Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Coup Plotters Have Suspended The Constitution In Burkina Faso - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Coup Plotters Have Suspended The Constitution In Burkina Faso (670 Views)

Coup Attempt In Burkina Faso / High-powered Nigerian Delegation Arrives In Niamey To Engage With Coup Plotters / Omar Al-Bashir Arrested, Coup Plotters Announce Two-year Military Rule (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coup Plotters Have Suspended The Constitution In Burkina Faso by God1000(m): 7:16pm On Jan 24, 2022
The borders have been shut, the soldiers have announced that the tenure of the president is over

Africa is going through a lot this time, from Sudan to Mali and now Burkina Faso.

Re: Coup Plotters Have Suspended The Constitution In Burkina Faso by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jan 24, 2022
getting serious
Re: Coup Plotters Have Suspended The Constitution In Burkina Faso by God1000(m): 7:19pm On Jan 24, 2022
Hisbah21:
getting serious
seriously, Africa is in topsy Turvy
Re: Coup Plotters Have Suspended The Constitution In Burkina Faso by BKayy: 7:21pm On Jan 24, 2022
Good news.
And the sweet wind of Revolution keep blowing through corrupt West Africa, I hope it doesn't pass us by.
Re: Coup Plotters Have Suspended The Constitution In Burkina Faso by helinues: 7:22pm On Jan 24, 2022
ECOWAS would intervene.

The president also need to step down as the masses are against him
Re: Coup Plotters Have Suspended The Constitution In Burkina Faso by Penguin2: 7:24pm On Jan 24, 2022
Those who killed Thomas Sankara don’t want to face justice.

If they are not behind this coup make I bend.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coup Plotters Have Suspended The Constitution In Burkina Faso by God1000(m): 7:26pm On Jan 24, 2022
BKayy:
Good news.
And the sweet wind of Revolution keep blowing through corrupt West Africa, I hope it doesn't pass us by.
lol, I don't think military can take power in Nigeria again

1 Like

Re: Coup Plotters Have Suspended The Constitution In Burkina Faso by BKayy: 7:28pm On Jan 24, 2022
God1000:
lol, I don't think military can take power in Nigeria again
As for me I don't think our fate is irredeemable.
Please, be more positive.

Three countries liberated in the span of a year in West Africa and you want me to believe that our fate is sealed?
God forbid

1 Like

Re: Coup Plotters Have Suspended The Constitution In Burkina Faso by God1000(m): 7:29pm On Jan 24, 2022
helinues:
ECOWAS would intervene.

The president also need to step down as the masses are against him
yeah the people are against him just like it happened in Sudan and Mali.

But the big concern here is the fact that the military will later remain in power instead of handing over to civilian
Re: Coup Plotters Have Suspended The Constitution In Burkina Faso by helinues: 7:32pm On Jan 24, 2022
God1000:
yeah the people are against him just like it happened in Sudan and Mali.

But the big concern here is the fact that the military will later remain in power instead of handing over to civilian

I really don't think the Burkina Faso military are interested in power generally, may be some of them but that president just have to go.
Re: Coup Plotters Have Suspended The Constitution In Burkina Faso by God1000(m): 7:33pm On Jan 24, 2022
BKayy:

As for me I don't think our fate is irredeemable.
Please, be more positive.

Three countries liberated in the span of a year in West Africa and you want me to believe that our fate is sealed?
God forbid
well, Nigeria is just too big and complicated.

Even back in the days of military rule, they could not stay in power for long

1 Like

Re: Coup Plotters Have Suspended The Constitution In Burkina Faso by God1000(m): 7:33pm On Jan 24, 2022
helinues:

I really don't think the Burkina Faso military are interested in power generally, may be some of them but that president just have to go.

time will tell bro
Re: Coup Plotters Have Suspended The Constitution In Burkina Faso by helinues: 7:34pm On Jan 24, 2022
God1000:
time will tell bro

ECOWAS can't allow another military government to take over in West Africa... Why now
Re: Coup Plotters Have Suspended The Constitution In Burkina Faso by BKayy: 7:36pm On Jan 24, 2022
God1000:
well, Nigeria is just too big and complicated.

Even back in the days of military rule, they could not stay in power for long
I now understand the direction you are referring to.
I believe in the same thing. Any coup will have a national flavour to it, and by nation I mean the original nations forced into Nigerian unity.

If the coup was to be led by an Igbo, the remaining Hausa soldiers will attribute it as the style of his nation to cease power, same can be said if it was led by Hausa, Yoruba or any minority.

But the revolution I have in mind/wish for Nigeria is total liberation for the nations forced into this abominable Union. Only that is true revolution in Nigeria
Re: Coup Plotters Have Suspended The Constitution In Burkina Faso by God1000(m): 7:37pm On Jan 24, 2022
helinues:

ECOWAS can't allow another military government to take over in West Africa... Why now
ECOWAS will surely intervene with sanctions, but it's ordinary Burkinabe that will suffer it.
Re: Coup Plotters Have Suspended The Constitution In Burkina Faso by fergie001: 7:38pm On Jan 24, 2022
Burkina Faso is now 9.

Re: Coup Plotters Have Suspended The Constitution In Burkina Faso by helinues: 7:38pm On Jan 24, 2022
God1000:
ECOWAS will surely intervene with sanctions, but it's ordinary Burkinababe that will suffer it.

The current issue in Burkina Faso is about security, now that the current Government is about to vacate, the military should leave the democracy for the politicians while they handle the insecurities
Re: Coup Plotters Have Suspended The Constitution In Burkina Faso by God1000(m): 7:42pm On Jan 24, 2022
fergie001:
Burkina Faso is now 9.
yeah, but the three countries I mentioned happened recently
Re: Coup Plotters Have Suspended The Constitution In Burkina Faso by God1000(m): 7:43pm On Jan 24, 2022
helinues:

The current issue in Burkina Faso is about security, now that the current Government is about to vacate, the military should leave the democracy for the politicians while they handle the insecurities
I hope so, they should emulate their revolutionary leader Thomas Sankara
Re: Coup Plotters Have Suspended The Constitution In Burkina Faso by God1000(m): 7:46pm On Jan 24, 2022
BKayy:

I believe in the same thing. Any coup will have a national flavour to it, and by nation I mean the original nations forced into Nigerian unity.

If the coup was to be led by an Igbo, the remaining Hausa soldiers will attribute it as the style of his nation to cease power, same can be said if it was led by Hausa, Yoruba or any minority.

But the revolution I have in mind/wish for Nigeria is total liberation for the nations forced into this abominable Union. Only that is true revolution in Nigeria
exactly, there's so much skepticism and cynicism
Re: Coup Plotters Have Suspended The Constitution In Burkina Faso by helinues: 7:46pm On Jan 24, 2022
God1000:
I hope so, they should emulate their revolutionary leader Thomas Sankara

Burkina Faso should be leading the highest Coup d'etat now in Africa.

Yet they are not getting things right.. Well this coup look bloodless for now. Whatever they are revolutionize about this time, they should try and get it right
Re: Coup Plotters Have Suspended The Constitution In Burkina Faso by God1000(m): 7:47pm On Jan 24, 2022
helinues:

Burkina Faso should be leading the highest Coup d'etat now in Africa.

Yet they are not getting things right.. Well this coup look bloodless for now. Whatever they are revolutionize about this time, they should try and get it right
Our fingers are crossed for now as events continue to unfold
Re: Coup Plotters Have Suspended The Constitution In Burkina Faso by helinues: 7:48pm On Jan 24, 2022
God1000:

Our fingers are crossed for now as events continue to unfold

This shall pass . I believe
Re: Coup Plotters Have Suspended The Constitution In Burkina Faso by God1000(m): 7:49pm On Jan 24, 2022
helinues:

This shall pass . I believe
sure, and civilians will learn from this as well
Re: Coup Plotters Have Suspended The Constitution In Burkina Faso by helinues: 7:51pm On Jan 24, 2022
BKayy:

The problem with Nigeria is we focus too much on the centre while ignoring to hold our representatives accountable.

In Kalu's voice, states that have been experiencing insecurities in Nigeria are mostly welcomed by their governors. If they do not want any miscreants in their state, they know what to do. Is Kano not I. northern Nigeria, hardly you read security matter from the state
Re: Coup Plotters Have Suspended The Constitution In Burkina Faso by helinues: 7:56pm On Jan 24, 2022
God1000:
sure, and civilians will learn from this as well

Africans are too carried away. After all this protest, coup, give it some months or years, there won't be reasonable follow up from the citizens cos those who might want to lead this time might not be different from the current Government. Self centeredness is ingrained in some Africans.

Imagine Adaka Boro of Gambia that was complaining about how Jammeh was using force on protesters still did the same after gaining power. He eventually won his reelection
Re: Coup Plotters Have Suspended The Constitution In Burkina Faso by joyandfaith: 7:57pm On Jan 24, 2022
As long as human rights are not abused and the nation can be stabilised, let military guys stay in power forever. Politicians cannot be stealing money and living on bogus allowances and professionals including soldiers are suffering.
Re: Coup Plotters Have Suspended The Constitution In Burkina Faso by helinues: 7:59pm On Jan 24, 2022
joyandfaith:
As long as human rights are not abused and the nation can be stabilised, let military guys stay in power forever. Politicians cannot be stealing money and living on bogus allowances and professionals including soldiers are suffering.

Are those military from Pluto?

If they military have been doing their work, would the situation get to this?
Re: Coup Plotters Have Suspended The Constitution In Burkina Faso by God1000(m): 8:07pm On Jan 24, 2022
helinues:

Africans are too carried away. After all this protest, coup, give it some months or years, there won't be reasonable follow up from the citizens cos those who might want to lead this time might not be different from the current Government. Self centeredness is ingrained in some Africans.

Imagine Adaka Boro of Gambia that was complaining about how Jammeh was using force on protesters still did the same after gaining power. He eventually won his reelection
the case of Gambia is really funny bro, I believe some Gambians will be missing the former president now
Re: Coup Plotters Have Suspended The Constitution In Burkina Faso by joyandfaith: 8:07pm On Jan 24, 2022
helinues:

Are those military from Pluto?

If they military have been doing their work, would the situation get to this?

If politicians have been doing their jobs, no soldier would think of plotting coup. Politicians have failed woefully in many parts of the Africa. I prefer military democrazy for most Africa nations anyway.
Re: Coup Plotters Have Suspended The Constitution In Burkina Faso by God1000(m): 8:08pm On Jan 24, 2022
joyandfaith:
but some military leaders are as corrupt as civilians
Re: Coup Plotters Have Suspended The Constitution In Burkina Faso by joyandfaith: 8:35pm On Jan 24, 2022
God1000:
but some military leaders are as corrupt as civilians
That means no one form of government is better than other. It depends on leaders.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Russia Is The Most Powerful Nation On Earth And Will Crush NATO In A Week / Video: US President Joe Biden Arrives In Europe / Us-china Chip War: How The Technology Dispute Is Playing Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.