Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,314 members, 7,815,575 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

Are Specs Important? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Are Specs Important? (1203 Views)

Why Is The Knowledge Of Smartphone Specs Important? / Price Or Specs: Which One Do You Care Most About In A Smartphone? / Infinix Hot 5 And Hot 5 Lite Are Out! - Disappointing Specs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Specs Important? by atheistandproud(m): 10:04pm On Jan 22, 2022
There are many people on Nairaland who claim that specs is not important. They'll tell you that 64MP with Helio P35 doesn't matter. Or that 108MP on top Helio G95 doesn't matter either.

What matters to these people is that you buy and use the phone first.

Well I'm here to address that argument.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76DbClp-nj4

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Specs Important? by doggedfighter(f): 10:08pm On Jan 22, 2022
Suggest a good 50k phone.

I don't want Tecno or infinix.

At least 3gig ram
Re: Are Specs Important? by atheistandproud(m): 10:13pm On Jan 22, 2022
doggedfighter:

At least 3gig ram

So that the bots on this section will call me a marketer
Re: Are Specs Important? by doggedfighter(f): 10:19pm On Jan 22, 2022
atheistandproud:

So that the bots on this section will call me a marketer

Please I need that info. It's important to me.
Re: Are Specs Important? by atheistandproud(m): 11:11pm On Jan 22, 2022
doggedfighter:

Please I need that info. It's important to me.

Your options are very limited. You may need to up your budget sha

Re: Are Specs Important? by d3cod3r(m): 11:18pm On Jan 22, 2022
doggedfighter:

At least 3gig ram
You might want to consider getting a used phone. That amount is too small for a new phone.

1 Like

Re: Are Specs Important? by atheistandproud(m): 1:26am On Jan 23, 2022
d3cod3r:

You might want to consider getting a used phone. That amount is too small for a new phone.

Exactly
Re: Are Specs Important? by scarycuteface(m): 11:22am On Jan 23, 2022
Atheist don come..specs are very important. I like huge batteries on a phone. I'll never buy an Android phone that has less than 5kmah

1 Like

Re: Are Specs Important? by Lordofalmajiri(f): 12:05pm On Jan 23, 2022
scarycuteface:
Atheist don come..specs are very important. I like huge batteries on a phone. I'll never buy an Android phone that has less than 5kmah
Specs is good.. but optimization na the koko cool cool
Re: Are Specs Important? by atheistandproud(m): 4:07pm On Jan 23, 2022
Lordofalmajiri:

Specs is good.. but optimization na the koko cool cool

Without specs, there'll be nothing to optimize. You see the specs first before learning about optimization.

It's like trying to eat without food. No food, no eating.
Re: Are Specs Important? by atheistandproud(m): 4:08pm On Jan 23, 2022
scarycuteface:

Battery lord

7k mAh battery don dey oh
Re: Are Specs Important? by Mohbola(f): 6:29pm On Jan 23, 2022
Specs are very important

1 Like

Re: Are Specs Important? by Sunkanmiwise(m): 9:13pm On Jan 23, 2022
Specs are very important, more reason Mobile brand are really trying these days to improve on their productions
Re: Are Specs Important? by hoilakes(m): 9:29pm On Jan 23, 2022
Sure, not just specs but the combinations too
Re: Are Specs Important? by OlofofoAdugbo1: 9:46pm On Jan 23, 2022
Very important, Specs are the main thing we buy when we buy phones.
Re: Are Specs Important? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jan 24, 2022
I've come to notice that as much as specs are important, using the phone is just as important if not more important. Very few people walk into phone shops and test phones they consider buying. That's why the display phones are there to make use of it. Quick example, was contemplating BTW the Samsung A72, 52 and redmi note 10 pro. When u look at the specs u would want to go for the redmi, if u want to save cost, reviews will tell u there's tiny difference BTW the A 72 and 52. But when I used the 3 of em, I noticed the A72 was superior in every way but using just stats I won't HV come to that conclusion.According to stats the A72 and 52 have the same displays but when u use em u notice a stark difference, was shocked, even my mum that doesn't know about phones noticed it. The redmi had an amoled display as well but there is amoled and there's amoled. So simply put don't use stats alone.

1 Like

Re: Are Specs Important? by Lordofalmajiri(f): 5:56am On Jan 25, 2022
johnSdoe:
I've come to notice that as much as specs are important, using the phone is just as important if not more important. Very few people walk into phone shops and test phones they consider buying. That's why the display phones are there to make use of it. Quick example, was contemplating BTW the Samsung A72, 52 and redmi note 10 pro. When u look at the specs u would want to go for the redmi, if u want to save cost, reviews will tell u there's tiny difference BTW the A 72 and 52. But when I used the 3 of em, I noticed the A72 was superior in every way but using just stats I won't HV come to that conclusion.According to stats the A72 and 52 have the same displays but when u use em u notice a stark difference, was shocked, even my mum that doesn't know about phones noticed it. The redmi had an amoled display as well but there is amoled and there's amoled. So simply put don't use stats alone.
Well said bro... cool . Op and other Redmi marketers should take note cool cool
Re: Are Specs Important? by atheistandproud(m): 7:19am On Jan 25, 2022
johnSdoe:

Simply say that you don't understand specs and nobody will beat you.

Because if you did, you won't post this thing that you're posting now. The Galaxy A72 uses a Super AMOLED display, it has a brighter screen than the Redmi Note 10 Pro and has HDR 10+.

On the other hand, RN10 Pro has a normal AMOLED display, a faster refresh rate, but is slightly dimmer than the A72 and has only HDR 10.

So of course the A72 will look brighter and more colorful.

I repeat, you do not understand specs. Just say it. Some people may yab you but nobody can beat you.

4 Likes

Re: Are Specs Important? by investigator007: 8:47am On Jan 25, 2022
Definitely specs are important na, there's no debating that that's why the specs of the Oraimo Freepod 3 has been busting my head since, it's aesthetics is amazing, and the water and dust resistance it's got is just amazing, not to even talk about that awesome sound output it's got.

Re: Are Specs Important? by atheistandproud(m): 10:54am On Jan 25, 2022
investigator007:
Definitely specs are important na, there's no debating that that's why the specs of the Oraimo Freepod 3 has been busting my head since, it's aesthetics is amazing, and the water and dust resistance it's got is just amazing, not to even talk about that awesome sound output it's got.

Please go to a Transsion thread and advertise. Stop derailing threads.
Re: Are Specs Important? by snillocer(m): 12:37pm On Jan 25, 2022
@atheistandproud

Pls how can I correct this thing? I'm in Owerri but it keeps saying Lagos..

And also this.. I'm not using VPN, so I don't know why my IP is not matching..
Re: Are Specs Important? by atheistandproud(m): 12:40pm On Jan 25, 2022
snillocer:
@atheistandproud

Pls how can I correct this thing? I'm in Owerri but it keeps saying Lagos..

And also this.. I'm not using VPN, so I don't know why my IP is not matching..

Is your location on?
Re: Are Specs Important? by snillocer(m): 12:52pm On Jan 25, 2022
atheistandproud:

Is your location on?

No bro. I don't even on it.
Re: Are Specs Important? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jan 25, 2022
atheistandproud:

Simply say that you don't understand specs and nobody will beat you.

Because if you did, you won't post this thing that you're posting now. The Galaxy A72 uses a Super AMOLED display, it has a brighter screen than the Redmi Note 10 Pro and has HDR 10+.

On the other hand, RN10 Pro has a normal AMOLED display, a faster refresh rate, but is slightly dimmer than the A72 and has only HDR 10.

So of course the A72 will look brighter and more colorful.

I repeat, you do not understand specs. Just say it. Some people may yab you but nobody can beat you.

Honestly smh!!! Show me u'r an ignoramus without telling me u'r one. If u weren't dense u would hv known, that the term "Super Amoled" is unique to Samsung, as it's more of a branding term, than a stat spec u dumbfuck. Not even going to bother reading whatever strawman dross u've twisted to form an apocryphal narrative that never took off cause u were to daft to realise. I'll be ignoring ur dumbass now. Bye!
Re: Are Specs Important? by atheistandproud(m): 1:26pm On Jan 25, 2022
johnSdoe:

Honestly smh!!! Show me u'r an ignoramus without telling me u'r one. If u weren't dense u would hv known, that the term "Super Amoled" is unique to Samsung, as it's more of a branding term, than a stat spec u dumbfuck. Not even going to bother reading whatever strawman dross u've twisted to form an apocryphal narrative that never took off cause u were to daft to realise. I'll be ignoring ur dumbass now. Bye!

Yes.

A genius that doesn't know that the term "super Amoled" refers to Samsung integrating the digitizer and the display into a single entity.

Please leave my thread. You were not invited in the first place. Bye.
Re: Are Specs Important? by atheistandproud(m): 1:27pm On Jan 25, 2022
snillocer:

No bro. I don't even on it.

Put it on.

Drag your screen down and put it on.
Re: Are Specs Important? by snillocer(m): 2:18pm On Jan 25, 2022
atheistandproud:

Put it on.

Ok. It's on now..
Re: Are Specs Important? by snillocer(m): 5:12pm On Jan 26, 2022
atheistandproud:

Put it on.

Pls don't be annoyed. I haven't been able to download apps on playstore for long now.. It keeps on writing waiting but won't download. I'm using MTN.

What can I do please?
Re: Are Specs Important? by atheistandproud(m): 8:57am On Jan 27, 2022
snillocer:

Pls don't be annoyed. I haven't been able to download apps on playstore for long now.. It keeps on writing waiting but won't download. I'm using MTN.

What can I do please?

Clear the cache of your Playstore and reboot your phone.
Re: Are Specs Important? by chickenfoot: 9:40am On Jan 27, 2022
atheistandproud:
There are many people on Nairaland who claim that specs is not important. They'll tell you that 64MP with Helio P35 doesn't matter. Or that 108MP on top Helio G95 doesn't matter either.

What matters to these people is that you buy and use the phone first.

Well I'm here to address that argument.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76DbClp-nj4

How can one get a phone without checking the specs? it's very important.
Re: Are Specs Important? by snillocer(m): 5:53pm On Jan 27, 2022
atheistandproud:

Clear the cache of your Playstore and reboot your phone.

Ok. Thanks.
Re: Are Specs Important? by scarycuteface(m): 1:23pm On Jan 29, 2022
atheistandproud:

Battery lord

7k mAh battery don dey oh
that one go be transformer

(1) (2) (Reply)

Super Clean Samsung Galaxy S9 For Sale At Give Away Price. / Unlock Zte Mf935 Mtn 4g Mifi To Use All Networks / What Is Glo's Latest Internet Manual Settings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.