Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,719 members, 7,820,505 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky (45804 Views)

Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) / Dangote Refinery Takes Delivery Of Gigantic Distillation Component In Lekki.PICS / An Overview Of Dangote Refinery Plant In Lagos - Video And Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 11:48am On Jan 26, 2022
Newton85:
You mean it's also "Yoruba media" that told your IPOB to ban Fulani cow in your region?
how did we move from dangote and Yoruba media to banning of cows? oga, you are not bright. undecided
Re: Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 11:49am On Jan 26, 2022
jassmenn:
Train your brother that said imo state is one of the major oil producing state to use the internet na since you sabi use am. Dumb folks grin
read what you wrote. dont you think you are the dumb one here? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 11:51am On Jan 26, 2022
77up:
Oga thats the pure truth there, you guys down there hates anything yoruba or hausa so it's better for him to just site it down there in west. Advantage of waterways is also there for him on any import and export already.

God bless Dangote
God bless South West
God bless Nigeria.
Hate Yoruba as what na? you guys are inconsequential stop attaching any imaginary importance to your selves. after all, you don't have any power whatsoever. small nyash dey shake grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky by shortIGBOman: 11:56am On Jan 26, 2022
JavaScript90:
Great. But this project should be sited at a major oil producing state like Imo state with the likes of shell anoh gas project not at Lagos. He should source for his oil from the 30 liters of oil Lagos produce. SMH for NIGERIA

Imo oil na audio Oil. Besides, it's not in commercial quantity.
Re: Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky by patEnsure: 11:57am On Jan 26, 2022
Better Late than Never.

Fire and brimestones to Govt who had opportunities to establish such but choose to selfishly pocket the collective wealth f the Nation. Even during oil Booms.
angry thou and thy household shall never know peace. Amen.
Re: Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky by Cognitivereason: 11:57am On Jan 26, 2022
jaxxy:

U will be surprised.
Surprised about what?
I am from the SE...You mention Dangote in any SE dominated page on social media or even in their land and see the negative impression u will get..anything Hausa Fulani isn't welcomed ...Thanks to the lectures of Nnamdi kanu
Re: Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky by blackaxe78: 11:58am On Jan 26, 2022
JavaScript90:
Great. But this project should be sited at a major oil producing state like Imo state with the likes of shell anoh gas project not at Lagos. He should source for his oil from the 30 liters of oil Lagos produce. SMH for NIGERIA

So IPOB can bomb it!

You think Dangote is fool and not knowing the hate from that quarters.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky by salbis(m): 11:59am On Jan 26, 2022
aribisala0:
You are ignorant. He can buy /source his oil from ANYWHERE.
Why should it be sited in a major oil producing state?
Why not in a major petrol consuming state. That is a business decision. Dangote's decision
Just like Nigeria is importing petrol today there are other countries that import petrol and he could export his product. He is not even obliged to sell in Nigeria

India has the largest refinery in the world. It imports its oil
It is one of the largest consumers in the world.
Industries may site close to raw materials or close to market or anywhere else
Europe does not produce any Cocoa but produces more chocolate than Africa.Why?
Purge yourself of hatred, bitterness and envy. India is third on the list after, USA, China and Russia.

Re: Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky by jaxxy(m): 12:01pm On Jan 26, 2022
Cognitivereason:

Surprised about what?
I am from the SE...You mention Dangote in any SE dominated page on social media or even in their land and see the negative impression u will get..anything Hausa Fulani isn't welcomed ...Thanks to the lectures of Nnamdi kanu

What did dangote do to Igbos? Nothing.

It’s a hate based on misconstrued statement and sentiments. And I said Igbo hate monopoly not dangote.

That’s the facts not the sentiments.
Re: Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky by Cognitivereason: 12:07pm On Jan 26, 2022
jaxxy:

What did dangote do to Igbos? Nothing.

It’s a hate based on misconstrued statement and sentiments. And I said Igbo hate monopoly not dangote.

That’s the facts not the sentiments.
And what did dangote do for Hausa, Ijaw, Fulani, Yoruba...
He doesn't owe Igbo or any tribe anything...

It not about what you say...it about what is real...the real truth is Igbos don't like dangote...

They will never hate their tribes men if they were in dangote shoes with monopoly.. Simple

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky by Yomit71(m): 12:08pm On Jan 26, 2022
if not for Igbo greediness, this refinery ought be sighted in their region. Alas, bitterness has eaten deep into their veins
Re: Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky by jaxxy(m): 12:13pm On Jan 26, 2022
Cognitivereason:

And what did dangote do for Hausa, Ijaw, Fulani, Yoruba...
He doesn't owe Igbo or any tribe anything...

It not about what you say...it about what is real...the real truth is Igbos don't like dangote...

[b]They will never hate their tribes men if they were in dangote shoes with monopoly.. [/b]Simple

Are u sure Ure igbo? @ bolded I think they will.

Dangote has done well for his people as for other tribes they are indifferent about him. Lagos wants mega development so they jumped at his refinery deal.

He owes the people not tribe by giving back. He was given tax breaks, forex privileges and many insensitives for decades.
Re: Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky by kmaster007: 12:17pm On Jan 26, 2022
E hang
LegendHero:

So your people can just go there and burn it down if any single thing goes wrong?

Businessmen need security and stability. Even you yourself won’t establish your mega refinery in Imo if you have one.
Re: Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky by kmaster007: 12:21pm On Jan 26, 2022
Haha! Nah unknown gunman dey kill..
CUMIN:

Most of them wouldn't establish a factory back home due to the greedy nature of their folks.

A disagreement can earn the wrath of burning like they did to that Lagos commissioner that had house in Anambra. They're ae even killing their own kings just because they visited buhari.

They will burn it because of their envy nature.
Re: Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky by steve6: 12:21pm On Jan 26, 2022
Ok.
Re: Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky by drealcivilceno(m): 12:43pm On Jan 26, 2022
My brother don't talk again, please if you can leave this country.... LEAVE!

Abeg for your Sanity, and don't go to places where there are no rules like DUBAI, Nigerians don bastardize the small one dey have!

JavaScript90:
Great. But this project should be sited at a major oil producing state like Imo state with the likes of shell anoh gas project not at Lagos. He should source for his oil from the 30 liters of oil Lagos produce. SMH for NIGERIA.
****modified****
for those quoting me and talking about security and dangote buying oil from elsewhere. There is insecurity in oil producing states but somehow bonny terminal has been used to export nigeria crude oil for many years without issues. Remind me again whose job it is to provide security again? All these insecurity shit is political because it serves the interest of some power blocks.

We all know the kind of business model dangote operates. He cant do without the heavily subsidized nigerian oil from nepostic government monopoly. Please you guys should remind me again where kaduna refinery is getting her crude from again? didnt nigeria government pipe oil from here to kaduna? Hypocritical NIGERIANS!

everybody dey here when erisco foods was begging cbn to release his dollar so that he can buy essential raw materials but the government refused but was selling forex at a very cheap rate to dangote while other companies was just begging to have access to their own personal money. What about during the border closure and lockdown? dangote was given waiver to continue plying his trade while other industrialists cried. IT IS ALL POLITICS AND POWERFUL INTERESTS

shout out to all legit businessmen and women that have made names for themselves through hardwork and shear business acumen without corrupt and tribalistic government suppressing their competitions
Re: Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky by PrincessDiana: 1:03pm On Jan 26, 2022
While I get the point you are trying to make, the truth is, industrialization is a must for poverty eradication for third world countries. More like, It's either you die by fire or brimstone.
It's just the way the world works now.
No pain, No gain!
franchasng:
If you visit any American or UK hospital, you will marvel at the names of sicknesses and diseases being diagnosed. I haven't been to US but I have lots of close childhood friends and classmates plus relatives working in different health facilities as Doctors, Nurses, Lab Scientists, etc.

Many Americans live with terminal illnesses and diseases for decades, many have cancer and its seen as nothing. lung cancer, different versions of cancer and if you see them you wont know until you see their medical history.

The only thing sustaining them is their exceptional healthcare system that have the capacity to handle and manage any sickness or disease, whether the patient is rich or poor so long as he or she is a citizen.

That's why they consume GMO foods without much worries too.

Nigeria and West Africa don't have such competent healthcare system that can manage such ailments when they arise.

As a nation gets more heavily industrialized, they invest hugely in healthcare and environmental protection and management to curtail the resultant negative effects of the industrialization.

I am a trained Engineer with years of experience. I have undergone several environmental health, and safety traininga and gotten certifications, so I know what I am telling you.

I am not hating on Dangote, he is so way above my level for me to be hating on him even though I dont accord him much respect I accord to seasoned entrepreneurs who started from scratch and rose to riches without government assistance which Dangote enjoyed for decades now and part of what made him who he is.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky by MoIbrahim: 1:07pm On Jan 26, 2022
The man wants the place that is safest. You can see he didn't even come to the North

JavaScript90:
Great. But this project should be sited at a major oil producing state like Imo state with the likes of shell anoh gas project not at Lagos. He should source for his oil from the 30 liters of oil Lagos produce. SMH for NIGERIA.
****modified****
for those quoting me and talking about security and dangote buying oil from elsewhere. There is insecurity in oil producing states but somehow bonny terminal has been used to export nigeria crude oil for many years without issues. Remind me again whose job it is to provide security again? All these insecurity shit is political because it serves the interest of some power blocks.

We all know the kind of business model dangote operates. He cant do without the heavily subsidized nigerian oil from nepostic government monopoly. Please you guys should remind me again where kaduna refinery is getting her crude from again? didnt nigeria government pipe oil from here to kaduna? Hypocritical NIGERIANS!

everybody dey here when erisco foods was begging cbn to release his dollar so that he can buy essential raw materials but the government refused but was selling forex at a very cheap rate to dangote while other companies was just begging to have access to their own personal money. What about during the border closure and lockdown? dangote was given waiver to continue plying his trade while other industrialists cried. IT IS ALL POLITICS AND POWERFUL INTERESTS

shout out to all legit businessmen and women that have made names for themselves through hardwork and shear business acumen without corrupt and tribalistic government suppressing their competitions

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky by Yankee101: 1:33pm On Jan 26, 2022
More pollution, Lagos
Re: Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky by Toni19: 1:40pm On Jan 26, 2022
Lagos is better because no militant.

JavaScript90:
****modified****

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky by Newboss(m): 1:47pm On Jan 26, 2022
Lagos don finally cast. Pollution loading.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jan 26, 2022
This is the reason why our 4 local refinieries will never work, the reason why fuel price hike was postponed.

Our business men are too dull and incompetent to set up a refinery, we must wait for gotes to finish his own refinery whenever he wishes to finish it and buy PMS at whatever rate he choses.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky by Bishop4real: 2:28pm On Jan 26, 2022
JavaScript90:
****modified****

And who amongst the brainwashed IPONKS would have agreed to release land in any part of SE/SS for the project without shouting Islamization up & down? Their loss; Lagos gain! Ndi apari

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky by kuntash: 2:30pm On Jan 26, 2022
JavaScript90:
****modified****

Your analysis is quite deep , only few can truly discern that you weren't tribalistic in your views rather stating the obvious that's bedeviled this nation for it's development ....

I observed some of your opinions are captured and condemned , raging with tribal perceptions ...

Fact remains , until we start telling everyone the truth , until the country starts considering equality , fairness and justice in every region or state ..... This quagmire would definitely continue ...

I am sure many that condemned your opinion here are not better than you , but rather the urge to always wear the tribal and religious hat each time we discuss on Nairaland ....

Kudos to you especially on your last paragraph .....

Nice one !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jan 26, 2022
JAMO84:
Aliko Dangote

The man that will rescue Nigeria from the grip of subsidy

Lol rescue Indeed, And he will eventually Sell for N600 per litre. You zombies suffering Just dey start. Make una wait till after 2023 election.....
Re: Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 26, 2022
quentin06:
This is the reason why our 4 local refinieries will never work, the reason why fuel price hike was postponed.

Our business men are too dull and incompetent to set up a refinery, we must wait for gotes to finish his own refinery whenever he wishes to finish it and buy PMS at whatever rate he choses.

Thank you, I have emphasized on the bolded In my current post. What will hit these Useless Zombies ehn, I swear they won't expect It. "Me I have started saving my money In Dollars" because these beasts are hell bent on destroying the already useless naira completely. But I trust them to always find a way to survive. Shiiiithole zombies are the most stupidest set of zombies In the world.....
Re: Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky by YhemmyBloom(m): 2:57pm On Jan 26, 2022
Many others have the forsight as well .. as we speak now there is another one geering up to initiate its own in the SS but not as huge as Alhaji's... But the fact remains that huge and massive petrochemical projects are already on the board.
Alusiizizi:
Is Dangote the only private citizen that could have raised up a refinery business? I am sure that there are many others in Nigeria, so why is he the only one to have done so?
Re: Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky by aribisala0(m): 2:59pm On Jan 26, 2022
salbis:
India is third on the list after, USA, China and Russia
I do not understand 3rd on which list?
Re: Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky by ThinkSmarter: 3:04pm On Jan 26, 2022
MansoryMX:

Change your moniker to thinkdumber
If u think i am wrong in my suggestion.
Then correct me and give me reasons why u think otherwise.
Be civil
Re: Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:12pm On Jan 26, 2022
lordm:
that would be a bad decision, most people from that region hate Dangote and they would want to damage it if any crisis occur
You are very correct
The question now is, why are they always hating on everybody that is successful?
Re: Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky by salbis(m): 3:23pm On Jan 26, 2022
aribisala0:

I do not understand 3rd on which list?
List of countries that have largest oil refinery capacity.
https://www.petro-online.com/news/biofuel-industry-news/22/breaking-news/which-countries-have-the-largest-oil-refinery-capacity/54409
Re: Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky by aribisala0(m): 3:31pm On Jan 26, 2022
salbis:
List of countries that have largest oil refinery capacity.
https://www.petro-online.com/news/biofuel-industry-news/22/breaking-news/which-countries-have-the-largest-oil-refinery-capacity/54409
What has that got to do with the post you quoted.
I said the largest refinery in the world is in India

Do you understand simple English?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Today's Naira Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euro / Zenith Bank Restates Commitment To CSR, Unveils Christmas Decoration / Fatima Aliko Dangote And Her Mother At Her Wedding Dinner (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.