Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,395 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

6 Signs Of A Fake Life You Could Be Living Without Even You Knowing - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 6 Signs Of A Fake Life You Could Be Living Without Even You Knowing (1884 Views)

6 Signs Of Maturity. / Top Grammatical Errors You Make Without Knowing / 6 Signs that Shows You Are Intelligent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Signs Of A Fake Life You Could Be Living Without Even You Knowing by Hardquy(m): 2:00pm On Jan 25, 2022
It’s nice to think you’re living your most authentic life, but that’s not always true. So many people live a fake life and miss out of the fullness of existence.
An authentic life is the opposite of fake life, of course. When you live authentically, you live to your fullest potential, and you present yourself as you truly are. It’s not the same as living a fake version of life. It’s almost as if we’re actors playing parts in a strange movie.
Authentic or fake?
I grew up in the southern region of the U.S., and I know I might offend some people when I say this, but there are many fake people around here. I learned this early in school. My best friend told me it would get better after high school, but it didn’t really change all that much with most of the people I meet. You see, I try to be as real as possible in my life, but I’m sure I’ve picked up a few of those toxic traits.
But regardless, living a fake life will basically never lead you to your purpose in life.
How to tell if you’re living a fake life?
1. You wear masks
When I say “masks”, I don’t mean for Halloween. No, I mean, when you live a fake life, you tend to pretend to be something you’re not. This starts with your face. Some people cannot catch a fake smile, but I can. I’ve been trained to see that quick smile turn into a smirk, and it lets me know I’m dealing with someone whose life is on a fake schedule, so to speak. Then their body language follows with fake hugs etc.
Wearing masks allows these people to pretend to like you when they rather judge and criticize your differences. You cannot live an authentic life as long as you’re wearing those masks and throwing around those fake compliments.
You will know them by their overly-generous and cheerful nature. Watch closely, and they will take those masks off for you. If this is you behind the mask, stop! Just stop doing this and let everyone know what you really think. It might not be a positive statement, but at least it’s real.
2. You say you’re “okay” all the time
Maybe you are okay. I don’t really know. But so many of you aren’t okay, both physically and mentally, and you need serious help. Maybe you’re telling your husband, children, and your friends that you’re okay, and the truth is, you’re falling apart inside. Maybe you’re in pain from chronic illness but just get tired of complaining to others.
So many times, depression and illness can get such a hold on you that you cannot explain what you’re really feeling, and all you can do is say you’re okay. If you’re doing this, try once to be strong and say, “No, I’m not okay, and I am not happy .” This could be your road to a real breakthrough.
3. You’re sleeping too much
If you’ve noticed that you’re sleeping much more than you used to, you could be living a fake life. Trying to be strong when you don’t want to fake it will make you crawl into hibernation mode. While awake, you fake happiness.
When you’re sleeping, you don’t have to deal with the negative things in life, those things that you don’t want to face. Maybe you have relationship problems, and the only thing you can do is sleep to avoid fixing the problems. This is especially true is you haven’t had any luck with communication in the past. If it didn’t work with the last discussion, you figure it won’t work in another, and so you sleep to find peace.
4. Fake social media posts
Often when someone is living a fake life, they will post pictures of their loving families. Don’t get me wrong, there’s nothing wrong with that, it’s just the worst cases will post these pictures every day, several times a day. It’s as if they are lying to the world and to themselves at the same time.
If you’re faking your life, you will also be pretty obsessed with selfies as well, and make statements like, “Living the good life!” Let’s face it, you’re not.
5. Friends aren’t loyal
You’re probably living a life that’s fake if your friends aren’t loyal. And how do you figure out if your friends are loyal? That’s easy. Pay attention to who is there for you in the good times and who is there for you in the bad times as well. If you notice all your friends disappearing when something negative happens to you, then guess what,
those aren’t your friends. You’ve been living in a fake social circle.
6. Stuck in the past
Here’s the one you’ve probably never thought of before. You know how you sit around and reminisce about days gone by, yeah, that’s okay. Sometimes, however, you can get stuck thinking about loved ones that you’ve lost. The life you have now can turn into a dismal existence of pining for those you cannot get back.
Did you hear me? You cannot get back those you have lost to death. It’s nice to think back on holidays and adventures, but it’s normal to only allow yourself to dwell there for a certain amount of time. If you find yourself living in the past from day to day, then you are living a fake life…a life that isn’t yours anymore. It also belongs to the past.
Please take off the mask
I’ve lived decades of my life wearing a mask…or, at least I tried. The smile on that thing grew bigger as my heart and soul grew smaller. Until I was able to break it in half and throw it away, I never really lived at all. I lived a fake life, but I don’t want you to do the same.
Living a real life, life based on truth and loyalty, helps you develop a goal or purpose. Living your true purpose can hence help you to live a longer life as well. So, here’s what you do:
Find out who you are, and never be anyone else. Trust me, it’s not worth the lost time.

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.learning-mind.com/fake-life-signs/amp/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Signs Of A Fake Life You Could Be Living Without Even You Knowing by quintessence007(f): 2:45pm On Jan 25, 2022
Nawa o. That's sleep part got me o. Fake people sleep alot that means babies are fake too. Nice one op

1 Like

Re: 6 Signs Of A Fake Life You Could Be Living Without Even You Knowing by Hardquy(m): 3:19pm On Jan 25, 2022
quintessence007:
Nawa o. That's sleep part got me o. Fake people sleep alot that means babies are fake too. Nice one op
i no talk that one o. babies matter na another trabaye
Re: 6 Signs Of A Fake Life You Could Be Living Without Even You Knowing by Magnoliaa(f): 11:25pm On Jan 25, 2022
I don't agree with all...
Re: 6 Signs Of A Fake Life You Could Be Living Without Even You Knowing by Saviourfresh: 12:17am On Jan 26, 2022
Perfect, not everyone knows this
Re: 6 Signs Of A Fake Life You Could Be Living Without Even You Knowing by MaverickA3: 2:50am On Jan 26, 2022
This post is fake itself. Why does sleeping too much means you are living a fake life?

1 Like

Re: 6 Signs Of A Fake Life You Could Be Living Without Even You Knowing by WoundedLamb: 5:50am On Jan 26, 2022
OP, thanks for sharing. As insightful as the post is, I do not really agree with the points. I'm going to share my take on each. Please, feel free to point me in the right direction where you feel I'm getting it all wrong.

1) When you smile, it's neither because you're fake nor because you're pretending to be okay. Your smile puts others at ease. If all it will take you to make the second party more comfortable is just a smile, by all means, please put it on. Your smile reassures others. It makes them less self conscious. Your smile makes you approachable. When you smile, others smile back and you also get the benefits. Smiling reduces tension. Sometimes, we consciously do it against all odds. We wear it like a mask even when we are fighting our inner battles. It doesn't make us fake, it makes us humans. I don't subscribe to "don't smile when you don't mean it" because in many cases, there's actually nothing to mean except the need to smile. That's why we smile at strangers even before any dialog. smiley

2) I don't think anyone is really okay. Lol. People are always going through one thing or the other. However, they choose whom they tell what. Someone who tells you they're OK isn't necessarily living a fake life, they just don't think there's anything you can do to help them. Such a person might open up to another person. Yes, there are people who aren't good at opening up or receiving help. This could be due to lack of trust or some past experiences. I think being fake should be judged by the goal and not just the action cause people could close up for many reasons

3) Sleeping too much? Lol... OP, please.

4) Please, let's not make victims feel guilty. If your friend is not loyal to you, he is a jerk. Do not take responsibility for his actions. Don't beat yourself up about it. That guy that sold Jesus wasn't loyal to him and I don't think Jesus was living a fake life. People will always do themselves regardless how you treat or relate with them.

5) Fake social media posts might be wrong, but the example you gave doesn't do justice to that. We all post pictures of our loving families primarily because those are the memories we wish to hold on to. I don't think anyone takes pictures of fighting family members. Even those that bring family issues online are heavily criticized for that. Don't get me wrong, fake social media life is ugly, I just don't think pics of the good times we've had with our families make us fake simply because we also have bad times.

6) While it's not good to be stuck in the past, I just don't really see how that makes you fake.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Signs Of A Fake Life You Could Be Living Without Even You Knowing by Nobody: 9:44am On Jan 26, 2022
It's not by force to blog ...
Re: 6 Signs Of A Fake Life You Could Be Living Without Even You Knowing by winner37(m): 9:43am On Apr 06, 2022
It makes sense.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Graduates Unfit for Employment? / Last Medicine Cut Off For Lautech / Cyprus International University's Visit To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.