Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,131 members, 7,811,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

Lagos Gets 2 New Universities, Merges Colleges Of Education - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lagos Gets 2 New Universities, Merges Colleges Of Education (24269 Views)

NUC Approves Three New Universities In Delta State / Buhari Approves Establishment Of 6 New Federal Colleges Of Education / FG Approves 6 New Federal Colleges Of Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Gets 2 New Universities, Merges Colleges Of Education by Nemere2020: 4:25pm On Jan 25, 2022
Lagos State Governor, Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu, on Tuesday, said the state government will merge the Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education, Ijanikin, and the Michael Otedola College of Primary Education, Epe, to form a university of education.

The Governor also said the Lagos State Polytechnic, Ikorodu, would become a university of science.

He disclosed this while speaking as the Special Guest of Honour during the public presentation of a book “Oluwatoyin Temitayo Ogundipe @60: Audacity of Resilience”.

It was launched in honour of the Vice Chancellor the University of Lagos, UNILAG, Prof. Oluwatoyin Ogundipe.

The governor said the two new universities would take off following the approval given by the National Universities Commission, NUC.

He gave the assurance that the state government would not because of the additional responsibility fail to adequately fund it’s existing tertiary and other institutions.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/01/lagos-gets-2-new-universities-merges-colleges-of-education/

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Gets 2 New Universities, Merges Colleges Of Education by zeedof(m): 5:48pm On Jan 25, 2022
University has turn to business

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Gets 2 New Universities, Merges Colleges Of Education by oluwaseunamos33(m): 5:48pm On Jan 25, 2022
Good news. Who I this yeye fowl ahead of me that is dragging position with me, you better be careful grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Gets 2 New Universities, Merges Colleges Of Education by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jan 25, 2022
Where’s the job ?

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Gets 2 New Universities, Merges Colleges Of Education by Collins4u1(m): 5:48pm On Jan 25, 2022
Nic
Re: Lagos Gets 2 New Universities, Merges Colleges Of Education by dietsono(m): 5:48pm On Jan 25, 2022
Commendable!
Re: Lagos Gets 2 New Universities, Merges Colleges Of Education by huptin(m): 5:49pm On Jan 25, 2022
The government keeps increasing over heads in the face of dwindling revenue. This isn't bad though education is always a good investment.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Gets 2 New Universities, Merges Colleges Of Education by Ebukax(f): 5:49pm On Jan 25, 2022
Lagos amaka

1 Like

Re: Lagos Gets 2 New Universities, Merges Colleges Of Education by adesirebobo: 5:49pm On Jan 25, 2022
Good News

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Gets 2 New Universities, Merges Colleges Of Education by Studyinchina200(m): 5:49pm On Jan 25, 2022
Ok
Re: Lagos Gets 2 New Universities, Merges Colleges Of Education by God1000(m): 5:49pm On Jan 25, 2022
Good, but the existing ones are in dire conditions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Gets 2 New Universities, Merges Colleges Of Education by Dozis: 5:49pm On Jan 25, 2022
Lagos can do it, not that my stupid Abia State with a buffon of a governor.
If you ask him now he will ask you what concerns you and University, wether you have money to go to school.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Gets 2 New Universities, Merges Colleges Of Education by HASSANwinger(m): 5:49pm On Jan 25, 2022
FCT since 2010
Re: Lagos Gets 2 New Universities, Merges Colleges Of Education by askolly(m): 5:50pm On Jan 25, 2022
Nice one, good development �

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Gets 2 New Universities, Merges Colleges Of Education by habiham: 5:52pm On Jan 25, 2022
Good move
Re: Lagos Gets 2 New Universities, Merges Colleges Of Education by tnerro1(m): 5:53pm On Jan 25, 2022
Dozis:
If you ask him now he will ask you what concerns you and University, wether you have money to go to school.

The way ur governor is looking at you right now

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Gets 2 New Universities, Merges Colleges Of Education by youngsahito(m): 5:55pm On Jan 25, 2022
Nice 1. It will make people to shift towards the west for standard education.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Gets 2 New Universities, Merges Colleges Of Education by sageb: 5:58pm On Jan 25, 2022
Good development

1 Like

Re: Lagos Gets 2 New Universities, Merges Colleges Of Education by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jan 25, 2022
It's actually a very good development.

Most people complaining don't understand that the smallest college in Nigeria is what other countries term universities. Even in Europe, some universities are so small, yet very effective and offer high quality education.

Since NCE and HND have lost their values, I think this is a good step in eliminating discrepancies and upgrading education in Lagos.

14 Likes

Re: Lagos Gets 2 New Universities, Merges Colleges Of Education by Glink2018(m): 6:01pm On Jan 25, 2022
Ebukax:
Lagos amaka

some Onyi dot governors will copy this education error from the Lagos State governor, babaJide SanwoTHIEFnubu

just wait and see
Re: Lagos Gets 2 New Universities, Merges Colleges Of Education by GboyegaD(m): 6:02pm On Jan 25, 2022
Hopefully, it adds value to our decaying educational system. However, I find the governor sounding over ambitious and I am not trusting this us from a pure motive.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Gets 2 New Universities, Merges Colleges Of Education by RegentR(m): 6:02pm On Jan 25, 2022
We will wake up one day and to see all polytechnics and colleges of education converted to universities.

Then, no more ASUP and COEASU
Re: Lagos Gets 2 New Universities, Merges Colleges Of Education by OlujobaSamuel: 6:04pm On Jan 25, 2022
Good, all COE and Polytechnics should be phased out, it's better than trying to alter the value of the paper(certificate) when the system is not worked on
Re: Lagos Gets 2 New Universities, Merges Colleges Of Education by oriewanbe: 6:06pm On Jan 25, 2022
OP can't you see the "will"
Re: Lagos Gets 2 New Universities, Merges Colleges Of Education by desgiezd(m): 6:27pm On Jan 25, 2022
Dozis:

But your governor drives a Rolls Royce!

I guess that’s an achievement too!
Re: Lagos Gets 2 New Universities, Merges Colleges Of Education by Dozis: 6:36pm On Jan 25, 2022
desgiezd:

But your governor drives a Rolls Royce!

I guess that’s an achievement too!

I'm still trying to get your point...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Gets 2 New Universities, Merges Colleges Of Education by yusluvad(m): 6:59pm On Jan 25, 2022
Welcome development...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yosi Yusuf: Gombe State College Of Education Student Murdered / “I Wrote O’level Exams 17 Times”- UNIBEN Graduating Student Reveals / NASU And SSANU To Begin Indefinite Strike February 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.