Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,544 members, 7,837,092 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (928743 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Olashile147: 4:20pm On Feb 09, 2022
Draybaba0103:
Hello Everyone, please I need a guide to schools that are still open for the fall session. Thank you.

Depend on you course tho but you can try University of Saskatchewan, Carleton university, university of Waterloo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 4:22pm On Feb 09, 2022
Draybaba0103:
Hello Everyone, please I need a guide to schools that are still open for the fall session. Thank you.

Google will help you cheap.. Visit each school site, check for the course you are interested and you will see if its OPEN for September or not

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Gennyoma19: 4:25pm On Feb 09, 2022
PPR Alert Guys!!!

P:S The application is for my fiancée. However, I was 100% involved in the second application. (we started dating in 2021)

Second Application - November 5th, 2021
First application in 2020 was refused based on purpose of visit, home ties and personal assets.

A quick backstory he has was studying for Masters and applied for a Post Graduate Certificate. He disclosed this in his first application.

What he I feel he did wrong in the first application:
1. He was not done with the Masters at the time he applied in 2020. (He studied in an Asian country)
2. His course of study did not really align with his background and he did not properly explain the reason for choosing that program in his SOP.
3. The Masters program is higher than the PGC Certificate.
4. Personal assets ( no need going into much details). We all know how IRCC operates with this refusal reason. Having enough money is not really a guarantee.

What we did differently:
1. Requested for GCMS notes, analyzed the refusal reasons and how to tackle them.
2. Changed course of study to a more related course. Though we still maintained a PGC
3. Had his sponsor Deposit his living expenses in his account.
4. Wrote a well structured letter of explanation and statement of purpose highlighting how the course of study will impact him and his home country and the opportunities available in this field in Nigeria.
5. Attached landed documents.
6. Added a co-sponsor for elaborate demonstration of proof of funds.
7. Prayed fervently.

Note: We still went ahead with the application despite him not being done with the Masters still. Although, it was properly explained in the LOE.(for once strong head don good).

*Application Submitted: November 5th, 2021
*Submission Confirmation: November 6th
*Medical Request: 21st January, 2022
*Medicals done: 2nd February
*Updated to pass: 4th February
*Eligibility review: I really don’t know when it started. It is still showing we are reviewing whether you meet the requirements.
*PPR and Correspondence Letter : 9th February, 2022.

Last last na God run everything. All glory belongs to him alone!!!

Documents Submitted:
All IMM forms
Letter of Admission
Bank statements (MBS) of both sponsors and applicant
Employment Letter
Landed documents (Survey plan)
Tuition receipt
Affidavit of Support
Letter of Sponsorship
Family pictures
Study Plan (one and half page)
Letter of Explanation (2 pages)

Thanks to Nairaland and you all that steadily give value on this thread. Everything I know and applied on the application was from this thread. I never travel before��. I appreciate you all. Those that answered my questions, may God bless you. I wish everyone in waiting PPR. Amen!

32 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chiziteremary: 4:29pm On Feb 09, 2022
Big Congrats to your fiance. God is faithful. May the land of Canada favour him. Mine is text in Jesus name.

Gennyoma19:
PPR Alert Guys!!!

P:S The application is for my fiancée. However, I was 100% involved in the second application. (we started dating in 2021)

First application in 2020 was refused based on purpose of visit, home ties and personal assets.

A quick backstory he has was studying for Masters and applied for a Post Graduate Certificate. He disclosed this in his first application.

1. He was not done with the Masters at the time he applied in 2020. (He studied in an Asian country)
2. His course of study did not really align with his background and he did not properly explain the reason for choosing that program in his SOP.
4. Personal assets ( no need going into much details). We all know how IRCC operates with this refusal reason. Having enough money is not really a guarantee.

What we did differently:
1. Requested for GCMS notes, analyzed the refusal reasons and how to tackle them.
2. Changed course of study to a more related course. Though we still maintained a PGC
4. Wrote a well structured letter of explanation and statement of purpose highlighting how the course of study will impact him and his home country and the opportunities available in this field in Nigeria.
7. Prayed fervently.

Note: We still went ahead with the application despite him not being done with the Masters still. Although, it was properly explained in the LOE.(for once strong head don good).

*Eligibility review: I really don’t know when it started. It is still showing we are reviewing whether you meet the requirements.

Documents Submitted:
All IMM forms
Letter of Admission
Employment Letter
Tuition receipt
Affidavit of Support
Letter of Sponsorship
Family pictures

Thanks to Nairaland and you all that steadily give value on this thread. Everything I know and applied on the application was from this thread. I never travel before��. I appreciate you all. Those that answered my questions, may God bless you. I wish everyone in waiting PPR. Amen!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by llionaire(m): 4:35pm On Feb 09, 2022
Yes, it has

chrysto:

Nothing yet oooo. This people are beginning to do me long thing November 6th applicant.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Obibaby: 4:39pm On Feb 09, 2022
Congratulations to you and yours!

Gennyoma19:
PPR Alert Guys!!!

What we did differently:
7. Prayed fervently.

Documents Submitted:
All IMM forms
Letter of Admission
Employment Letter
Tuition receipt
Affidavit of Support
Letter of Sponsorship
Family pictures

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 5:02pm On Feb 09, 2022
efeturi3:
Please, how much is a Canadian medical test for a study permit?

Depends on the facility you are using.

Either Qife or IOM
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nickoko: 5:06pm On Feb 09, 2022
Congratulations

Gennyoma19:
PPR Alert Guys!!!

What we did differently:
7. Prayed fervently.

Documents Submitted:
All IMM forms
Letter of Admission
Employment Letter
Tuition receipt
Affidavit of Support
Letter of Sponsorship
Family pictures

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by purespikes: 5:11pm On Feb 09, 2022
buchito1:
I don't understand.. Are you saying one can get PTA with one way ticket
Yes, you can't. Only with a return ticket
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by dollymon: 5:12pm On Feb 09, 2022
Congrats to you both
Gennyoma19:
PPR Alert Guys!!!

What we did differently:
7. Prayed fervently.

Documents Submitted:
All IMM forms
Letter of Admission
Employment Letter
Tuition receipt
Affidavit of Support
Letter of Sponsorship
Family pictures

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by dollymon: 5:13pm On Feb 09, 2022
Amen. We will get a response soon.
FAVANA:
As in, me too I have started online, it seems I have studied past the deadline for school fees refund sef plus I cannot even have access to my scholarship. May God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by purespikes: 5:14pm On Feb 09, 2022
buchito1:
So guys,!!! I got my STAMPED PASSPORT delivered to me at my doorstep yesterday! Yaaayy cheesy

Sent my Passport to lagos for stamping (didn't need to use/pay extra for Abuja cause I wasn't rushing anywhere!! ) on the 28th January 2022 and got it on the 8th February 2022.

It took roughly 12days to send and get delivered to me smiley

I owe this Platform everything! You guys are Da Bomb! I wish everyone expecting a feedback on their app goodluck, and a speedy response.

I pray you all experience this Joy I have in me right now.. Cause e go reach everybody! cheesy

E go be guys, make I rush go sell my properties grin

See me dey laugh like an hyena on heat. It must feel so good.
Congratulations

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chinnychappy: 5:19pm On Feb 09, 2022
Add Dalhousie
Olashile147:

Depend on you course tho but you can try University of Saskatchewan, Carleton university, university of Waterloo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by moni001: 5:28pm On Feb 09, 2022
Thank you.
Davidbanky:

You can …
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by purespikes: 5:29pm On Feb 09, 2022
Gennyoma19:
PPR Alert Guys!!!

P:S The application is for my fiancée.

Documents Submitted:
All IMM forms
Letter of Admission
Employment Letter
Tuition receipt
Affidavit of Support
Letter of Sponsorship
Family pictures

Thanks to Nairaland and you all that steadily give value on this thread. Everything I know and applied on the application was from this thread.
Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 5:32pm On Feb 09, 2022
2021 Application Fee Waiver Code Request : Seneca College, Canada

APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN!

Complete the form below to receive your $90 Application Fee Waiver Code.

Please allow 48 hours for code to be emailed to you.Offer valid until February 25th, 2022.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdjlBQQHdJIyKxcTvegH6RjSN4QDVmpTY1-YoMTlx2QyBlaMg/viewform

Copied##

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by tekst: 5:32pm On Feb 09, 2022
PPR finally dropped at 12 months after application! Thanks to everyone that has helped me with one clarification or another on this platform. More goodnews on the way for us all���

28 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by trollander247: 5:37pm On Feb 09, 2022
Email them at africa@centennialcollege.ca. They will send you the application form and tell you the supporting documents you need to attach and how to put them together. I initially used the international student portal to apply but got an error, so I mailed them.

amila20042001:
Pls who is familiar with centennial college application process. A friend tried to apply and saw a notice that the website for international student is currently down. He was advised to apply through email.

Pls is this info correct?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CrystalMax: 5:40pm On Feb 09, 2022
Anon123:

Gift deed is used as proof or source of lump sums and not as POF. The relative is expected to actually make that transfer to you.

I will advise the relative transfers now and you leave the amount to fallow in your account for a period of 4-5months, then you print.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Omiinii: 5:42pm On Feb 09, 2022
Your family
Armah22:
Hello,
For someone that stopped working since January 2021, and has no landed property how can one prove strong home ties.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 5:42pm On Feb 09, 2022
autolearner:
Hello everyone,

Looking to apply for admission and we have narrowed down on the following courses.

2Yr Programs
Business Information Technology, Seneca
IT Business Analysis, Conestoga

1Yr Program
Information Technology: Business Analysis - NBCC
Centennial - Project Management

Candidate Background:
ND & HND - Computer Science
Work Experience - Tech (Product Management)

Goal
Land Fulltime offer Post study and transition to PR with Wife.

Question

Leveraging the community experience here, please advice what course is best and would land him the opportunity of easily transitioning via PWGP and associated Pathways to becoming PR. I would appreciate your input, @makano, @lekiboboe @frankrobben, @technix

Go for one of the 2years program cos it gonna offer you 3 years PGWP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CrystalMax: 5:43pm On Feb 09, 2022
FAVANA:
Yes it is.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by FAVANA: 5:47pm On Feb 09, 2022
Google will help you cheap.. Visit each school site, check for the course you are interested and you will see if its OPEN for September or not[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by FAVANA: 5:50pm On Feb 09, 2022
Congratulations!!!
Gennyoma19:
PPR Alert Guys!!!

What we did differently:
7. Prayed fervently.

Documents Submitted:
All IMM forms
Letter of Admission
Employment Letter
Tuition receipt
Affidavit of Support
Letter of Sponsorship
Family pictures

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by FAVANA: 5:53pm On Feb 09, 2022
Congratulations ooo
tekst:
PPR finally dropped at 12 months after application! Thanks to everyone that has helped me with one clarification or another on this platform. More goodnews on the way for us all���

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by dikadubai: 6:24pm On Feb 09, 2022
Osemigho:

22 is not too old for a bachelor's degree as long as you don't have study gap or you can account for your study gap.

University of Manitoba Accounting (Bcomm) has advance entry for people with one year or more post-secondary education (Deadine March 15).

Brock University has Bachelor of Accounting (4 years coursework and optional 16 to 20 months coop. The school may or may not allow advance entry.

University of Waterloo has a Bachelor of Accounting and Financial Management, offered as co-op program only.

It seems most undergrad Accounting degree programs are 4 years, and above $25,000 per year for tuition. A cheaper, shorter, and related alternative may be direct entry bachelor of business administration.

SAIT offers a related two-year Bachelor of Applied Business administration (one year coursework, $26,643, and two semesters of internship, $11,069). This program has a lot of Accounting courses and the internship is actually called "Direct Field Studies- Accounting 1 and 2." You can use your LOE and these course offerings to build a strong arugument for yourself. All the best.

Thank you so much for taking out time to address me.
I searched through university of Calgary website and I found out that they have 1 year international professional programs which is no.1 DIGITAL MEDIA AND MARKETING NO.2 PROJECT MANAGEMENT NO3. BUSINESS ANALYSIS AND ANALYSTICS. All these are 1 year programs but an international student can choose to apply for two programs which is two years and can guarantee 2 pgwp. The tuition and fees per year is $21,500.

I want to know which certificate would I get after this programs would it be PGD or PGC or just certificate in project management or certificate in digital media and marketing. Because I want to apply for digital media and marketing and project management

And please what's the chances of visa approval with these programs.
Thank you and hoping for reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by EhischemNg: 6:26pm On Feb 09, 2022
tekst:

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by dikadubai: 6:29pm On Feb 09, 2022
Please I need answers
I searched through university of Calgary website and I found out that they have 1 year international professional programs which is no.1 DIGITAL MEDIA AND MARKETING NO.2 PROJECT MANAGEMENT NO3. BUSINESS ANALYSIS AND ANALYSTICS. All these are 1 year programs but an international student can choose to apply for two programs which is two years and can guarantee 2 pgwp. The tuition and fees per year is $21,500. I'm planning applying with my National Diploma (ND)

I want to know which certificate would I get after this programs would it be PGD or PGC or just certificate in project management or certificate in digital media and marketing. Because I want to apply for digital media and marketing and project management

And please what's the chances of visa approval with these programs.
Thank you and hoping for reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by prospectiveapp: 6:40pm On Feb 09, 2022
Congratulations
emedon27:

Amen � I got my today.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 6:42pm On Feb 09, 2022
I want to appreciate everyone of you for the time and efforts you put into this group, no amount of thank you can ever be enough. May God keep blessing all of you.
P.S I am a Nov 23 applicant, I recently raise a web form to update IRCC about me deferring my admission to May 2022, when do I start sending emails? And please I will be needing those email addresses too. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by omariam: 6:47pm On Feb 09, 2022
Gennyoma19:
PPR Alert Guys!!!

I wish everyone in waiting PPR. Amen!
Congratulations!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by prospectiveapp: 6:49pm On Feb 09, 2022
Congratulations May Canada favour hum.
Gennyoma19:
PPR Alert Guys!!!

What we did differently:
7. Prayed fervently.

Documents Submitted:
All IMM forms
Letter of Admission
Employment Letter
Tuition receipt
Affidavit of Support
Letter of Sponsorship
Family pictures

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (920)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.