

Or you mean other buyers?
Re: Why Do Mobile Tech Companies Not Take Old Phone And Give You A New Upgrade? by NotBeenPaid: 5:18am On Jan 22, 2022

If they have to swap every older device with the newer one they'll be running at a loss. The older device becomes unsellable, recycled. The idea behind releasing newer devices is to make more money.

A lot of mobile phone users these days are very much emotionally attached to their gadgets, they rather keep them and get a newer version than having to swap, hence could also pass for a relics someday.

I still missed not having my old phones here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Mobile Tech Companies Not Take Old Phone And Give You A New Upgrade? by Nickshrapnel: 7:28am On Jan 22, 2022
chatinent:

The companies takes your old phone and give you an upgraded one ...and you balance them?

Or you mean other buyers?
Some stores do take old devices and give you any other device of your choice. They’d evaluate the worth of your current device and ask you to pay the balance of the new phone’s worth.
Re: Why Do Mobile Tech Companies Not Take Old Phone And Give You A New Upgrade? by chatinent: 7:29am On Jan 22, 2022
Nickshrapnel:
Some stores do take old devices and give you any other device of your choice. They’d evaluate the worth of your current device and ask you to pay the balance of the new phone’s worth.

Abeg tell me the store names. Since I love being updated, I go get plenty old phones.
Re: Why Do Mobile Tech Companies Not Take Old Phone And Give You A New Upgrade? by Nickshrapnel: 7:35am On Jan 22, 2022
chatinent:

Abeg tell me the store names. Since I love being updated, I go get plenty old phones.
3C hub, this I know for sure and maybe slot.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Mobile Tech Companies Not Take Old Phone And Give You A New Upgrade? by chatinent: 7:41am On Jan 22, 2022
Nickshrapnel:

Thanks
Re: Why Do Mobile Tech Companies Not Take Old Phone And Give You A New Upgrade? by Ola17: 11:15am On Jan 22, 2022
NotBeenPaid:

If they have to swap every older device with the newer one they'll be running at a loss. The older device becomes unsellable, recycled. The idea behind releasing newer devices is to make more money.

A lot of mobile phone users these days are very much emotionally attached to their gadgets, they rather keep them and get a newer version than having to swap, hence could also pass for a relics someday.

I still missed not having my old phones here.

Older iPhone models are actively exchanged for newer models in all Apple stores worldwide. You can even opt for cash or gift cards. In fact Apple encourages its customers to trade in their older iPhone models. Can’t say for other phone makers though.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Mobile Tech Companies Not Take Old Phone And Give You A New Upgrade? by Freelancerx: 5:19pm On Jan 22, 2022
They do. I know Carlcare takes care of that if you want to swap transsion devices
Re: Why Do Mobile Tech Companies Not Take Old Phone And Give You A New Upgrade? by chatinent: 5:26pm On Jan 22, 2022
Freelancerx:
They do. I know Carlcare takes care of that if you want to swap transsion devices

They don't.

I visited an outlet and they debunked it ..even when I saw it written on the carlcare app.
Re: Why Do Mobile Tech Companies Not Take Old Phone And Give You A New Upgrade? by Freelancerx: 5:44pm On Jan 22, 2022
chatinent:

They don't.

I visited an outlet and they debunked it ..even when I saw it written on the carlcare app.
then it has to be peculiar to that outlet, even Slot do the same I think

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Mobile Tech Companies Not Take Old Phone And Give You A New Upgrade? by Wahalaguy1: 10:00pm On Jan 22, 2022
They certainly do through some outlets such as Carlcare, Slots and 3CHUB
Re: Why Do Mobile Tech Companies Not Take Old Phone And Give You A New Upgrade? by Fonjewel0(f): 9:04am On Jan 23, 2022
Nickshrapnel:

Sentiprotect too!

Currently on phone swap!
Re: Why Do Mobile Tech Companies Not Take Old Phone And Give You A New Upgrade? by gistray: 9:08am On Jan 23, 2022
Nobody loves TECNO and his siblings phone bro

Even the manufacturers don't like it

They all use iPhone

So that's why they can't return your TECNO
Re: Why Do Mobile Tech Companies Not Take Old Phone And Give You A New Upgrade? by Kakadancefreak(f): 9:34am On Jan 23, 2022
Fonjewel0:

Sentiprotect too!

Currently on phone swap!

Ya!

I know of Carlcare too.......
Re: Why Do Mobile Tech Companies Not Take Old Phone And Give You A New Upgrade? by Wanni25(f): 9:42am On Jan 23, 2022
They actually do o......

Some service delivery centers are Carlcare, Sentiprotect, 3hub and slot.
Re: Why Do Mobile Tech Companies Not Take Old Phone And Give You A New Upgrade? by Idarachris84: 10:09am On Jan 23, 2022
Wanni25:
They actually do o......

Some service delivery centers are Carlcare, Sentiprotect, 3hub and slot.

Will check them out!

3Chub is closest to me.....
Re: Why Do Mobile Tech Companies Not Take Old Phone And Give You A New Upgrade? by scarycuteface(m): 11:59am On Jan 23, 2022
Here for the answers
Re: Why Do Mobile Tech Companies Not Take Old Phone And Give You A New Upgrade? by AmadorSays: 7:58am On Jan 24, 2022
Nice question actually, maybe that will reduce their profit?
Re: Why Do Mobile Tech Companies Not Take Old Phone And Give You A New Upgrade? by AmadorSays: 7:59am On Jan 24, 2022
gistray:

They all use iPhone

totally out of point from the topic, and FYI people love TECNO phones and they use them.
Re: Why Do Mobile Tech Companies Not Take Old Phone And Give You A New Upgrade? by Corroro: 3:16pm On Jan 24, 2022
Good question, but carlcare offers swap deals sha
Re: Why Do Mobile Tech Companies Not Take Old Phone And Give You A New Upgrade? by Corroro: 3:17pm On Jan 24, 2022
gistray:

They all use iPhone

please don't say what you don't know, if people didn't love the brand why then do carlcare or slot offer swap deals?
Re: Why Do Mobile Tech Companies Not Take Old Phone And Give You A New Upgrade? by NightFood: 9:53am On Jan 25, 2022
Definitely some mobile companies do this, yet to see one though

(1) (Reply)

Phones Other Than Iphone With A Blur Background Image Feature / Data For Sale! I Mistakenly Bought 11000 Instead Of 1000 / Can Iphones Be Bought Using Easy Buy In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.