Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Please Who Is An Abakaliki Person? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please Who Is An Abakaliki Person? (564 Views)

Dave Umahi Building Project In Abakaliki, Ebonyi (Photos) / Umahi Bars APC From Using Abakaliki Stadium For Rally On Saturday.. / Umahi Condemns Renaming Of Abakaliki Street In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Who Is An Abakaliki Person? by Akudaisi: 12:31pm On Jan 24, 2022
I honestly love your objective submission.
Honestly, the remote location of Abakaliki and it's scattered settlement pattern made it inaccessible and unattractive to the colonial masters.
This contributed negatively towards our exposure to the western civilization.
But following the clamour for improved welfare for the region and her people.
The few elites clamoured for the creation of Ebonyi State.
Which was granted by the military government of Sani Abacha in 1996.
This triggered so many good fortunes for the people like higher access to education, health, wealth, infrastructure, etc.
Today, the narratives is getting better among our people.
The illiteracy rate is declining rapidly.
The infrastructure is growing slow but steady.
Thatched houses are phasing away and are being replaced by bungalows.
I'm an Abakaliki man, but honesty the pride, the ego and arrogance of an average Anambra man is second to non.
They ridicule the Abakaliki man at any slight chance.
My advice to those that are fond of that stereotype is: Trying impacting the lives of the Abakaliki people in any little way you can if you think you are civilised and privileged.
Cause, that is exactly what the Whites did to the third world countries upon their discovery during their expedition.
They sacrificed their comfort, to make sure that we got civilised to the point that we are now and still doing it through World Bank, UNICEF, WHO, FAO, USAID, European Union, etc
The young shall grow, time shall tell.
On the accusations that Abakaliki hustlers in Anambra towns are behind the atrocities of IPOB.
So, all the keke riders in Onitsha, Awka, Nnewi and Other Anambra towns are Abakaliki people? Nawa o.
He meant that those unknown gun men that drove in SUVs and had confrontation with Security personnels are the Abakaliki people.
Including Ikonso and his boys, the ones that are killed at Nnobi during the heat of Anambra election?
So, he meant Abakaliki people are the ones shutting down Onitsha, Nnewi and other Igbo towns on every Mondays?
Hate is a cancer.
You hate Yoruba, hate Fulani, hate Abakaliki.
This is one of the reasons that Umahi said that Ebonyi cannot be part of Biafra.
Egoistic, arrogant and tribal bigots full of acrimony, rancour and bitterness.

Now the comment was made by Thinksmart I don’t have any issues with his comment and as a matter of am from Ebonyi but I decided to create this thread cause am confused I want to know who is an Abakaliki person,like I my personal opinion is like i said before am from Ebonyi and not everyone from Ebonyi is an Abakaliki person feel free to say yours insult is allowed too.
Re: Please Who Is An Abakaliki Person? by Awkabigboy: 1:03pm On Jan 24, 2022
c
Re: Please Who Is An Abakaliki Person? by SmartPolician: 1:10pm On Jan 24, 2022
This is Monday morning; go and do something meaningful with your time.

We all have 24 hours; don't blame the government for your failure.

1 Like

Re: Please Who Is An Abakaliki Person? by Akudaisi: 4:06pm On Jan 24, 2022
SmartPolician:
This is Monday morning; go and do something meaningful with your time.

We all have 24 hours; don't blame the government for your failure.
oga I Dey run arbitrage so calm down as for money u never reach
Re: Please Who Is An Abakaliki Person? by Akudaisi: 4:11pm On Jan 24, 2022
Awkabigboy:
c
fake Akwabigboy Na only space u won book ni

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Soldiers In North-east Kick As Nigerian Army Omits Names On Rotation List Over R / What Ipob/esn Should Learn From Russia-ukrainiane Crisis. / DRBS, Obosi, Anambra State, To The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.