Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,842 members, 7,828,071 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Lagos Unveils Yellow, Blue, Purple And Green Rail Projects In Future - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Unveils Yellow, Blue, Purple And Green Rail Projects In Future (2408 Views)

Southwest States To Launch Regional Electricity, Rail Projects / Standard Chartered To Replace China Loans For Rail Projects In Nigeria / Rotimi Amaechi And The 2 Controversial Rail Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Unveils Yellow, Blue, Purple And Green Rail Projects In Future by Biodun556(m): 4:24pm On Jan 25, 2022
https://www.globalmasstransit.net/archive.php?id=8979

According to LAMATA, the urban transport implementation agency of the state, the six rail systems that are differentiated by colours are: Green line, Purple line, Yellow line, Orange line, Blue line and Red line.

Green Line is a 68km rail designed to run through Marina, Victoria Island, Lekki Phase 1, Ajah, Lekki 2, Ogombo, Elepetu, Eluju, Lekki Airport and Lekki Free Trade Zone and projected to carry over 495,000 passengers per day at starting, rising to over a million in 2031.

Purple Line is a 60km rail designed to run through Redemption Camp, Mowe, Long Bridge, Isheri, Toll Gate, Omole, Ogba, Agege, Iyana Ipaja, Isheri Osun, Igando, Iba, Estate, LASU, Okokomaiko and Ojo. It is projected to move 549,000 per day, and could do 1.3 million by 2031.

Read Also: Lagos rail lines begin commercial operations 2023 – Sanwo-Olu

Yellow Line is a 34km rail system designed to traverse Otta, Meran, Alimosho, Ipaja, Isheri Osun, Ejigbo, Mafoluku, Isolo, Surulere and the National Theatre, with a projected daily capacity of 238,000 passengers, rising to 486,000 passengers in 2031.

Also captured in the rail mass transportation plan is Orange Line:
This 48km line is designed to run through Ikeja, Alausa, Magodo, Mile 12, Irawo, Itolowo, MajidunAwori, Majidun Ogolonto, Agric Ikorodu, Alapadi, Maya, Eligana, Isiwu, Ibere, Imota and Agbowa in Ikorodu, and will move about 378,000 daily by 2031.

While these four rail lines have remained only on paper, the Blue and Red lines have been receiving attention.
Re: Lagos Unveils Yellow, Blue, Purple And Green Rail Projects In Future by Biodun556(m): 4:25pm On Jan 25, 2022
Re: Lagos Unveils Yellow, Blue, Purple And Green Rail Projects In Future by RuddyFusion(m): 4:34pm On Jan 25, 2022
Still a dream
Re: Lagos Unveils Yellow, Blue, Purple And Green Rail Projects In Future by Is04970: 4:38pm On Jan 25, 2022
Lagos leads

1 Like

Re: Lagos Unveils Yellow, Blue, Purple And Green Rail Projects In Future by Omooba77: 4:41pm On Jan 25, 2022
Biodun556:
https://www.globalmasstransit.net/archive.php?id=8979

According to LAMATA, the urban transport implementation agency of the state, the six rail systems that are differentiated by colours are: Green line, Purple line, Yellow line, Orange line, Blue line and Red line.

Green Line is a 68km rail designed to run through Marina, Victoria Island, Lekki Phase 1, Ajah, Lekki 2, Ogombo, Elepetu, Eluju, Lekki Airport and Lekki Free Trade Zone and projected to carry over 495,000 passengers per day at starting, rising to over a million in 2031.

Purple Line is a 60km rail designed to run through Redemption Camp, Mowe, Long Bridge, Isheri, Toll Gate, Omole, Ogba, Agege, Iyana Ipaja, Isheri Osun, Igando, Iba, Estate, LASU, Okokomaiko and Ojo. It is projected to move 549,000 per day, and could do 1.3 million by 2031.

Read Also: Lagos rail lines begin commercial operations 2023 – Sanwo-Olu

Yellow Line is a 34km rail system designed to traverse Otta, Meran, Alimosho, Ipaja, Isheri Osun, Ejigbo, Mafoluku, Isolo, Surulere and the National Theatre, with a projected daily capacity of 238,000 passengers, rising to 486,000 passengers in 2031.

Also captured in the rail mass transportation plan is Orange Line:
This 48km line is designed to run through Ikeja, Alausa, Magodo, Mile 12, Irawo, Itolowo, MajidunAwori, Majidun Ogolonto, Agric Ikorodu, Alapadi, Maya, Eligana, Isiwu, Ibere, Imota and Agbowa in Ikorodu, and will move about 378,000 daily by 2031.

While these four rail lines have remained only on paper, the Blue and Red lines have been receiving attention.

Nobody is even thinking......
How will they build without destroying House....
Lekki axis need urgent attention...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Unveils Yellow, Blue, Purple And Green Rail Projects In Future by Biodun556(m): 4:49pm On Jan 25, 2022
Omooba77:

Nobody is even thinking......
How will they build without destroying House....
Lekki axis need urgent attention...

They are already destroying houses. A lot of houses were demolished along Badagry Express road for rail and the road. Houses were demolished for the red line in Ikeja

1 Like

Re: Lagos Unveils Yellow, Blue, Purple And Green Rail Projects In Future by Tinubuadvocate: 4:51pm On Jan 25, 2022
God will need Tinubu in the center.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Unveils Yellow, Blue, Purple And Green Rail Projects In Future by Koralords: 4:57pm On Jan 25, 2022
RuddyFusion:
Still a dream
Why would it not be a dream when your gov can’t Construct ordinary fly over,bad belle

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Unveils Yellow, Blue, Purple And Green Rail Projects In Future by Omooba77: 5:00pm On Jan 25, 2022
Biodun556:

They are already destroying houses. A lot of houses were demolished along Badagry Express road for rail and the road. Houses were demolished for the red line in Ikeja

That is my thinking....Those houses destroyed at Orile are still like that and nothing done to complete the project....
Most of the design are not too good. Look at Abeokuta-Lagos BRT, see the problem caused at Cement/Mangoro.....
I pray they complete and enough of pointing pilate....
All the projects combined are not up to 120km....
Lagos can not complete in 16 years plus....

1 Like

Re: Lagos Unveils Yellow, Blue, Purple And Green Rail Projects In Future by Biodun556(m): 5:15pm On Jan 25, 2022
Omooba77:

That is my thinking....Those houses destroyed at Orile are still like that and nothing done to complete the project....
Most of the design are not too good. Look at Abeokuta-Lagos BRT, see the problem caused at Cement/Mangoro.....

Compensation were paid to owners
Re: Lagos Unveils Yellow, Blue, Purple And Green Rail Projects In Future by Biodun556(m): 5:52pm On Jan 25, 2022
N
Re: Lagos Unveils Yellow, Blue, Purple And Green Rail Projects In Future by Biodun556(m): 10:05pm On Jan 25, 2022
M
Re: Lagos Unveils Yellow, Blue, Purple And Green Rail Projects In Future by ThinkSmarter: 11:09pm On Jan 25, 2022
Yes, many buildings will be destroyed to pave way for the projects.
But believe ye me, this conceived dream projects is the future.
With the light rail projects and the modern Bus interchanges/BRT, yellow buses will phase out with its nuisances and Lagos will join committee of World class cities.
Re: Lagos Unveils Yellow, Blue, Purple And Green Rail Projects In Future by Biodun556(m): 6:05am On Jan 26, 2022
ThinkSmarter:
Yes, many buildings will be destroyed to pave way for the projects.
But believe ye me, this conceived dream projects is the future.
With the light rail projects and the modern Bus interchanges/BRT, yellow buses will phase out with its nuisances and Lagos will join committee of World class cities.

Apt
Re: Lagos Unveils Yellow, Blue, Purple And Green Rail Projects In Future by Nyanmiridunce: 6:15am On Jan 26, 2022
Those in the state where their governor can't complete 1 flyover for over 5 years are prepping to enter Lagos in order to feel this impending civilization. They think we just dey support jagaban for nothing, these are some of his antecedents in Lagos.

Ẹni tí ó ní ru ẹni, kó lè mọyì ẹni.

Imado I bá ṣé bí ẹlẹ́dẹ̀ a bá'lu jẹ, bẹ'ru bá jọba èèyàn ò ní kú'kan.

If you don't gerrit, forgerrit.
Re: Lagos Unveils Yellow, Blue, Purple And Green Rail Projects In Future by helinues: 6:28am On Jan 26, 2022
Very good
Re: Lagos Unveils Yellow, Blue, Purple And Green Rail Projects In Future by helinues: 6:31am On Jan 26, 2022
Omooba77:

Uncle opposition, try and be positive sometimes...

To give credit and look towards the impact the project would make in the future na wahala.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Unveils Yellow, Blue, Purple And Green Rail Projects In Future by ybalogs(m): 6:36am On Jan 26, 2022
"First day of class, the law teacher walked in." The first thing he did was ask for the name of a student sitting in the front row:

- What's your name?

- My name is Nelson.

- Get out of my class and never come back! he ordered him.

Nelson was confused. The teacher was heading towards him, he got up quickly, packed up his stuff and left the classroom.

Everyone was scared and outraged but no one was talking.

- Very Good! Let's get it started. What are laws for? asked the teacher.

The students were still scared, but slowly they started answering the question.

- To have order in our society.

- No!

- So that people pay for their actions.

- No! Does anyone know the answer to this question?

- For justice to be done, spoke shy a young girl.

- Finally! Justice! But what is justice?

Everyone was starting to get mad at the teachers attitude. However, they kept answering.

- To protect the rights of the people.

- Okay. But still?

- To differentiate good from bad, to reward those who do good.

- Okay, so answer this question: Did I act correctly when I kicked Nelson out of class?

Everyone was silent, no one responded.

- I want an unanimous answer!

- NO! They answered with one voice.

- Could we say I committed an injustice?

- Yes!

- And why has nobody done anything about it? Why do we want laws and rules if we don’t have the will to practice them? Each of you is obliged to speak up when you witness an injustice. All of you. Don't ever stay quiet again!

Go and get Nelson. After all, he is the teacher, I'm from another period.

You know, when we don't stand up for our rights, dignity is lost, and dignity can't be negotiated. "

- Doris Carrier

1 Like

Re: Lagos Unveils Yellow, Blue, Purple And Green Rail Projects In Future by Biodun556(m): 3:16pm On Feb 07, 2022
N

(1) (Reply)

I'm Impressed By The Current Igbo Political Strategy, If We Lose We Lose / 2023: Abia Deputy Governor, Ude Okochukwu Weeps Openly As Delegates Reject Him I / Tinubu Used Donald Duke Childhood Picture On Page 20 Of Campaign Booklet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.