Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,865 members, 7,817,561 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

Unimaginable Things Women Did In The Past For Beauty (Photos) - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Unimaginable Things Women Did In The Past For Beauty (Photos) (63423 Views)

Meet Grace Oyelude - First Miss Nigeria (1957) And All Past Winners / Pageant Industry Night Holds For Beauty Queens And Organisers In Abuja / When Satan Is Not Yet A Member Of Planning Committee For Beauty Peagent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unimaginable Things Women Did In The Past For Beauty (Photos) by silverkings: 11:47am On Jan 22, 2022
Explorers:
Before The Invention Of Sun-Screen In The Mid 1940s, Bathers Wore Garments Like This Freckleproof Cape To Protect Themselves From The Sun.

The Cape Also Features Built-In Sunglasses.
Lagbaja
Re: Unimaginable Things Women Did In The Past For Beauty (Photos) by Ishilove: 11:47am On Jan 22, 2022
Explorers:
Foot Binding, 10th Century Chinese Tradition.

Read more here:

https://www.nairaland.com/3806866/brutal-reality-foot-binding-among#56645843
This is disturbing cry
Re: Unimaginable Things Women Did In The Past For Beauty (Photos) by BabaIbo: 11:47am On Jan 22, 2022
Explorers:
French Breast Washer, 1930s.

grin grin cheesy

If this machine was a human! wink

1 Like

Re: Unimaginable Things Women Did In The Past For Beauty (Photos) by Ishilove: 11:47am On Jan 22, 2022
Explorers:
Ironing hair.
This must have been before the invention of heat tongs.
Re: Unimaginable Things Women Did In The Past For Beauty (Photos) by Nobody: 11:48am On Jan 22, 2022
Truly UNIMAGINABLE grin
Re: Unimaginable Things Women Did In The Past For Beauty (Photos) by Afonasa(m): 11:48am On Jan 22, 2022
Just for the beauty,now I understand how ancient this act has been

Freelancing gets better with good gigs and great reviews, if not you ain't doing it right,and that's where I come in to help u get it right even as a newbie. Check my signature for more info
Re: Unimaginable Things Women Did In The Past For Beauty (Photos) by Evolved1: 11:51am On Jan 22, 2022
Checkout my signature

Jonovo981198:
Please I'm bored, I wan Bleep � �,dm on WhatsApp for hookup if you're living in Enugu state
Re: Unimaginable Things Women Did In The Past For Beauty (Photos) by BabaIbo: 11:51am On Jan 22, 2022
Ishilove:

This must have been before the invention of hair straighteners

Fixed.

1 Like

Re: Unimaginable Things Women Did In The Past For Beauty (Photos) by treatise: 11:52am On Jan 22, 2022
Explorers:
French Breast Washer, 1930s.

Why?
Re: Unimaginable Things Women Did In The Past For Beauty (Photos) by khalids: 11:54am On Jan 22, 2022
Obviously, them get mental problem....
Re: Unimaginable Things Women Did In The Past For Beauty (Photos) by jrusky(m): 11:54am On Jan 22, 2022
Hhmm...only God know the names of angels around Him when He was creating woman.

These sect of human are very strange in everything but very unique in everything.

If you are lucky to have a good one in your life your heaven is sure but if you are unlucky to get hooked up with toxic one your hell fire will be from this world to the real hell fire in Lucifer custody because you will be burning already here on Earth before going to the real hell wherever it is.
Re: Unimaginable Things Women Did In The Past For Beauty (Photos) by Ayk8: 11:56am On Jan 22, 2022
Chaii ogao
Re: Unimaginable Things Women Did In The Past For Beauty (Photos) by tollyboy5(m): 11:56am On Jan 22, 2022
Explorers:
In the 19th century many women ate deadly arsenic wafers to whiten and even out their complexions.

Some of the side effect include cancer, baldness, epilepsy.
Bleaching is not native to black alone
Re: Unimaginable Things Women Did In The Past For Beauty (Photos) by tafiya: 11:56am On Jan 22, 2022
Women have been scamming men from time immemorial
Re: Unimaginable Things Women Did In The Past For Beauty (Photos) by gulfer: 11:57am On Jan 22, 2022
Explorers:
During the Japanese Edo period, blackened teeth were popular amongst aristocrats and married women.

Blackened teeth were considered a sign of beauty and the practice helped preserve teeth into old age.

In 1870, this practice was banned by the Japanese government.

Blackening teeth wasn't just popular in Japan, and some people still practice this today.
Is that what the gworo chopping people from the a region here are practicing
Re: Unimaginable Things Women Did In The Past For Beauty (Photos) by RealistRedpiler: 11:59am On Jan 22, 2022
In every of your doings, don't forget Boss Mosidi advice: ALL NIGERIAN GIRLS ARE USELESS, ALL OF THEM..

LONG LIVE BOSS MOSIDI!!

YOUR LEGACY LIVES!!
Re: Unimaginable Things Women Did In The Past For Beauty (Photos) by Saintmary(f): 12:02pm On Jan 22, 2022
adefemi007:
It's explorer again...

Hello all, for those that may be confused on gift items to get loved ones, click on my profile, visit my page for ideas and prices.
Premium and corporate gift items available

Oh, I love the picture calendar.

Kudos to you.
Re: Unimaginable Things Women Did In The Past For Beauty (Photos) by SeeAfrica(m): 12:06pm On Jan 22, 2022
Nice post by Explorer. No doubt, Explorer along with Macjeb have been among the best OPs in Nairaland for some time now.
Seun supos to dey pay una for una post.
Re: Unimaginable Things Women Did In The Past For Beauty (Photos) by tollyboy5(m): 12:07pm On Jan 22, 2022
olaitoro:
Impressive.
From the days of Adam, women has been doing incredible and unbelievable things to look beautiful.

All that is done for the sole aim of seeking for men's approval and love.

Respect to women.
I don't think so. Not because of men
Re: Unimaginable Things Women Did In The Past For Beauty (Photos) by DabuIIIT: 12:07pm On Jan 22, 2022
buckeyemedia2 generalojukwu blackpantherxxx:
To white their teeth, Romans would rinse their mouth with urine.

Specifically urine shipped in from Portugal. Jagbajantis would definitely need this grin grin grin
Re: Unimaginable Things Women Did In The Past For Beauty (Photos) by Benrosaria(m): 12:10pm On Jan 22, 2022
Explorers:
A Dimple Machine from the 1930s.

In 1936, Isabella Gilbert invented the Dimple-Maker.

The machine consisted of a spring that fit around the face and two tiny knobs that pressed into the cheeks.

“He” made us and yet they recreated us, re-modified still created defaults in us lololol.

Our defaults our norms now

It’s sad blacks still don’t understand how experimental life is.

Let’s just key to our passion and what a human is
Re: Unimaginable Things Women Did In The Past For Beauty (Photos) by Immarocks(f): 12:13pm On Jan 22, 2022
Na wa ooo..see the traffic of men on this thread .women matter no dey tire them.
Re: Unimaginable Things Women Did In The Past For Beauty (Photos) by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jan 22, 2022
....and our own here.

1 Like

Re: Unimaginable Things Women Did In The Past For Beauty (Photos) by Benrosaria(m): 12:22pm On Jan 22, 2022
Explorers:
A Young Woman Holds Her Arms And Legs In Four Water Bathes With Electric Current, To Improve Blood Circulation, Circa 1938.

When was electricity invented ??
Re: Unimaginable Things Women Did In The Past For Beauty (Photos) by Benrosaria(m): 12:23pm On Jan 22, 2022
Explorers:
Taking Precise Measurements Of A Beautiful Young Woman's Head And Face With A Contraption Like An Instrument Of Torture, 1933.

Wtf �
Re: Unimaginable Things Women Did In The Past For Beauty (Photos) by Benrosaria(m): 12:24pm On Jan 22, 2022
Explorers:
A Young Woman Holds Her Arms And Legs In Four Water Bathes With Electric Current, To Improve Blood Circulation, Circa 1938.

They went as far as killing fear in a woman

Beautiful
Re: Unimaginable Things Women Did In The Past For Beauty (Photos) by bluefilm: 12:24pm On Jan 22, 2022
I've said it before and I will still say it again: I PITY WOMEN
Re: Unimaginable Things Women Did In The Past For Beauty (Photos) by Benrosaria(m): 12:25pm On Jan 22, 2022
Explorers:
In the 19th century many women ate deadly arsenic wafers to whiten and even out their complexions.

Some of the side effect include cancer, baldness, epilepsy.

Harmless to anybody but deadly arsenic wow �
Re: Unimaginable Things Women Did In The Past For Beauty (Photos) by Benrosaria(m): 12:28pm On Jan 22, 2022
Explorers:
In the middle ages the forehead was considered the most beautiful part of the woman's face.

Many women removed their eyelashes to accentuate their foreheads.

They also plucked their hairlines and eyebrows to achieve a long and oval face.

But I had thought the skull is the face of a human and thats the beauty so how does the outer skin and the features on the skin change the skull shape ??

I stand to be corrected

Thanks

No disrespect

I am passionate about knowing
Re: Unimaginable Things Women Did In The Past For Beauty (Photos) by Bamzyriches451: 12:28pm On Jan 22, 2022
Light up my weed while I peruse through this article
Re: Unimaginable Things Women Did In The Past For Beauty (Photos) by zedegit: 12:29pm On Jan 22, 2022
Explorers:
Portable Clothes changing house, Coney Island Beach, 1938.

StingyWomenAssociation(SWA) didn't start today o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Behold, The Power Of Bleaching! (before/after Photo) / Men, Beware, Fake 'Big Tips' Is Now In Town (pics) / See The Gown She Wanted Vs What She Got (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.