Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,165 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:24 AM

Morning Star: The Difference Between Lucifer And Satan (photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Morning Star: The Difference Between Lucifer And Satan (photos) (3910 Views)

Morning Star: The Difference Between Lucifer And Satan / US After School Satan Club Up For Vote At Elementary School (Pix) / What Is The Difference Between B.sc Degree And B.sc (Hons) Degree? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Morning Star: The Difference Between Lucifer And Satan (photos) by Uptownerd: 10:50am On Jan 23, 2022

Both characters are often confused in modern day parlance and sometimes used in place of the other.

In Christian mythologies, Lucifer is regarded as a beautiful and powerful angel before he fell to sin. in the Book of Isaiah for instance, the interpretations often referenced Lucifer as a morning star. So, from that aspect, Lucifer is seen as the heavenly beautiful morning star who fell from grace. After falling from grace and out of the light of God, he became the opposite of what God represents. Because Lucifer was no longer in the light of God as an angel of the most High, he became Satan – a direct opposite of God.

https://uptownerd.com/2021/05/02/morning-star-the-difference-between-lucifer-and-satan/

2 Likes

Re: Morning Star: The Difference Between Lucifer And Satan (photos) by SKhanmi: 12:43pm On Jan 23, 2022
Lucifer is different from Satan.
Jesus was also referred to as Lucifer, morning star.
Satan is not the opposite of God, they are not equal. One was created by the other.

Lastly, some parts of the bible are not meant to be taken literally & vice versa, that's where most of the confusion sprouts from.

Do some real personal research first before quoting.

11 Likes

Re: Morning Star: The Difference Between Lucifer And Satan (photos) by Abovebest(m): 1:23pm On Jan 23, 2022
Read your Bible in Context Lucifer is a King in Babylon who Isaiah spoke figuratively to what happened to the devil.
Isaiah 14:4
[4]That thou shalt take up this proverb against the king of Babylon, and say, How hath the oppressor ceased! the golden city ceased!

Isaiah 14:12
[12]How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

Isaiah 14:22
[22]For I will rise up against them, saith the LORD of hosts, and cut off from Babylon the name, and remnant, and son, and nephew, saith the LORD.

1 Like

Re: Morning Star: The Difference Between Lucifer And Satan (photos) by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 1:42pm On Jan 23, 2022
SKhanmi:
Satan is not the opposite of God, they are not equal. One was created by the other.

Lastly, some parts of the bible are not meant to be taken literally & vice versa, that's where most of the confusion sprouts from.

you don start ba, simple English you can't understand, Op write up didn't mention Lucifer is direct opposite of God, he said Opposite of what God wants Lucifer to represent

1 Like

Re: Morning Star: The Difference Between Lucifer And Satan (photos) by Mercury12(m): 1:46pm On Jan 23, 2022
Son Of The Morning -- Lucifer a.k.a Satan ( light bearer )

The Morning Star Or The Bright Morning Star -- Jesus Christ of Nazareth. A.k.a The Messiah

2 Likes

Re: Morning Star: The Difference Between Lucifer And Satan (photos) by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jan 23, 2022
Illiterate!!! Do you really know the meaning of opposite?

If Satan is opposite of God, i don't think we'll be living a miserable life...

1 Like

Re: Morning Star: The Difference Between Lucifer And Satan (photos) by Uyi168: 2:19pm On Jan 23, 2022
If lucifer was able to incite rebellion in heaven, that means jealousy, envy, deceptions and violence can exist there despite the promise of a perfect paradise..

6 Likes

Re: Morning Star: The Difference Between Lucifer And Satan (photos) by RoyalBoutique(m): 2:47pm On Jan 23, 2022
michael77777:
Illiterate!!! Do you really know the meaning of opposite?

If Satan is opposite of God, i don't think we'll be living a miserable life...

God is Satan and Satan is God.
Re: Morning Star: The Difference Between Lucifer And Satan (photos) by Roma10: 3:03pm On Jan 23, 2022
Just because opposite of good is bad
Don't mean opposite of God is Satan
God has no opposite
Be warn! grin

2 Likes

Re: Morning Star: The Difference Between Lucifer And Satan (photos) by Spy360(m): 3:10pm On Jan 23, 2022
Adam was not the first man. Lucifer was. Lucifer and the other fallen beings inhabited the early earth and mankind. That dispensation of humankind were the ones whose fossils are found by archeologists. They were beautiful, strong, intelligent and wise. But they became proud and sinned against God. They were the ones who made the early earth to be formless, void and full of darkness (evil) because the sought to be like God. The same sin they tried to make the modern man Adam to commit. The book of Jude stated that they were punished for losing their estate.

God recreated the earth by first driving out darkness (let there be Light- note that light here differs from lights created later on, also note that John's gospel calls Jesus the One that lights up the world, Jesus Himself calls His disciples the lights of the world).

Genesis 1

In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.

3 Likes

Re: Morning Star: The Difference Between Lucifer And Satan (photos) by Spy360(m): 3:20pm On Jan 23, 2022
Uyi168:
If lucifer was able to incite rebellion in heaven, that means jealousy, envy, deceptions and violence can exist there despite the promise of a perfect paradise..

He never even got to heaven. He was here on the earth. The early earth. Only God dwells in heaven. Heaven is simply the throne of God. All other beings occupy the earth or other planets. As for Lucifer , he was just a man, but different from modern man.

Isaiah 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. 14:15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. 14:16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms; 14:17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?

1 Like

Re: Morning Star: The Difference Between Lucifer And Satan (photos) by heniford2: 3:25pm On Jan 23, 2022
Lucifer is buhari and Satan is tiniube waiting destroy Nigeria soon like Lucifer has been doing know

2 Likes

Re: Morning Star: The Difference Between Lucifer And Satan (photos) by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jan 23, 2022
RoyalBoutique:

God is Satan and Satan is God.

Correct. God is just a generic word for the Beings we call Aliens.

We have Godly beings and Human Beings. Human beings are just the hybridized versions of the Gods who escaped wars and damnation from the heavens or Stars and find alternative planets to thrive in mortality.

We are aliens on Earth hence the reason we fucck with everything on earth and even eat everything including snakes and cows and goFs and trees. We are like ravaged entities who eat everything in sight angry

Mosquitoes know we are aliens, even tigers know. We hate caves but are building technology and even hate our bodies cos we feel we could be better.

When you finally realize we are aliens then life feels great. Aliens from different planets black aliens, Nordic aliens, Arian aliens etc all existing in one fuccking planet and killing each other for supremacy.

Satan is just the God of religions. Niccur could be dead now even Jehovah seems AWOL

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Morning Star: The Difference Between Lucifer And Satan (photos) by FERNANDEZISBACK: 4:10pm On Jan 23, 2022
Look how people are debating about an imaginary thing that doesn't even exist...

These are just folktales..

1 Like

Re: Morning Star: The Difference Between Lucifer And Satan (photos) by PlaysNigeria: 4:21pm On Jan 23, 2022
Nawa, una don start again

Re: Morning Star: The Difference Between Lucifer And Satan (photos) by Uyi168: 5:31pm On Jan 23, 2022
Spy360:

He never even got to heaven. He was here on the earth. The early earth. Only God dwells in heaven. Heaven is simply the throne of God. All other beings occupy the earth or other planets. As for Lucifer , he was just a man, but different from modern man.

Isaiah 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. 14:15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. 14:16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms; 14:17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?
Now war arose in heaven, Michael and his angels fighting against the dragon. And the dragon and his angels fought back, but he was defeated, and there was no longer any place for them in heaven. And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world—he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him - revelation 12:7-9.

And he said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven - like 10:18

How you are fallen from heaven, O Day Star, son of Dawn! How you are cut down to the ground, you who laid the nations low! - Isaiah 14:12
please, where was lucifer cast from

2 Likes

Re: Morning Star: The Difference Between Lucifer And Satan (photos) by SaintBishop: 5:37pm On Jan 23, 2022
SKhanmi:

Where is it written in the bible that Satan was called morning star? Or are you confusing son of the morning star as Morning star? undecided

1 Like

Re: Morning Star: The Difference Between Lucifer And Satan (photos) by MufasaLion: 5:40pm On Jan 23, 2022
cheesy cheesy grin

Re: Morning Star: The Difference Between Lucifer And Satan (photos) by RoyalBoutique(m): 6:10pm On Jan 23, 2022
Saturn444:

Correct. God is just a generic word for the Beings we call Aliens.

We have Godly beings and Human Beings. Human beings are just the hybridized versions of the Gods who escaped wars and damnation from the heavens or Stars and find alternative planets to thrive in mortality.

We are aliens on Earth hence the reason we fucck with everything on earth and even eat everything including snakes and cows and goFs and trees. We are like ravaged entities who eat everything in sight angry

Mosquitoes know we are aliens, even tigers know. We hate caves but are building technology and even hate our bodies cos we feel we could be better.

When you finally realize we are aliens then life feels great. Aliens from different planets black aliens, Nordic aliens, Arian aliens etc all existing in one fuccking planet and killing each other for supremacy.

Satan is just the God of religions. Niccur could be dead now even Jehovah seems AWOL

You've said it all.

Better than I would have said it.

But the myopic religious people would not understand it that way.
Re: Morning Star: The Difference Between Lucifer And Satan (photos) by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jan 23, 2022
Interesting.

I remember one episode of Robinhood where one demon that was being evoked from the fire was referred to as Lucifer. So since then I used to think Lucifer was an evil thing or evil related. Maybe that's why no one has bore the name like the names of the other angels are commonly given to children. grin

So it is ok to refer to Lucifer as something good.

Thanks OP.

1 Like

Re: Morning Star: The Difference Between Lucifer And Satan (photos) by Vitamin17(m): 7:13pm On Jan 23, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Look how people are debating about an imaginary thing that doesn't even exist...

These are just folktales..

It only exist in their coconut head
Re: Morning Star: The Difference Between Lucifer And Satan (photos) by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:15pm On Jan 23, 2022
Vitamin17:

It only exist in their coconut head
I tire for them..
Re: Morning Star: The Difference Between Lucifer And Satan (photos) by edoairways: 8:22pm On Jan 23, 2022
Spy360:
Adam was not the first man. Lucifer was. Lucifer and the other fallen beings inhabited the early earth and mankind. That dispensation of humankind were the ones whose fossils are found by archeologists. They were beautiful, strong, intelligent and wise. But they became proud and sinned against God. They were the ones who made the early earth to be formless, void and full of darkness (evil) because the sought to be like God. The same sin they tried to make the modern man Adam to commit. The book of Jude stated that they were punished for losing their estate.

God recreated the earth by first driving out darkness (let there be Light- note that light here differs from lights created later on, also note that John's gospel calls Jesus the One that lights up the world, Jesus Himself calls His disciples the lights of the world).

Genesis 1

In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.
Assertion is false
Re: Morning Star: The Difference Between Lucifer And Satan (photos) by Spy360(m): 8:56pm On Jan 23, 2022
Uyi168:
Now war arose in heaven, Michael and his angels fighting against the dragon. And the dragon and his angels fought back, but he was defeated, and there was no longer any place for them in heaven. And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world—he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him - revelation 12:7-9.

And he said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven - like 10:18

How you are fallen from heaven, O Day Star, son of Dawn! How you are cut down to the ground, you who laid the nations low! - Isaiah 14:12
please, where was lucifer cast from
You are in error because you think Lucifer is Satan. Lucifer is a man. A type of Adam in the early earth. He lost his soul to Satan.
Re: Morning Star: The Difference Between Lucifer And Satan (photos) by abumeinben(m): 10:56pm On Jan 23, 2022
Nawao..

So Saul was not Paul? Or what's in a name exactly?
Re: Morning Star: The Difference Between Lucifer And Satan (photos) by dazzlingd(m): 11:46pm On Jan 23, 2022
Yahweh aka jehovah aka Satan

Jehovah is Satan

1 Like

Re: Morning Star: The Difference Between Lucifer And Satan (photos) by rex444(m): 7:07am On Jan 24, 2022
But why is forgiveness hard for the all forgiving ?
Re: Morning Star: The Difference Between Lucifer And Satan (photos) by flokii: 7:24am On Jan 24, 2022
It was a rebellion of one of the brightest stars in heaven with other top ranked archangels and angels against the Creator.. the morning star (Lucifer) had special talents e.g music and distinct abilities fron the others.

If you're familiar with the story of Job in the bible, you'll see where the sons (angels) of God went to present themselves before the Almighty and Lucifer was there too where he discussed and accused Job of being favoured and asked that he be allowed to put Job to a test of faith. The Almighty told him to go do as he please with Job but spare his life, you know the rest. Even Christ, the saviour of mankind was put to test by Lucifer.
Re: Morning Star: The Difference Between Lucifer And Satan (photos) by flokii: 7:38am On Jan 24, 2022
dazzlingd:
Yahweh aka jehovah aka Satan

Jehovah is Satan

Nope.. Jehovah is Jehovah while satan is satan; one of the fallen archangels.

You see God has existed alongside angels of all ranks and kinds including the heavenly creatures and elders that sit by HIS throne singing "holy" and HIS praise day and night for centuries ever before the first man called Adam was created. You can imagine the glory of heaven that Lucifer saw and coveted.
Re: Morning Star: The Difference Between Lucifer And Satan (photos) by silibaba: 8:04am On Jan 24, 2022
SKhanmi:

According to the Bible, and God said let us make man. Who is he referring to? Satan. That means God never created Satan. Satan existed along with God.
Re: Morning Star: The Difference Between Lucifer And Satan (photos) by ruggedtimi(m): 9:45am On Jan 24, 2022
Abovebest:
Read your Bible in Context Lucifer is a King in Babylon who Isaiah spoke figuratively to what happened to the devil.
Isaiah 14:4
[4]That thou shalt take up this proverb against the king of Babylon, and say, How hath the oppressor ceased! the golden city ceased!

Isaiah 14:12
[12]How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

Isaiah 14:22
[22]For I will rise up against them, saith the LORD of hosts, and cut off from Babylon the name, and remnant, and son, and nephew, saith the LORD.
i no too Sabi bible oh, but what I know is Lucifer been referred to as king of Babylon was because Babylon in the bible was a city filled with sin. Obviously anything sin has to do with Lucifer. Reason he was called king of Babylon but it doesn't mean he was a physical king like Herod and Saul.
Re: Morning Star: The Difference Between Lucifer And Satan (photos) by Abovebest(m): 10:36am On Jan 24, 2022
ruggedtimi:
i no too Sabi bible oh, but what I know is Lucifer been referred to as king of Babylon was because Babylon in the bible was a city filled with sin. Obviously anything sin has to do with Lucifer. Reason he was called king of Babylon but it doesn't mean he was a physical king like Herod and Saul.

Be calming down
Read the verse 4 I posted
Lucifer was a physical king
Isaiah spoke to him in parables

Babylon was more associated with idols worshipping than moral sins

Anything sin as to do with Devil not Lucifer

Lucifer was a physical king in Babylon

(1) (2) (Reply)

HND And American Universities / Shocking: 7 Top Celebrities Who Dropped Out Of School And Never Went Back / If You Get This Then You Have An IQ above Average (mr Shape)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.