Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,319 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

A Simple Analysis Of What Went Wrong (Nigeria Vs Tunisia) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / A Simple Analysis Of What Went Wrong (Nigeria Vs Tunisia) (580 Views)

Nigeria Vs Tunisia AFCON 2021.Round-of-16: (0 - 1) On 23rd January 2022 / Nigeria Vs Tunisia: International Friendly (1 - 1) On 13th October 2020 / Belgium Vs Tunisia: World Cup (5 - 2) On 23rd June 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Simple Analysis Of What Went Wrong (Nigeria Vs Tunisia) by Nobody: 8:20am On Jan 24, 2022
This is just what I think went wrong yesterday, Firstly, if you fail to plan definitely you are planning to fail Eguaveon didn't have proper pre-competition preparation, he only had few weeks to know his players and a friendly other knowledge was gotten in the course of the competition's games, Secondly, he went to the competition with a plan a which is play from the wings but unfortunately for him he was outsmarted then, he quickly work on a Plan B which is to play from the middle which prompted the introduction of iwobi who was sent of via a very harsh decision for me, and that ruined it completely for Eguaveon and his men. Later on, he decided to continue with the wing plays and he brought in peter olayinka which for me was another mistake he made he should have brought in sadiq Umar instead cuz sadiq Umar knows how to get into attacking positions and brilliant goal scoring positions beta than olayinka who was all over the place yesterday, and lastly, no matter how much blame you put on any player e.g goalkeeper(Maduka Okoye) its is fault and also not is fault, not faulty in the sense that his defenders should have close down the player who want to make the shot or better still make a block and faulty because the goalkeeper is the last line of defense he should have done better by attacking the ball with stronger hands on it just like alisson saved liverpool yesterday, but that still changes nothing the reality is that Nigeria deserve to lose yesterday and truth be told we needed that whether you like it or not, this will serve as a one-off, all what happened yesterday is just because Nigeria deserve to be put in their place and that was what they got.

lalasticlala mynd44 seun honeric01 semid4lyfe

2 Likes

Re: A Simple Analysis Of What Went Wrong (Nigeria Vs Tunisia) by MITCHELL96: 8:21am On Jan 24, 2022
Nobody should blame Okoye, they're world class goal keepers that even concede cheap goals, and this one was a hard shot from outside the box, The cause of that goal was Ola Aina, He overlapped and left an opponent get the ball and still got dribbled because he gave the opponent space. Football isn't what these Naija girls think, now they're all blaming Okoye, going to his IG page and raining insults, same guy they were crushing on, one thing about Africans, they hardly support you after you've done a mistake, they only support you when you're winning, That's why the whites are better than us in that aspect, they support their National teams,clubs, pals and etc when they're both winning and losing. It give them courage to bounce back and be better than they were, phew!

1 Like

Re: A Simple Analysis Of What Went Wrong (Nigeria Vs Tunisia) by Nobody: 8:26am On Jan 24, 2022
My Bosses come and check this out
angelfrost fergie001 or fergie0o1 paulolee robosky02 gbest90 ray07 kyase N2B2 ojeemah dfrost lamasta amotolongbo e.t.c
Re: A Simple Analysis Of What Went Wrong (Nigeria Vs Tunisia) by Nobody: 8:33am On Jan 24, 2022
He still day pain me sha, and BTW Eguaveon stepped down as Nigeria interim manger and goes back to being the technical adviser of the NFF but "until he hears of anything otherwise"

Re: A Simple Analysis Of What Went Wrong (Nigeria Vs Tunisia) by dfrost: 10:14am On Jan 24, 2022
My brother, the matter tire me. I'm still waiting for when we will get it right in terms of dedication, focus and hard-working individuals for the SE team.

I took a hiatus for some years after they almost killed me in 2005.

Now I thought these ones were serious only for one minute fame to enter Maduka's head and boom! Homie was all about looks and keep to his JD. How hard is that?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Simple Analysis Of What Went Wrong (Nigeria Vs Tunisia) by Lamasta(m): 1:09pm On Jan 24, 2022
We have moved on comrade that's football for you it favours you or it disfigure you grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Simple Analysis Of What Went Wrong (Nigeria Vs Tunisia) by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 24, 2022
dfrost:
My brother, the matter tire me. I'm still waiting for when we will get it right in terms of dedication, focus and hard-working individuals for the SE team.
we have but they just few in numbers that is y we need a clear out b4 d world cup they are players out there dieing to play for Nigeria even the whites e.g ademola lookman

dfrost:
I took a hiatus for some years after they almost killed me in 2005.

Now I thought these ones were serious
lolz yeah boss, they are serious but the preparation I think affected their performance even though they tried but am very sure all these talk wouldn't have come to b assuming they won the tournament,
dfrost:
only for one minute fame to enter Maduka's head and boom! Homie was all about looks and keep to his JD. How hard is that?
from d onset I have disliked okoye and any footballer with tattoes I will opt for Uzoho instead even though they are both d same with slight differences if we had other beta goalkeeper these guys will only be as good as third or fourth choice
Re: A Simple Analysis Of What Went Wrong (Nigeria Vs Tunisia) by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jan 24, 2022
Lamasta:
We have moved on comrade that's football for you it favours you or it disfigure you grin
you spoke well boss, we move to the world cup qualification play offs and I hope dis time around it favours us

1 Like

Re: A Simple Analysis Of What Went Wrong (Nigeria Vs Tunisia) by paulolee(m): 4:01pm On Jan 24, 2022
nice post but I dnt see any sense in asking defenders to cover for keeper bcoz rushing him would lead to a simple pass dt would open d defense n they didnt expect him to shoot after his first dummy dt disppaced ndidi I think..
the keeper waa d best man to save dt ball, dt shot was not dt much n even uzoho would do better

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Simple Analysis Of What Went Wrong (Nigeria Vs Tunisia) by paulolee(m): 4:05pm On Jan 24, 2022
MITCHELL96:
Nobody should blame Okoye, they're world class goal keepers that even concede cheap goals, and this one was a hard shot from outside the box, The cause of that goal was Ola Aina, He overlapped and left an opponent get the ball and still got dribbled because he gave the opponent space. Football isn't what these Naija girls think, now they're all blaming Okoye, going to his IG page and raining insults, same guy they were crushing on, one thing about Africans, they hardly support you after you've done a mistake, they only support you when you're winning, That's why the whites are better than us in that aspect, they support their National teams,clubs, pals and etc when they're both winning and losing. It give them courage to bounce back and be better than they were, phew!
bros leave them to insult n bash him, dt his interview last weekend asking girls to dm him caused all of those insults..
world class goalkeeper do make mistakes n faces insults too n besides this our keeper isn't tested yet n dt shot was his real first test n he flopped..
I now see the main reason why he was loaned out of Watford n going by yesterday, I dnt see him starting again for eagles, he would suffer d same faith of akpeyi after dt Algeria blunder
Re: A Simple Analysis Of What Went Wrong (Nigeria Vs Tunisia) by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jan 24, 2022
paulolee:
nice post but I dnt see any sense in asking defenders to cover for keeper bcoz rushing him would lead to a simple pass dt would open d defense n they didnt expect him to shoot after his first dummy dt disppaced ndidi I think..
the keeper waa d best man to save dt ball, dt shot was not dt much n even uzoho would do better
yeah boss I meant d defenders should like close d player down besides this kind d of save is part of what makes u a goalkeeper and a goalkeeper is d last line of defense Liverpool should have lost yesterday Alison was d difference man utd should have lost a lot of games de gea was d difference but ever since dis G arrived Nigeria he hasn't made any remarkable save the defense is to thank if he had made that save then maybe just maybe deserve a third choice goalkeeping spot in Nigeria, the swerve made it difficult though but that is d challenge u face in order to make a breathtaking save.
Re: A Simple Analysis Of What Went Wrong (Nigeria Vs Tunisia) by Lamasta(m): 7:29pm On Jan 24, 2022
Enoch3721:
you spoke well boss, we move to the world cup qualification play offs and I hope dis time around it favours us
We hope so too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Simple Analysis Of What Went Wrong (Nigeria Vs Tunisia) by Gbest90(m): 8:00pm On Jan 24, 2022
Enoch3721:
My Bosses come and check this out
angelfrost fergie001 paulolee robosky02 gbest90 ray07 kyase N2B2 ojeemah dfrost lamasta e.t.c
Nice post.

And also Tunisia came with a game plan. Sit back and neutralize the flanks. Which they were able to do cos they came into this fixture as under dogs.

That's why I don't like my team going into games or tournaments as favorites. It used to instil fear in the opposition in the past. But it's kind of a disadvantage now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Simple Analysis Of What Went Wrong (Nigeria Vs Tunisia) by Nobody: 6:57am On Jan 25, 2022
Lamasta:
We hope so too
right!?, u see what I did there

1 Like

Re: A Simple Analysis Of What Went Wrong (Nigeria Vs Tunisia) by Nobody: 6:58am On Jan 25, 2022
Gbest90:

Nice post.

Thanks for the complement.
Gbest90:

And also Tunisia came with a game plan. Sit back and neutralize the flanks. Which they were able to do cos they came into this fixture as under dogs.
they did it perfectly boss, but if u noticed very well after iwobi's introduction our wing play reduced then, we started giving dem an improved rate of problems and iwobi was creating some kind of movement through the middle cuz he is very creative b4 he was sent off

Gbest90:

That's why I don't like my team going into games or tournaments as favorites. It used to instil fear in the opposition in the past. But it's kind of a disadvantage now.

no wonder Egypt lost too, but I felt we should have done better, coaches, managers, and technical adviser e.t.c have improved very well even at dis AFCON u will some glimpses of technicality in them couple with d fact that they are now studying teams b4 games

1 Like

Re: A Simple Analysis Of What Went Wrong (Nigeria Vs Tunisia) by Lamasta(m): 9:00am On Jan 25, 2022
Enoch3721:
right!?, u see what I did there
Lol seen grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Simple Analysis Of What Went Wrong (Nigeria Vs Tunisia) by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 25, 2022
Lamasta:
Lol seen grin
kk cool

(1) (Reply)

Qatar 2022 World Cup Stadium: What Nigerians Will Be Missing / Chelsea: Todd Boehly ‘met Cristiano Ronaldo’s Agent Jorge Mendes To Discuss Move / PHOTOS: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles Set To Use Adire As The New Kit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.