Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Gambling Is Not A Virtuous Venture, Stop It Now! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gambling Is Not A Virtuous Venture, Stop It Now! (326 Views)

Gambling Is Now A Menace And A Social Problem. / My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It / Annah Ishaku, Chikezie Ijeoma, Namia Robert Bag African Virtuous Woman Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gambling Is Not A Virtuous Venture, Stop It Now! by Elbinawi: 3:03am On Jan 27, 2022
Gambling is not a Virtuous Venture, Stop It Now!

One of my Fans from Southern Nigeria sent me this #Photo and he requested that I should write ✍️ something on gambling.

Gambling is Haram (forbidden) in Islam. I don't know the position of gambling in Christianity but gambling is not a virtuous venture. The self-deception of gambling is an endless mirage. A deluded illusion caused by the sickness of the mind.

Unfortunately, millions of Nigerian Youths had fallen into the drowning sea of gambling. Some of them have lost their jobs due to gambling. Some are in prisons due to debts incurred from gambling. Some have lost their minds and are mentally decapitated due to excessive gambling.

Presently, there are lots of gambling applications everywhere because gambling is a lucrative business. Gambling companies and shop bets are making millions. There is a whole city in America, Las Vegas, Nevada, dedicated to gambling. The late King Fahad of Saudi Arabia was one of it famous customers.

The worst of this gambling applications is the Virtual bets. They're not programmed for you to win. They're programmed for you to lose. Win once maybe and lose 5 times. What is the profit here?

If we all agree that gambling is not a virtuous venture then how can one stop it?

I will not quote verses from the Holy Quran that prohibited gambling as not all those who will read this article are Muslims. I will depend on qualitative reasoning that is a common denominator for the whole of humanity.

The war against gambling and gambling addiction starts from the mind. The mind is the battlefield. The moment you assumed that you can not stop gambling then you have lost this war. In the process of this war, you can lose some battles but with determination you can win the war and free yourself from this endless mirage.

Contentment should always be your watchword in this war against gambling addiction. The money in Betshops is not yours. Your money is the ones in your bank account and the Bet shops cannot come to your account and pull your money. You are the one that will withdraw money from you bank account and use it to gamble. Then stop withdrawing money from your bank account and using them for gambling. Yes, you can do it. Be determined!

On a final note, the war against gambling and gambling addiction is possible and can be won and many people have succeeded in overcoming it. Why not give it a try?

Harun Elbinawi
elbinawi@yahoo.com
Elbinawi.
Re: Gambling Is Not A Virtuous Venture, Stop It Now! by Jostoman: 3:17am On Jan 27, 2022
I just wasted my time reading this trash.

1 Like

Re: Gambling Is Not A Virtuous Venture, Stop It Now! by BeardedmeatR(m): 5:56am On Jan 27, 2022
Nice sermon. But why in politics section?
Re: Gambling Is Not A Virtuous Venture, Stop It Now! by Zandena(f): 8:04am On Jan 27, 2022
You have made a good presentation though., but the question I'm asking you is that can't you just do without casting aspersions on others even after their death!
You need to checkmate yourself on this and other misgivings from you towards others especially the dead. A point becomes meaningless and unacceptable to others when it is devoid of courtesy. Even if you're selling a bad product, when it's well packaged and presented it becomes appealing to many!
Words of advice
Re: Gambling Is Not A Virtuous Venture, Stop It Now! by SarkinYarki: 8:09am On Jan 27, 2022
There is nothing in life that doesn't have the element of chance in it . Even your being born on this earth was game of chance
Re: Gambling Is Not A Virtuous Venture, Stop It Now! by Truthisunique3: 8:54am On Jan 27, 2022
You would not quote Quran because it is not in quran grin
Re: Gambling Is Not A Virtuous Venture, Stop It Now! by Thepolo999(m): 9:34am On Jan 27, 2022
Life is a gamble.does it mean I should stop living.50/50 chance you win or you lose.

(1) (Reply)

APC Chairmanship And EFCC Candidates / COMING UP NEXT: Biafra Freedom! Biafra Freedom!! Biafra Freedom!!! / State Of Nigeria; 5 Schools Of Thought By Prince Erondu Uche, PG ASWITU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.