Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,765 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (753) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (907952 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) (756) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Oldfashioned145: 12:25pm On Jun 29, 2022
Omnisavage:
I can't really say for sure since it's since 2019 that you did your biometrics. Mine just changed to `Completed` this morning. It first showed we do not need your fingerprint then it changed to we have not gotten your fingerprint. Before now changing to Completed.

Mine also just changed to completed today after displaying "we do not need your fingerprints" for over a month plus
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 12:29pm On Jun 29, 2022
RuggedArab:

Hello Lekiboboe,

What about post baccalaureate diploma programs (2years).

Post baccalaureate dipoma is an Academic Progression for a Bachelor's degree holder

You can Google the word Post Baccalaureate for more information
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by RuggedArab: 12:45pm On Jun 29, 2022
Lekiboboe:

Post baccalaureate dipoma is an Academic Progression for a Bachelor's degree holder

You can Google the word Post Baccalaureate for more information

So it’s either PGDip or PGCert to avoid the red flag from VO
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by pufframmy: 12:52pm On Jun 29, 2022
You welcome That was a nice trip
i wish mine too will happen
possessor1:
Landing gist

Nigeria.

My flight was 11pm, June 27. I planned to get to lagos airport very early. I left for the airport at 3pm arrived

Lagos airport was very chaotic.
I willl advice you arrive very early. I figured I had excess luggage and what I was carrying as my carry on bag was too big. I wasn't perturbed I was ready for it. I rearranged my bag and paid for one bag extra

Then I went to check-in at Air France desk.
They said they need to profile my passport and ask for documents. (In my mind I was like when Naija start to dey sound sweet like this. In my mind I was like Oga which documents do you need im ready for you!)

He only asked for Arrive CAN..vaccination card and international passport. He signed and added a white slip behind my passport saying Im cleared I should go and check in.

Then we waited in this long Nigerian immigration ( before you join this line they give you a yellow form to fill..just join the line with your phone... The line was sooo long and their system was down for like 45 minutes. 3 or more people missed their flight... Again got to Nigerian airport early.

Then we proceeded to board at the right to time.
The food in air France was really nice.
Tasted like yam and stew porridge...the type in the Esau Used to sell his birthright loool. We landed in CDQ airport France. At 6:25 am on 28th

The airport was different, better and more excellent than the Nigerian airport. I had to plan myself for my next 10 hours layover. I asked if I have access to a lounge...they said I have to pay 50 euros for it. My seat mate at the lagos to Paris trip was going to Toronto too..so we were navigating everything together

France CDQ airport is very awesome no hassles. Everything here is computerised. Just swipe your boarding pass and direction shows in a computerised map.

But the issue was our flight to Toronto wasn't showing on the screen yet because it was like 9 hours away nor was it written on our boarding pass. We asked one of the officials..she scanned my boarding pass and viola! My Gate appeared.. Gate K55. We had to navigate to The K area of the airport...we used a train to get there.

When I got to the gate area....then Place was really soft and chill. They had normal chairs.. Sleeping stretchers... And sofa beds. I slept for like 3 hours woke up..got something to eat... Connected to airport wifi... Make calls updated my folks about the trip and all...

My flight to Toronto was 4:40pm...they opened the line to board at 3:20pm

Here they asked for letter of introduction. (I heard the Indians murmuring that this is new..they never ask that here)

I boarded.. We took off...at 4:50pm... Landed at 7:00pm Canadian time...but there was a long queue...so we had to come out of the plane at 7:24pm

There was a really long walk...to the self service machine before getting to immigration for the study permit.

Where you scan your passport..and print a ticket..this ticket is what determines the line you join.. They were a lot of people! Especially from Ukraine.

I joined the study permit line. They were like 50 people ahead of me. When it got to my turn.... The VO was looked calm... I told him he has a nice haircut.. The guy smiled..he was like no one has told him that all day... So he asked for my passport.. Said he will need my Letter of introduction...so I brought out my file..he was like wao I came ready.. I go..you bet! lol...

He said I had a back charge and PFL from last year....I was like yeah. He said he sees that I made the payment. I told him I have 2 friends that have the same issue and they have waited for up to a year (the guys are in this group) he said he would have asked for their UCI but there is some confidentiality clause around that. That they should send a webform stating all the details.

Then he went to print my study permit. Then he said welcome to Canada!

I left...my bags were waiting for me.

The person to pick me up was waiting. I left the airport at 9:16 pm (Toronto time)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Oldfashioned145: 12:55pm On Jun 29, 2022
Baba God pls I want to type out my own landing gist.

Let your infinite mercy and favour speak for me and my application.

Congratulations

possessor1:
Landing gist

Nigeria.

My flight was 11pm, June 27. I planned to get to lagos airport very early. I left for the airport at 3pm arrived

I willl advice you arrive very early. I figured I had excess luggage and what I was carrying as my carry on bag was too big. I wasn't perturbed I was ready for it. I rearranged my bag and paid for one bag extra

They said they need to profile my passport and ask for documents. (In my mind I was like when Naija start to dey sound sweet like this. In my mind I was like Oga which documents do you need im ready for you!)

He only asked for Arrive CAN..vaccination card and international passport. He signed and added a white slip behind my passport saying Im cleared I should go and check in.

Then we waited in this long Nigerian immigration ( before you join this line they give you a yellow form to fill..just join the line with your phone... The line was sooo long and their system was down for like 45 minutes. 3 or more people missed their flight... Again got to Nigerian airport early.

Tasted like yam and stew porridge...the type in the Esau Used to sell his birthright loool. We landed in CDQ airport France. At 6:25 am on 28th

The airport was different, better and more excellent than the Nigerian airport. I had to plan myself for my next 10 hours layover. I asked if I have access to a lounge...they said I have to pay 50 euros for it. My seat mate at the lagos to Paris trip was going to Toronto too..so we were navigating everything together

France CDQ airport is very awesome no hassles. Everything here is computerised. Just swipe your boarding pass and direction shows in a computerised map.

But the issue was our flight to Toronto wasn't showing on the screen yet because it was like 9 hours away nor was it written on our boarding pass. We asked one of the officials..she scanned my boarding pass and viola! My Gate appeared.. Gate K55. We had to navigate to The K area of the airport...we used a train to get there.

When I got to the gate area....then Place was really soft and chill. They had normal chairs.. Sleeping stretchers... And sofa beds. I slept for like 3 hours woke up..got something to eat... Connected to airport wifi... Make calls updated my folks about the trip and all...

Here they asked for letter of introduction. (I heard the Indians murmuring that this is new..they never ask that here)

I boarded.. We took off...at 4:50pm... Landed at 7:00pm Canadian time...but there was a long queue...so we had to come out of the plane at 7:24pm

There was a really long walk...to the self service machine before getting to immigration for the study permit.

Where you scan your passport..and print a ticket..this ticket is what determines the line you join.. They were a lot of people! Especially from Ukraine.

I joined the study permit line. They were like 50 people ahead of me. When it got to my turn.... The VO was looked calm... I told him he has a nice haircut.. The guy smiled..he was like no one has told him that all day... So he asked for my passport.. Said he will need my Letter of introduction...so I brought out my file..he was like wao I came ready.. I go..you bet! lol...

He said I had a back charge and PFL from last year....I was like yeah. He said he sees that I made the payment. I told him I have 2 friends that have the same issue and they have waited for up to a year (the guys are in this group) he said he would have asked for their UCI but there is some confidentiality clause around that. That they should send a webform stating all the details.

The person to pick me up was waiting. I left the airport at 9:16 pm (Toronto time)

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Horlar4th(m): 12:56pm On Jun 29, 2022
What if I already got an admission for a 4 years degree course?
obaalasepe:
I think you should apply for PGD because it will show academic progression.
After calculating your expenses ( Tuition, living expenses and other expenses you will know if 10 million is enough.
Don't do any program lesser than PGD or PGC because the chances of refusal is high.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Keji1012(m): 12:56pm On Jun 29, 2022
ShowYoung:

Your nephew could get admission to take on undergraduate studies (Diploma, AdvDip, Bachelor degree) with NECO result.

Majority of the colleges and universities in Canada accept NECO result. If I should list them here, I may be taking up spaces here unnecessarily.

Kindly type the word relating to "Universities and Colleges in Canada" in your search engine and start reading each institution's admission requirements.

Alternatively, you can visit the link below:
https://studyabroad.shiksha.com/canada/universities

God bless you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Sulaimonsb(m): 12:58pm On Jun 29, 2022
The same brother....it has not started[quote author=Esmer post=114256195][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 1:00pm On Jun 29, 2022
RuggedArab:

So it’s either PGDip or PGCert to avoid the red flag from VO

In my own opinion , yes, as far as the PG program is related to your work experience.

I only know of a Bachelor's degree holder going for a Post-Baccalaureate Diploma, but I don't know if a Master's degree holder can go for it.

Await inputs from the house on that
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Omnisavage: 1:08pm On Jun 29, 2022
I guess we are in the same boat. When did you submit your application? and have you done your upfront medical? if yes, when did you do it?
Oldfashioned145:

Mine also just changed to completed today after displaying "we do not need your fingerprints" for over a month plus
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by RuggedArab: 1:08pm On Jun 29, 2022
Lekiboboe:

In my own opinion , yes, as far as the PG program is related to your work experience.

I only know of a Bachelor's degree holder going for a Post-Baccalaureate Diploma, but I don't know if a Master's degree holder can go for it.

Await inputs from the house on that

The applicant has a bachelors & masters degree in engineering. Working experience is finance but the course he’s looking at and the school is offering as post-baccalaureate Business Analytics.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 1:17pm On Jun 29, 2022
RuggedArab:

The applicant has a bachelors & masters degree in engineering. Working experience is finance but the course he’s looking at and the school is offering as post-baccalaureate Business Analytics.

That's why I told you that i don't know if a Master's degree holder can go for a Post baccalaureate diploma program.

Await further inputs from the house on that
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ableman101: 1:22pm On Jun 29, 2022
ShowYoung:

If your school doesn't mandate you pay, it's not necessary.

There are occasions I do advise people to make a full year tuition fee payment: one of these occasions is when the VO is in doubt or has concerns about third party sponsor readiness or ability in releasing or committing the fund shown for study purpose. In fact, I do advice the applicant to add GIC if need be.

These options are fashioned for various specific case scenarios and does not apply to everybody.

Ok thanks boss. I appreciate

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Papapa1234: 1:44pm On Jun 29, 2022
Yes it is complete
Blakmandk:
Hi please is my biometrics completed at this point?please look at the screenshot below.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Blakmandk: 1:49pm On Jun 29, 2022
oh. Okay sir. I just hope there is not problem concerning my application.
Omnisavage:
I can't really say for sure since it's since 2019 that you did your biometrics. Mine just changed to `Completed` this morning. It first showed we do not need your fingerprint then it changed to we have not gotten your fingerprint. Before now changing to Completed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Derekxxy: 1:54pm On Jun 29, 2022
Good afternoon all, I'm still learning and unlearning here o...., pls on what rate is form A charged
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 1:57pm On Jun 29, 2022
Horlar4th:
What if I already got an admission for a 4 years degree course?

Admission shouldn't be an issue but visa.

It will do you great benefits if you listen to the advice given that a graduate of HND/Bachelor degree should go for a PGD/PGC or Master's degree to show academic progression.

Meanwhile, if you wish to proceed with your bachelor degree admission, you should be ready to do a lot of convincing as to why you decided to start post secondary education from the scratch after obtaining HND/Bachelor degree. Nothing is impossible though.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 1:59pm On Jun 29, 2022
Derekxxy:
Good afternoon all, I'm still learning and unlearning here o...., pls on what rate is form A charged

As at June 12, Access Bank charges C$1/326.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by oloyede1(m): 2:04pm On Jun 29, 2022
What is the letter of introduction

possessor1:
Landing gist

Nigeria.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chubbyface: 2:19pm On Jun 29, 2022
Who is going to Selkirk College for fall 2022, plz let’s connect.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by West0099: 2:40pm On Jun 29, 2022
Hello plss do you think it’s a good idea for me to go for A diploma instead of university in Canada??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by hayoBams: 2:40pm On Jun 29, 2022
Congratulations
Tcrown2020:

Hallelujah ooo !!!!! My daughter's PPR landed this evening !
My good people , I dey come ! ��
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by hayoBams: 2:52pm On Jun 29, 2022
I didn't use form A for the tution deposit, because I knew it would take a lot of time, and the deadline I was given by the school wasn't that long.
A cousin of mine in Canada paid for me in dollars and I sent the naira equivalent to her account.
Ghazali34:
Was it form A you used?

If yes how long did it take and what bank?

What the payment fast?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Bigdaddy001: 3:14pm On Jun 29, 2022
I got admitted into University of Manitoba also. Can I ask you few questions concerning the Visa application please?

Seun26rafael:
Hello sirs,I got admitted to the university of Manitoba and I applied for my visa in 13th March 2022 and I’ve not gotten any message or mail from them since then,and I’ve decided to raise webforms and also send mails to other offices.Please how do I get the email of the MP in charge of the province as well as the mails of all IRCC offices in Beijing,Nairobi and the likes,Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jenny255: 3:51pm On Jun 29, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 3:52pm On Jun 29, 2022
West0099:
Hello plss do you think it’s a good idea for me to go for A diploma instead of university in Canada??

It depends on your Academic profile and Work Profile

Your response to the below questions can determine the Academic program qualification you should go for?

What did you study in the University or Polytechnic

Do you have a 2.1, 2.2, 3rd Class or Upper, Lower Credit?

What year did you graduate ?

Do you have a job, if yes what is the name of the job?

What are your Job duties?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 4:06pm On Jun 29, 2022
oloyede1:
What is the letter of introduction

If your application is approved, you'll get an approval letter that says you're allowed to study in Canada. This letter is called Letter of Introduction (LOI)

See below an image of an LOI

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by greeners222(m): 4:08pm On Jun 29, 2022
Please house which Airline is economical. I mean cheap and stress-free to Ontario from Lagos please.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by greeners222(m): 4:09pm On Jun 29, 2022
And as a student do I need a return or I can book a one way ticket. I am considering Turkish airline. Which airline is affordable
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Tupalo(f): 4:21pm On Jun 29, 2022
Chubbyface:
Who is going to Selkirk College for fall 2022, plz let’s connect.

Pls I want to know if there's any tuition deposit attached to selkirk college after offering letter of Acceptance. If yes how much pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Kidsister13: 4:56pm On Jun 29, 2022
Good evening all.

A quick one please, is there anyone that sending multiple emails and Webforms made a positive difference for because I have been doing that and still haven't gotten a feedback.

P.S: I am still that October 2021 applicant
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 160485(f): 4:58pm On Jun 29, 2022
[quote author=AdrIO post=114253543]PPR ALERT!

New IRCC portal.
Application submitted - 28th April 2022
Biometrics done and confirmed - 6th May 2022
Upfront Medicals - 24th May 2022
Eligibility Review - 8th June 2022
Medical Request - 10th June 2022
Sent an Email with the medical information sheet to the Nairobi office - 27th June
Upfront Medicals updated - 28th June 2022
PPR - 28th June 2022

Congrats.
I tap into the testimony.
I did upfront medicals on 26th of may. Got medical request on the 10th of June. Sent mail next working day.

Am sure my ppr will soon drop.

Regards

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) (756) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.