Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,361 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (820) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (906567 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (817) (818) (819) (820) (821) (822) (823) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Cannyboy: 10:47am On Jul 12, 2022
Cannyboy:
Goodday the gurus,pls i have a question concerning my admission at LAMBTON COLLEGE,am going for a two years pgc program in Human Resources Management with co-op,my tuition cost 26kcad,pls i want to ask if anyboby have any info concerning thier mode of payment,or if the school is accepting part payment and how much will it be the part payment from 26kCad.and i also want to ask how much will my sponsor have to present to ircc concerning( pof).curs my Father is my sponsor.@Lekiboboe,@ketima,@mrprolifik,@tecoon2020@showyoung,@technix
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by johnstan(m): 10:48am On Jul 12, 2022
Realpaulpat:
Good Morning Guru's. Please as regarding my Sponsor. Is he to open an account online and upload his sponsorship documents supporting my application? Or it's to be mailed manually to the embassy? And please is NIN compulsory?

You might need to be clearer with your question.

If you're the applicant, the sponsor is expected to visit his bank and apply for MBS (his bank statement to be sent directly to the embassy as your sponsor), he will be be given a receipt with ticket ID on it. This is the document you will attach to your application documents as his POF alongside his/her affidavit/notarized letter of sponsorship and other documents that can verify his/her source of income. Good luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by johnstan(m): 10:53am On Jul 12, 2022
[quote author=Cannyboy post=114654168][/quote]

Your LOA should contain information regarding your fees, initial dep amount if required or the full payment, the deadline for payment, the acceptable means of payment etc. Check and confirm.

Your POF is relative, the minimum requirement is your school fees and Living expense for a yr, however, it's not usually the case as you would be expected to show that you can afford your tuition and living expenses for the full duration of your course. Good luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Meenah2hot: 10:56am On Jul 12, 2022
RuggedArab:

Please how long did it take for the college to offer you admission after submitting your documents.
It took 1 week
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Cannyboy: 11:05am On Jul 12, 2022
johnstan:

Your LOA should contain information regarding your fees, initial dep amount if required or the full payment, the deadline for payment, the acceptable means of payment etc. Check and confirm.

Your POF is relative, the minimum requirement is your school fees and Living expense for a yr, however, it's not usually the case as you would be expected to show that you can afford your tuition and living expenses for the full duration of your course. Good luck
thanks bro appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by mrprolifik: 11:14am On Jul 12, 2022
Cannyboy:
Goodday the gurus,pls i have a question concerning my admission at LAMBTON COLLEGE,am going for a two years pgc program in Human Resources Management with co-op,my tuition cost 26kcad,pls i want to ask if anyboby have any info concerning thier mode of payment,or if the school is accepting part payment and how much will it be the part payment from 26kCad.and i also want to ask how much will my sponsor have to present to ircc concerning( pof).curs my Father is my sponsor.@Lekiboboe,@ketima,@mrprolifik,@tecoon2020@showyoung,@technix

Click on the link below to find the answer to your question answered by IRCC. Goodluck
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/get-documents.html
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Realpaulpat(m): 11:25am On Jul 12, 2022
johnstan:

You might need to be clearer with your question.

If you're the applicant, the sponsor is expected to visit his bank and apply for MBS (his bank statement to be sent directly to the embassy as your sponsor), he will be be given a receipt with ticket ID on it. This is the document you will attach to your application documents as his POF alongside his/her affidavit/notarized letter of sponsorship and other documents that can verify his/her source of income. Good luck

Okay thanks. And is the IMF 5707( Family form) and IMM1294 the only forms to fill?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Kam3: 11:42am On Jul 12, 2022
websta:
For those who are in Canada, is it cheaper to buy a used MacBook in Canada or Nigeria?

I have one for sell ooo if you are interested, it is foreign used
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Derekxxy: 11:51am On Jul 12, 2022
Pls who have apply for MAcc in the university of Alberta either prospective student/ already a student...

Just want to know hw much is there initial deposit
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by unclekev(m): 12:18pm On Jul 12, 2022
Anyone?

unclekev:
Hello Everyone,

Anyone going to Georgian College @ILAC, Toronto Campus for Fall 2022?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Johnames: 1:01pm On Jul 12, 2022
Gurus in the house
Please i need guidance here
I graduated from the university since 2017, with a degree in B.A Ed (Religion 2nd class lower 2.9 CGPA) during these periods i have taught in private schools and i also have a person business that I'm running (Laundry business)
What course can i apply for, that will not lead to any redflag considering my academic history and work background
Please kindly assist
Lekiboboe
Ketima
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by OLAMINREWA(m): 1:02pm On Jul 12, 2022
Ableman101:

Please have you gotten answer to this question. Will IOM be there please ?

Yes please. Go ahead as scheduled in your appointment. They will be available. Sorry for the delay.

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Iyin2017: 1:02pm On Jul 12, 2022
Hello gurus in the house,

I arrived in Canada in January 2022, we applied for a visiting visa for my husband and daughter in January but this was refused in February.

Another application for Open Work Permit and visiting visa was submitted in February, we noticed eligibility started today for the OWP but the Visiting visa for my daughter was denied today with reason - ''the purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application''. My daughter will be 5 in December. Do we need to apply for a study visa for her?

I must also add that we submitted a Visiting Visa application in June for my husband and daughter because he will be on vacation in August, the visiting visas application are still active.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by RuggedArab: 1:11pm On Jul 12, 2022
Meenah2hot:

It took 1 week

Ok, thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ay08020407288(m): 1:28pm On Jul 12, 2022
Hello guru in the house pls I have a ? To ask
Submitted on the 28th June
Did biometric on the on 4th of July it was updated the same day
I did my medical upfront 2nd of March but oh has not yet reflect or updated on my portal hope Is normal
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by sweetchi1011: 1:32pm On Jul 12, 2022
PPR scarce oooo. What is going on with IRCC?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by GbemiBukk(f): 1:34pm On Jul 12, 2022
Its not a good news ,
My spouse soap and infants VV was refused today.
Please I need help on addressing the refusal reasons:
Spouse: you have significant ties in Canada
Insufficient funds
Infant: you do not have significant ties outside Canada
And insufficient funds
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Trailblazer21: 1:37pm On Jul 12, 2022
Iyin2017:
Hello gurus in the house,

I arrived in Canada in January 2022, we applied for a visiting visa for my husband and daughter in January but this was refused in February.

Another application for Open Work Permit and visiting visa was submitted in February, we noticed eligibility started today for the OWP but the Visiting visa for my daughter was denied today with reason - ''the purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application''. My daughter will be 5 in December. Do we need to apply for a study visa for her?

I must also add that we submitted a Visiting Visa application in June for my husband and daughter because he will be on vacation in August, the visiting visas application are still active.

Thank you

Good day,

I think while applying for your study permit you indicated that no one will be accompanying you to Canada and seeing that after you arrived Canada in January, your family applied to join you.
So the bolder seems to be the problem but the good news is there are people who have gotten their family visas even after indicating that no one will accompany them.
Order their GCMS notes to know the issue.

Cheers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by olokings(m): 1:44pm On Jul 12, 2022
Gurus please an insight on this will really help.

IRCC reported to an MP I contacted that my n family applications are on "we are reviewing documents to see if meet eligibility".

However, I've been checking Portal till now, eligibility review update haven't shown yet.

Do I follow up n Nairobi office with email or wait it out.

Application is 10 weeks today.

PS: applied for gcmsnotes but its been delayed after 30 days yet to come out.

olokings:
Hello gurus,
So I received a feedback from an MP on my family application.

Report stated that eligibility is ongoing for each and all of our applications. Although, it didn't state when eligibility started.

I have been sending emails 4 times weekly for the past one month.

Should I continue with bombarding Nairobi offic3 with mails, or should I pause band wait for their response?

Application is 10 weeks now (April 30th 2022).

Gurus pls advise on if to continue firing emails or not.

Thanka
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by timilehinemmanu(m): 1:45pm On Jul 12, 2022
Please everyone I really need your help my application is going to 9 month and nothing yet since Nov 24th got a mail in may 5 to send updated bank statement was given two weeks ( 15) days to do so I did by may 20 I submitted making the Bank statement in original copy because the bank didn't print a coloured copy for me so this time I requested for a coloured copy and I was given I submitted and it has been showing submission since the may 20th o
Till now I haven't gotten any thing o
Have sent MP mail have sent different webform m tired please kindly help o I have requested for gcms it empty please help me with a MP email address that can fasten the process to get a final decision from ircc for me my admission expires this sept .

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by timilehinemmanu(m): 1:48pm On Jul 12, 2022
Please everyone I really need your help my application is going to 9 month and nothing yet since Nov 24th got a mail in may 5 to send updated bank statement was given two weeks ( 15) days to do so I did by may 20 I submitted making the Bank statement in original copy because the bank didn't print a coloured copy for me so this time I requested for a coloured copy and I was given I submitted and it has been showing submission since the may 20th o
Till now I haven't gotten any thing o
Have sent MP mail have sent different webform m tired please kindly help o I have requested for gcms it empty please help me with a MP email address that can fasten the process to get a final decision from ircc for me my admission expires this sept .[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Derekxxy: 1:53pm On Jul 12, 2022
Pls who have apply for MAcc in the university of Alberta either prospective student/ already a student...

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ay08020407288(m): 1:53pm On Jul 12, 2022
I did my medical upfront 2nd of March but it has not yet reflect or updated on my portal hope Is normal
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Kolajero: 2:15pm On Jul 12, 2022
Chubbyface:
Hello house..got PPR yesterday..Family application. Study visa for me, VV for my baby, but my husband’s PPR (SOWP) hasn’t dropped. Was hoping it would drop later in the day so that I would give our testimony at ones, not until I checked his profile and his medicals is not updated yet. IOM promised to send our medical sheets via email, but I didn’t receive any.(so that I can send my husband’s own via webform) How do I go about this plz.

First time applicant, did everything myself, no travel history for both of us.

Submitted: April 26
Biometrics done and updated: May 11
Medical request for 3 of us: June 14
Medicals done at IOM Abuja: June 27
Medicals updated (me and our child): June 28
BVL: June 30
PPR: July 1st

Would send our documentation later.

Congratulations to you.

Please, how did handle this attached part (Purpose of Travel) for your husband as an accompanying relative? I'm confused and I don't know what to attach there. Does that mean we need to book a return ticket for my husband?

I will appreciate your response.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by owolabia: 2:17pm On Jul 12, 2022
ALHAMDULILAH ROBIL ALAMIN

SOWP APPROVED WITH 1KID ��

TWO PPR ALERTS TODAY!!!

Application submitted January 25th
Biometric February 1st
Medical Request June 13th
Medical Exams passed July 10th
PPR for both Wife and Kid July 12th

Family To Reunite Soon in Canada ��

I wish everyone more approvals .

Anyone to share step by step latest update to submit PPR ?

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by MotunrayoD: 2:27pm On Jul 12, 2022
Obibaby:
Download from Play store or Apple store.
Register and fill the form ONLY 72hrs to your travel.
After filling, you will generate a receipt for it.
Your ArriveCAN receipt must have letter A, I or V beside your name after uploading your vaccination card.
Thank you

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by sinorte: 2:36pm On Jul 12, 2022
Congratulations to you and your family

owolabia:

TWO PPR ALERTS TODAY!!!

Biometric February 1st

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Fativivimat: 2:39pm On Jul 12, 2022
Ay08020407288:

I did my medical upfront 2nd of March but it has not yet reflect or updated on my portal hope Is normal
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

You will have to be patient I will be updated very soon. IRCC noted they have backlog of Medicals to be processed on their website. It will end in praise.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Happinesssss: 2:40pm On Jul 12, 2022
Good Afternoon Gurus in the house

Please am currently having a problem with my school application, the thing is that they are asking for my official transcript from my high school and I have gap study of 4years, the only documents I have is my report card containing all my scores from sss1-3, my Waec results, and (Waec) scratch card.
We know how Nigeria schools can be, I actually went to the school I graduated from, and they told me that they don't know what an official transcript is, except my testimonial.
So guys, I know is it that the official transcript is my report or testimonial.
Please I need more light on this, it's urgent
Thanks Soo much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Fativivimat: 2:41pm On Jul 12, 2022
Derekxxy:

Go and look it up at University of Alberta's website. Check the section for tuition you will definitely find an answer.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 160485(f): 2:42pm On Jul 12, 2022
owolabia:

TWO PPR ALERTS TODAY!!!

Biometric February 1st

Congrats

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jul 12, 2022
Happinesssss:
Good Afternoon Gurus in the house

Please am currently having a problem with my school application, the thing is that they are asking for my official transcript from my high school and I have gap study of 4years, the only documents I have is my report card containing all my scores from sss1-3, my Waec results, and (Waec) scratch card.
We know how Nigeria schools can be, I actually went to the school I graduated from, and they told me that they don't know what an official transcript is, except my testimonial.
So guys, I know is it that the official transcript is my report or testimonial.
Please I need more light on this, it's urgent
Thanks Soo much

Transcript is just the the compilation of your scores and grade ranging from jss1 to SS3.

Beg them to help you prepare it. If you have your scores and grades within this period present it to them inorder to put those together.

(1) (2) (3) ... (817) (818) (819) (820) (821) (822) (823) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.