Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

How Kano Hisbah Oppresses And Brutalizes The Poor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Kano Hisbah Oppresses And Brutalizes The Poor (11469 Views)

Kano Hisbah: Sharing Zahrad Bayero's Wedding Photos Is A Sin / Sani Rimo: Kano Hisbah Commander Caught In Hotel With Married Woman (Pictures) / The More Buhari Oppresses The Igbos The More They Thrive - Reno On Enugu Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Kano Hisbah Oppresses And Brutalizes The Poor by Shehuyinka: 10:39am On Jan 25, 2022
IN Kano state, religious police known as Hisbah are violating the freedom of many Nigerians in the name of religion. The Hisbah operations have also been surrounded by hypocrisy and preference to persecute the low and middle-class residents of the state. The ICIR’s Lukman ABOLADE reports.

At around 11 p.m. one Sunday evening in June 2021, a student of Bayero University, Kano Racheal James* and her three other roommates, were having dinner in their sitting room when they began to hear loud knocks on the door and voices shouting ‘open this door’ in the Hausa language.

“They were banging the door like they wanted to break in, telling us to open the door. When they came in, I was scared because they held long machetes and big long sticks called (Gora). I felt they were going to kill me,” Racheal said.

She told The ICIR that it took a few minutes for her to recognise that the men who came into their house were the Hisbah religious police officers.

The Hisbah in Kano is religious police established by the State government to enforce Sharia laws among Muslims.

Racheal said one of the Hisbah officers pulled her by her hair when she refused to follow them into their patrol van.

“I did not want to follow them; one of them just pulled me by my hair and dragged me into their Peugeot van that midnight,” she narrated.

Racheal and her roommates inquired what offence they had committed; the Hisbah officers said she was cohabiting with male students.

A day in Hisbah cell

After their arrests, the Hisbah officers went to other houses in the community to enforce more arrests that night.

“When we eventually got to their office, they kept us in a room that night and took the guys elsewhere and early in the morning, they took us to another place where they kept other arrested persons,” Racheal said.

She told The ICIR that there were many young female children of about eight, ten and fifteen years old that the Hisbah Police arrested.

Racheal said a pregnant child of about 15 years was locked up with chains and padlock inside the cell.

They said she escaped from her husband’s house, so they beat her up tied her legs with heavy chains and padlock; even though she was pregnant, they still beat her up, and she was bleeding. It was terrible,” she said.

She noted that most of the children in the female custody of the Hisbah had spent about one month in their custody.

On Thursday evening, Racheal was asked to sign an undertaking that she would not stay with men anymore or be charged to court.

“They wrote it themselves and told me to sign under it, I was later released on Thursday evening around 8:30 p.m., and I already missed my test.
https://www.icirnigeria.org/report-how-nigerias-religious-police-hisbah-repress-freedom-in-kano/

Re: How Kano Hisbah Oppresses And Brutalizes The Poor by Nobody: 10:40am On Jan 25, 2022
get out,we are the Hisbah.. go and sleep
idiots with quote me

2 Likes

Re: How Kano Hisbah Oppresses And Brutalizes The Poor by Sabadon(m): 11:51am On Jan 25, 2022
Only in Nigeria you will see two different constitution operational in a soverign state and yet the government turn a blind eye to it.......

91 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Kano Hisbah Oppresses And Brutalizes The Poor by crio: 11:51am On Jan 25, 2022
I still dey read...

Done.
What a news
Re: How Kano Hisbah Oppresses And Brutalizes The Poor by FalseProphet1(m): 11:51am On Jan 25, 2022
Everyone including Buhari is silent about hisbah because they're fighting for Islam, even if it means going against the consistutition.

If it was IPOB by now buhari and his minions would have been masturbating up and down.

Anyways by 2023, hisbah would cease to exist.

This I have seen.

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Kano Hisbah Oppresses And Brutalizes The Poor by olabrad: 11:51am On Jan 25, 2022
Northern Muslims are true religion slaves

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Kano Hisbah Oppresses And Brutalizes The Poor by LilyColin(f): 11:51am On Jan 25, 2022
Abokîs are not complaining.

Everything is wrong with a random abokî

7 Likes

Re: How Kano Hisbah Oppresses And Brutalizes The Poor by Thisis2raw(m): 11:52am On Jan 25, 2022
All developikg nations all over the world, no country have such a useless body called hisbah

42 Likes

Re: How Kano Hisbah Oppresses And Brutalizes The Poor by BIGDADDY000(m): 11:52am On Jan 25, 2022
LUNATICS PEOPLE!, LUNATICS STATE!, LUNATICS COUNTRY!. with all these northern ideology, Nigeria will still continue to remain under developed country.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Kano Hisbah Oppresses And Brutalizes The Poor by Brendaniel: 11:52am On Jan 25, 2022
If you are reading this and you see nothing wrong with Hisbah, then you shouldn't be in the same country with the south( especially the south east), I was telling one northern muslim here on nairaland that the reason why I want a division of the country is because our ideologies are not the same, What the south wants is not what the north wants, I'm reading this news from a southern state and I am angry because I was told the same hisbah and the shariah states are part and parcel of a country I was told belongs to me, this is the same way a nothern muslim will be reading about boys and girls in the south going to clubs and drinking alcohol in the south will be getting angry for the same reason.

MUST WE BE TOGETHER TO BE AT LOGGERHEADS OR SEPARATE TO HAVE PEACE...

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Kano Hisbah Oppresses And Brutalizes The Poor by dmedicare(m): 11:52am On Jan 25, 2022
Ok
Re: How Kano Hisbah Oppresses And Brutalizes The Poor by TheABOMINATION: 11:52am On Jan 25, 2022
This Hisbah guys, they ban and arrest people for things their members do in secret. Bunch of hypocritical sons of bitches.

7 Likes

Re: How Kano Hisbah Oppresses And Brutalizes The Poor by olabrad: 11:52am On Jan 25, 2022
Hisbah21:
get out,we are the Hisbah.. go and sleep

idiots with quote me

You need deliverance

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Kano Hisbah Oppresses And Brutalizes The Poor by Bannedidiot(f): 11:52am On Jan 25, 2022
Ok
Re: How Kano Hisbah Oppresses And Brutalizes The Poor by Mopolchi: 11:53am On Jan 25, 2022
Na today...when dem see governor pikin dey do di same thing, dem go dey loyal angry

5 Likes

Re: How Kano Hisbah Oppresses And Brutalizes The Poor by robinso01(m): 11:53am On Jan 25, 2022
Welcome to Nigeria where everyone abuses any power given to them.

4 Likes

Re: How Kano Hisbah Oppresses And Brutalizes The Poor by Authoreety: 11:53am On Jan 25, 2022
Enjoy it while it lazts
Re: How Kano Hisbah Oppresses And Brutalizes The Poor by GOTVee: 11:53am On Jan 25, 2022
sad
Re: How Kano Hisbah Oppresses And Brutalizes The Poor by Foreign231(m): 11:54am On Jan 25, 2022
I read from A to Z but I couldn’t pinpoint what your offense was ? This is hilarious

2 Likes

Re: How Kano Hisbah Oppresses And Brutalizes The Poor by Redomi(m): 11:54am On Jan 25, 2022
There is northing in that region except religion fanatic.
If you guys truly believe there is somewhere called paradise and it is better than this world, stop going to America, kill yourself and go to Paradise.
Leave us to enjoy our world.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Kano Hisbah Oppresses And Brutalizes The Poor by Xtianah09: 11:55am On Jan 25, 2022
North is really cursed

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Kano Hisbah Oppresses And Brutalizes The Poor by Jackiedemie(m): 11:55am On Jan 25, 2022
This is hilarious. Which way my country,
Re: How Kano Hisbah Oppresses And Brutalizes The Poor by tutudesz: 11:55am On Jan 25, 2022
Another group that should be treated like Criminals undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Kano Hisbah Oppresses And Brutalizes The Poor by Ykc2(m): 11:55am On Jan 25, 2022
I won't blame hiabah police, I will only blame those parents that allow their child to school in north thinking we are one nigeria

6 Likes

Re: How Kano Hisbah Oppresses And Brutalizes The Poor by kings09(m): 11:56am On Jan 25, 2022
Imagine if there's christian police or traditional religious police, Hindu police, infact make all religion get police.....afterall Nigeria is a federation.
Re: How Kano Hisbah Oppresses And Brutalizes The Poor by Nobody: 11:56am On Jan 25, 2022
May God help us all
Re: How Kano Hisbah Oppresses And Brutalizes The Poor by Macphenson: 11:57am On Jan 25, 2022
Hypocritical idiots. When they see the children of their elites, they wi hide in their houses. Only showing their power on the hapless masses.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Kano Hisbah Oppresses And Brutalizes The Poor by Ijaya123: 11:57am On Jan 25, 2022
No surprise here at all. They can only go for the poor. Can they go near anything that belongs to Ganduje, Sanusi, Saraki, Kwankwaso and the likes?

Bunch of hypocrites.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Kano Hisbah Oppresses And Brutalizes The Poor by PStacks(m): 11:57am On Jan 25, 2022
Religion na scam
Re: How Kano Hisbah Oppresses And Brutalizes The Poor by Cantonese: 11:57am On Jan 25, 2022
Nonsense people

1 Like

Re: How Kano Hisbah Oppresses And Brutalizes The Poor by googlepikins: 11:58am On Jan 25, 2022
These Sudanese refugees camping in Nigeria.

It's time to kick them out of Nigeria

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Faction Protests Against Osun CP, Demands His Redeployment / Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? / Buhari Govt, Worst Ever - Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.