Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,251 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

I Almost Had A Heart Attack The First Time Someone Criticized My Post! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Almost Had A Heart Attack The First Time Someone Criticized My Post! (273 Views)

Stay Away From Drugs. I Lost A Friend & My Personal Story (How I Almost Died) / Warning Signs That You May Be At Risk Of A Heart Attack And What To Do / How To Prevent Heart Attack At Any Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Almost Had A Heart Attack The First Time Someone Criticized My Post! by ChinweAmaka19(f): 3:42pm On Jan 22, 2022
It was year 2020

I had sweaty palms

My hands were shaking

My heart nearly jump out of my mouth whenever I receive a new comment notification

I was afraid to reply to her (the criticizer's) comment

I was afraid she would criticise me more!

The weather was cold but I was sweating inside

It was the first time someone completely disagreed with my post and omo! It wasn't easy for an unprepared mind like mine

I say grow thick skin, you won't hear! Ok ooo

What was the post about?

I don't remember the full details

But in the post, I made mention of why people should only focus on plan A and leave plan B.

It was in those coronavirus era when everyone was looking for plan B to support their plan A

Innocent me!

I was only trying to tell people that even though having a plan B is good, this will make them not put their best in Plan A

Because they always have Plan B to fall back on.

Many agreed with me, but that one comment from my MLM superior who didn't understand me almost got me into depression

Chai! The blue street is unfair ooo

We kept going going back and forth in the comment section trying to prove each other's point till I finally told her that she's right.

"You're right. I made a mistake" ended the raging war that day

I think I drank a lot of cold water too

I realized later that people have different opinions and forcing people to accept yours won't go down well with them.

Again, no matter who you are, not everyone will agree with your post or understand you

And again, that people disagreed with your post or comment doesn't mean that they hate you. You are not your POST.

I've also learnt to say "You're right". It's the 2 magic words to stop any quarrel, misunderstanding and/or argument.

Same incident almost repeated itself on my previous post about "Growing thick skin on social media or faking it till you grow it because you'll need it".

Fortunately, the person I almost argued with is an intelligent guy and he understood my point of view.

I learn everyday. Learning how to pass my message the right way. Learning not to shy away from critics or from sharing unpopular opinions.
Re: I Almost Had A Heart Attack The First Time Someone Criticized My Post! by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 22, 2022
I'm yet to see that human that will make me sweat with his or her postulations.

Being a wordsmith, a psychologist, and a manipulator have made me invisible, invulnerable, to the status of a God.

I only play the 'you're right' card when dealing with a dumbo.

I hate wasting time with those sets.

1 Like

Re: I Almost Had A Heart Attack The First Time Someone Criticized My Post! by Mumben(f): 4:42pm On Jan 22, 2022
Words are like birds, they keep flying around. Never u allow criticisms get to you. Some people naturally like putting people down so if u give in, they win but if u overlook, they become disappointed.

1 Like

Re: I Almost Had A Heart Attack The First Time Someone Criticized My Post! by ChinweAmaka19(f): 11:15pm On Jan 23, 2022
Thank you so much!
Mumben:
Words are like birds, they keep flying around. Never u allow criticisms get to you. Some people naturally like putting people down so if u give in, they win but if u overlook, they become disappointed.
Re: I Almost Had A Heart Attack The First Time Someone Criticized My Post! by Bolsman(m): 5:43pm On Jan 24, 2022
So do I also. I'm yet to see that human that would make me to feel depress. Get this, not everybody will like ur post. Expect criticism, but do not let it to weigh you down. Learn to manage disappointment, it will help you a lot.

(1) (Reply)

Royal Xtasie Rolls Out Massage Massage Promo / The Amazing Health Benefits Of Ginger And Garlic / Seed Cycling! Natural Way To Balance Hormones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.