Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

I Asked Obasanjo Not To Go Into Politics – Abdulsalami - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Asked Obasanjo Not To Go Into Politics – Abdulsalami (184 Views)

Abdulsalami Abubakar Trust TV Interview: I Advised Obasanjo Not To Join Politics / Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics / Soyinka Asked Obasanjo To Know His Mate When They Met On Olumo Rock . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Asked Obasanjo Not To Go Into Politics – Abdulsalami by Vblogs: 5:53pm On Jan 23, 2022
The Chairman of the National Peace Committee who handed over to Obasanjo in 1999, said he asked the former President to leave politics and go home to sort out his health.

Former Head of State, General Abdulsalami Abubakar (rtd) has revealed that he advised President Olusegun Obasanjo to go home and take care of his health rather than delving into politics shortly after he was freed from detention.

Obasanjo who was detained by the regime of late General Sani Abacha, regained freedom when Abdulsalami took over power.

In an interview with Trust TV, the Chairman of the National Peace Committee who handed over to Obasanjo in 1999, said he asked the former President to leave politics and go home to sort out his health.

Abdulsalami insisted that he had nothing to do with Obasanjo’s participation in the poll that brought him to power in 1999.

He said;

“He (Obasanjo) came to see me to tell me that he had been approached by this group of people, they want to make him the candidate to stand for election.

https://trendyblog.com.ng/i-asked-obasanjo-not-to-go-into-politics-abdulsalami/
Re: I Asked Obasanjo Not To Go Into Politics – Abdulsalami by PresidentAtiku(m): 5:54pm On Jan 23, 2022
If Tinubu is made President, it means

Buhari-Muslim 8 Years
Tinubu- Muslim 8 years
Power shifts to the north
Another Muslim- 8 years

This equals to 24 years in a multi-religious country.

TINUBU IS A NO NO

(1) (Reply)

Governor Wike Lied About Discovered Aircraft / Terrorists Attack Buhari’s Home State, Abduct 29 Residents / Most Miracles You See On TV And Social Media Are Fake..Catholic Priest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.