Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,901 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:54 PM

Swimmers Circled By White Shark Leaving Them Trapped In Australia (Pics, Video) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Swimmers Circled By White Shark Leaving Them Trapped In Australia (Pics, Video) (46327 Views)

Skeleton Of Man Trapped In Lava During Mount Vesuvius Eruption In 79 A.D.(Pics) / Jaws: Divers Spots World's Largest White Shark 2.5tons In Hawaii(Pics) / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Swimmers Circled By White Shark Leaving Them Trapped In Australia (Pics, Video) by silibaba: 6:39am On Jan 25, 2022
MufasaLion:

It's a fish, brother. It's bite is something I'd never wish on anybody. You can read more about the fish.

Have you been bitten by this fish coz you wrote like you have got an experience.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Swimmers Circled By White Shark Leaving Them Trapped In Australia (Pics, Video) by iPresh4s(m): 6:42am On Jan 25, 2022
Wetin dem dey go find for there sef?
Re: Swimmers Circled By White Shark Leaving Them Trapped In Australia (Pics, Video) by DabuIIIT: 7:01am On Jan 25, 2022
I once caught a little shark in Gabon waters... Mehn,it was so strong that I had to pull and pull the line and had to use bucket to finally bring it onboard grin
Re: Swimmers Circled By White Shark Leaving Them Trapped In Australia (Pics, Video) by freshalien: 7:49am On Jan 25, 2022
God1000:
What are they doing there? They can't claim not to know how dangerous the place is.

White people are mad sometimes. You and I both know these won’t be the last people killed by shark in that area. Despite three confirmed deaths, people would continue to swim there.
Re: Swimmers Circled By White Shark Leaving Them Trapped In Australia (Pics, Video) by MufasaLion: 7:50am On Jan 25, 2022
silibaba:

Have you been bitten by this fish coz you write like you have got an experience.

No, I haven't been bitten by Piranha before. I know about them through curiosity and thirst for knowledge. It pays to read and seek knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Swimmers Circled By White Shark Leaving Them Trapped In Australia (Pics, Video) by MufasaLion: 7:52am On Jan 25, 2022
Benprass:

That evil fish.

If that fish get hold of you just forget about your life.

Right.
Re: Swimmers Circled By White Shark Leaving Them Trapped In Australia (Pics, Video) by MufasaLion: 7:52am On Jan 25, 2022
Fame1309:

Have you had any experience with the fish before?

No, I read about them. Reading is good.
Re: Swimmers Circled By White Shark Leaving Them Trapped In Australia (Pics, Video) by MufasaLion: 7:53am On Jan 25, 2022
Brokeloser:

Nah sharks are far worse than piranhas.Piranhas got their bad rep from teddy Roosevelt after visiting the amazon.

Go and do your findings and come back to delete your submission.
Re: Swimmers Circled By White Shark Leaving Them Trapped In Australia (Pics, Video) by MufasaLion: 7:53am On Jan 25, 2022
Odewaleadesoye:

Thanks for the clarity boss.

You're welcome, Chief.
Re: Swimmers Circled By White Shark Leaving Them Trapped In Australia (Pics, Video) by Brokeloser: 7:59am On Jan 25, 2022
MufasaLion:

You could have submitted a counter fact instead of assuming I was speaking based on hear say.

1 Like

Re: Swimmers Circled By White Shark Leaving Them Trapped In Australia (Pics, Video) by MufasaLion: 8:09am On Jan 25, 2022
Brokeloser:

You could have submitted a counter fact instead of assuming I was speaking based on hear say.

This is one out of many websites for you to read: https://theworld.org/stories/2012-12-21/piranha-may-have-worlds-strongest-bite
Re: Swimmers Circled By White Shark Leaving Them Trapped In Australia (Pics, Video) by JackWolfskin: 8:11am On Jan 25, 2022
MufasaLion:

You're the one who should make findings.

The idea that a piranha could rip a human to shreds is probably more legend than fact, too. For the curious, Popular Science spoke to some experts who estimate that stripping the flesh from a 180-pound human in 5 minutes would require approximately 300 to 500 piranhas. Cases of heart attack and epilepsy that ended with the afflicted drowning in a South American river do show evidence of piranha nibbles, but in those instances, the victim was already deceased when piranhas got involved.

While the myth of the man-eating piranha belongs to movie theaters, the Internet has a wealth of mysterious footage of piranha packs taking down capybaras. Some piranhas do occasionally eat small mammals, but as with humans, it’s usually when the unfortunate animal is already dead or gravely injured.

Source. https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/14-fun-facts-about-piranhas-180951948/

1 Like

Re: Swimmers Circled By White Shark Leaving Them Trapped In Australia (Pics, Video) by Teespice(f): 8:15am On Jan 25, 2022
Odewaleadesoye:

What is Piranhas?

Way worse than sharks.
Re: Swimmers Circled By White Shark Leaving Them Trapped In Australia (Pics, Video) by investigator007: 8:28am On Jan 25, 2022
People sabi take risk sha
Re: Swimmers Circled By White Shark Leaving Them Trapped In Australia (Pics, Video) by investigator007: 8:28am On Jan 25, 2022
MufasaLion:
I still fear Piranhas more than Sharks.
I have seen a movie about it, but do they actually exist?
Re: Swimmers Circled By White Shark Leaving Them Trapped In Australia (Pics, Video) by MufasaLion: 8:34am On Jan 25, 2022
investigator007:
I have seen a movie about it, but do they actually exist?

Yes, they do. They are in South America.
Re: Swimmers Circled By White Shark Leaving Them Trapped In Australia (Pics, Video) by Brokeloser: 8:36am On Jan 25, 2022
MufasaLion:

This is one out of many websites for you to read: https://theworld.org/stories/2012-12-21/piranha-may-have-worlds-strongest-bite

Are you serious bro? Because an ant can lift up to 50x its own weight does that mean that it should be feared more a cobra hatchling.

The study clearing states that a piranha MAY have more bite force than a great white,so my question to you is would rather be bitten by a great white shark or a piranha?

2 Likes

Re: Swimmers Circled By White Shark Leaving Them Trapped In Australia (Pics, Video) by investigator007: 8:38am On Jan 25, 2022
MufasaLion:

Yes, they do. They are in South America.
okay, I thought they were just a myth
Re: Swimmers Circled By White Shark Leaving Them Trapped In Australia (Pics, Video) by MufasaLion: 8:40am On Jan 25, 2022
Brokeloser:

Are you serious bro? Because an ant can lift up to 50x its own weight does that mean that it should be feared more a cobra hatchling.

The study clearing states that a piranha MAY have more bite force than a great white,so my question to you is would rather be bitten by a great white shark or a piranha?

I would rather die land than in a water, worst of it, by a shark or piranhas. I have phobia for large waters and many water creatures.
Re: Swimmers Circled By White Shark Leaving Them Trapped In Australia (Pics, Video) by MufasaLion: 8:41am On Jan 25, 2022
investigator007:
okay, I thought they were just a myth

No, they ain't. You can read journals and books on it.
Re: Swimmers Circled By White Shark Leaving Them Trapped In Australia (Pics, Video) by investigator007: 8:42am On Jan 25, 2022
MufasaLion:

No, they ain't. You can read journals and books on it.
okay will do.
Re: Swimmers Circled By White Shark Leaving Them Trapped In Australia (Pics, Video) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 9:05am On Jan 25, 2022
Re: Swimmers Circled By White Shark Leaving Them Trapped In Australia (Pics, Video) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 9:06am On Jan 25, 2022
Re: Swimmers Circled By White Shark Leaving Them Trapped In Australia (Pics, Video) by Brokeloser: 9:18am On Jan 25, 2022
MufasaLion:

I would rather die land than in a water, worst of it, by a shark or piranhas. I have phobia for large waters and many water creatures.
No be lie sha.Water worse pass land.
Re: Swimmers Circled By White Shark Leaving Them Trapped In Australia (Pics, Video) by BennixB(m): 1:30pm On Jan 25, 2022
MufasaLion:
I still fear Piranhas more than Sharks.

Piranhas RARELY attack humans and HARDLY kill humans.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NAF Aircraft Crashes In Kaduna / Husband And Wife Crushed To Death While Returning From Market In Enugu. Graphic / Trump's Fan Who Wants To Run Away From The US Trailed By Hilarious Reactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.