Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,358 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:13 PM

Nigerian Lady Recounts Her Ordeal On Landing In Mozambique - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Lady Recounts Her Ordeal On Landing In Mozambique (1606 Views)

Abroad-based Nigerian Man Dies 2 Days After Landing In Nigeria (photo, Video) / Scottish Lady Recounts Her Encounter With A Nigerian Toilet Attendant (photos) / Nigerians Living In Mozambique (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Lady Recounts Her Ordeal On Landing In Mozambique by KanoFirstSon: 12:09pm On Jan 26, 2022
A Twitter user by name Pamela has narrated the ill treatment against her in Mozambique. Here’s her story in shots.

(In all these,it seems some Nigerians have gone to spoil our name in Mozambique. Because what is all these back and forth for in an African country)

Re: Nigerian Lady Recounts Her Ordeal On Landing In Mozambique by Kriss216: 12:10pm On Jan 26, 2022
shocked

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Recounts Her Ordeal On Landing In Mozambique by KanoFirstSon: 12:13pm On Jan 26, 2022
More

Lalasticlala Mynd44

Re: Nigerian Lady Recounts Her Ordeal On Landing In Mozambique by KanoFirstSon: 12:15pm On Jan 26, 2022
More

Re: Nigerian Lady Recounts Her Ordeal On Landing In Mozambique by KanoFirstSon: 12:16pm On Jan 26, 2022
Now the banger angry

Why are Nigerians always involved in a crime in another man’s country only to start crying fowl tomorrow? We tend to spoil things for other Nigerians. Why?

Re: Nigerian Lady Recounts Her Ordeal On Landing In Mozambique by Kriss216: 12:17pm On Jan 26, 2022
In all these, her only annoyance is they gave her Economy class instead of Business class to return back.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Recounts Her Ordeal On Landing In Mozambique by ibechris(m): 12:37pm On Jan 26, 2022
Kriss216:
In all these, her only annoyance is they gave her Economy class instead of Business class to return back.

If that is the only thing u understand then,u are very sick in the head. Did he steal the money only to be treated like a common criminal?

Next time learn to have compassion on people. Characters like u should be purged out of this earth for hating and being bittered towards people.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Recounts Her Ordeal On Landing In Mozambique by justwise(m): 12:41pm On Jan 26, 2022
KanoFirstSon:
Now the banger angry

Why are Nigerians always involved in a crime in another man’s country only to start crying fowl tomorrow? We tend to spoil things for other Nigerians. Why?

What crime did she commit?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Recounts Her Ordeal On Landing In Mozambique by Kriss216: 12:46pm On Jan 26, 2022
ibechris:

If that is the only thing u understand then,u are very sick in the head. Did he steal the money only to be treated like a common criminal?

Next time learn to have compassion on people. Characters like u should be purged out of this earth for hating and being bittered towards people.

When you're done ranting, take two cups of water... You'll be fine.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Recounts Her Ordeal On Landing In Mozambique by revived2: 1:11pm On Jan 26, 2022
To think I am planning to visit the Gambia and Tanzania this year

Be like I am gonna cancel this out of my plans
I no want stress

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Recounts Her Ordeal On Landing In Mozambique by Scientists(m): 2:31pm On Jan 26, 2022
How will I be able to get my fantasy fulfilled?

I had that Mozambique ladies can give mind blowing Mouth Action due to the shape of their mouth.

mynd44 lalasticlala seun

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Recounts Her Ordeal On Landing In Mozambique by Urchbaba91(m): 9:39am On Jan 27, 2022
But you should have requested for ya passport back ..
Since they want you back .
Re: Nigerian Lady Recounts Her Ordeal On Landing In Mozambique by pansophist(m): 11:43am On Jan 27, 2022
revived2:
To think I am planning to visit the Gambia and Tanzania this year

Be like I am gonna cancel this out of my plans
I no want stress

Gambia is a signatory to the ecowas convention. You're covered.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Recounts Her Ordeal On Landing In Mozambique by Wilson212: 12:47pm On Jan 27, 2022
I was in Morocco the only thing they did is that they checked the authenticity of my vsa that all .
Re: Nigerian Lady Recounts Her Ordeal On Landing In Mozambique by nitt: 4:30pm On Jan 27, 2022
This is the multiplier effect of being a citizen of a country notorious for all the wrong reasons.

It is disheartening to read this lady's experience in a sister African nation.

If it was done in an European/Western/Middle-Eastern, or any other continent, the outcry of "Racism" would be deafening.

Let's ask ourselves as Nigerians, why are we like this?.

Why are Nigerians synonymous with Drug related offences in the world today? Why are Nigerians synonymous with Internet fraud, online scams. Credit Card, Identity fraud? Cultism, Human trafficking, Prostitution, Illicit money laundering, Intellectual flight, Counterfeiting etc??. Why!?.

Las Las na we do ourselves in this country.

Most of the youth of today don't have a hardworking mindset, they look up to yahoo boys, they adore drug traffickers flossing illicit wealth, they support and defend corrupt politicians and public officers, they rather be oloshos than read or learn a trade to earn their money.

It's a pandemic, as the level of decay in the Nigerian society seen today is unbelievable and unfortunate.

And the world is watching, observing and reading about these happenings every other day both online and off.

No Nation will have this info about Nigerians and not prove hostile to its people and have an extra guard up before they allow such people pass through their borders.

Na we do ourselves!!! Let's have sense for God's sake & change going forward.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Recounts Her Ordeal On Landing In Mozambique by Juoflife1(f): 7:22pm On Jan 27, 2022
Nigeria is the only country in Africa that accommodates other Africans. Other countries want "mostly" white people. We play big brother, while they treat our citizens with much disrespect.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Recounts Her Ordeal On Landing In Mozambique by Nemesis0147(m): 10:14pm On Jan 27, 2022
nitt:
This is the multiplier effect of being a citizen of a country notorious for all the wrong reasons.

It is disheartening to read to this lady's experience in a sister African nation.

If it was done in an European/Western/Middle-Eastern intact, any other continent, the outcry of "Racism" would be deafening.

Let's ask ourselves as Nigerians, why are we like this?.

Why are Nigerians synonymous with Drug related offences in the world today? Why are Nigerians synonymous with Internet fraud, online scams. Credit Card, Identity fraud? Cultism, Human trafficking, Prostitution, Illicit money laundering, Intellectual flight, Counterfeiting etc??. Why!?.

Las Las na we do ourselves in this country.

Most of the youth of today don't have a hardworking mindset, they look up to yahoo boys, they adore drug traffickers flossing illicit wealth, they support and defend corrupt politicians and public officers, they rather be oloshos than read or learn a trade to earn their money.

It's a pandemic, as the level of decay in the Nigerian society seen today is unbelievable and unfortunate.

And the world is watching, observing and reading about these happenings every other day both online and off.

No Nation will have this info about Nigerians and not prove hostile to its people and have an extra guard up before they allow such people pass through their borders.

Na we do ourselves!!! Let's have sense for God's sake & change going forward.
our medias aren’t helping matters...crime is not only synonymous to Nigeria but you don’t see other countries media castigating their citizens like we do here!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Recounts Her Ordeal On Landing In Mozambique by nitt: 7:18am On Jan 28, 2022
Nemesis0147:
our medias aren’t helping matters...crime is not only synonymous to Nigeria but you don’t see other countries media castigating their citizens like we do here!

It's not a media thing per se.

You can't cloak the truth in a digital world.

If there is no bad news to report, the media wouldn't have bad news to report.

Nigerians need a thorough moral reorientation and review of their value system.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Recounts Her Ordeal On Landing In Mozambique by justwise(m): 7:28am On Jan 28, 2022
Nemesis0147:

You blaming the media now hun? They should not report yahoo yahoo boys/girls scamming everyone? They should look away so as to preserve our image from out world?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Recounts Her Ordeal On Landing In Mozambique by Nemesis0147(m): 7:31am On Jan 28, 2022
nitt:

It's not a media thing per se.

You can't cloak the truth in a digital world.

If there is no bad news to report, the media wouldn't have bad news to report.

Nigerians need a thorough moral reorientation and review of their value system.
believe me ,,they are exaggerating the issues....other countries does worse but you don’t get to see it on the cyberspace like that of Nigerians.
Re: Nigerian Lady Recounts Her Ordeal On Landing In Mozambique by Nemesis0147(m): 7:32am On Jan 28, 2022
justwise:

You blaming the media now hun? They should not report yahoo yahoo boys/girls scamming everyone? They should look away so as to preserve our image from out world?
no but they are exaggerating the whole issues sir....
Re: Nigerian Lady Recounts Her Ordeal On Landing In Mozambique by justwise(m): 8:27am On Jan 28, 2022
Nemesis0147:
no but they are exaggerating the whole issues sir....

They are not, crime in Nigeria is under-reported.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Recounts Her Ordeal On Landing In Mozambique by justwise(m): 8:29am On Jan 28, 2022
Nemesis0147:
believe me ,,they are exaggerating the issues....other countries does worse but you don’t get to see it on the cyberspace like that of Nigerians.

They do but you don't read it because it got nothing to do with you.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Recounts Her Ordeal On Landing In Mozambique by Liesel81(f): 2:15pm On Feb 08, 2022
Unfortunately some countries require a letter of invitation to process visas. This is the same with Malawi. I had this discussion with the embassy and then just came to the conclusion these are things someone implemented in the past that have become outdated and yet certain African governments don't see the need to update them. In my case what I did was to get in touch with my Airbnb Host and he provided me with a letter of invitation. I would suggest you write a letter to the ambassador explaining what happened and suggesting the review their visa application requirements. Do not know that they will do it but at least you would have logged a formal complaint
Re: Nigerian Lady Recounts Her Ordeal On Landing In Mozambique by Cousin9999: 4:41pm On Feb 08, 2022
This just confirms the bad feeling I had about Mozambique.

The popular Ghana blogger had this issue too.

Maybe try Angola instead. There's less oyinbos and oyinbo tourists there.
Re: Nigerian Lady Recounts Her Ordeal On Landing In Mozambique by JapaProfessor: 4:53pm On Feb 08, 2022
Always consult extensively before traveling, a single error by omission can create series of problems.

Although i encourage more Nigerians to visit other African countries provided they remain law abiding and treat their hosts with respect and dignity.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Recounts Her Ordeal On Landing In Mozambique by Nobody: 6:04pm On Feb 08, 2022
So you are blaming African sister countries for being unfriendly not knowing Africa is still enslaved and some African countries are more enslaved than others and are simply following policies Caucasian colonialists ordered them to follow.

Here is the solution, consider Africa is one and country borders should be ignored and visa requirements also ignored.

Cross into difficult countries like Mozambique by land using public cross border bus and blend in with locals crossing, those locals if you can manage to communicate with them would advice you how to circumvent border crossing requirements.

Somebody said about contacting the Airbnb to give them the invitation letter, since the lady had booked a hotel she could have asked the hotel to send her the invitation letter by email. She should have requested the top manager in the airport. Also although it may be fruitless effort try contacting Nigerian High Commission in Mozambique.

I search online just now and it appears Mozambique does not have an embassy in Nigeria so it is impossible to get a letter of invitation from their embassy (that doesn't exist). I feel the lady should have stood her ground a bit more.
Re: Nigerian Lady Recounts Her Ordeal On Landing In Mozambique by BloomingDale(f): 12:53pm On Aug 16, 2022
I have no idea what kind of tourism Nigerians are even going to other African countries for.
Re: Nigerian Lady Recounts Her Ordeal On Landing In Mozambique by ednut1(m): 1:02pm On Aug 16, 2022
Juoflife1:
Nigeria is the only country in Africa that accommodates other Africans. Other countries want "mostly" white people. We play big brother, while they treat our citizens with much disrespect.
blame your fellow countrymen for the nonsense. Have you seen where a south african comes to Nigeria to commit crime Or those togolese bricklayers involved in crime in Nigeria We are in south africa, ghana, dubai, india, thailand, kenya doing crime and yahoo. And crying now The babe should sue Ethiopia air for allowing her to board when the policy has changed

(1) (Reply)

Pictures Of Malaysia / . / United Airlines Launches Boeing 787 Dreamliner On Lagos-houston Route!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.