Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,689 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Machine Learning Is A Piece Of Cake? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Machine Learning Is A Piece Of Cake? (1076 Views)

Why Machine Learning Is Important / For Those Willing To Be Data Analyst, Machine Learning Guru / Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Machine Learning Is A Piece Of Cake? by thanksjosh005: 3:44am On Jan 25, 2022
Machine learning!

I was feeling overwhelmed trying to understand machine learning as I was going into it (maybe just for the fun of it), perhaps...

I find out there's not so much difficulty in it. If you know how to run codes with python, you can do well with machine learning. But you have to understand concepts in machine learning like those supervised, unsupervised, semisupervised and the reinforcement because they're (one of) the core aspect(s) of Machine Learning(AI).

1 Like

Re: Machine Learning Is A Piece Of Cake? by jesmond3945: 6:05am On Jan 25, 2022
Can you write a library from scratch
Re: Machine Learning Is A Piece Of Cake? by UncleAyo: 10:42am On Jan 25, 2022
jesmond3945:
I laugh when I saw this.

Same way somebody on this platform said "data science does not involve a lot of programming". maybe i've been wasting several hours daily writing codes.
Re: Machine Learning Is A Piece Of Cake? by jesmond3945: 11:11am On Jan 25, 2022
UncleAyo:

I laugh when I saw this.

Same way somebody on this platform said "data science does not involve a lot of programming". maybe i've been wasting several hours daily writing codes.
grin
Re: Machine Learning Is A Piece Of Cake? by dauddy97(m): 11:21am On Jan 25, 2022
jesmond3945:
So, writing a whole library from scratch makes you a full data scientist or machine learning engineer?
Re: Machine Learning Is A Piece Of Cake? by jesmond3945: 11:38am On Jan 25, 2022
dauddy97:

So, writing a whole library from scratch makes you a full data scientist or machine learning engineer?
what seperates you from other scientists or stands you out. Everybody can use rmm but not everybody can create one.
Re: Machine Learning Is A Piece Of Cake? by dapojaja(m): 2:24pm On Jan 25, 2022
How can a novice go into machine learning from JS perspective?
Re: Machine Learning Is A Piece Of Cake? by jesmond3945: 5:13pm On Jan 25, 2022
dapojaja:
learn data structures and algorithms with js
Re: Machine Learning Is A Piece Of Cake? by Genesiszero: 8:25am On Jan 26, 2022
jesmond3945:
learn data structures and algorithms with js

Learn this two first, data structure and Algorithm first before learning just what perceptron is, after these you can start talking about writing your own Neural networks....... Being unique from others is the main Thing..... So I think op should listen to your comment
Re: Machine Learning Is A Piece Of Cake? by Nicesoul(m): 10:36am On Jan 26, 2022
Good morning all,

Who can teach Python here? What's the cost and duration? I'm told a good knowledge of Python will help one good as a data scientist. I can be reached on lateeph@gmail.com. We can move the discussion from my email. I won't mind important learning resources too or link to learn too.

I will appreciate prompt response.

Thank you.
Re: Machine Learning Is A Piece Of Cake? by thanksjosh005: 4:45pm On Jan 26, 2022
jesmond3945:

With the enough time and resources.... Yes, I can. This is also particularly based off of what kind of library you're proposing.
Re: Machine Learning Is A Piece Of Cake? by thanksjosh005: 4:54pm On Jan 26, 2022
dapojaja:

With JS, you're good to go. It's no obstacle to learning ML. But in machine learning, I've discovered Python to be rated over other languages like C/C++, R, JavaScript...
You should choose one area to have an expertise on for same machine learning. For example, Python has certain libraries like Numpy, scipy, pandas, matplotlib that you would want to know how to implement in creating machine learning algorithms. You may want to be good in these area (python) or focus on JavaScript which has its own set of libraries too like the tensorflow.js, machinelearn.js et cetra.
So my bottomline is Python over JavaScript? Python is the way to go considering how it is used in ML over others
Re: Machine Learning Is A Piece Of Cake? by thanksjosh005: 5:15pm On Jan 26, 2022
Nicesoul:
Good morning all,

Who can teach Python here? What's the cost and duration? I'm told a good knowledge of Python will help one good as a data scientist. I can be reached on lateeph@gmail.com. We can move the discussion from my email. I won't mind important learning resources too or link to learn too.

I will appreciate prompt response.

Thank you.

Hi, do you have a laptop or desktop for your training?
Re: Machine Learning Is A Piece Of Cake? by Nicesoul(m): 5:31pm On Jan 26, 2022
Yes, i do have a laptop.

Thanks
Re: Machine Learning Is A Piece Of Cake? by Nicesoul(m): 5:31pm On Jan 26, 2022
thanksjosh005:

Yes, i have a laptop.

Thanks
Re: Machine Learning Is A Piece Of Cake? by 3exe3: 7:06pm On Jan 26, 2022
Genesiszero:

Learn this two first, data structure and Algorithm first before learning just what perceptron is, after these you can start talking about writing your own Neural networks....... Being unique from others is the main Thing..... So I think op should listen to your comment

Any site or book u can recommend?
Re: Machine Learning Is A Piece Of Cake? by dauddy97(m): 5:39pm On Jan 28, 2022
jesmond3945:
what seperates you from other scientists or stands you out. Everybody can use rmm but not everybody can create one.
"It's advisable to use production ready framework provided by scikit learn and tensor flow rather than creating toy version algorithm" All for trying to prove yourself. Quoted From - hands on Machine Learning with scikit learn.... Forgotten the author name.
Re: Machine Learning Is A Piece Of Cake? by Princelyod(m): 9:28am On Jan 29, 2022
If you re in ph and can tutor me on python, please reach me on princelyod.pa@gmail.com
Re: Machine Learning Is A Piece Of Cake? by ekanDamie: 5:37pm On Feb 02, 2022
thanksjosh005:

Are u willing to teach python sir

(1) (Reply)

The Most Popular Backend Frameworks For Web Development In 2023 / Learning Assembly And Looking For Assembly Programmers / Multiple Thumbprint Detection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.