Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,132 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

Carryover Exam In Private University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Carryover Exam In Private University (638 Views)

Got My First Carryover, Please Help I’m Dying / Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? / TASUED Fresh Graduate Commits Suicide Over Possible Carryover (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Carryover Exam In Private University by Tobiilyn: 3:00pm On Jan 22, 2022
I am in a private university,I failed a course in 100 level which is CHEM 101 and I want to take the course in 200 level .So I met my HOD and he said I will need to pay 30,000 naira for that course due to my unit , and my total unit in 200 level is 24 unit.I want to ask is it true for those who went to a private uni ,do I need to pay for the carryover exam or is it required from government that someone nee[color=#000099][/color]ds to pay a specific amount to take a course over either in private uni or federal uni.
Re: Carryover Exam In Private University by Muhammedmustapha(m): 3:07pm On Jan 22, 2022
My dear it's not so. But at time it depend on the location and your school.

1 Like

Re: Carryover Exam In Private University by Polynek(m): 4:32pm On Jan 22, 2022
grin grin grin
Application for extra credit unit is very cheap in public Universities

2 Likes

Re: Carryover Exam In Private University by 1F30M4(f): 4:56pm On Jan 22, 2022
It shouldn't be so, considering that it's not even a spillover but then 30k is just too much and for one course. I don't know how things are being run in your school/department, maybe we wait for more inputs from nairalanders who at one point or other found themselves in same situation.

1 Like

Re: Carryover Exam In Private University by sageb: 5:51pm On Jan 22, 2022
Tobiilyn:
I am in a private university,I failed a course in 100 level which is CHEM 101 and I want to take the course in 200 level .So I met my HOD and he said I will need to pay 30,000 naira for that course due to my unit , and my total unit in 200 level is 24 unit.I want to ask is it true for those who went to a private uni ,do I need to pay for the carryover exam or is it required from government that someone nee[color=#000099][/color]ds to pay a specific amount to take a course over either in private uni or federal uni.

They don't pay to retake a carry over course in school. If your 200level courses have exceed the maximum unit for that semester, drop one course and replace it with The. 100level course you carried over.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Strike: Our Problem With ASUU – FG / ASUU Requests Cancellation Of Nigeria Varsity Exam / What A Time To Be Alive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.