Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,139 members, 7,811,204 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:33 AM

Would Nigerians Employ A Virtual Office Assistant? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Would Nigerians Employ A Virtual Office Assistant? (2665 Views)

Would Nigerians Rather Be An Entrepreneur Or Salaried Worker? / ?interview Question: "Why Should We Employ You?" / Need A Virtual Assistant? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would Nigerians Employ A Virtual Office Assistant? by diyobdw(f): 11:02am On Feb 16, 2006
Would virtual business work in Nigeria? I mean would any business be confident enough to employee the services of a virtual assitant. A virtual office assistant is an administrative assistant who works from their home office location and offers all of the services of an in office secretary plus more, such as:
* Desktop Publishing.
* Graphics design.
* Project Management.
* Presentation Preparation.
* Research Assistance
* Database management/processing.
* Bookkeeping:
* Writing, Editing, Proofreading.
* Managing mail, customer requests, handle mailings, to mention a few.

Bearing in mind the confidentiality involved and that your primary means of communication will be phone fax and emails/online.

1 Like

Re: Would Nigerians Employ A Virtual Office Assistant? by skima(m): 2:48am On Feb 17, 2006
Well , as u know Nigeria is at her grow stage. right now it could be add but overtime it will be adopted.
Re: Would Nigerians Employ A Virtual Office Assistant? by Seun(m): 4:36am On Feb 17, 2006
Sole proprietors like me would not mind such a service, as long as it's provided by a reputable firm that I know will only employ trustworthy people.

One challenge is the current high cost of telecommunications, but some people will nevertheless find such a service useful.
Re: Would Nigerians Employ A Virtual Office Assistant? by diyobdw(f): 8:30am On Feb 17, 2006
Tx 4 d comment guys, smiley wink cheesy
Seun how would you know it 's a reputable firm? if its a start-up biz ,own by people with expeirence and few or no clientbase sad. or will you deal with people u know personally alone?

About telcos high price i would say u dont need to be on phone , u can be majorly online , (i mean u can a chat,e-send scan and share file e.t.c).which is cheaper. but i wonder how may sole or small biz owners are out there to accept this idea,
Re: Would Nigerians Employ A Virtual Office Assistant? by Seun(m): 8:56am On Feb 17, 2006
Perhaps you'll need to setup a survey to learn that.

Another point: Most Nigerians - particularly businessmen - don't like to interact via email or chat. They don't take you seriously unless they can hear your voice, so you will need to use a combination of voice chatting and email for colaboration.
Re: Would Nigerians Employ A Virtual Office Assistant? by diyobdw(f): 9:10am On Feb 17, 2006
INtresting seun i learning from you, smiley
Re: Would Nigerians Employ A Virtual Office Assistant? by kimba(m): 8:19pm On Feb 17, 2006
WORSE,
by the time that Power Holding Company of Nigeria do their thing, both at the office and at the home(thats if the virtual assistant will be happy to bear the cost of internet connection-for constant communication with her office, or if the boss will have to shoulder such an additional cost, because of virtuality), everything will be back to zero level, u know, we dey for nija,

then the boss blames the assistant for not doing her job, and the assistant blames PHCN or blames a slow internet connection, and the virtual assistant gets fired, and the boss is back to square1.

Yes i agree with Seun, even the ppl u can see are not taken seriously, how much more those u cannot see.

in this kinda country, such wont work.

KiMbA
Re: Would Nigerians Employ A Virtual Office Assistant? by kimba(m): 8:21pm On Feb 17, 2006
WORSE,
by the time that Power Holding Company of  Nigeria do their thing, both at the office and at the home(thats if the virtual assistant will be happy to bear the cost of internet connection-for constant communication with her office, or if the boss will have to shoulder such an additional cost, because of virtuality), everything will be back to zero level, u know, we dey for nija,

then the boss blames the assistant for not doing her job, and the assistant blames PHCN or blames a slow internet connection, and the virtual assistant gets fired, and the boss is back to square1.

Yes i agree with Seun, even the ppl u can see are not taken seriously, how much more those u cannot see.

in this kinda country, such wont work.

KiMbA
Re: Would Nigerians Employ A Virtual Office Assistant? by diyobdw(f): 12:21pm On Feb 20, 2006
Hi kinba! Yeah PCHN or the ISP has got lot to do with it working. but dont you think that can be worked at? i mean General/inverter,then instead of dail-up they can use reliable broadband providers.Also i think it wont be the client biz hw u do it thiers is their job is done. i was thinking that the greatest fear will be how to proof to their client they can deliver?!
Re: Would Nigerians Employ A Virtual Office Assistant? by Dewalex(m): 4:20pm On Mar 10, 2006
diyobdw:

Tx 4 d comment boys, smiley wink cheesy
Seun how would you know it 's a reputable firm? if its a start-up biz ,own by people with expeirence and few or no clientbase sad. or will you deal with people u know personally alone?

About telcos high price i would say u don't need to be on phone , u can be majorly online , (i mean u can a chat,e-send scan and share file e.t.c).which is cheaper. but i wonder how may sole or small biz owners are out there to accept this idea,
diyobdw:

Tx 4 d comment boys, smiley wink cheesy

About telcos high price i would say u don't need to be on phone , u can be majorly online , (i mean u can a chat,e-send scan and share file e.t.c).which is cheaper. but i wonder how may sole or small biz owners are out there to accept this idea,
It will sureley work virtual office do thesame job as your secretary  in your front desk only that you did not see him or her physicaly.
However, virtual office will do your job effectively, good customers service and good human relations i bet you give it a trial and surely it will work Also vitual office could be anywhere in the word its just the making use of (voip) Most of the reputable UK companies use virtual office based in India Just to safe cost and u will not know the diffrence if you are not told.
Re: Would Nigerians Employ A Virtual Office Assistant? by ScottMarsh12: 10:39am On Mar 17, 2010
As per my experience virtual office is the best way for you.The concept of virtual office and the benefits which we can obtain from it are really effective.That is the way by which we can can make your market and business criteria larger and world wide.At an increasing pace, the VO concept is replacing the traditional office.It make the world an extremely connected place, reaching smaller towns and cities across the globe.
Re: Would Nigerians Employ A Virtual Office Assistant? by digital2day: 1:49am On Apr 30, 2021
You certainly start a new stream of income the moment you consider being very good as a virtual assistant. You will not just be globally relevant, you will earn a steady income.

Several managers across the globe will rather employ you because of your relative affordability. Lots of people leverage this job to generate
legitimate revenue online.

Who is a virtual assistant?
What is the job description of a virtual assistant?
How much do you earn as a VA?
How and where do you find your customers/jobs
etc

All these and many more questions are answered in the article below :

https://referrals.com.ng/blog/how-to-become-a-virtial-assitant/

(1) (Reply)

One Career You Can Do At Home That Will Give You 150k Every Month / Noun Pgd Duration Pls Help / Advise On M.sc Grade Required For Lecturing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.