Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,624 members, 7,816,568 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (291) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (907879 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by TanLiJun: 11:46am On Mar 28, 2022
Thanks for your input.

Omiinii:
1.) Be truthful, if you keep information to yourself and it's discovered it's misrepresentation and you get a 5 year ban. VO's aren't career counselors or anything like that. You just have to seem like a trustworthy applicant.

2.) You can actually change career paths. The Reasonableness rests solely on your SOP, you need to make clear explanations as to why.

3.) You can use all your bank account details, add everything that helps demonstrate your financial competence. Especially since you're using 3rd party sponsors.

4.) My advice: put in a clean application, It's easier for you and the officer that way. Less loopeholes will be seen and I'm sure if packaged right you'll get your visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nikky6: 11:54am On Mar 28, 2022
Joedave25:
MUN in Fall

Mun in fall

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by shankeybee: 11:58am On Mar 28, 2022
[quote author=Armah22 post=111431883] +234 806 360 7698
Call her, she’s in Lagos she’s do it for you, you don’t have to travel shell send you the forms and then you thumbprint and scan it to her with your passport data page. It’s 6k[/quote

would it be notarized by her also please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by rotexteymie(f): 12:00pm On Mar 28, 2022
Thanks alot for this information. I was finally able to get a date in April.

God bless you!

ShowYoung:
Perhaps this information may be beneficial to some.

For your medical screening, you will observe that spaces are getting filled up quite quickly nowadays to the extent that slots are no more available for April, the next slots available are from May 11 according to IOM and no available slot for April according to QLife as at yesterday.

After emailing QLife, they responded to me that more slots would be opened for April today. After frequently checking since 12:00am midnight today even though all April slots have initially been taken up, they have finally opened some slots for April and are being taken up quickly. This means they are reallocating slots which have been taken up initially but are not going to be utilized.

Act now before it's late.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by nixymax(f): 12:10pm On Mar 28, 2022
Good Morning Everyone,

Please I have submitted my application and I would like to know if I can do my medicals before I receive the medical request or must I wait for the request first?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Josh3322: 12:39pm On Mar 28, 2022
You can do an upfront medical before you get any request.
nixymax:
Good Morning Everyone,

Please I have submitted my application and I would like to know if I can do my medicals before I receive the medical request or must I wait for the request first?

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Shadybeauty: 1:23pm On Mar 28, 2022
Please when is the graduate studies admission application deadline for fall 2022 intake and commencement date for graduate studies admission application fall 2023 intake for university of New brunswick?
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chubbyface: 1:24pm On Mar 28, 2022
Please can I use a micro finance bank to show proof of funds, cos I work at the bank.
And do you think going with my husband because I have a 3months baby is a good deal?
Plz I need response as I have begin my application already. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Iamgrac: 1:25pm On Mar 28, 2022
Good afternoon everyone,

I'm currently typing a statement of purpose for my nephew, but I need help in some parts
His mother is the one who would be sponsoring him.
His mother has only a few landed properties but his Father's has a lot
Since it's his mother that's sponsoring him.
in the part of financial support in the sop, is it okay if I also include his father in it or it should be strictly his mother as she would be the one sponsoring him.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ANGELAREE: 1:26pm On Mar 28, 2022
Please can anyone give me good reasons for lump sum in my sponsors bank account
My mum can sponsor me but she doesn’t have the 10m in her account rn
But she has lands and properties but we’re scared it’ll be considered lump sum if she sells something and transfer all the money to her account
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ketima: 1:32pm On Mar 28, 2022
ShowYoung:
Perhaps this information may be beneficial to some.

For your medical screening, you will observe that spaces are getting filled up quite quickly nowadays to the extent that slots are no more available for April, the next slots available are from May 11 according to IOM and no available slot for April according to QLife as at yesterday.

After emailing QLife, they responded to me that more slots would be opened for April today. After frequently checking since 12:00am midnight today even though all April slots have initially been taken up, they have finally opened some slots for April and are being taken up quickly. This means they are reallocating slots which have been taken up initially but are not going to be utilized.

Act now before it's late.

Excellent. You did well ShowYoung.

To add to this, if you want to do medicals and from websites, all dates are booked, please always call the customer care numbers. Most times slot comes out even before it gets published as some people do not show up for medicals. So don't only rely on the information on the website. Always call them.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 1:56pm On Mar 28, 2022
After 10 months I received bvl but still no final decision.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by buckyfof(m): 2:15pm On Mar 28, 2022
Blazca:

They have made a final decision on your application.

Just to wait for it na him remain. I'm sure it's PPR

Be positive.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by feistymikey(m): 2:28pm On Mar 28, 2022
I’m not a guru, but since your mom is your sponsor, and she’s the sole owner of the properties, she can sell them, transfer the money to her bank account. Then you add all the property documents, evidence of sales, receipts , invoice etc to your application
She should explain this In her signed letter of support.
You should also explain it in your letter of explanation.
ANGELAREE:
Please can anyone give me good reasons for lump sum in my sponsors bank account
My mum can sponsor me but she doesn’t have the 10m in her account rn
But she has lands and properties but we’re scared it’ll be considered lump sum if she sells something and transfer all the money to her account
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by KellyKk: 2:34pm On Mar 28, 2022
Blazca:
Decision has been made

If you have done medical it’s 50/50 And if you haven’t I don’t think that’s a good sign

All in all hope for the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 2:45pm On Mar 28, 2022
Blazca:

Congrats in advance. We receive your good news in faith. I have been waiting for you and Johnchan.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by MDuru: 2:56pm On Mar 28, 2022
Hey Omiinii. I'm new here. Pleasr I'd like to know the info you have on canadian study permit. Eg. What are the requirements for applying for canadian study permit? Also does the Nigerian study express program function?

Omiinii:
1.) Be truthful, if you keep information to yourself and it's discovered it's misrepresentation and you get a 5 year ban. VO's aren't career counselors or anything like that. You just have to seem like a trustworthy applicant.

2.) You can actually change career paths. The Reasonableness rests solely on your SOP, you need to make clear explanations as to why.

3.) You can use all your bank account details, add everything that helps demonstrate your financial competence. Especially since you're using 3rd party sponsors.

4.) My advice: put in a clean application, It's easier for you and the officer that way. Less loopeholes will be seen and I'm sure if packaged right you'll get your visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by chizzybaby247: 3:34pm On Mar 28, 2022
Hello house,
I have B.eng in Elect/Elect Engineering, with 12 years work experience in my field, has some experiences in online business, has marketed a lot of products online. i would like to apply for Business Information Technology in Seneca College. i would like to know if the choice of program is suitable for my background.
Davidbanky:

Okay, thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Omiinii: 3:34pm On Mar 28, 2022
I believe NSE pilot initiative is still considered. Ircc do not request for the documentation any longer. If you have it submit it.

All the information you need concerning application is on the first page of this thread. Goodluck
MDuru:
Hey Omiinii. I'm new here. Pleasr I'd like to know the info you have on canadian study permit. Eg. What are the requirements for applying for canadian study permit? Also does the Nigerian study express program function?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Iamgrac: 3:46pm On Mar 28, 2022
Good afternoon everyone,

I'm currently typing a statement of purpose for my nephew, but I need help in some parts
His mother is the one who would be sponsoring him. But she has only a few landed properties whereas his Father has a lot
Since it's his mother that's sponsoring him.
in the part of financial support in the sop, is it okay if I also include his father in it or it should be strictly his mother as she would be the one sponsoring him.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 3:58pm On Mar 28, 2022
Chubbyface:
Please can I use a micro finance bank to show proof of funds, cos I work at the bank.
And do you think going with my husband because I have a 3months baby is a good deal?
Plz I need response as I have begin my application already. Thanks

IRCC never mentioned a particular type of bank. They mentioned "financial institution" which could mean banks of any type, non-bank financial institution (insurance companies, brokerage houses, mutual funds companies, stocks etc)

Their intention is to see how fast the money can be converted to cash.

Some people have used forex trading account, mutual fund papers, even microfinance bank accounts for PR. Even me, I attached a PoS wallet account from a microfinance bank alongside other bank accounts. My intention is to show that my accounts are busy and that I am working and earning good salary.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Belle110: 4:03pm On Mar 28, 2022
Oh wow, I understand this feeling, I was very naive when I submitted my application thinking optional documents are not very required, not knowing anything can push your application further. Although this agent seems wicked though.

I sent optional documents over webform, specifically, this email address: abuja-IM-Enquiry@international.gc.ca always confirm and never gives a generic response. So mail them and make sure to add URGENT as the first word in your subject line, you will surely get a reply in few hours. Keep mailing ABJ till to get a reply.
Please send over Nairobi webform too to keep checks and history.

This can be helpful to others to send over documents quickly.

ShowYoung:

The agent that helped me fill my application said TEMPORARY RESIDENCE FORM IMM5257E doesn't concern me.

Can I still send it via webform?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by MotunrayoD: 4:11pm On Mar 28, 2022
Hello everyone , pls I’d like to ask if it’s necessary to notarize all the documents one is submitting for the application. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Armah22: 4:16pm On Mar 28, 2022
[quote author=shankeybee post=111438493][/quote] why would you notarize police report ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Armah22: 4:17pm On Mar 28, 2022
MotunrayoD:
Hello everyone , pls I’d like to ask if it’s necessary to notarize all the documents one is submitting for the application. Thanks.
no it’s not necessary
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teezkid: 4:22pm On Mar 28, 2022
That’s awesome. What were the things you submitted?
kevinexit:

I didn't submit any SOP oooo yet got PPR..

Pls celebrate grace for me..

God did it for me.. if God says yes.. nothing can stop the process..

I urge every visa applicant to wait upon the lord.. and walk in light ..

Na God dey give visa..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ketima: 4:34pm On Mar 28, 2022
MotunrayoD:

Noo. But if using sponsor, try get your sponsorsorship documents notarized.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Oluwanishore(f): 4:48pm On Mar 28, 2022
littlekaos:
Hi everyone,
Is anyone going to MUN Newfoundland in fall ? Or is there anyone already there.

MUN fall 2022
Graduate Dip Business Administration

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 4:51pm On Mar 28, 2022
Tt

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by tuneao: 4:59pm On Mar 28, 2022
@ShowYoung which school in us?

Meanwhile, if you'll love to study outside Canada, some universities and colleges in the US accept HND pass and Bachelor degree third class for Master degree directly.

ShowYoung:

Advance Diploma is different from Post Graduate Diploma while Post Graduate Diploma means Graduate Diploma/Certificate.

Advance Diploma is an undergraduate credential that usually takes 2 years to complete after having completed a diploma, while Graduate Certificate/Diploma is a Graduate ( post graduate as we do call it in Africa) credential that takes 8 months (1 year) or more to complete. It mostly requires a degree or, ocassionally, an Advance Diploma as one of admission requirements.

If you are from Nigeria and you have HND or Bachelor degree but you can't go for Master degree directly because you have below second class upper, Graduate Certificate is for you.

If you have ND, but you don't delight in pursuing Bachelor degree, Advance Diploma is good for you.

Meanwhile, if you'll love to study outside Canada, some universities and colleges in the US accept HND pass and Bachelor degree third class for Master degree directly.

I hope this answers your questions
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by chukshobayo: 5:00pm On Mar 28, 2022
Good day house! Please I need advice here. A relative of mine consulted an agent to process
Canada work visa for me. Along the line I started doubting this agent. That was when I searched on this thread and discover that one can apply without an agent per se. I wish I knew this earlier. Now I want to see if I can apply through study route. My fear is that I dont know the extent to which this agent has gone as they don't update me properly on the steps neither do I see mails as to the update of the visa process. The only thing is that they ask for some documents which i have submitted were poloce reports, passport data page and passport photograph and other documents but no updates on how far it has gone. So is it possible for me to go ahead and try the study route process especially for masters degree though I would love to apply for PhD but don't think I have enough funds to process it so I settled to try the masters degree route. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 5:02pm On Mar 28, 2022
tuneao:
@ShowYoung which school in us?

There are, but I don't have their details now. You can go hunting for them yourself.

Meanwhile I forgot to add that they take also your "work experience" into consideration.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.