Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,074 members, 7,957,005 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:17 AM

A Little Bit Of This On Your Body Will Make You Dance Well On A Dance Floor. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Little Bit Of This On Your Body Will Make You Dance Well On A Dance Floor. (2154 Views)

Rare Historical Photos That Will Make You Appreciate Life And Moments / Six Parts Of Your Body You Probably Don't Know Their Names / A Must Read: A Little Bit Of Normal (supernatural) 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Little Bit Of This On Your Body Will Make You Dance Well On A Dance Floor. by akinmusi(m): 7:21pm On Jan 24, 2022
A little bit of this on your body will make you dance well on a dance floor.

4 Likes

Re: A Little Bit Of This On Your Body Will Make You Dance Well On A Dance Floor. by Exc2000: 7:22pm On Jan 24, 2022
Weyreypey, devil's bean

7 Likes

Re: A Little Bit Of This On Your Body Will Make You Dance Well On A Dance Floor. by Joeblazeochola(m): 7:23pm On Jan 24, 2022
W8in be dis?
Re: A Little Bit Of This On Your Body Will Make You Dance Well On A Dance Floor. by akinmusi(m): 7:25pm On Jan 24, 2022
Exc2000:
Weyreypey, devil's bean

Other indigenous names?
Re: A Little Bit Of This On Your Body Will Make You Dance Well On A Dance Floor. by robinso01(m): 7:27pm On Jan 24, 2022
Joeblazeochola:
W8in be dis?
dance tutor

10 Likes

Re: A Little Bit Of This On Your Body Will Make You Dance Well On A Dance Floor. by duro4chang(m): 8:00pm On Jan 24, 2022
You are a bad person . That thing is very bad on skin. It is called werepe in yorubaland. Very very itchy.

2 Likes

Re: A Little Bit Of This On Your Body Will Make You Dance Well On A Dance Floor. by Ayo081(m): 8:36pm On Jan 24, 2022
Re: A Little Bit Of This On Your Body Will Make You Dance Well On A Dance Floor. by conscienceman4(m): 10:17pm On Jan 24, 2022
It can cure a drunk man of drunkuness in seconds.

1 Like

Re: A Little Bit Of This On Your Body Will Make You Dance Well On A Dance Floor. by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jan 24, 2022
Ágbàrà in igbo

4 Likes

Re: A Little Bit Of This On Your Body Will Make You Dance Well On A Dance Floor. by KingTom(m): 6:42am On Jan 25, 2022
akinmusi:

Other indigenous names?
Akpakwu ni o grin
Re: A Little Bit Of This On Your Body Will Make You Dance Well On A Dance Floor. by Walkee: 7:38am On Jan 25, 2022
If you are short of blood, squeeze the leaves and drink. That was our blood tonic when we were smaller.
Re: A Little Bit Of This On Your Body Will Make You Dance Well On A Dance Floor. by zealousayo(m): 8:02am On Jan 25, 2022
It's called werepe or yeesi in Yoruba. It made remember one of my classmates who brought the powdery it to school back then in Second Secondary. Mehn, that day was not funny.
Re: A Little Bit Of This On Your Body Will Make You Dance Well On A Dance Floor. by Tonymegabush1(m): 9:16am On Jan 25, 2022
We call it agbala if this touches your skin my brother my sister you will understand say somethings are better left the way you see them....

NB... I even meet some of it hanging on the electric cable infront of my house when I travelled for Xmas, hmmm me and you again. Well I decided to leave it there.. I no wan incur it's wrath again..

Re: A Little Bit Of This On Your Body Will Make You Dance Well On A Dance Floor. by ShenTeh(m): 9:16am On Jan 25, 2022
akinmusi:
A little bit of this on your body will make you dance well on a dance floor.

The good old days.

Myself and best friend at the time had a lot of stuff: textbooks, notebooks, etc in our huge desk locker on the last day of school. We had misplaced the key and had had to break it but wouldn't be able to take everything home.

So after 'brainstorming' our teenage minds, we remembered a place somewhere behind the mountains outside the school gate where we found a lot of these beans. We went and harvested them and waited till everybody had left the school. We put these everywhere in and around our seats and the locker and taped a paper 'Beware of Naked Wire' on the two seats.

Only problem we didn't envisage was that when the school resumed the whole school was 'dancing on the dancefloor'. We were summoned to the VPs office and our punishment after the flogs, was to travel the nearby homes and collect ashes and pour around the whole school. An exercise that lasted the whole school week.

GUSSK 97.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Little Bit Of This On Your Body Will Make You Dance Well On A Dance Floor. by Hardquy(m): 9:41am On Jan 25, 2022
Walkee:
If you are short of blood, squeeze the leaves and drink. That was our blood tonic when we were smaller.
its very good for removing pimples, acne, rashes and eczema

1 Like

Re: A Little Bit Of This On Your Body Will Make You Dance Well On A Dance Floor. by YourFavorite21(m): 10:21am On Jan 25, 2022
I no go fit recognise this thing If I see am sef . I could remember last year while I was travelling, and the bus that I boarded stopped at a filling station so that people can ease them selves, a girl searched for hidden corner to piss e be like say she no know say na devil beans be that, according to her the thing touch am for nyansh, grin grin she was shouting and dancing grin until some women applied some concoctions I think a mixture of palm oil and other stuffs, and she had to change her Clothe too

2 Likes

Re: A Little Bit Of This On Your Body Will Make You Dance Well On A Dance Floor. by Karleb(m): 10:23am On Jan 25, 2022
You go dance like Michael Jackson.
Re: A Little Bit Of This On Your Body Will Make You Dance Well On A Dance Floor. by heniford2: 10:36am On Jan 25, 2022
Abara in igbo very scary i never knew is so bad till it touched me chia grin cheesy
Re: A Little Bit Of This On Your Body Will Make You Dance Well On A Dance Floor. by rowland545(m): 10:52am On Jan 25, 2022
I remember what this thing made me go through in govt secondary sch jikwoyi Abuja...I will never forget...it made me fear women.....lemme share..

It was break time and news broke out that some students brought devils bean....popularly called karara...in fact we it karara I just found out now DAT d name is devils bean...

So some students were crying and scratching there body me being a new student and hearing the thing for the first time....I wanted to see it for myself and how it worked...and mind u I did not have friends yet I came into the sch barely a week....so I was just strolling around trying to see how people were scratching there body...

I then decided to go see the magic plant by myself I went to the tree just looked at it...and b4 I knew it the break was over and d bell rang.... So I went back to my class....mind u I did not even touch this thing.

When I got to my class I met ( Ene her real name) she was my sit mate and we were always fighting about who sits in d middle and who sits by d side...I came to sch new so we were usually 3 in a sit and this girls wanted me in d middle I did not like DAT so I think she hated me for that...

So back to d issue...when I arrived class Ene was already sitter so I don't know what got into me I touched her playfully telling her I put karara on her body while laughing... Next thing DAT happened the girl started scratching her body she even fainted she acted that script well that I did not know what was happening.

I tried to explain that I was joking...this girl no gree ooo next thing I know I was in our form's masters office and I chop like 12 lashes of koboko....

We were dismissed she came back e no do her she kept on crying and principal got to know and they ended up rounding me and others from other student who were putting it on peoples body....nah so dem call assembly for us. ..comot out cloth like thief....we were like 11 or so but we plenty.... I was only on boxers like a criminal. ...

Me that can cry back then I think I should b 14yrs old by that time....they flogged us disgraced us and threaten to put our name in black book and expel us...nah der my cry worst...

I heard if ur name entered black book no school will take u and u can't get political position ever....nh der I wan die I begin cry beg say I no do anything nobody believed me...

At the end we stayed in sch til 5pm serving punishment and all I remember when they locked us in a class room ....I was just thinking about my life....

Next day I saw Ene and she reminded me she promised to deal with me...and that she has done it that next time I should not try a woman that was her words....I just stood there feeling pains and I just realized I've learnt my first and important lesson from a woman....

2 Likes

Re: A Little Bit Of This On Your Body Will Make You Dance Well On A Dance Floor. by Sekoni003(m): 11:37am On Jan 25, 2022
rowland545:

Me that can cry back then I think I should b 14yrs old by that time....they flogged us disgraced us and threaten to put our name in black book and expel us...nah der my cry worst...

I heard if ur name entered black book no school will take u and u can't get political position ever....nh der I wan die I begin cry beg say I no do anything nobody believed me...

Dem use black book threaten you too? grin black book ko, Blue book ni cheesy ..May God bless all my teachers and grant the late ones eternal rest. I owe them all I am today smiley

2 Likes

Re: A Little Bit Of This On Your Body Will Make You Dance Well On A Dance Floor. by Mercury12(m): 12:36pm On Jan 25, 2022
Growing up in southern part we call it devil beans it is called in werepe in the west.
If you a kid that likes rough plays with neighborhood friends you should know how to spot and avoid this plant for your own good lol
Re: A Little Bit Of This On Your Body Will Make You Dance Well On A Dance Floor. by princeemmma(m): 12:54pm On Jan 25, 2022
this is what taught some village lads how to do brake dance grin grin grin
Re: A Little Bit Of This On Your Body Will Make You Dance Well On A Dance Floor. by rowland545(m): 1:01pm On Jan 25, 2022
Sekoni003:

Dem use black book threaten you too? grin black book ko, Blue book ni cheesy ..May God bless all my teachers and grant the late ones eternal rest. I owe them all I am today smiley
back then I fear black book pass my papa
Re: A Little Bit Of This On Your Body Will Make You Dance Well On A Dance Floor. by LikeAking: 1:03pm On Jan 25, 2022
Rubish!

(1) (Reply)

Guess The Year Tonto Dike Featured In This Song (throwback Video) / Ibadanpoly Post Pce / Lasu Direct Entry Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.