Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,214 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

The Basket Of Tomatoes I Bought For N1,500 - Ogun State. - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Basket Of Tomatoes I Bought For N1,500 - Ogun State. (54833 Views)

Look At The Tomatoes I Bought For 200 Naira In Jos / Pepper And Tomatoes I Bought For N100 At Abeokuta / Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Basket Of Tomatoes I Bought For N1,500 - Ogun State. by tunjilana: 7:37pm On Jan 31, 2022
Segzy22:
Come to my area in Magodo, I can bet with my balls you can't get that things less than N2,500 each

If u stay in magodo then enter ketu-mile 12 and buy ur things in bulk...except u dont like the thrill of entering market sha

2 Likes

Re: The Basket Of Tomatoes I Bought For N1,500 - Ogun State. by Goalty01: 7:37pm On Jan 31, 2022
Kebbi

Ugandatales:

Which state are you?

1 Like

Re: The Basket Of Tomatoes I Bought For N1,500 - Ogun State. by Limassol(m): 7:37pm On Jan 31, 2022
Benitoh:
Most of the problems we are facing in this country is Man made.

People with corrupt mind set deliberately increase the price of goods. Middle men
That's Not necessarily the case... inflation(largely as a result of bad policies) is currently wracking the economy with no end in sight. Prices Have skyrocket. Raw materials prices are soaring, supply chain is now a nightmare, weak currency... companies are struggling to cope, these and many other factors i think could help explain the rise in prices.
Re: The Basket Of Tomatoes I Bought For N1,500 - Ogun State. by Graxie(f): 7:39pm On Jan 31, 2022
Childofaking:

Please compare that to wherever you are and see, we are much better. That crate of egg at N1800 is still less than $4
Can you buy a whole crate of egg at $4 in the us ?

i just google it. it cost about $15 in the USA (about N8,850)

You mean those in US earn in naira? You mean to make 4dollar in US is same amount for a labourer daily pay in Nigeria? Proper sense should tell you that 4dollar to the person living in US is different.

6 Likes

Re: The Basket Of Tomatoes I Bought For N1,500 - Ogun State. by Limassol(m): 7:41pm On Jan 31, 2022
TeeGod:
That thing is 200 naira in the North.
Hardly the case... i live in Kaduna and i doubt you will get these tomatoes for even double that amount.
Re: The Basket Of Tomatoes I Bought For N1,500 - Ogun State. by MediMedi(m): 7:42pm On Jan 31, 2022
OOh Gossh....food ain't much cost here in Gabon
Re: The Basket Of Tomatoes I Bought For N1,500 - Ogun State. by BennyDGreat: 7:43pm On Jan 31, 2022
Graxie:

You mean those in US earn in naira? You mean to make 4dollar in US is same amount for a labourer daily pay in Nigeria? Proper sense should tell you that 4dollar to the person living in US is different.

Nor mind am.It amazes me how people just compare U.S and Nigeria without deep reflection of the major differences in Economy+ per capita income+ cost of living.

5 Likes

Re: The Basket Of Tomatoes I Bought For N1,500 - Ogun State. by Donpenny(m): 7:46pm On Jan 31, 2022
Childofaking:

Please compare that to wherever you are and see, we are much better. That crate of egg at N1800 is still less than $4

Bro is cheaper over there, stop using exchange rate in comparing things. Those eggs is simply $15 , can you get it for 15naira here. US inflation is 5% while that of Nigeria is 15.63% which simply mean things are more expensive here in Nigeria than US forget exchange rate. This your comparism can only be necessary if $1=1 naira and the two economy has same inflation rate

5 Likes

Re: The Basket Of Tomatoes I Bought For N1,500 - Ogun State. by ariesbull: 7:57pm On Jan 31, 2022
HenryDion:
I don't pity you Nigerians. You lots are the cause of your problems. Shebi una don dey campaign for Tinubu. Expect worst to happen.
na Yoruba people be the wahala.... Many of them na the wahala... Na so den sell bụbu...

Now the morons are selling another efigy... Suffer no dey Taya dem...na so den dey mine skull up and down
Re: The Basket Of Tomatoes I Bought For N1,500 - Ogun State. by Corrections: 8:00pm On Jan 31, 2022
Graxie:

Pls ignore him ...his reasoning is poor when it comes to such comparism.

3 Likes

Re: The Basket Of Tomatoes I Bought For N1,500 - Ogun State. by Limassol(m): 8:05pm On Jan 31, 2022
Childofaking:

That's Untrue... In Colorado a carton (12) of eggs cost just $2.36, a crate cost $5.72. The average American worker could afford such with ease, that can't be said for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The Basket Of Tomatoes I Bought For N1,500 - Ogun State. by shantti(m): 8:13pm On Jan 31, 2022
HenryDion:
I don't pity you Nigerians. You lots are the cause of your problems. Shebi una don dey campaign for Tinubu. Expect worst to happen.

U dey mind them. They are innocent ones though that are caught up in all these fracas.
Re: The Basket Of Tomatoes I Bought For N1,500 - Ogun State. by Melancholy(m): 8:15pm On Jan 31, 2022
Adesina18111:
Only God can help us out...Things are expensive especially foods and food materials...and some Nigerians can never be boast of making $5 per day...And our Leaders are enjoying...to make things worse...na Poor man pikin dem go still use for rituals...we need your help O Lord angry angry angry
sincerely speaking, lmagine sey l no get shishi to feed on nau, infact hunger wey dey wire nau ehh, despite sey l get work o. Make l just Japa na im remain o.
Re: The Basket Of Tomatoes I Bought For N1,500 - Ogun State. by shantti(m): 8:18pm On Jan 31, 2022
Imagine say they come remove fuel subsidy. Just imagine
Re: The Basket Of Tomatoes I Bought For N1,500 - Ogun State. by armyofone(m): 8:25pm On Jan 31, 2022
NotBeenPaid:
Receipts for other items bought. Life isn't getting any easier. embarassed

I love this shopping idea - with receipt.

Please which state and store?
Re: The Basket Of Tomatoes I Bought For N1,500 - Ogun State. by Welcomme: 8:29pm On Jan 31, 2022
tiger28:
Crate of eggs in the US is about $3 .....almost same. All those tomatoes that you bought for N1500 ($3) , you will pay about $10 for those. Food stuff are cheap in Naija abeg!
You are daft. In that same America, an unskilled worker (What we call labourer here) earn about 8-9 dollars per hour.. So it means a laborer can conveniently use half of his one hour wage to buy a crate of egg. Over here in Nigeria, hardly will you see a laborer that goes home with 1500naira (2.82 dollars) and he is expected to work for roughly 10 hours a day before he could earn that 1500naira (2.82dollars) which means his one day earning is not even enough to buy a crate of egg while his counterpart in US can decide to work for just two hours and earn about 16 dollars which will be enough to walk to McDonalds and eat chicken and chips and change will still remain.. How many labourers have you seen going to Chicken republic or Domino here? So tell me again, which is cheaper?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Basket Of Tomatoes I Bought For N1,500 - Ogun State. by Abdul4trust1(m): 8:31pm On Jan 31, 2022
HenryDion:
what if they campaign for Atiku? Will there be price reduction?

1 Like

Re: The Basket Of Tomatoes I Bought For N1,500 - Ogun State. by Welcomme: 8:32pm On Jan 31, 2022
Childofaking:

You are daft. In that same America, an unskilled worker (What we call labourer here) earn about 8-9 dollars per hour.. So it means a laborer can conveniently use his one to two hours of his daily wages to buy a crate of egg. Over here in Nigeria, hardly will you see a laborer that goes home with 1500naira (2.82 dollars) and he is expected to work for roughly 10 hours a day before he could earn that 1500naira (2.82dollars) which means his one day earning is not even enough to buy a crate of egg while his counterpart in US can decide to work for just two hours and earn about 16 dollars which will be enough to walk to McDonalds and eat chicken and chips and change will still remain.. How many labourers have you seen going to Chicken republic or Domino here? So tell me again, which is cheaper? BTW, a crate of egg is not up to 15$.. Highest it not more than 7$ and seven dollars is nothing to anybody here even those that are not working and depend on benefit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Basket Of Tomatoes I Bought For N1,500 - Ogun State. by 77up(m): 8:33pm On Jan 31, 2022
HenryDion:
...and Atiku presidency will make a crate of egg #100 abi ? Abeg getat undecided

Hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: The Basket Of Tomatoes I Bought For N1,500 - Ogun State. by Omotosho1090905(m): 8:34pm On Jan 31, 2022
NotBeenPaid:
These are some of the stuffs I got last Saturday from the market. The price of things continue to rise on a daily. I couldn't get some of the things on my lists because the money wasn't enough to cover for the rest of the other items.

Modified:
The initial price for the tomatoes was N1,800, had to bargain.

Some people are so glued to Nigeria problem they forgotten theirs, abeg no be only Nigeria food price high rn na everywhere you y
Re: The Basket Of Tomatoes I Bought For N1,500 - Ogun State. by Tekzyflex(m): 8:43pm On Jan 31, 2022
A bottle of hero beer 350
Re: The Basket Of Tomatoes I Bought For N1,500 - Ogun State. by Chulluko(m): 9:12pm On Jan 31, 2022
E dey give me joy to see guys dey take care of their mothers, more blessing and sallama to you
heniford2:
I think is everywhere oh my mom told me everything is getting high when she budget 500k for thanks giving service to her church she had to change it to 800k telling me everything is high i had give her 1mil i thought she was making it up know i am believing undecided

1 Like

Re: The Basket Of Tomatoes I Bought For N1,500 - Ogun State. by GboyegaD(m): 9:16pm On Jan 31, 2022
Considering the high cost of living, how many Nigerians truly live on their salary? The corruption isn't only in the seat of powers but within most people in Nigeria.
Re: The Basket Of Tomatoes I Bought For N1,500 - Ogun State. by GboyegaD(m): 9:24pm On Jan 31, 2022
tiger28:
Crate of eggs in the US is about $3 .....almost same. All those tomatoes that you bought for N1500 ($3) , you will pay about $10 for those. Food stuff are cheap in Naija abeg!

Are earnings same across board? Can we leave these comparisons, please?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Basket Of Tomatoes I Bought For N1,500 - Ogun State. by treatise: 9:24pm On Jan 31, 2022
dasparrow:
I don't envy you guys in Nigeria. Food is so expensive in Nigeria now. I still remember when a crate of eggs was N600. Na wa ooo.

In 2015 a bag of foreign rice was 8,500 and today it is 32,000
Re: The Basket Of Tomatoes I Bought For N1,500 - Ogun State. by Zordgrub: 9:27pm On Jan 31, 2022
NotBeenPaid:
I bought this crate of egg for N1,800.
the entire crates or 1 crate? You have to be specific with infos

1 Like

Re: The Basket Of Tomatoes I Bought For N1,500 - Ogun State. by kurlz(f): 9:34pm On Jan 31, 2022
EmmaOgbu:
Here in Benin the egg is 1,850

while the Tomatoes is 1,000.

What about the chicken. Hmm don't even go there. A kilo here is Benin is 2100 and it will not be measured appropriately.
Re: The Basket Of Tomatoes I Bought For N1,500 - Ogun State. by RepoMan007: 9:35pm On Jan 31, 2022
pretydiva:
Everybody should go and farm
the inflation was suppose to make farming more lucrative but insecurity is everywhere.

1 Like

Re: The Basket Of Tomatoes I Bought For N1,500 - Ogun State. by barragan: 10:35pm On Jan 31, 2022
dasparrow:
I don't envy you guys in Nigeria. Food is so expensive in Nigeria now. I still remember when a crate of eggs was N600. Na wa ooo.

Please which country are you in that food prices have been coming down?
Re: The Basket Of Tomatoes I Bought For N1,500 - Ogun State. by TheLasyBuddha: 10:40pm On Jan 31, 2022
NotBeenPaid:
Bought 5kg chicken for N8,500.

In Sokoto, the costliest you could buy this is NGN5,000. Cannot go beyond that.
Re: The Basket Of Tomatoes I Bought For N1,500 - Ogun State. by TheLasyBuddha: 10:41pm On Jan 31, 2022
NotBeenPaid:
These are some of the stuffs I got last Saturday from the market. The price of things continue to rise on a daily. I couldn't get some of the things on my lists because the money wasn't enough to cover for the rest of the other items.

Modified:
The initial price for the tomatoes was N1,800, had to bargain.

In Sokoto, this tomatoes is not more than NGN500. If you price well, it is NGN400.
Re: The Basket Of Tomatoes I Bought For N1,500 - Ogun State. by Hiq0: 11:08pm On Jan 31, 2022
Really

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Python Killed By My Hunter Neighbour / I Found This When I Opened Blue Band / Hungry Abuja Residents Steal Rice From A Moving Truck

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.