Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,058 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Which European Country Is Best For Masters Study On A Budget - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Which European Country Is Best For Masters Study On A Budget (1082 Views)

I Have 2m Naira, Please Which European Country Can I Relocate To? / Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which European Country Is Best For Masters Study On A Budget by Ellegacy(m): 6:41pm On Jan 23, 2022
The budget is 1million naira.

My lil brother will be finishing with his mandatory NYSC program by May. He finished from University of Ibadan with a strong 2.1 in Petroleum Engineering. He's a really smart chap.

Considering the economic condition of Nigeria and unemployment rate, I believe the best career choice for him is leaving Nigeria. His preference is UK, but considering we're on a very tight budget, we are open to suggestions and ideas on the best European country he can study. If possible on full scholarship or half. I believe he will ace any needed exams he have to write.

He's not lazy, so if the visa can comes with works during holiday that will be very helpful cos he'll have to raise the remaining tuition on his own when he's their if the scholarship doesn't work.

Your candid opinions and suggestions will be very much appreciated and useful. Thank you all in anticipation. God bless
Re: Which European Country Is Best For Masters Study On A Budget by ednut1(m): 6:43pm On Jan 23, 2022
Ellegacy:
The budget is 1million naira.

My lil brother will be finishing with his mandatory NYSC program by May. He finished from University of Ibadan with a strong 2.1 in Petroleum Engineering. He's a really smart chap.

Considering the economic condition of Nigeria and unemployment rate, I believe the best career choice for him is leaving Nigeria. His preference is UK, but considering we're on a very tight budget, we are open to suggestions and ideas on the best European country he can study. If possible on full scholarship or half. I believe he will ace any needed exams he have to write.

He's not lazy, so if the visa can comes with works during holiday that will be very helpful cos he have to raise the remaining tuition on his own when he's their if the scholarship doesn't work.

Your candid opinion will be very much appreciated and useful. Thank you all in anticipation. God bless
1m is not even enough for ghana. You are talking about europe, fear God na. He has 2.1 he should try and enter a bank or big 4 firm as graduate trainee while trying oil companies too.

2 Likes

Re: Which European Country Is Best For Masters Study On A Budget by Ellegacy(m): 6:45pm On Jan 23, 2022
ednut1:
1m is not even enough for ghana. You are talking about europe, fear God na

Bro, just for him to get their. I think if his visa permit him to work, he can raised his tuition and feeding over their.

I made mention of scholarship likewise. The boy is brilliant
Re: Which European Country Is Best For Masters Study On A Budget by ednut1(m): 6:51pm On Jan 23, 2022
Ellegacy:

Bro, just for him to get their. I think if his visa permit him to work, he can raised his tuition and feeding over their.

I made mention of scholarship likewise. The boy is brilliant
this is how some people’s lives have been destroyed. You have just 20 hours a week as a student. Not enough to raise tuition. Since he is brilliant he should go write GRE , target state universities in usa. He should be able to get scholarship. Die that idea of using 1m to get him there on student visa. If he becomes a yahoo boy or drop out now you wont be there o

1 Like

Re: Which European Country Is Best For Masters Study On A Budget by Ellegacy(m): 6:56pm On Jan 23, 2022
ednut1:
this is how some people’s lives have been destroyed. You have just 20 hours a week as a student. Not enough to raise tuition. Since he is brilliant he should go write GRE , target state universities in usa. He should be able to get scholarship. Die that idea of using 1m to get him there on student visa. If he becomes a yahoo boy or drop out now you wont be there o

Thanks. Much appreciated �
Re: Which European Country Is Best For Masters Study On A Budget by Nancyama(f): 7:05pm On Jan 23, 2022
Since he is very brilliant he should try fully funded scholarship routes. It's the best for him. Let him get his transcript, recommendation letters... et al

Also Make Google your friend.
Check twitter for scholars dishing information on how to package application letters and you're good to go. He will surely make it to any part of the country of his choice without spending a dime.
Re: Which European Country Is Best For Masters Study On A Budget by longetivity(m): 7:16pm On Jan 23, 2022
Please tell ur brother to avoid Estonia and Cyprus grin

1 Like

Re: Which European Country Is Best For Masters Study On A Budget by oneble: 8:20pm On Jan 23, 2022
Maka WHY?
Re: Which European Country Is Best For Masters Study On A Budget by Jorussia(m): 8:58pm On Jan 23, 2022
One million naira is not even up to 2000usd(ability rate).A minimum of three million naira should be your target.

1 Like

Re: Which European Country Is Best For Masters Study On A Budget by Cousin9999: 9:47am On Jan 24, 2022
Spain is a good option.

I don't think there's any other place where you have a high standard of living, decent education, and little drama at such a low price.

Public universities in Spain offer two types of degrees: official degrees and university-specific degrees. For official degrees, each Autonomous Community establishes limits for tuition. They usually range between:

150 – 3,500 EUR/year for Bachelor’s programmes
300 – 3,500 EUR/year for Master’s programmes
Based on our research, we’ve noticed that non-EU/EEA students can encounter the following situations when they enrol in Spanish public universities:

They are charged the same tuition as EU/EEA citizens
They are charged tuition that is around 1,000 – 1,500 EUR higher than the tuition for EU/EEA citizens
They are charged tuition that is two or three times higher
Re: Which European Country Is Best For Masters Study On A Budget by adejoro1988(m): 10:08am On Jan 24, 2022
longetivity:
Please tell ur brother to avoid Estonia and Cyprus grin
Tell us why you said he should avoid the two country's, so far am concerned, Estonia I know is one of the less expensive county, if his able to secure admission in any of the university he should take it as a stepping stone to bigger place. But for Cyprus is not a going area unless you're Dangote family.

(1) (Reply)

Help For My Canada Dreams At Last!it Could Help You Too / Best Airlines / Appealing a Refusal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.