Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,373 members, 7,836,515 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (585) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (928223 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ableman101: 9:36am On May 31, 2022
Blessed451:

Your son is your dependant so the duration of his visa is not an issue, na VO discretion and with your study permit of 2 years you can extend his visa in Canada, he's also entitled to attend school and your spouse an open work permit.

Sha make sure you have visa before you go on yr vacation o, as your study permit won't allow u in

Hi please I have a very private personal question to ask you urgently.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 9:37am On May 31, 2022
smiley cheesy
Whitenaira2014:
Thank you ShowYoung,

I have no application that i haven't submitted but I am confused that's why I shared with gurus like you. On the new portal if a step is not completed you cannot move to next stage and my application has been submitted. But as a nervous applicant I don't want to make mistake.Thanks

wink cheesy cheesy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by shankeybee: 9:38am On May 31, 2022
I just got request for my passport, coming back to share my timeline with documents submitted. Thanks to everyone for the insightful thread. A decision was made in less than a month

59 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 9:40am On May 31, 2022
shankeybee:
I just got request for my passport, coming back to share my timeline with documents submitted. Thanks to everyone for the insightful thread. A decision was made in less than a month
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chiziteremary: 9:54am On May 31, 2022
Congrats. May the land of Canada favour u. Mine is next in Jesus name.

shankeybee:

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by HazeeyzaH(f): 10:06am On May 31, 2022
Mamawetel:

So sorry HazeeyzaH. This is sad to hear but don't be discouraged. *Big hug*

Thanks.. i really appreciate your gesture

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by MJ1000: 10:12am On May 31, 2022
Congratulations grin

shankeybee:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Kainos22: 10:13am On May 31, 2022
I am lost for words.

HouseRavenclaw:

I have. Got it a week ago. That's how I found I passed every section except the medical. On my Gckey, Eligibility and Criminality still read as "processing" but I passed them on my file. My medical reads as "ready for assessment" and it was moved to the Central Unit For Medical Admissibility since February and that's the last time they worked on it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ketima: 10:15am On May 31, 2022
Onaya:
Dear Gurus in the house @Makano, Justmellow, Lekiboboe, Anon123, Ketima, ShowYoung, Omiinii et al.

Please, kindly advise me on how best to handle this dicey situation I've found myself in, so as to avoid any regrets resulting from it along the line. I have two ongoing study permit applications at the moment. In the first application, I mistakenly uploaded a document which I had reviewed for a friend who was applying for admission to a school in Canada. Immediately I noticed that mistake, I clicked on the button provided for change of documents in the application form and uploaded the intended documents—which I confirmed as having been uploaded thereafter. Then, I proceeded with the payment for my application fee. Surprisingly, it was the document I had uploaded in error that appeared in the summary of my submitted application, even though I had replaced it with the very one I had in mind prior to the final submission of my application. Following this incident, I raised a web form immediately to explain in detail what had happened, and also attached the appropriate document along with it.

However, I was very worried about the whole thing; so, I shared my ugly experience on this platform for guidance and some pieces of advice on how best to handle the situation. Honorable Omiinii felt my pain advised me to withdraw the affected application and submit a fresh one to avoid any story, while Justmellow offered some clarifications to my inquiry about the possibility of submitting a fresh application. Hence I sent in my withdrawal request via web form to IRCC immediately—that was in less than 24hrs of submitting the said application. Two days later, I got this acknowledgement email from IRCC regarding my withdrawal request: "A note has been added on file to notify the responsible office that you wish to withdraw your application. The office will determine if the application can be withdrawn and will issue a refund within 16 weeks of the withdrawal, if applicable."

I logged in to my account two days ago to find out that reviews on eligibility and medical results (the medicals I did last year, which expired on the 10th of May 2022) have commenced on the same application whose withdrawal request I had already submitted to IRCC. On waking up this morning, I checked my email and found out that I have a message waiting for me on my application portal regarding the same application. I quickly logged in to my account and saw a medical request from IRCC. Meanwhile, my second application is undergoing the review of my medical results at the moment because I had my upfront medical examinations last week. I am currently at a crossroads and also caught in the web of indecision!

Please, is it normal to see such review on eligibility and to receive a medical request on an application whose withdrawal request was submitted within 24hrs of applying for it? I would be very grateful if you could find some time to go through my message here and guide me properly.

Kindest regards.

Hello Onaya,

So sorry about this situation. The deed is already done. Had i seen it, wouldn't have adviced you on withdrawal. Webform and mail has always helped in updating document's wrongly uploaded/replacement.

Now note that so long as you initiated a withdrawal command on the said application without a counter decision, all that you may be noticing are just a chain reactions of the command initiated and may not necessarily mean that they are working on that your particular application.

Nevertheless, write a mail (or LOE) and explain in details the situation of things. What you're noticing in that said account, reminding them of your withdrawal request and why it was withdrawn. The new application initiated and why it was initiated.

Don't panic ok. Canada is a country were communication works. So get in touch with then in writing.

Wishing you the best ok.

That's my little opinion

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ketima: 10:22am On May 31, 2022
HazeeyzaH:
Morning everyone... i just got served breakfast... cry cry cry cry cry cry

Hello Hazeeyza,

Sorry for your delay. The reasons ain't much but GCMS will surely help you in knowing the VO comments. But then, you may need to work on your purpose of visit because it didn't convince the VO that much. How does the course going for correlate with either your past degree or work experience and of what importance is it to your future career/academic goal?

2ndly,it talked about finance and assets. What economic and Financial ties you have in your home country as well as how established are you back home?

My little observations

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by HazeeyzaH(f): 10:24am On May 31, 2022
Ketima:

Hello Hazeeyza,

Sorry for your delay. The reasons ain't much but GCMS will surely help you in knowing the VO comments. But then, you may need to work on your purpose of visit because it didn't convince the VO that much. How does the course going for correlate with either your past degree or work experience and of what importance is it to your future career/academic goal?

2ndly,it talked about finance and assets. What economic and Financial ties you have in your home country as well as how established are you back home?

My little observations

Thanks for your observations... i would work on it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by dangervu(m): 10:30am On May 31, 2022
good day house, please i need an urgent advice before i proceed, i got offer into Conestoga college ,its stated that a year tuiton fee for
( 8mnth) is about $17,847.74, Cdn ,Estimated tuition fee for the first semester of the program (4) months of
study: $9,317.47, Cdn,i want to pay this $9,317.47.....how much funds do i need as proof of funds for a 2year course total cost of tuition is $26768.31....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ayatunde: 10:30am On May 31, 2022
Delay is not denial sis. Fire back and you'll surely testify. It is well.

HazeeyzaH:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by francisxbee: 10:32am On May 31, 2022
Iamgrac:
Good morning Everyone

in the payment instruction i got from CIBC on behalf of centennial college, It was stayed that I am to include a reference number in my outgoing payment, but in the form a there's no field to include such information what do I do?
Please View below screenshot for better understanding of my question.
And also in the payment instruction it states that the payment must be processed before June 2, and according to what I've seen on nairaland, form a payment takes ages to process.
Is there any cause for alarm?

In the space for Name of Student, put everything there including your Name, Reference Number and Student ID if applicable.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ayatunde: 10:36am On May 31, 2022
Delay is not denial sis. Fire back and you'll surely testify. It is well.
HazeeyzaH:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by chuksinfotech: 10:57am On May 31, 2022
Kidsister13:
October 2021 applicant!!!

Please is there any disadvantage sending mail to this people again after 3 weeks to ask them how far.
I don refresh my mail tire, I don check portal tire. What else should I do?

I think say nah only me.

My dear I have sent mail and webforms and I am tired. With evidences and everything ooh, but still. With the recent approvals, seems nah highest bidder now ooh.

If you get the money and the right papers, you get approved. But lets keep waiting, but for me, I have given up ooh. 7 months baby don get sense nah, that is what I have been using to wait. Everyday suspense and anxiety, omo I think say I strong, no be for this one. IRCC really break me.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ewaade23: 11:09am On May 31, 2022
shankeybee:
[quote
Congratulations… mine is next in Jesus name

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 11:17am On May 31, 2022
Ableman101:

Hi please I have a very private personal question to ask you urgently.

ezimoha@rocketmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by stevenadejumo: 11:23am On May 31, 2022
please, am applying for study permit to Canada, please do I need to apply separately for visiting Visa and studies permit ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by buckyfof(m): 11:32am On May 31, 2022
Onaya:
Dear Gurus in the house @Makano, Justmellow, Lekiboboe, Anon123, Ketima, ShowYoung, Omiinii et al.

Please, kindly advise me on how best to handle this dicey situation I've found myself in, so as to avoid any regrets resulting from it along the line. I have two ongoing study permit applications at the moment. In the first application, I mistakenly uploaded a document which I had reviewed for a friend who was applying for admission to a school in Canada. Immediately I noticed that mistake, I clicked on the button provided for change of documents in the application form and uploaded the intended documents—which I confirmed as having been uploaded thereafter. Then, I proceeded with the payment for my application fee. Surprisingly, it was the document I had uploaded in error that appeared in the summary of my submitted application, even though I had replaced it with the very one I had in mind prior to the final submission of my application. Following this incident, I raised a web form immediately to explain in detail what had happened, and also attached the appropriate document along with it.

However, I was very worried about the whole thing; so, I shared my ugly experience on this platform for guidance and some pieces of advice on how best to handle the situation. Honorable Omiinii felt my pain advised me to withdraw the affected application and submit a fresh one to avoid any story, while Justmellow offered some clarifications to my inquiry about the possibility of submitting a fresh application. Hence I sent in my withdrawal request via web form to IRCC immediately—that was in less than 24hrs of submitting the said application. Two days later, I got this acknowledgement email from IRCC regarding my withdrawal request: "A note has been added on file to notify the responsible office that you wish to withdraw your application. The office will determine if the application can be withdrawn and will issue a refund within 16 weeks of the withdrawal, if applicable."

I logged in to my account two days ago to find out that reviews on eligibility and medical results (the medicals I did last year, which expired on the 10th of May 2022) have commenced on the same application whose withdrawal request I had already submitted to IRCC. On waking up this morning, I checked my email and found out that I have a message waiting for me on my application portal regarding the same application. I quickly logged in to my account and saw a medical request from IRCC. Meanwhile, my second application is undergoing the review of my medical results at the moment because I had my upfront medical examinations last week. I am currently at a crossroads and also caught in the web of indecision!

Please, is it normal to see such review on eligibility and to receive a medical request on an application whose withdrawal request was submitted within 24hrs of applying for it? I would be very grateful if you could find some time to go through my message here and guide me properly.

Kindest regards.

I don't think you should have withdrawn that application
I also had an issue when I was applying, I submitted one of the imm form twice, and left out my family information by mistake. I later wrote a small note about the situation and uploaded the family information correctly through mails. When I later ordered my GCMS notes I saw that it was received and updated correctly

And I have my PPR now.

Regarding your case, it's very dicey because ircc has stated specifically that having 2 applications will slow down your processing time.
So you can still send them mails about the situation so they can make necessary adjustments

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Majestybaba92(m): 11:33am On May 31, 2022
mrprolifik:

You can be self sponsored. But you need to be able to show to IRCC how you came about the money in your account and prove it with documents.
. Alright! Thanks for your response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Onaya(m): 11:39am On May 31, 2022
ShowYoung:

Study, Observation and Analysis.

1. Why would you want to withdraw if all you had wanted was just a change of documents?
2. IRCC states that you shouldn't submit multiple application at a time. Why had you not waited for the first application to get withdrawn before sending a new one?
3. You should understand that there is a point an application gets to that makes it not possible to get withdrawn until a decision is made.

Recommendation

Ignore the first application that has a medical request and continue to bombard them with mails and through webform. Don't because of the medical request be hopeful. Perhaps it's a trap. Those guys know what they are doing. Ignoring them and bombarding them with emails and messages through webform will corroborate the fact that you wish to withdraw the application

Focus on your normal application and wait for them to "pass" your medical exam.

This may not be the best approach though. Await advice from other gurus.

Thank you for finding time to go through my message and the useful piece of advice you have given me. To answer your first question on why I had applied for a withdrawal, I sent a web form and emails along with the very document I wanted to upload but got no form of acknowledgement from IRCC. And I was highly afraid of what the VO attending to my file might think of the whole thing. Hence the reason for heeding to Omiinii's advice to withdraw the application.

Of course, I am well aware of IRCC's stance on multiple applications. Considering the fact that time is not on my side and my program's entry point is fall 2022, I sought advice here after that issue with my application and was told that it wasn't any problem, since every application has its own unique application number and would be processed independently. The same advice was what I got from experts on Quora dot com; that I could either wait for the withdrawal of the application to be completed or proceed with another one. Having considered the issue of time constraint on my side after waiting in vain for a feedback from IRCC for two weeks, I submitted another application.

Coming to your third observation, the withdrawal request of the affected study permit application was made in less than 24hrs of its submission. Therefore, I was cocksure that any form of review or processing were yet to start on the application as at that time. And that was the reason for its immediate withdrawal before any kind of review would be carried out by the VO responsible for it.

Your recommendation is very cool, and I will consider it seriously. Thank you once again for your input.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Sirkenny44: 11:45am On May 31, 2022
shankeybee:

Congratulations
Which portal did you use?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Onaya(m): 11:46am On May 31, 2022
Ketima:

Hello Onaya,

So sorry about this situation. The deed is already done. Had i seen it, wouldn't have adviced you on withdrawal. Webform and mail has always helped in updating document's wrongly uploaded/replacement.

Now note that so long as you initiated a withdrawal command on the said application without a counter decision, all that you may be noticing are just a chain reactions of the command initiated and may not necessarily mean that they are working on that your particular application.

Nevertheless, write a mail (or LOE) and explain in details the situation of things. What you're noticing in that said account, reminding them of your withdrawal request and why it was withdrawn. The new application initiated and why it was initiated.

Don't panic ok. Canada is a country were communication works. So get in touch with then in writing.

Wishing you the best ok.

That's my little opinion

Thanks a lot for your input, Ketima. I will certainly do as you have advised. God bless you!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by banky24: 11:46am On May 31, 2022
Congrats bro.

shankeybee:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Tadewuyi206: 11:51am On May 31, 2022
Beautiful! Please share more details, what you submitted and timeline.
shankeybee:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Onaya(m): 11:52am On May 31, 2022
buckyfof:

I don't think you should have withdrawn that application
I also had an issue when I was applying, I submitted one of the imm form twice, and left out my family information by mistake. I later wrote a small note about the situation and uploaded the family information correctly through mails. When I later ordered my GCMS notes I saw that it was received and updated correctly

And I have my PPR now.

Regarding your case, it's very dicey because ircc has stated specifically that having 2 applications will slow down your processing time.
So you can still send them mails about the situation so they can make necessary adjustments

My dear, I acted on what I was advised to do ooo. If only I had known that the mistake could be corrected via an email or web form, I wouldn't have bothered myself with another application. I just pray everything turns out well for me in the end.

Thanks!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by banky24: 11:55am On May 31, 2022
Dear Onaya,I don't think your case is as bad as you are portraying it,I guess writting a mail and raising webforms to IRCC will solve this problem. Be honest in explaining all of these and ask for direction. It will surely end in praise.

Onaya:

Thank you for finding time to go through my message and the useful piece of advice you have given me. To answer your first question on why I had applied for a withdrawal, I sent a web form and emails along with the very document I wanted to upload but got no form of acknowledgement from IRCC. And I was highly afraid of what the VO attending to my file might think of the whole thing. Hence the reason for heeding to Omiinii's advice to withdraw the application.

Of course, I am well aware of IRCC's stance on multiple applications. Considering the fact that time is not on my side and my program's entry point is fall 2022, I sought advice here after that issue with my application and was told that it wasn't any problem, since every application has its own unique application number and would be processed independently. The same advice was what I got from experts on Quora dot com; that I could either wait for the withdrawal of the application to be completed or proceed with another one. Having considered the issue of time constraint on my side after waiting in vain for a feedback from IRCC for two weeks, I submitted another application.

Coming to your third observation, the withdrawal request of the affected study permit application was made in less than 24hrs of its submission. Therefore, I was cocksure that any form of review or processing were yet to start on the application as at that time. And that was the reason for its immediate withdrawal before any kind of review would be carried out by the VO responsible for it.

Your recommendation is very cool, and I will consider it seriously. Thank you once again for your input.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 11:58am On May 31, 2022
Onaya:

My dear, I acted on what I was advised to do ooo. If only I had known that the mistake could be corrected via an email or web form, I wouldn't have bothered myself with another application. I just pray everything turns out well for me in the end.

Thanks!

It will work out positively since you said you signified your intention to withdraw within 24 hours.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jay246: 12:26pm On May 31, 2022
Please has anyone gotten this kind of message after sending an email to Nairobi

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by sweetchi1011: 12:27pm On May 31, 2022
shankeybee:

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by mrprolifik: 12:28pm On May 31, 2022
Jay246:
Please has anyone gotten this kind of message after sending an email to Nairobi
Did you submit your application using an agent?

(1) (2) (3) ... (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) ... (920)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.