Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,291 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Nigerian Passport/visa Question For Us Folks - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Passport/visa Question For Us Folks (1566 Views)

Renewing Nigerian Passport In The Uk / What Does A Person Need To Apply For Passport/visa To U.s? / Nigerian Passport: Current Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Passport/visa Question For Us Folks by EuroMeko(m): 4:58am On Jun 21, 2011
Background, I have a valid US Passport and an expired Nigerian Passport issued new in 2005 and expired 2010. Trying to go home in 4 weeks.

I called the Atlanta Home Office and was told that my regular (none e) passport can be renewed and to send it in.

I sent it in but to the Washington DC address since that was the address on teh form that I downloaded.

I got the unrenewed Passport back in the mail with my money order (wasted $40 in shipping) with a note saying that they don't renew regular Passports anymore, even though; (1) I was told in Atlanta verbally that they do still renew regular Passports and (2) the website says they do.

What gives?

Should I have mailed to Atlanta?

I will call tomorrow and try to reach someone in Atlanta again.
Re: Nigerian Passport/visa Question For Us Folks by ella1: 6:39am On Jun 21, 2011
Senseless, grin
Re: Nigerian Passport/visa Question For Us Folks by EuroMeko(m): 6:54pm On Jun 21, 2011
So I called Atlanta and was told the mistake I made was sending it to Washington (that's the address on the form), so here we have two offices of the same government following different procedures - na wa for our country o!
Re: Nigerian Passport/visa Question For Us Folks by EuroMeko(m): 1:34am On Jun 30, 2011
Success!!!

I just received my renewed regular passport back from Atlanta.

So it's true that you can renew your expired paper passport
Re: Nigerian Passport/visa Question For Us Folks by iice(f): 4:49am On Jun 30, 2011
As usual. . .you'll have to try again and in some cases, again before what should have been done in the first place actually works. This is where that topic on information cult/information-less society comes in. We carried our information-lessness even to other countries.
Re: Nigerian Passport/visa Question For Us Folks by EuroMeko(m): 12:41pm On Jul 31, 2011
I was also able to get the new ECOWAS passport in Ibadan in two days. I have the contact info for a friendly person at Ibadan Immigration if needed.
Re: Nigerian Passport/visa Question For Us Folks by dellnet: 7:41am On Aug 01, 2011
EuroMeko:

I was also able to get the new ECOWAS passport in Ibadan in two days. I have the contact info for a friendly person at Ibadan Immigration if needed.
at what friendly rate?
Re: Nigerian Passport/visa Question For Us Folks by EuroMeko(m): 11:26am On Aug 01, 2011
All I have is contact info.
Re: Nigerian Passport/visa Question For Us Folks by hector1: 8:01pm On Aug 02, 2011
thanks for this info.please do you have dedicated phone numbers of the Nigerian consulate in Atlanta?
pls respond asap.
Re: Nigerian Passport/visa Question For Us Folks by EuroMeko(m): 8:02pm On Aug 02, 2011
Consular
(770)-394-6261
(770) 394-6237
Immigration
(770)-394-5233
(678) 720-0021
Mission’s Switchboard
(770)-394-5245
Re: Nigerian Passport/visa Question For Us Folks by hector1: 8:11pm On Aug 02, 2011
i tried calling the numbers.nobody is picking it.do have any of their extensions' number?
Re: Nigerian Passport/visa Question For Us Folks by EuroMeko(m): 8:16pm On Aug 02, 2011
First rule of thumb. Don't assume that because they are in the US that they suddenly have gained some level of high level customer service.

It took me repeated tries, alternating numbers, begging for help, getting abused by some receptionist, before I could get my passport renewed.

Moral of the story is tenacity.

(1) (Reply)

Help On How To Travel From Kano To Lagos By Train / PTA- Personal Travel Allowance / Please Help Me I Am Confused On What To Choose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.