Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,015 members, 7,814,466 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Statistics Show More Women From Northern Nigeria Own Houses (photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Statistics Show More Women From Northern Nigeria Own Houses (photos) (2145 Views)

2023 Presidential Election Results From Northern Nigeria / Guess! Which Governor Is Building This Houses? Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Statistics Show More Women From Northern Nigeria Own Houses (photos) by ExAngel007(f): 7:09pm On Jan 24, 2022
Statistics show more women from Northern Nigeria own houses with Title/Deed while women from South East own the least houses with Title/Deed

The Nigerian Demographic and Health Survey (NDHS) released data showing the regions with the highest number of Nigerian women who own houses with Title/Deed and the region with the least.

This was released in 2018 but recently gained attention after it was broken down on Twitter by StatiSense, a Data Tech Company in Nigeria.

The data shows that the North East has more women (57%) who own houses with the Title/Deed.

The North West comes after with 43.8%, followed by the South West at 31.4%.

Women who own houses with Title/Deed in the South East are at the bottom with just 2%.

This has led to a conversation on Twitter about Igbo tradition and women owning properties in the South East.

The data goes further to show that more women in the South East own houses without Title/Deed than in other regions.

Based on the data, a majority of women who own houses in the North, have the Title/Deed but those in the South, especially the South East, do not.

This has also led to a conversation, with Twitter users suggesting that women in the South East choose to own houses in their sons' names.

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2022/1/statistics-show-more-women-from-northern-nigeria-own-houses-with-titledeed-while-women-from-south-east-own-the-least-houses-with-titledeed-2.html

2 Likes

Re: Statistics Show More Women From Northern Nigeria Own Houses (photos) by Eriokanmi: 7:10pm On Jan 24, 2022
Good. They'd have owned much more, had their destiny not been buried by their husbands in various homes all in the name of religion. Had their women been allowed to work, the poverty level wouldn't have been so much in the north. I've never seen a hausa fulani police woman or female soldier. I don't see them as nurses, etc. Instead of their husbands hawking gworo upland down on a small headman which could hardly take care his 1 square meal, their women would have helped a great deal. It's unimaginable.

Even Saudi Arabia now has allowed their women to drive taxi and do some work. This is where Islam is deeply rooted and their HQ.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Statistics Show More Women From Northern Nigeria Own Houses (photos) by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jan 24, 2022
and still does that hate the north will call us Almajiris

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Statistics Show More Women From Northern Nigeria Own Houses (photos) by Biafrannuke: 7:22pm On Jan 24, 2022
Lol
Re: Statistics Show More Women From Northern Nigeria Own Houses (photos) by LegendHero(m): 7:25pm On Jan 24, 2022
Na those Twitter comments dey make me laugh.
Re: Statistics Show More Women From Northern Nigeria Own Houses (photos) by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jan 24, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Good. They'd have owned much more, had their destiny not been buried by their husbands in various homes all in the name of religion. Had their women been allowed to work, the poverty level wouldn't have been so much in the north. I've never seen a hausa fulani police woman or female soldier. I don't see them as nurses, etc. Instead of their husbands hawking gworo upland down on a small headman which could hardly take care his 1 square meal, their women would have helped a great deal. It's unimaginable.

Even Saudi Arabia now has allowed their women to drive taxi and do some work. This is where Islam is deeply rooted and their HQ.

hhhh you are very funny an less intelligent. i guess u never been to the north,u its just hatred that is disturbing u.. my female cousin is a lieutenant in the Nigeria Army,many are into it. go to any teaching hospitals in the north and see plenty of nurses and even doctors..

so before u say anything pls learn to check and said the truth. we have many female professors. if you said they are less compare to the south,then i will agree with u. learn to critised with proves

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Statistics Show More Women From Northern Nigeria Own Houses (photos) by Entprys(m): 7:30pm On Jan 24, 2022
Yes yes. That s a big truth.

2 Likes

Re: Statistics Show More Women From Northern Nigeria Own Houses (photos) by headSmasher: 7:33pm On Jan 24, 2022
Women in the south east are the properties of their husbands
Re: Statistics Show More Women From Northern Nigeria Own Houses (photos) by Alarih(f): 7:38pm On Jan 24, 2022
It's true
Re: Statistics Show More Women From Northern Nigeria Own Houses (photos) by Oghene1st: 7:54pm On Jan 24, 2022
Over the counter statistics.

In conclusion, WOMEN WHO OWNS PROPERTY BE IT WITH TITLE DEEDS OR WITHOUT TITLE DEEDS

1. NORTH EAST 57.0% + 40.1% = 97.1%

2. SOUTH EAST 2.0% + 94.9% = 94.9%

3. NORTH WEST 43.8% + 50.6% = 94.4%

4. SOUTH SOUTH 10.6% + 75.1% = 85.7%

5. NORTH CENTRAL 11.2% + 72.7% = 83.9%

6. SOUTH WEST 31.44% + 45.2% = 76.9%

So NORTH EAST, SOUTH EAST, NORTH WEST, SOUTH SOUTH, NORTH CENTRAL women get landed properties pass SOUTH WEST women?

We fit agree with SOUTH EAST and SOUTH SOUTH but NORTH EAST, NORTH WEST and NORTH CENTRAL own dey make me laugh.

As a liberal person from South South, I hereby trash this statistics from StatiSenseMumu

4 Likes

Re: Statistics Show More Women From Northern Nigeria Own Houses (photos) by Eriokanmi: 7:58pm On Jan 24, 2022
Hisbah21:

hhhh you are very funny an less intelligent. i guess u never been to the north,u its just hatred that is disturbing u.. my cousin is a lieutenant in the Nigeria Army,many are into it. go to any teaching hospitals in the north and see plenty of nurses and even doctors..

so before u say anything pls learn to check and said the truth. we have many female professors. if you said they are less compare to the south,then i will agree with u. learn to critised with proves
I'm a friend of the north. Those you mentioned were the fortunate few, whose parents were exposed and educated enough to have their way. Again, those northern women serving the country at various capacities are mainly Christians, only very minute Muslim women are allowed to work and its because their parents are educated.
Re: Statistics Show More Women From Northern Nigeria Own Houses (photos) by shortIGBOman: 8:06pm On Jan 24, 2022
Chai. My Region is the least in everything. From VAT, to development, economy and many more.

I'm in severe pains aswear.

2 Likes

Re: Statistics Show More Women From Northern Nigeria Own Houses (photos) by shortIGBOman: 8:11pm On Jan 24, 2022
Eriokanmi:
I'm a friend of the north. Those you mentioned were the fortunate few, whose parents were exposed and educated enough to have their way. Again, those northern women serving the country at various capacities are mainly Christians, only very minute Muslim women are allowed to work and its because their parents are educated.

Quit lying.
Every statistics shows they are better.

2 Likes

Re: Statistics Show More Women From Northern Nigeria Own Houses (photos) by shortIGBOman: 8:18pm On Jan 24, 2022
Hisbah21:

hhhh you are very funny an less intelligent. i guess u never been to the north,u its just hatred that is disturbing u.. my cousin is a lieutenant in the Nigeria Army,many are into it. go to any teaching hospitals in the north and see plenty of nurses and even doctors..

you are very correct. I was in the North and I was amazed. Forget what we read online. Northerners are progressing in all aspects of life. But we in the South use the few Almajiri in the North to describe all Northerners.

5 Likes

Re: Statistics Show More Women From Northern Nigeria Own Houses (photos) by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jan 24, 2022
Eriokanmi:

no,go to our tertiary institutions now, and see for urself how are women are studying, forget what some people tell u,go and see it urself

3 Likes

Re: Statistics Show More Women From Northern Nigeria Own Houses (photos) by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 24, 2022
shortIGBOman:

you are very correct. I was in the North and I was amazed. Forget what we read online. Northerners are progressing in all aspects of life. But we in the South use the few Almajiri in the North to describe all Northerners.

thanks for this candid remark

1 Like

Re: Statistics Show More Women From Northern Nigeria Own Houses (photos) by mytime24(f): 9:15pm On Jan 24, 2022
Mud houses and Hut houses

That one na house

1 Like

Re: Statistics Show More Women From Northern Nigeria Own Houses (photos) by kaptaintintin: 11:10pm On Jan 24, 2022
What's the age bracket of these women who own houses in the north. I remember these marry early and by the time they are 40 and abover,they are already widows.
Re: Statistics Show More Women From Northern Nigeria Own Houses (photos) by ArewaNorth: 12:30am On Jan 25, 2022
Eriokanmi:

I wonder why u choose to behave like fool by making such ignorant, bigotic comment.

When u go to the largest textile market in Africa at Kano, Kantin kwari have u ever care to ask the owners of some of the shops?
Have u asked abt the ownership of many businesses in the North or u just follow ur shallow education with no research basis and commented based on ignorance?

Potiskum, Yobe state has the largest collection of trailers in Nigeria. I have seen a woman with more than 100 trailers in Potiskum. I have seen a woman with more than 1000 keke Napep in Kano, I have seen a woman with more than 5 huge textile shops amassing more than N50m profit annually in Kano, I have seen a woman who farm more than 400 bags of grains annually in zamfara, I have seen a woman who has more than 20 trailers and more than 100 keke Napep in Jos, I have seen rich young girls who are into Abaya dress fashion design, many are managing restaurants and eateries from home, many are into body make-up, many have private schools..... I have seen many successful women entrepreneurs in the North on different Hausa TV interviews.

Don't criticise people's culture, don't misinterpret them from far, learn to use ur knowledge and know more instead of being dogmatic by accepting every lies they feed to ur head.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Statistics Show More Women From Northern Nigeria Own Houses (photos) by blaqoracle: 1:15am On Jan 25, 2022
ArewaNorth:

I wonder why u choose to behave like fool by making such ignorant, bigotic comment.

When u go to the largest textile market in Africa at Kano, Kantin kwari have u ever care to ask the owners of some of the shops?
Have u asked abt the ownership of many businesses in the North or u just follow ur shallow education with no research basis and commented based on ignorance?

Potiskum, Yobe state has the largest collection of trailers in Nigeria. I have seen a woman with more than 100 trailers in Potiskum. I have seen a woman with more than 1000 keke Napep in Kano, I have seen a woman with more than 5 huge textile shops amassing more than N50m profit annually in Kano, I have seen a woman who farm more than 400 bags of grains annually in zamfara, I have seen a woman who has more than 20 trailers and more than 100 keke Napep in Jos, I have seen rich young girls who are into Abaya dress fashion design, many are managing restaurants and eateries from home, many are into body make-up, many have private schools..... I have seen many successful women entrepreneurs in the North on different Hausa TV interviews.

Don't criticise people's culture, don't misinterpret them from far, learn to use ur knowledge and know more instead of being dogmatic by accepting every lies they feed to ur head.
wailers are really cursed.

1 Like

Re: Statistics Show More Women From Northern Nigeria Own Houses (photos) by Yankee101: 1:21am On Jan 25, 2022
Women are entitled to inheritance in the North.

Simple

1 Like

Re: Statistics Show More Women From Northern Nigeria Own Houses (photos) by TheKingsmann(m): 7:02am On Jan 25, 2022
mytime24:
[s]Mud houses and Hut houses

That one na house[/s]
As usual another trash post frm big coconut head cheesy

Re: Statistics Show More Women From Northern Nigeria Own Houses (photos) by SpatialKing(m): 7:07am On Jan 25, 2022
Hello
We need to consider other factors and indicators
1...The fact that the North generally has more population than the South East...

2..The North land mass is bigger or larger than that of the South East. Land is a scarce commodity in the south east region.
Re: Statistics Show More Women From Northern Nigeria Own Houses (photos) by DontBullshitMe: 7:08am On Jan 25, 2022
So, contrary to popular belief, the core North is very egalitarian on gender issues.

I mean, even better than SW.

What this stats is implying/suggesting is that these regions with high number of women owning houses certainly empowers their women economically which of course negates the core principle of traditional patriarchal society.
Re: Statistics Show More Women From Northern Nigeria Own Houses (photos) by Nobody: 11:23am On Jan 25, 2022
Hisbah21:

hhhh you are very funny an less intelligent. i guess u never been to the north,u its just hatred that is disturbing u.. my female cousin is a lieutenant in the Nigeria Army,many are into it. go to any teaching hospitals in the north and see plenty of nurses and even doctors..

Nice.
Re: Statistics Show More Women From Northern Nigeria Own Houses (photos) by Nobody: 11:31am On Jan 25, 2022
ArewaNorth:

Well said bro.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Video: Nigerians React As Peter Obi Says He Studied This Course At Harvard / States Obi, Tinubu, and Atiku will Win And The Ones they Will Do Credible Well / How South South South/southeast Will Vote(final Predictions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.