Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,492 members, 7,836,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (482) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (928565 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Beautifulchy: 6:12pm On May 08, 2022
[quote author=Mamawetel post=112642329]Check Fanshawe college for the course you would like to apply for and then make your application through applyboard.com

[Thank you. So I can apply directly on the site because I saw here where they said you have to use an agent]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Filanodivine(m): 6:13pm On May 08, 2022
Hello everyone, I did an upfront medical on march and I submitted my application last month being April. I just did biometrics last week and it has been updated on IRCC website. Do I need to mail them to inform them of the upfront I did or just let them review it when they can?? Although I notified I’ve done upfront while filling the online form before submission
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chinnychappy: 6:30pm On May 08, 2022
True. I already sent out an email to one of the schools with relaxed requirements. I still await a feedback though. Thank you .
Lekiboboe:

Hi

I don't know if Canada admit HND holders with a PGD for their Masters program, you might need to do reach out to the school on that or await a response from the house.

Your friend should do his research on the Relationship/Corelation between Public Administration and Social Work, Peace and Conflict etc. If there is a connection and if he can tailor his ACADEMIC background and Work Experience to the mentioned field, then he is good to go.

Note that work experience is not an admission requirement, it's just to solidify the profile of someone whose work experience is related to his/her field of study (Academic background)

Just like this scenario

A BSC holder of Microbiology with Accounting work experience would very likely not be considered for a Masters in Accountancy because he/she doesn't have Academic background in Accounting or related field.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Keren12: 6:48pm On May 08, 2022
Heloo guys. Please, in my last application which was last year August. I used access bank for my proof of fund. After refusal I notice that this guys want to milk me with stamp duty charge and some unnecessary charges . I got angry and moved all my money into a different bank. My question now is access use to be my salary account when I applied. But now I am working for myself. Hope no issue if I apply with my current bank?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Additivesupplie: 6:56pm On May 08, 2022
I need your help my wonderful people o

How can I apply for PTA abeg o.

I'm trying to apply online via the trade system but after putting in my BVN the system sent an OTP to the email I used for my BVN registration and I don't have access to it again.

Can I go the bank and request for PTA without first applying online please? I'm running out of time please. The system has really changed, I used to get it inside bank in less than an hour before o.

Or is it mandatory to apply online for PTA?
Is applying from bank directly doable please.

It's a visit visa not student visa o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Sam796476: 7:08pm On May 08, 2022
Good day everyone, my sponsor received a lump sum of about ₦10million in his account. The money was gotten from the sale of a land, and I have documents to back it up including the receipt that was issued to the buyer. Is it advisable to state in the SOP that the funds from the sale of the land is solely for the purpose of study. Makano, Anon, Ominii, Osemigbo and others, Pls your opinions would really help. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by mrprolifik: 7:09pm On May 08, 2022
Keren12:
Heloo guys. Please, in my last application which was last year August. I used access bank for my proof of fund. After refusal I notice that this guys want to milk me with stamp duty charge and some unnecessary charges . I got angry and moved all my money into a different bank. My question now is access use to be my salary account when I applied. But now I am working for myself. Hope no issue if I apply with my current bank?

No problem . Since you now operate your own business just make sure you are able to also provide records of your tax.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 160485(f): 7:11pm On May 08, 2022
Toceen2022:
Please, anyone who did medical at IOM Ikeja. Is there a parking lot, or they don't have for those coming for medical?

Yes please. You pay N500
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by legenduq(m): 7:15pm On May 08, 2022
Yes, sometimes you won't get any acknowledgement. Since it's not up to 14days, expect a response by next week.

Chuksiesmom:
My spouse sent additional documents via webform on 23rd April. Didnt receive any automated mail and no acknowledgement yet. Is this normal? This was his 1st webform raised.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by marexluv(f): 7:15pm On May 08, 2022
Makah00:

Pls have you gotten admission. I applied to university of Winnipeg for ma economics.. the wait is tiring
yes but I didn’t apply to Winnipeg
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by marexluv(f): 7:16pm On May 08, 2022
Please can I use a zero balance salary account and a savings account the money is been transferred to for proof or fund or should I just use the savings account
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 7:17pm On May 08, 2022
blessingflow:

Thank you. Please can I know the countries?

Hello blessing, am going to apply for a UK visa soon and I believe I have a canada ban though I have never got any GCMS. An agent submitted fake documents, case has been with police since 2019. Am keenly observing your process to know what canada decides.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by shinaxurdick: 7:24pm On May 08, 2022
Pls guys.. is there anyone that has applied and paid through “applyboard” .. i want to confirm if their payment rate if is straight CAD or USD.. please this is urgent.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Johnsan6237: 7:30pm On May 08, 2022
Hello gurus. Thanks for all you're doing here.
I really need help for my brother.

He's looking for a sch in Canada he could get Funding for PhD in acounting against next year . Trust me, I've searched within my little capacity, the one I saw (University of Toronto) has no Funding for any research from that field.
He's got about 17yrs banking experience as an Auditor and has CISA and ACCA

Your suggestions will be truly appreciated!
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Obibaby: 7:35pm On May 08, 2022
You should have submitted the slip that was given to you when you did your Medicals, along with other documents when you applied for visa.
The unique number on the slip is what IRCC will use to identify your results sent by the hospital. So now you have to send the slip via webform ASAP.

Filanodivine:
Hello everyone, I did an upfront medical on march and I submitted my application last month being April. I just did biometrics last week and it has been updated on IRCC website. Do I need to mail them to inform them of the upfront I did or just let them review it when they can?? Although I notified I’ve done upfront while filling the online form before submission

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by mrprolifik: 7:47pm On May 08, 2022
Johnsan6237:
Hello gurus. Thanks for all you're doing here.
I really need help for my brother.

He's looking for a sch in Canada he could get Funding for PhD in acounting against next year . Trust me, I've searched within my little capacity, the one I saw (University of Toronto) has no Funding for any research from that field.
He's got about 17yrs banking experience as an Auditor and has CISA and ACCA

Your suggestions will be truly appreciated!
Thanks

University of Waterloo
McGill University
York University
University of Alberta (Alberta business school)
University of Manitoba
University of British Columbia
Carlton University.
I hope this helps. Good luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kweje: 7:48pm On May 08, 2022
shinaxurdick:
Pls guys.. is there anyone that has applied and paid through “applyboard” .. i want to confirm if their payment rate if is straight CAD or USD.. please this is urgent.

Applyboard charges the application fee of college/universities in Canadian dollars.
Before the reduction of Nigerian bank cards to $20, i notice a 100 CAD application fee was about N39k in Naira when i used a Naira master card. Nigerians can’t use that method of payment anymore.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by vividlooks(f): 7:49pm On May 08, 2022
You have to apply online in order to get PTA.

WRT the email issue, visit the bank where you registered for your Bvn to update your email.
**Note this change doesn't reflect immediately**

Additivesupplie:
I need your help my wonderful people o

How can I apply for PTA abeg o.

I'm trying to apply online via the trade system but after putting in my BVN the system sent an OTP to the email I used for my BVN registration and I don't have access to it again.

Can I go the bank and request for PTA without first applying online please? I'm running out of time please. The system has really changed, I used to get it inside bank in less than an hour before o.

Or is it mandatory to apply online for PTA?
Is applying from bank directly doable please.

It's a visit visa not student visa o

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 7:49pm On May 08, 2022
Sirkenny44:

That was fast
Pls how much were you charge for medical mine comes up on 11 May

You mean you haven’t paid and secured your spot already?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by vividlooks(f): 7:50pm On May 08, 2022
Sirkenny44:

That was fast
Pls how much were you charge for medical mine comes up on 11 May

I paid 46,500 if I remember correctly.

You'll see the amount due when you book a slot.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by vividlooks(f): 7:53pm On May 08, 2022
CharitoJames:

You mean you haven’t paid and secured your spot already?

Even I didn't pay until the day before my appointment �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Omiinii: 7:53pm On May 08, 2022
Yes you can explain this lump sum and use the necessary documents as evidence of the sale.

I'll advise you pay your first year tuition from this amount so it'll prove to the officer that your sponsor is willing to commit to your education.
Sam796476:
Good day everyone, my sponsor received a lump sum of about ₦10million in his account. The money was gotten from the sale of a land, and I have documents to back it up including the receipt that was issued to the buyer. Is it advisable to state in the SOP that the funds from the sale of the land is solely for the purpose of study. Makano, Anon, Ominii, Osemigbo and others, Pls your opinions would really help. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by shinaxurdick: 7:57pm On May 08, 2022
kweje:

Applyboard charges the application fee of college/universities in Canadian dollars.
Before the reduction of Nigerian bank cards to $20, i notice a 100 CAD application fee was about N39k in Naira when i used a Naira master card. Nigerians can’t use that method of payment anymore.

oh.. so What if am now using my barta flutterwave virtual card through the applyboard.. how much are they going to charge for 150 CAD
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by lamash: 7:59pm On May 08, 2022
shinaxurdick:

Rate is CAD..I paid 105 cad for an application and was charged 85 usd
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Johnsan6237: 8:07pm On May 08, 2022
Thank you so much

University of Waterloo
McGill University
York University
University of Alberta (Alberta business school)
University of Manitoba
University of British Columbia
Carlton University.
I hope this helps. Good luck[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by shinaxurdick: 8:10pm On May 08, 2022
lamash:

Rate is CAD..I paid 105 cad for an application and was charged 85 usd
which card do you use please.. I mailed you pls, can we talk please... just need a proper explanation. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Additivesupplie: 8:14pm On May 08, 2022
vividlooks:
You have to apply online in order to get PTA.

WRT the email issue, visit the bank where you registered for your Bvn to update your email.
**Note this change doesn't reflect immediately**

Thank you so much.
I will make sure I update my bvn ASAP.

I have applied for the PTA through access bank Internet banking directly.
There's an option on access Internet banking for that.

I hope access bank will respond ASAP, I choose deposit into my DOM account directly not cash
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Sirkenny44: 8:24pm On May 08, 2022
vividlooks:

I paid 46,500 if I remember correctly.

You'll see the amount due when you book a slot.

Thanks you did your at qlife clinic right
Try booking but I saw payment before booking
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 160485(f): 8:39pm On May 08, 2022
CentennialGuy:

I believe if you defer, the new LOA will contain the new conditions. So you should see the new due date. But if you are curious to know when the new due date will be before you defer, then you should mail them and ask them.

Did you make full payment of your tuition fees before enrolling first semester courses at Centennial College?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Remix10(m): 9:00pm On May 08, 2022
bomsilaga:
Hello great people.
Please be kind enough to help me out. I have been an ardent follower of UK and Aussie migration routes so I didnt try to know much about Canny waka.
My scenario
I got disappointed by my UK school and I immediately read through this thread and eventually got an admission offer from a College in Ontario for September intake for a course of 8months with a total tuition fee of $17k
I need to pay $9.6k for acceptance but the issue is I have just the tuition fee and not the living expenses of $10k.
Also, I am far gone in my Aussie movement and can get PR anytime soon so not too keen about the Canada PGWP even though I want it.
Strong ties is a business, landed inheritance, nuclear and aged parent.
Please advise:
Will the course duration pose a problem at the visa office?
Can a gift deed of over $10k affect my chances?
Can I get study loans for that duration also considering that it is from a college?
If there are loan agents willing to offer a loan, and I present a Canadian cosigner, will this also affect my application?
Can I use a loan from an individual and show evidence of same?
Should I mention my Australian visa application during interview?
My tuition deposit for the UK school is yet to drop in my account, can I initiate another form A payment? ie if it still works.
Should I even try to go further?

So sorry for the epistle and help me out.
Thanks

Bro can I DM you I want to ask you about the Aussie movement, thanks. I need clarification.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Belle110: 9:09pm On May 08, 2022
Keren12:

Yes, you can, I use Access bank for my salary account but I always move money to another bank. And it was that bank's statement I submitted. As long as it is yours and there is good inflow and outflow, there's no problem.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by lamash: 9:22pm On May 08, 2022
shinaxurdick:
which card do you use please.. I mailed you pls, can we talk please... just need a proper explanation. Thanks

Open a dollar account, fund it with dollars 4rm bureau de change and request for a dollar debit card. Saves u the high exchange n stress of flutterwave

(1) (2) (3) ... (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) ... (920)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.