Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,127 members, 7,818,378 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (806) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (909391 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (803) (804) (805) (806) (807) (808) (809) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by bullstriker: 3:00pm On Jul 08, 2022
emmeon:
Greetings to all Gurus in the House. please I would really appreciate it if I can get a response here.

My wife's Study permit was approved on 2 June 2022 and would be valid till August 2023 . She is to resume school this September 2022 , But because I and our baby's VV is still in process, She wants to Defer to MAY 2023 (January 2023 defer is filled up already. MAY is the only available Defer slot and she can't leave her 2 months baby behind to travel by SEP).

Please my question is: HER MEDICALS WOULD EXPIRE IN FEB 2023 , and with expired Medicals, she can not travel to Canada by MAY.

Q1: can she do an Upfront Medicals in January 2023 just before it Expires (Considering all the Backlogs) and Then send a webform to IRCC to update the Medical E form? or
She can. Also, let her take a copy with her while travelling.

Q2: should she wait for it to expire before she does another medical?
She doesn't have to wait for it to expire.

Q3: In this case, she would be uploading the New medical sheet via the webform to IRCC, Would she need to upload also the new Letter of Admission due to Deferring?
Yes. Ensure it is the same program and school used for the study permit application. Else, she has to apply for a new study permit

Please, If you have been in this situation before, I would really appreciate a response. we do not wanna make mistakes. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by SaniceSanice123: 3:01pm On Jul 08, 2022
francisxbee:

Not at all. There's no need for sole signatory letter in this case.
Thank You alot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by SaniceSanice123: 3:02pm On Jul 08, 2022
francisxbee:

Not at all. There's no need for sole signatory letter in this case.
Please, I want to add the amount that was given to me on my wedding day in my SOP. I also want to include the name of the person and relationship with the person in the same SOP. I will also add gift deed documents.

My question is, is it advisable to add all these information on the SOP or just write that I was given a monetary gift on my wedding day and provide the deed gift document?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Samlolly28(m): 3:07pm On Jul 08, 2022
Hi guys, my application was denied about a month ago solely on the grounds of insufficient funds and financial assets. Before I got denied I ordered my gcms note which just arrived today. Through the help of show young and others that aired their opinions I saw exactly what I did wrong. My dad was my sponsor and the total money in the two bank accounts he presented was about 3 million short of what it needed to be. My mistake was thinking I could use his fixed deposit investment worth over 30 million as POF. I also didn't provide my bank statement I have been told this is not enough to lead to denial but if your application has some loopholes then not having at least some funds in your account raises a red flag for the visa officers.

Sadly I reapplied yesterday but what I did differently even before seeing the gcms notes was I allowed the investment mature and got a statement immediately the funds matured to capture the 30m from the fixed deposit in his bank account together with about 8m he had combined in his two bank accounts before. He also transferred 3.5m to my account which I presented a gift deed, bank statement and receipt to attest that the money was for my living expense for the first year in Canada. I made sure I explained the fixed deposit investment very well how my dad got the money and showed the investment certificates for all the months within the duration of bank statement I sent to the embassy unlike my first application I only submitted the investment certificate of the month before date I submitted.

Please guys let me know what you think.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 160485(f): 3:07pm On Jul 08, 2022
PPR

Start dropping oo

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by yeleola: 3:13pm On Jul 08, 2022
160485:
PPR

Start dropping oo
Oro jade, ase tele !!

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by francisxbee: 3:29pm On Jul 08, 2022
SaniceSanice123:

Please, I want to add the amount that was given to me on my wedding day in my SOP. I also want to include the name of the person and relationship with the person in the same SOP. I will also add gift deed documents.

My question is, is it advisable to add all these information on the SOP or just write that I was given a monetary gift on my wedding day and provide the deed gift document?
May be difficult to explain such gift in SOP if the money is huge, best use the money and pay some part of your tuition fees.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by zxxtx: 3:30pm On Jul 08, 2022
yeleola:
Present Sir ! I noticed virtually all the January 2022 applications do not receive swift attention like those after them. It's so unfortunate. Am actually January 15th applicant and my eligibility review began just 12 days ago after bombarding IRCC with series of mails. The waiting is killing bro. Am waiting for their final decision and I hope it will not take donkey years to hear from them. It will end in praise. What God cannot do does not exit.

wow, I’m January 25, no response yet. I’ve been bombarding them with mails, no response. I don’t know what is wrong.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Zubi85: 3:34pm On Jul 08, 2022
[quote author=bullstriker post=114540926][/quote]
Please must I write IELTS exam before I can get Masters admission in Canadian universities despite being a Nigerian?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by SaniceSanice123: 3:50pm On Jul 08, 2022
francisxbee:

May be difficult to explain such gift in SOP if the money is huge, best use the money and pay some part of your tuition fees.
My husband has paid my tuition.

Do you think I should draft letter of explanation for it?
My dad gave me 5m and my former course mates donated 3.5m.

What do you think on how to go about it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by francisxbee: 4:11pm On Jul 08, 2022
SaniceSanice123:

My husband has paid my tuition.

Do you think I should draft letter of explanation for it?
My dad gave me 5m and my former course mates donated 3.5m.

What do you think on how to go about it
If that's the case, you can explain the gifts in your SOP. Attach dates and pictures of your marriage. Possibly stating when the funds were sent and date you got married.
You can go the extra mile by even circling the dates the donations occured on your bank statements and further explaing them in your SOP.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by bamangar: 4:22pm On Jul 08, 2022
Hello all, I have been going through this thread and i find Canada Immigration way complicated to UK's. I just want to sort everything before i jump into applications. I wish to go for January 2023 intake and one year post graduate course. My sister in UK will be my sponsor and she has a landed property

Can my sister in UK be my sponsor with her UK statement of account?

tuition fee is 10k canadian dollar. after full payment, can 10million Naira be enough on her closing account?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by johnstan(m): 4:22pm On Jul 08, 2022
160485:

https://www.cic.gc.ca/

The main website opens but the GCkey account site is down.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by gustav25: 4:22pm On Jul 08, 2022
Blakmandk:
Which school are you going to sir? That date looks like CNA resumption date.

Nbcc

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Mercyfoundme05: 4:23pm On Jul 08, 2022
160485:
PPR

Start dropping oo

Emi lo konnnn!!!

It is done!!!

What God cannot do does not exist!!!

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Hisapplebehold: 4:29pm On Jul 08, 2022
yes you can
greeners222:
Please house. Can one just book ONE WAY ticket as a student to Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Best256: 4:31pm On Jul 08, 2022
160485:
PPR

Start dropping oo

I receive in Jesus name. Amen

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Best256: 4:32pm On Jul 08, 2022
Zubi85:

Please must I write IELTS exam before I can get Masters admission in Canadian universities despite being a Nigerian?

No. It's optional.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by SaniceSanice123: 4:39pm On Jul 08, 2022
francisxbee:

If that's the case, you can explain the gifts in your SOP. Attach dates and pictures of your marriage. Possibly stating when the funds were sent and date you got married.
You can go the extra mile by even circling the dates the donations occured on your bank statements and further explaing them in your SOP.
Thank You. I really appreciate this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by tobe1997: 4:39pm On Jul 08, 2022
Hello everyone,please how the form A situation now. I want to pay my fees. How do you suggest I go about it.
Please I'll be waiting for answers. It's really urgent.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by johnstan(m): 4:41pm On Jul 08, 2022
tobe1997:
Hello everyone,please how the form A situation now. I want to pay my fees. How do you suggest I go about it.
Thank you

The earlier you start the better. Takes at least 30 days
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Samlolly28(m): 4:45pm On Jul 08, 2022
thoughts anyone?
Samlolly28:
Hi guys, my application was denied about a month ago solely on the grounds of insufficient funds and financial assets. Before I got denied I ordered my gcms note which just arrived today. Through the help of show young and others that aired their opinions I saw exactly what I did wrong. My dad was my sponsor and the total money in the two bank accounts he presented was about 3 million short of what it needed to be. My mistake was thinking I could use his fixed deposit investment worth over 30 million as POF. I also didn't provide my bank statement I have been told this is not enough to lead to denial but if your application has some loopholes then not having at least some funds in your account raises a red flag for the visa officers.

Sadly I reapplied yesterday but what I did differently even before seeing the gcms notes was I allowed the investment mature and got a statement immediately the funds matured to capture the 30m from the fixed deposit in his bank account together with about 8m he had combined in his two bank accounts before. He also transferred 3.5m to my account which I presented a gift deed, bank statement and receipt to attest that the money was for my living expense for the first year in Canada. I made sure I explained the fixed deposit investment very well how my dad got the money and showed the investment certificates for all the months within the duration of bank statement I sent to the embassy unlike my first application I only submitted the investment certificate of the month before date I submitted.

Please guys let me know what you think.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by tobe1997: 4:47pm On Jul 08, 2022
johnstan:

The earlier you start the better. Takes at least 30 days
Can I use my mum or my sisters account. Cos my email address is not linked to my bvn
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 2pretty4u(f): 4:51pm On Jul 08, 2022
160485:
PPR

Start dropping oo

Yes o, PPR for me and my family. JULY 20TH

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by yeleola: 4:54pm On Jul 08, 2022
zxxtx:

wow, I’m January 25, no response yet. I’ve been bombarding them with mails, no response. I don’t know what is wrong.

Has your eligibility began ? If no, I will advise you mail delhi-immigration@international.gc.ca. They respond to mail faster than every other channels. We shall all laugh at the end of the day. It is well.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by johnstan(m): 4:55pm On Jul 08, 2022
tobe1997:

Can I use my mum or my sisters account. Cos my email address is not linked to my bvn

From personal experience, using a third-party's profile on the CBN tradeprtal with your bank account may cause the bank to reject your payment. Access bank for instance usually support using your profile and your bank details.

Again that was my experience. Had to ask for the funds to be transferred to my account, i updated my email on my BVN and applied
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by flower1019078: 4:56pm On Jul 08, 2022
160485:
PPR

Start dropping oo
I KNOW MY PPR WOULD COME OUT AROUND OR BEFORE JULY 20TH AND ELIGIBILITY WOULD COMMENCE THIS WEEK OR THE UPCOMING
MAY APPLICANT
IT WILL END IN GRACE AMEN
GUYS I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT TO DO THE MPS WONT HELP UNLESS YOU ARE FROM THEIR STATE OR COUNTRY ANDEMAIL AND WEBFORM ISNT WORKING
I THINK NAIROBI BLOCKED ME

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by zxxtx: 5:01pm On Jul 08, 2022
yeleola:

Has your eligibility began ? If no, I will advise you mail delhi-immigration@international.gc.ca. They respond to mail faster than every other channels. We shall all laugh at the end of the day. It is well.

Yes, stuck at eligibility since March
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jhabulani: 5:03pm On Jul 08, 2022
zxxtx:
Please am I the only January applicant here

I’m here too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by robertito7(m): 5:05pm On Jul 08, 2022
Chubbyface:

PPR for my husband don land..Now my joy is full smiley
Family application approved, got mine and our son’s own this time last week(happens IOM didn’t send my husband’s results to IRCC on time, till we reached out to them, smh)

Documents submitted
Mine(principal applicant)

Acceptance letter and receipt of 1st semester tuition
BSC certificate
Transcripts
NYSC certificate
SOP
Employment letter
Study leave letter
Work I.D
4 months payslips
Salary account
Personal account
Husband’s personal account
Police certificate
NIN
Birth certificate
News paper change of Name
Land documents
Family pictures

Hubby’s documents

Letter of Intent (wrote that myself, about why he needs to join me because of our son and not to really work, even tho he is applying for SOWP)
Birth certificate
BSc certificate
NIN
NYSC
CAC document
Pictures of business place
Invoice/receipt

Son
International passport

Abeg the process of sending passport, I saw that we need to sign consent form. Is it the one we got from biometrics or how do I go about it?

Congratulations, those IOM people delayed me too

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by gracevien(f): 5:07pm On Jul 08, 2022
tobe1997:
Thank you

I also need help with this

(1) (2) (3) ... (803) (804) (805) (806) (807) (808) (809) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.