Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

6 Signs You Are Not Meant To Be A Programmer - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / 6 Signs You Are Not Meant To Be A Programmer (753 Views)

6 Signs You Are Not Meant To Be A Programmer / 5 Signs You Are A Badass Programmer / Is Programming Meant Only For Computer Science Students? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Signs You Are Not Meant To Be A Programmer by Elliot19(m): 1:13pm On Jan 23, 2022
Coding or programming is not meant for everyone and everyone is not meant to be a programmer or a coder. The tech industry is booming now and everyone wants to have a share of it. Due to that young individual plans their career around the tech industry only to realize their passion is somewhere else.

Being honest about yourself is very important when it comes to selecting a career. You have to ask yourself questions and answer them honestly, some of these questions are;

1. Am I consistent?

2. Can I handle stress?

3. Can I handle boredom?

4. Do I really love coding?

These are some of the questions you have to yourself and try to answer them honestly and truthy.

You might be in dilemma do not worry I got you, this post will clear all doubt and with six different traits that show you are not a programmer.

Here are the six signs that show that you are not meant to be a programmer;

1. You cannot stand logic problems

2. High level of dependency

3. Lack of patient

4. No or low experimental creativity

5. Lack of discipline

6. Inability to keep notes

These are a few signs, take note and access yourself

How can I Develop a Passion For coding or programming?

You can develop an interest in programming but do not force yourself. There are other IT-related jobs out there that does not involve coding yet they pay well so you have to know yourself, your strength, capabilities and intellect level before you make a career choice.

Conclusion

Anyone can learn how to code but not everyone can do it in a long term. Making a living out of programming involves more than learning how to code. Explore and be honest with yourself.

Click [URL]https://www.anythingprogramming.com/[/url] to read more

2 Likes

Re: 6 Signs You Are Not Meant To Be A Programmer by xeratek: 1:19pm On Jan 23, 2022
Lalasticlala front page fast

1 Like

Re: 6 Signs You Are Not Meant To Be A Programmer by Sheriman(m): 1:53pm On Jan 23, 2022
You all see them rushing to programming as if it is the only tech job they can do. There are hundreds of them but I don't know why Nigerians just like to saturates a profession which is not meant for everybody.
Yes!! Anybody who does not possess all those above mentioned qualities should not go to programming.

1 Like

Re: 6 Signs You Are Not Meant To Be A Programmer by LikeAking: 2:52pm On Jan 23, 2022
Sheriman:
You all see them rushing to programming as if it is the only tech job they can do. There are hundreds of them but I don't know why Nigerians just like to saturates a profession which is not meant for everybody.
Yes!! Anybody who does not possess all those above mentioned qualities should not go to programming.

Its a carrer path wia ur hard work pay.

To d best of my Knowledge.

so its worth it.

1 Like

Re: 6 Signs You Are Not Meant To Be A Programmer by Sheriman(m): 3:13pm On Jan 23, 2022
LikeAking:

Its a carrer path wia ur hard work pay.

To d best of my Knowledge.

so its worth it.

Programming is a life long learning profession and a way of life itself. This is technology where you will be introduced to new advance programming tools and framework to provide solution to human problems. It is not a profession for lazy ass people or people who give up on something easily.
You subjected to always read documentations and practice.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Signs You Are Not Meant To Be A Programmer by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jan 23, 2022
I don't know if I'm the only one, but it's really funny seeing people now declare "passion" for programming ( no personal assessment, nothing nothing).

They'll be like; " I really have passion for programming, I've always wanted to be a programmer, I don't want this dream to die, blah blah blah".

It's no longer Medicine they have an unending passion for, now it's programming .

Anything marketable, that's highly rewarding, irrespective of how niched down it may be, Nigerians will begin to rush into it, saturate it and litter it with quacks.

1 Like

Re: 6 Signs You Are Not Meant To Be A Programmer by TheManOfTheYear: 7:23pm On Jan 23, 2022
Sheriman:

Programming is a life long learning profession and a way of life itself. This is technology where you will be introduced to new advance programming tools and framework to provide solution to human problems. It is not a profession for lazy ass people or people who give up on something easily.
You subjected to always read documentations and practice.
Why are you bothered?
Do you know that if 100 people starts learning how to code today, and you come back in 3 months time, only about 10 of them would still be actively learning.

That tells you that no matter how many people run into programming, only a handful are filtered along the line. And anybody that survives the learning phase, is suited for the profession.
Re: 6 Signs You Are Not Meant To Be A Programmer by Maxxim: 6:47am On Jan 24, 2022
Sheriman:
How do they saturate it, Nigerians population in that proffesion are still far lower compared to other countries.
Try to get your facts right, there's still high demands for proffesionals in that trade.
Re: 6 Signs You Are Not Meant To Be A Programmer by Sheriman(m): 7:04am On Jan 24, 2022
Maxxim:

How do they saturate it, Nigerians population in that proffesion are still far lower compared to other countries.
Try to get your facts right, there's still high demands for proffesionals in that trade.
I didn't specifically stated that Nigerians saturates Programming in my statement.

(1) (Reply)

Atm Machines Should Be Programme To Speak In Pigin English / Help On Reading Xml Files In Vb.net / Use Matlab Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.