Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,140 members, 7,811,210 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:42 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (517) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (904179 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by vividlooks(f): 7:08pm On May 16, 2022
ameryzzy:
PPR ohhhhhh,

@makano God bless you,

I dey come abeg, happiness wan finish me

I join in your happiness ooo.
Congratulations. May Canny land favor you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by TomisinFemi: 7:36pm On May 16, 2022
Omiinii:
Upfront. After your medicals send the medical information sheet via webform/mail so they'll update it on your profile.

Is this compulsory?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by vividlooks(f): 7:37pm On May 16, 2022
TomisinFemi:

Is this compulsory?

If your medical is upfront, YES.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by taskcompleteng: 7:40pm On May 16, 2022
Hello Fam

Pls I want to apply for PGD in supply chain management, pls which school will you advise that I pick that I can easily apply for PR even before graduation or getting PR and Work won’t be difficult,

Pls advise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 7:44pm On May 16, 2022
CharitoJames:
Good morning All...
So here is a list of food items you can comfortably take to Canada.

Cray fish (blend it to avoid poking)

Stock fish

Smoked fish

Powdered maggi (chicken flavor isn’t allowed but you can repack in a ziplock and name it spice... no shaa forget say na maggi when you wan use am)

Palm oil ( Freeze it for about a week before you travel, let it turn to stone so it won’t defrost easily)

Blended dry pepper ( Red ones or even Cameroon pepper)

Egusi, Osu, Okpei, Achi

Beans, Bean powder

Ogbono ( blend too, we want everything neatly packed and don’t forget to put names on them)

Dry Iru

Spices ( friedrice spice oh, jollof spice oh etc)
Pepper soup spice.( trust me, you will need pepper soup alot, cold no be here)

Suya spice/Yaji ( If you grill chicken with yaji eh! You go chop finger, walahi)

Garri (packed in ziplock oh! Domestic carry sack like Mr Okoro)

Ground nut and Peanuts ( our Nigerian groundnut is on another level, you can’t get same taste in Canada... in plastic bottle oh)

Your favorite snacks that are not in Canada, pack them too. Na you go pay for extra luggage size.

Medication (Very important... there are no mosquitoes there but you fit still carry malaria drugs.. getting drugs over there isn’t as easy as walking into a pharmacy here..Get your paracetamol, flagyl, ibuprofen, vitamin C, your supplements etc

Aboniki balm ( Very important please, you won’t get hot balm over there and aboniki is sooo expensive there, get a pack or 2 if possible.

Ogi/ Akamu/ Pap (If you are a pap lover like me, mbok carry am go especially ginger pap..you can put in a ziplock and freeze to stone or NOT! Pap no dey quick spoil).

Ukpaka/ Ugba/ Oil bean ( If you still want your roasted plantain and yam feel over there, carry this along, you can just refrigerate and put in your bag the day you are traveling )

Vegetables ,Ugu/ Ewedu/ Bitter leaf ( Wash your bitter leaf to the point you want the bitter taste,put in a ziplock and freeze, slice your ugu after washing... allow to dry again like water never touched it and put inna ziplock.. pick your ewedu too and do like the ugu)

For the stubborn ones that must carry yam... slice it up, peel and cut in sizes then put in ziplock and leave in the fridge before you travel... yam can last up to 3 weeks even when stored this way, it will still be fresh any day you want to use it.

Okpa flour/Bambara nut ( I already said flour so don’t forget to grind it and name it)

Abacha

For my ladies, Don’t forget...

Relaxer

Pads ( Some of us have a particular one we are used to and don’t react to...so pack some with you before you get another one that will replace it over there... you wouldn’t want to start searching for a suitable pad the moment you get there.

Milk isn’t allowed but people take it in. Just repack in a ziplock and name it a different thing like bean flour, bambara powder, yam flour, rice flour/tuwo etc.. Just any powder that look like milk and please when they pick interest in your milk particularly, stand your ground without shaking and tell them it’s what you named it and not milk, go ahead and ask them to taste it if they want and ask them why you would want to take milk in when it’s not allowed... Like who gets this far and ends up wasting time because of milk. But if you will start shaking, kuku no carry milk.

NB: Every packed food item must be in Ziplock or transparent bag so it can be visible enough.

There are other food items but these are the most common ones. From this list, you can have an idea of other things you can carry.

I don’t think seeds are allowed because they think you will plant them.
No poultry products like chicken maggi and the rest, anything with chicken on it is a No even benny and mivina used to season chicken.. so pour content in a ziplock and name Spice M and Spice B.

Then your personal things shaa.
Go with a Universal Adaptor oh, very important because their sockets isn’t same as ours so you don’t get stock incase your chargers don’t fit in.

Guys, don’t bother going with your Nigerian clipper, it can’t be used there or so i heard.

Thanks

I had to quote for those that haven’t seen it... it’s a guide on the food items you can take to Canada and how to package them.

10 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 8:01pm On May 16, 2022
It's always a pleasure to be here, today I will be passing some informations based on my personal 3 weeks experience.
number 1 is money. it is very important that you have enough money to at least cover 1 year tuition or at least 2 terms NB there are three terms in a year. reason being that your student work permit is very limiting, for ppl with scholarships and funding this does not apply to them things are very expensive here compared to back home and the taxes are a thing about another day.
lets do the math $13/hr, 20 hrs a week, 4 weeks in a month = $1040 excluding tips and taxes house rent for a room lowest I think is an average of $500/month. rent go as high as $1200 for a reasonable studio so you can see something in between. unless you are going to break the IRCC 20hr/week rule, you can not make enough money for tuition. ( N.B this calculations is dependent on your province)
Having someone in a province/city you are planning to start your studies will give you a much needed soft landing. so start making those contacts now as soon as you are sure you are moving. N/B please do not pay for accommodation online use Airbnb then when you arrive you make sure to physically inspect your new place before moving in.
Again this is about money, make adequate plans so that you have at least 2 months without earning trust me this will help you settle in faster.
house hunting here can be a little tricky, imagine moving to Lagos or abuja for the first time, how long do you think it will take you to find a decent place to stay. lol Canada is no different so try arriving early before classes, (2weeks at least).
most apt go for 1 year lease so it's a bit tricky breaking that lease when you finally find out you don't like it. all in all I like it here definitely better than Nigeria but I think agents and what nots go about painting this fairy tale picture about Canada.
Please bring your medications, especially anti malaria, make sure it has a long expiration date, to see DR here is tricky and getting meds from a pharmacy you require prescription.
As for food situation when you come you go see lol
I wish you all luck in your application and may God grant you PPR.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chuksiesmom: 8:10pm On May 16, 2022
Yaaayyyyyyy. Thank you God!!!!! Congrats..... May the land favour you. grin cheesy

Afolavid:
PPPPPPPPPPPRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin cheesy

App Submitted - Mar 31, 2022 (11PM)
Upfront Medical - Feb 24, 2022
Biometrics - Apr 4, 2022
Medicals Passed - Apr 5, 2022
BVL/PPR - May 16, 2022 (1:52PM)
Duration - 6 Weeks (1st time App)

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by thaiwo1234: 8:11pm On May 16, 2022
Hello
Been a silent reader
Got my ppr today
Feb 28 applicant

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chuksiesmom: 8:12pm On May 16, 2022
Go to page 1 of this thread. All the information you need is there.

iamblessed17:

Hi I also got admitted to the university of Manitoba, undergrad
I sha used an agent

gurus please guide him
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chuksiesmom: 8:14pm On May 16, 2022
Are they all on this platform? Congrats to them.

CharitoJames:
April 5th, 7th, 9th, 10th and April 15th got response today. God remember me too... i tap into this divine speed and positive response. Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jbrighto: 8:17pm On May 16, 2022
amila20042001:
Try centennial college, it's free of application fee. Thanks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by lamash: 8:19pm On May 16, 2022
thaiwo1234:
Hello
Been a silent reader
Got my ppr today
Feb 28 applicant

Congrats

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by lamash: 8:20pm On May 16, 2022
Calmdancer21:
It's always a pleasure to be here, today I will be passing some informations based on my personal 3 weeks experience.
number 1 is money. it is very important that you have enough money to at least cover 1 year tuition or at least 2 terms NB there are three terms in a year. reason being that your student work permit is very limiting, for ppl with scholarships and funding this does not apply to them things are very expensive here compared to back home and the taxes are a thing about another day.
lets do the math $13/hr, 20 hrs a week, 4 weeks in a month = $1040 excluding tips and taxes house rent for a room lowest I think is an average of $500/month. rent go as high as $1200 for a reasonable studio so you can see something in between. unless you are going to break the IRCC 20hr/week rule, you can not make enough money for tuition. ( N.B this calculations is dependent on your province)
Having someone in a province/city you are planning to start your studies will give you a much needed soft landing. so start making those contacts now as soon as you are sure you are moving. N/B please do not pay for accommodation online use Airbnb then when you arrive you make sure to physically inspect your new place before moving in.
Again this is about money, make adequate plans so that you have at least 2 months without earning trust me this will help you settle in faster.
house hunting here can be a little tricky, imagine moving to Lagos or abuja for the first time, how long do you think it will take you to find a decent place to stay. lol Canada is no different so try arriving early before classes, (2weeks at least).
most apt go for 1 year lease so it's a bit tricky breaking that lease when you finally find out you don't like it. all in all I like it here definitely better than Nigeria but I think agents and what nots go about painting this fairy tale picture about Canada.
Please bring your medications, especially anti malaria, make sure it has a long expiration date, to see DR here is tricky and getting meds from a pharmacy you require prescription.

Sooo valid, omo by God's grace I wan pay for 1 full year tuition before I comot naijaa. Make person dey hustle 2nd year. .

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Belle110: 8:23pm On May 16, 2022
CharitoJames:

I can’t wait oh! Thanks a lot... i will scream soon too

Amen grin grin grin that shout ehn, it's from within... You'll feel so happy, you'll start watching Canadian vlogs picturing yourself there already. grin

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Tcrown2020(f): 8:26pm On May 16, 2022
quin9:
Guys!!!!
Its PPR!!!… For me and my son
See what the Lord has done…
See what the Lord has done
What I’ve been waiting for has come to pass…see what the Lord has done!

Long post loading,I have it ready just serving y’all a lil suspense…lol

Congratulations! This goodness will.go round us all in Jesus mighty name..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chuksiesmom: 8:29pm On May 16, 2022
Congratulations. I think you are No. 4 today. May the land favour you. 10weeks right? This week will for sure be better than last week. grin cheesy

thaiwo1234:
Hello
Been a silent reader
Got my ppr today
Feb 28 applicant

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chuksiesmom: 8:32pm On May 16, 2022
Hahahaa Belle. You made me laugh. We will all experience this feeling. When are you leaving

Belle110:

Amen grin grin grin that shout ehn, it's from within... You'll feel so happy, you'll start watching Canadian vlogs picturing yourself there already. grin

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chuksiesmom: 8:36pm On May 16, 2022
Oh really! On this platform alone. Cuz i have just seen 4. Way to go grin cheesy

CharitoJames:

I’ve seen about 7 today oh... all between April 5 and 19th... Most of which is GCKey

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ewaade23: 8:51pm On May 16, 2022
Afolavid:

Biometrics - Apr 4, 2022
March 24…. God remember me too for goodnews

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ejosb: 9:04pm On May 16, 2022
April 4th ohhhh. God hear my plea

April 11 . Take control God�[/quote]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jeff5gold: 9:05pm On May 16, 2022
Josh3322:
What school are you in?

NorQuest college
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by FAVANA: 9:06pm On May 16, 2022
Congratulations
thaiwo1234:
Hello
Been a silent reader
Got my ppr today
Feb 28 applicant

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Belle110: 9:09pm On May 16, 2022
Chuksiesmom:
Hahahaa Belle. You made me laugh. We will all experience this feeling. When are you leaving

by august oh

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chinnychappy: 9:11pm On May 16, 2022
Congratulations Agolavid. New or old pprtal?
Afolavid:

Biometrics - Apr 4, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jbrighto: 9:12pm On May 16, 2022
amila20042001:
Try centennial college, it's free of application fee.
Its $110.not free

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ameryzzy(f): 9:16pm On May 16, 2022
Oya ohh,

It has finally ended in praise..

I got my PPR today after exactly a month after applying.

All thanks and glory to God. Ahh only Him deserves my praise

And special thanks to the rear gem and guru himself on this platform @Makano.

Here goes my tineline.

GC Key Portal
Submission April 15th 2022
Biometric Request Letter April 15th 2022
Biometrics Updated 28th April 2022
Upfront Medical IOM Uploaded 28th April 2022
Medical passed May 12 2022
PPR 16th May 2022.

Destination Vancouver BC,

My Hubby is my sponsor

Documents Submitted

LOA
Telex copy of tuition deposit payment
SOP
My birth certificate
Waec certificate
Degree certificate
IELTS result
Marriage and name change documents
Nysc certificate
University Transcript
My Resume
My former job confirmation of appointment
Confirmation of Appointment in my present place of work
My last 4 months payslips
Reference letter form my place of work
My staff ID
Training certificates
Police certificate
Nin slip
My pension statement
My covid vaccine card
Wedding pictures
Pictures of myself, husband and daughter
My family picture with my parents and siblings
Birth Certificate of my siblings
Picture of my family picture with my parents and siblings
Hubby's MBS statement
My piggy vest account statement.

I got Makano's contact here on nairaland from a guy that shared his ppr where he mentioned Makano took his time to help him with his application.

Omo I rush chat Baba ohh cos I wanted to do it myself but wanted a professional and reliable guidance, I disturb am shaaaaa, reviewing and re-reviewing, even calling the family man up at odd hours cos of application, I had to beg him to plead with his wife oo cos i dey always call am mostly at night(that is the time he has time for calls) cos me myself be married woman, so i uderstand when one is always calling my hubby at odd hours. Lol. and thank God it really ended in Praise as he will always say.
Makano is best at what he does,.. I followed all his professional guidance and advise. Makano sacrificed his time( picking calls at odd hours) and put in his best as regards reviewing my application as a whole.

I followed all his instructions and what to do and not. Oga dey truly competent abeg in visa processing and also very compassionate. God bless you greatly sir.

God bless everyone here taking their time to share their timelines. I would be an ingrate not to share mine

I don't have any land properties ohh but God proved himself.

For all other waiting, it shall all end in praise

I will advise you patronize Makano Global Service at makanoglobalservices@gmail.com for Study and spousal permit application. They are reliable, dependable, their service is affordable and their expertise is topnotch.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Aimwest(m): 9:18pm On May 16, 2022
Pls guys, help this is my third post here and no one has help me with my questions.
I just got admitted into University of Manitoba (undergrad)
Pls enlighten me on documents I will be needing to apply for the student visa. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by favourdamsel: 9:19pm On May 16, 2022
God will help us.
Calmdancer21:
number 1 is money. it is very important that

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Meenah2hot: 9:22pm On May 16, 2022
taskcompleteng:
Hello Fam

Pls I want to apply for PGD in supply chain management, pls which school will you advise that I pick that I can easily apply for PR even before graduation or getting PR and Work won’t be difficult,

Pls advise
That's is the course I want to apply for, I have applied to Douglas but didn't get admission because I have third class. I hope your question is answered so I can get info. Too

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lezy: 9:25pm On May 16, 2022
Did you use old GC Key or New IRCC portal?

hayoBams:
Good day everyone,

So I just submitted my study permit application yesterday (may 14th) I pray it'll end in praise for all of us.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by vividlooks(f): 9:37pm On May 16, 2022
[quote author=Jbrighto post=112898694][/quote]

Centennial is free. Send their team a mail to reconfirm this

(1) (2) (3) ... (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) ... (920)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.