Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

I’ll Terminate All Revenue Window Contracts On Morning Of 17th March– Soludo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Terminate All Revenue Window Contracts On Morning Of 17th March– Soludo (1773 Views)

Lagosians Groan As VIOs Violate Sanwo-Olu's Directives On Morning Operations / Babajide Sanwo-Olu Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today. / Babatunde Gbadamosi Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ll Terminate All Revenue Window Contracts On Morning Of 17th March– Soludo by igwe18(m): 7:15pm On Jan 22, 2022
I’ll Terminate All Revenue Window Contracts on Morning of 17th March– Soludo

Anambra governor-elect, Prof Chukwuma Soludo has vowed to terminate all revenue windows in the state on the morning of his swearing in.
Soludo who spoke to stakeholders of the state in Agulu, Anaocha Local Government Area said he will use executive order to terminate theft of the state’s resources by revenue thieves.
He also knocked the state internally generated revenue boss, who he accused of distributing revenue windows to some people.
Soludo said: “We learnt revenue windows are already being distributed. Is Nzekwu (State revenue boss) here? You people have started sharing windows (laughs), yes, you people are sharing windows.
“But, when you are sharing the windows, please be telling those you’re sharing them to that it stops on 16th March. Anyone you are giving window, tell them it will end on 16th March. Yes, whoever you are giving, endeavour to tell them. Because on 17th morning, I will sign an executive order cancelling all of them.”
Soludo said there are people who have for long been living off state funds, adding that surprisingly, such people will be the first to indict government for not building infrastructure.
The former Central Bank Governor said he will be coming into Anambra as governor to correct a lot of ills, saying that if the people were not ready to make things work, he will be happy to dust off his feet and join the bandwagon if those who want to go abroad on exile.
“They are people who are used to this (revenue theft), that is what they do, that is what they thrive on, and they have made their whole living off the state.
“But they will be the first to tell government to build roads, and blame government for all the potholes on our roads, but the little that should accrue to government, they collect it and put in their pockets.
“It can not work, we have to decide if we want this to continue. If the decision is that we should continue with such illegal practice, we will quietly dust ourselves and join those who want to go on exile.
“But I’m sure we want things to work. For the sake and benefits of our children and children’s children, very kobo of state fund must go into state coffers and be made to work for the people, and there is no question about it,” Soludo said.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Terminate All Revenue Window Contracts On Morning Of 17th March– Soludo by PrinceOfLagos: 7:18pm On Jan 22, 2022
I pray you succeed The peoples governor

Anambra is in God hands

4 Likes

Re: I’ll Terminate All Revenue Window Contracts On Morning Of 17th March– Soludo by akinbode1(m): 7:20pm On Jan 22, 2022
Good

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Terminate All Revenue Window Contracts On Morning Of 17th March– Soludo by igwe18(m): 7:31pm On Jan 22, 2022
igwe18:
I’ll Terminate All Revenue Window Contracts on Morning of 17th March– Soludo

Anambra governor-elect, Prof Chukwuma Soludo has vowed to terminate all revenue windows in the state on the morning of his swearing in.
Soludo who spoke to stakeholders of the state in Agulu, Anaocha Local Government Area said he will use executive order to terminate theft of the state’s resources by revenue thieves.
He also knocked the state internally generated revenue boss, who he accused of distributing revenue windows to some people.
Soludo said: “We learnt revenue windows are already being distributed. Is Nzekwu (State revenue boss) here? You people have started sharing windows (laughs), yes, you people are sharing windows.
“But, when you are sharing the windows, please be telling those you’re sharing them to that it stops on 16th March. Anyone you are giving window, tell them it will end on 16th March. Yes, whoever you are giving, endeavour to tell them. Because on 17th morning, I will sign an executive order cancelling all of them.”
Soludo said there are people who have for long been living off state funds, adding that surprisingly, such people will be the first to indict government for not building infrastructure.
The former Central Bank Governor said he will be coming into Anambra as governor to correct a lot of ills, saying that if the people were not ready to make things work, he will be happy to dust off his feet and join the bandwagon if those who want to go abroad on exile.
“They are people who are used to this (revenue theft), that is what they do, that is what they thrive on, and they have made their whole living off the state.
“But they will be the first to tell government to build roads, and blame government for all the potholes on our roads, but the little that should accrue to government, they collect it and put in their pockets.
“It can not work, we have to decide if we want this to continue. If the decision is that we should continue with such illegal practice, we will quietly dust ourselves and join those who want to go on exile.
“But I’m sure we want things to work. For the sake and benefits of our children and children’s children, very kobo of state fund must go into state coffers and be made to work for the people, and there is no question about it,” Soludo said.

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Terminate All Revenue Window Contracts On Morning Of 17th March– Soludo by EmilyD: 7:32pm On Jan 22, 2022
If the cabal will allow you to work

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Terminate All Revenue Window Contracts On Morning Of 17th March– Soludo by donbachi(m): 7:33pm On Jan 22, 2022
Real manchi
Re: I’ll Terminate All Revenue Window Contracts On Morning Of 17th March– Soludo by spy24(m): 7:34pm On Jan 22, 2022
Hmmm

Let's wait and see
Re: I’ll Terminate All Revenue Window Contracts On Morning Of 17th March– Soludo by lexxwiz(m): 7:39pm On Jan 22, 2022
My gvor. Idi sharp!

Nothing gives me more orgasm than seeing a man who understands the term “children’s children”...

Ride on Mr Governor. #ProudlyNnewi.

I pray you deliver because I believe you die. I’ve never felt so assured. Please don’t get distracted o.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Terminate All Revenue Window Contracts On Morning Of 17th March– Soludo by swaggerjack: 7:41pm On Jan 22, 2022
We pray for your success and God's protection over you. We have seen what happened to people like you that tried to bring change to Africa and stop the external or internal colonialism.

Re: I’ll Terminate All Revenue Window Contracts On Morning Of 17th March– Soludo by LibertyRep: 7:57pm On Jan 22, 2022
He should keep his plans to his chest else until the morning of his installation.

If Soludo is able to achieve this and plug this hole in the government purse, he'll be setting up a template worthy of emulation by the other states.
Re: I’ll Terminate All Revenue Window Contracts On Morning Of 17th March– Soludo by helinues: 8:02pm On Jan 22, 2022
Mr Soludo , Don't start your tenure with unnecessary headache. Saboteurs are real.

God will give you wisdom in handling the situation without stepping on toes.

With Soludo, Anambra state should be in the right path

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Terminate All Revenue Window Contracts On Morning Of 17th March– Soludo by nzeobi(m): 8:07pm On Jan 22, 2022
EmilyD:
If the cabal will allow you to work

Which cabal. Oga we are talking about anambra where all men are born equal
Re: I’ll Terminate All Revenue Window Contracts On Morning Of 17th March– Soludo by nzeobi(m): 8:07pm On Jan 22, 2022
The government should collect igr directly instead of using private companies and touts. I heard the current governors wife is in charge of igr no wonder there are touts everywhere in onitsha
Re: I’ll Terminate All Revenue Window Contracts On Morning Of 17th March– Soludo by swaggerjack: 8:07pm On Jan 22, 2022
LibertyRep:
He should keep his plans to his chest else until the morning of his installation.

If Soludo is able to achieve this and plug this hole in the government purse, he'll be setting up a template worthy of emulation by the other states.
We need just one person to bring about change and set an example for others to follow. He is walking into a lion's den and has to be as wise as a serpent and harmless as a dove.
Re: I’ll Terminate All Revenue Window Contracts On Morning Of 17th March– Soludo by ResidentSnitch(f): 8:11pm On Jan 22, 2022
I must commend Anambra people for once again getting it right with Soludo.
If this trend continues, I see Anambra rising to become the model state in the whole of Africa.
If you're from Anambra, the south east or South South, you deserve a pat on the back for a job well done.

4 Likes

Re: I’ll Terminate All Revenue Window Contracts On Morning Of 17th March– Soludo by JOemmy(m): 8:12pm On Jan 22, 2022
Nice one those that helped him win how is he going to compensate them hope they won't gang up and work against his reelection? This is practically the reason why we have so many touts in lagos they use them to rig and win election and later compensate them with collecting revenues for the state govt which only ends up in their private pockets mc oluomo is a very good example.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Terminate All Revenue Window Contracts On Morning Of 17th March– Soludo by JAMO84: 8:15pm On Jan 22, 2022
I know Soludo is determined to succeed, but it's easy to talk though before office, when he gets there and reality sets in, he might sing a different tune.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’ll Terminate All Revenue Window Contracts On Morning Of 17th March– Soludo by igwe18(m): 10:30pm On Jan 22, 2022
[quote author=igwe18 post=109601990][/quote]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Terminate All Revenue Window Contracts On Morning Of 17th March– Soludo by owobokiri(m): 10:41pm On Jan 22, 2022
This is the best news of the year for anybody who knows Anambra in general and Onitsha in particular. If you really have businesses in this area, you would have been ripped off by these groups collecting spurious revenues for the government. Very corrupt clique and Obiano over empowered them. They get their go ahead orders from the State government and they will subsequently unleash hardened thugs on the people.

Most businesses in the Onitsha area suffer as a result because these people will stop cars and lorries going to the market to demand for "tickets". They will tear down business premises if you refuse to pay up in time. Had a banker friend who told me a lot about how these ogas live lavish in big hotels while subjecting traders and businesses to all sorts of hardship. I hope he deals ruthlessly with them..

1 Like

Re: I’ll Terminate All Revenue Window Contracts On Morning Of 17th March– Soludo by sapientia(m): 5:33am On Jan 23, 2022
Good news

Hope he has jobs for them

Cos Anambra is about to witness increased pockets on crimes after this.

So his government should also brainstorm on how to use these guys to be productive

Youth population is power
Re: I’ll Terminate All Revenue Window Contracts On Morning Of 17th March– Soludo by Buccalcavity2: 6:26am On Jan 23, 2022
Nice one. Starting with revenue shows that he is ready to work!
Re: I’ll Terminate All Revenue Window Contracts On Morning Of 17th March– Soludo by SocialJustice: 7:56am On Jan 23, 2022
Anambra people sha, una no get problem again, I hope.
Re: I’ll Terminate All Revenue Window Contracts On Morning Of 17th March– Soludo by jconsulting(f): 8:35am On Jan 23, 2022
This is the only Igbo man I can trust with presidency ,come 2027 Igbo have the chance to be President after we see the work of Soludo either good or bad

1 Like

Re: I’ll Terminate All Revenue Window Contracts On Morning Of 17th March– Soludo by SarkinYarki: 8:49am On Jan 23, 2022
Why give them fore notice ....Nigeria is is very very corrupt and watch them now try to make sure your govt fails ....This was done to Ambode in Lagos
Re: I’ll Terminate All Revenue Window Contracts On Morning Of 17th March– Soludo by Blackfire(m): 11:16am On Jan 23, 2022
Is this guy from Nigeria... why is he sounding like a Caucasian who missed his way in igbo land..

Who is he??
Re: I’ll Terminate All Revenue Window Contracts On Morning Of 17th March– Soludo by omoharry(f): 12:12pm On Jan 23, 2022
Blackfire:
Is this guy from Nigeria... why is he sounding like a Caucasian who missed his way in igbo land..

Who is he??
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I’ll Terminate All Revenue Window Contracts On Morning Of 17th March– Soludo by Lionnation: 12:37pm On Jan 23, 2022
jconsulting:
This is the only Igbo man I can trust with presidency ,come 2027 Igbo have the chance to be President after we see the work of Soludo either good or bad
you guys keep postponing your Igbo presidency don't forget 2023 is a second therm for anyone that wins 2023
Re: I’ll Terminate All Revenue Window Contracts On Morning Of 17th March– Soludo by Yebosola(m): 12:54pm On Jan 23, 2022
JOemmy:
Nice one those that helped him win how is he going to compensate them hope they won't gang up and work against his reelection? This is practically the reason why we have so many touts in lagos they use them to rig and win election and later compensate them with collecting revenues for the state govt which only ends up in their private pockets mc oluomo is a very good example.

Eleribu ,must u always bring Lagos into your narratives,y don't u use Abia as your case study.
Re: I’ll Terminate All Revenue Window Contracts On Morning Of 17th March– Soludo by MadamNoNetwork: 1:00pm On Jan 23, 2022
Oga should calm down and get sworn in first. He should learn from Duoye Diri case.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Unknown Gunmen Attack Security Operatives In Ebonyi State / Tinubu & Atiku Shocked About Peter Obi's Popularity & Acceptance To Nigerians / Support Muslim/muslim Ticket If You Truly Care For Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.