Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,312 members, 7,822,540 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Should You Upgrade To The Redmi Note 11 Series Or Not? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Should You Upgrade To The Redmi Note 11 Series Or Not? (2113 Views)

Oraimo Freepods PRO Vs Oraimo Freepods 3 - Should You Upgrade?! / Alex Ekubo, Bimbo Ademoye, Osas & Neo Joins Infinix To Launch NOTE 11 Series / TECNO Camon 16 Premier Unboxing & Quick Review: Should You Upgrade? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should You Upgrade To The Redmi Note 11 Series Or Not? by atheistandproud(m): 12:49pm On Jan 27, 2022
Inquisitive Universe:
Alright good evening everyone.

How was your day?

Today we want to look at the topic that has everyone buzzing.

Let's look at the global release of the Redmi Note 11 series. Now if you look at the release sheet, there are more than 7 phones on it and many people got confused.

To make it simple, if you don't live in China, there are only four phones that you should care about:

Redmi Note 11
Redmi Note 11S
Redmi Note 11 Pro (4G)
Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaYzvwZw_PA

I'll only list out the most important specs and how they compare to previous phones. This should give you an idea as to if you should upgrade or not.

For a full list of specs, you should visit the blog or any other website of your choice.

Let's start with the RN11

The RN11 is a lower midranger. It uses a Snapdragon 680 SoC with an Adreno GPU.

As has been confirmed by Notebook check, the SD680 is behind the SD678 on the RN10 in terms of performance.

But the 680 is still far better than the Helio G88 on the Redmi 10.

Therefore the RN11 is a much better option when compared to the Redmi 10 in terms of performance.

The RN11 has 6.43" Amoled with a 90Hz refresh rate. Standard fare these days. Once upon a time, AMOLED was a big deal.

There are 4 cameras here but the main one is the 50MP Samsung JN1 that was used on the Redmi 10. If you throw in Snapdragon's better image processing and possibly a GCam port, this phone will outperform both the RN10, Redmi 10 and Redmi 9t.

Finally, there is a 5,000mAh battery here with 33W fast charge. 33W that we used to do yanga in 2020. Tech moves really fast.

So if you have a Redmi Note 8 Pro, Redmi Note 9S, Redmi Note 9 Pro, Redmi Note 10, Redmi Note 10S and Redmi Note 10 Pro...

You don't need to downgrade to this phone. Forget the naming scheme. It is inferior to your phone.

If you own any of the Redmi A or T series, anything older than Redmi Note 9, that is Redmi Note 8, 7, 5, 4 etc. Anything older than Redmi 10 like Redmi 9, 8, 7, 6, 5 etc.

Then you're very clear to upgrade

The next two phones are the Redmi Note 11S and the Redmi Note 11 Pro (4G)

Just like the Redmi Note 9S and the Redmi Note 9 Pro from 2020, the Redmi Note 11S and Redmi Note 11 Pro 4G are very very identical.

Except for two differences.

Both of these phones use a MediaTek Helio G96 with a Mali G57 MC2 GPU. If you follow this group, you'll know that we have trashed the issue of the G96 in the past.

I am not particularly fond of it. Mediatek added 108mp support to it and removed a good amount of gaming power.

It wouldn't matter much tho if Xiaomi can get developers to code or optimize games for it.

Now don't get me wrong, the G96 is not a bad SoC, but I think it would have been much better with the Mali G76 MC4 instead of the G57 MC2.

Both phones also use the same 108MP Samsung HM2 main camera. I am interested to see how the HM2 will perform on top of the new Mediatek ISP.

Both phones also use the same 5,000mAh battery

And this is where the comparisons end.

The Redmi Note 11 Pro uses a bigger and better display with 6.67" FHD+ AMOLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate while the RN11S uses a smaller 6.43" FHD+ AMOLED display with a 90Hz refresh rate.

The RN11 pro also uses a faster 67W flagship grade charging speed while the RN11S uses a 33W fast charge.

Both phones are really good and I won't endorse one over the other. If you want the better refresh rate/touch rate and want a better fast charge. You can cough up the extra.

Now to question of should I upgrade or not?

If you own a Redmi Note 9S, Redmi Note 9 Pro, Redmi Note 10S, Redmi Note 10 5G and a Redmi Note 10 Pro. This is probably not the upgrade for you. It would be best if you say this one out.

If you own anything lower than a Redmi Note 8 Pro, Redmi Note 7 Pro etc.

If you own any of the Redmi A or T series, anything older than Redmi Note 9, that is Redmi Note 8, 7, 5, 4 etc. Anything older than Redmi 10 like Redmi 9, 8, 7, 6, 5 etc.

Then you can upgrade with joy. So long as your purse or wallet can wedge the cost.

Finally we have the creme de la creme.

The Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G.

The Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G houses a Snapdragon 695 (5G). On Facebook, people were complaining that Xiaomi went a step back with the Redmi Note 11 Pro.

Why would Xiaomi use a 600 series SoC for the pro version?

Well to those of us who know Xiaomi and Qualcomm, this is not going to be the first time.

In 2019, Xiaomi released the RN7 pro with the Snapdragon 675. Many also complained that the 675 was too small and that Xiaomi should have at least used a 700 series SoC.

Turns out that when the benchmarks were released, the SD675 performed better than the SD710.

They also did the same thing with the SD720G which was better than the SD730 and SD730G.

So when the SD695, 690 and 680 was released, I took a keen interest because I needed to keep my list of top 100 SoCs up to date.

To my surprise, both the SD 690 and SD695 beat the SD732G which I used as my control (project students go understand).

I shook my head lol. In my mind, just said that Qualcomm are back to their old tricks again. The trick of confusing smartphone users.

So the SD695 is not a step down. It is actually better than the SD732G on the Redmi Note 10 Pro. On top of that, it has 5G.

The Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G uses a 6.67" FHD+ Amoled display with a 120Hz refresh rate and a 240 Hz touch rate.

It is also headlined by a 108mp Samsung HM2 camera and when you throw in Snapdragon's better image processing...better images are going to be coming from this phone.

The battery here is 5,000mAh with a 67W fast charge.

To round up, should you upgrade or not?

If you own a Redmi Note 9S, Redmi Note 9 Pro, Redmi Note 10S, Redmi Note 10 5G and a Redmi Note 10 Pro 5G...

You definitely do not need to upgrade

Although those people using the Redmi Note 9S and Redmi Note 9 Pro may give it a shot because of the better 108Mp, display and battery.

Also the Redmi Note 9 series are starting to age at this point in time.

Everyone else is free to upgrade.

So that is it for the Redmi Note 11 series.

What do you think? Let's discuss.

https://inquisitiveuniverse.com/2022/01/26/redmi-note-11-series-is-here/

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should You Upgrade To The Redmi Note 11 Series Or Not? by grudges: 3:42pm On Jan 27, 2022
Weldon sir, you tried for my liking, and your review will give an insight for those that want to Upgrade, I pray and hope that note 11 pro 4g will not pass 180,000 here in nigeria.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should You Upgrade To The Redmi Note 11 Series Or Not? by frankman365(m): 5:27pm On Jan 27, 2022
As things are going, I might just jump from rn8 to lgv50/60.
Time will tell...

1 Like

Re: Should You Upgrade To The Redmi Note 11 Series Or Not? by SunshineHQ(m): 5:55pm On Jan 27, 2022
I never ready to leave pixel 3
Re: Should You Upgrade To The Redmi Note 11 Series Or Not? by atheistandproud(m): 6:10pm On Jan 27, 2022
grudges:
Weldon sir, you tried for my liking, and your review will give an insight for those that want to Upgrade, I pray and hope that note 11 pro 4g will not pass 180,000 here in nigeria.

Naira don fall anyhow like old mama ****

It is well with us oh

1 Like

Re: Should You Upgrade To The Redmi Note 11 Series Or Not? by atheistandproud(m): 6:11pm On Jan 27, 2022
frankman365:
As things are going, I might just jump from rn8 to lgv50/60.
Time will tell...

Enya - Only time
Re: Should You Upgrade To The Redmi Note 11 Series Or Not? by atheistandproud(m): 6:25pm On Jan 27, 2022
SunshineHQ:
I never ready to leave pixel 3

So long as the phone still good na
Re: Should You Upgrade To The Redmi Note 11 Series Or Not? by Dazall: 8:04pm On Jan 27, 2022
atheistandproud:

So long as the phone still good na

So you are saying that Redmi Note 11 pro is a massive upgrade for a note 9 user?
Re: Should You Upgrade To The Redmi Note 11 Series Or Not? by DontBullshitMe: 9:14pm On Jan 27, 2022
Atheistandproud and detailed, well researched articles are inseparable. cheesy

I own a Redmi Note 10s. This article feels like it's personally tailored for me.

3 Likes

Re: Should You Upgrade To The Redmi Note 11 Series Or Not? by atheistandproud(m): 9:55pm On Jan 27, 2022
Dazall:

So you are saying that Redmi Note 11 pro is a massive upgrade for a note 9 user?

I don't remember saying that.

This is what I said

If you own a Redmi Note 9S, Redmi Note 9 Pro, Redmi Note 10S, Redmi Note 10 5G and a Redmi Note 10 Pro 5G...

Although those people using the Redmi Note 9S and Redmi Note 9 Pro may give it a shot because of the better 108Mp, display and battery.
Re: Should You Upgrade To The Redmi Note 11 Series Or Not? by atheistandproud(m): 10:02pm On Jan 27, 2022
DontBullshitMe:
Atheistand.proud and detailed, well researched articles are inseparable. cheesy

I own a Redmi Note 10s. This article feels like it's personally tailored for me.

I'm glad that you found it beneficial. grin grin grin
Re: Should You Upgrade To The Redmi Note 11 Series Or Not? by WHITELIGHTER: 6:00am On Jan 28, 2022
An interesting read...well detailed

Welldone Bro

1 Like

Re: Should You Upgrade To The Redmi Note 11 Series Or Not? by skywalker240(m): 11:39am On Jan 28, 2022
Truly Am not that impressed with the note 11 series, except maybe for the 5G Model

helio G96 is a colossal turn off

3 Likes

Re: Should You Upgrade To The Redmi Note 11 Series Or Not? by xoftt(m): 2:49pm On Jan 28, 2022
atheistandproud:
Inquisitive Universe:

So if you have a Redmi Note 8 Pro, Redmi Note 9S, Redmi Note 9 Pro, Redmi Note 10, Redmi Note 10S and Redmi Note 10 Pro...

You don't need to downgrade to this phone. Forget the naming scheme. It is inferior to your phone.

/
How about someone upgrading from a Tecno spark 5
Re: Should You Upgrade To The Redmi Note 11 Series Or Not? by Norman4real(m): 6:11pm On Jan 28, 2022
I'm using a Poco F3. Probably won't need to upgrade to any other phone for the next 3 yrs if my phone isn't lost or damaged.
Re: Should You Upgrade To The Redmi Note 11 Series Or Not? by Hakeem12(m): 8:52pm On Jan 28, 2022
@atheistandproud, would you be upgrading too?
Re: Should You Upgrade To The Redmi Note 11 Series Or Not? by atheistandproud(m): 11:48pm On Jan 28, 2022
xoftt:

How about someone upgrading from a Tecno spark 5

Any phone on that list would be a huge upgrade. No cap.

2 Likes

Re: Should You Upgrade To The Redmi Note 11 Series Or Not? by atheistandproud(m): 11:49pm On Jan 28, 2022
Norman4real:
I'm using a Poco F3. Probably won't need to upgrade to any other phone for the next 3 yrs if my phone isn't lost or damaged.

Agba!

You cannot compare a flagship killer to upper midrangers na. Poco F3 far ahead.
Re: Should You Upgrade To The Redmi Note 11 Series Or Not? by atheistandproud(m): 11:49pm On Jan 28, 2022
Hakeem12:
@atheistandproud, would you be upgrading too?

Nope. Not at all. My phone never work e money complete.

2 Likes

Re: Should You Upgrade To The Redmi Note 11 Series Or Not? by alphaNomega: 11:19am On Jan 31, 2022
atheistandproud:
Inquisitive Universe:

How was your day?

Today we want to look at the topic that has everyone buzzing.

Let's look at the global release of the Redmi Note 11 series. Now if you look at the release sheet, there are more than 7 phones on it and many people got confused.

To make it simple, if you don't live in China, there are only four phones that you should care about:

Redmi Note 11
Redmi Note 11S
Redmi Note 11 Pro (4G)
Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G

I'll only list out the most important specs and how they compare to previous phones. This should give you an idea as to if you should upgrade or not.

For a full list of specs, you should visit the blog or any other website of your choice.

Let's start with the RN11

The RN11 is a lower midranger. It uses a Snapdragon 680 SoC with an Adreno GPU.

As has been confirmed by Notebook check, the SD680 is behind the SD678 on the RN10 in terms of performance.

But the 680 is still far better than the Helio G88 on the Redmi 10.

Therefore the RN11 is a much better option when compared to the Redmi 10 in terms of performance.

The RN11 has 6.43" Amoled with a 90Hz refresh rate. Standard fare these days. Once upon a time, AMOLED was a big deal.

There are 4 cameras here but the main one is the 50MP Samsung JN1 that was used on the Redmi 10. If you throw in Snapdragon's better image processing and possibly a GCam port, this phone will outperform both the RN10, Redmi 10 and Redmi 9t.

Finally, there is a 5,000mAh battery here with 33W fast charge. 33W that we used to do yanga in 2020. Tech moves really fast.

The next two phones are the Redmi Note 11S and the Redmi Note 11 Pro (4G)

Just like the Redmi Note 9S and the Redmi Note 9 Pro from 2020, the Redmi Note 11S and Redmi Note 11 Pro 4G are very very identical.

Except for two differences.

Both of these phones use a MediaTek Helio G96 with a Mali G57 MC2 GPU. If you follow this group, you'll know that we have trashed the issue of the G96 in the past.

I am not particularly fond of it. Mediatek added 108mp support to it and removed a good amount of gaming power.

It wouldn't matter much tho if Xiaomi can get developers to code or optimize games for it.

Now don't get me wrong, the G96 is not a bad SoC, but I think it would have been much better with the Mali G76 MC4 instead of the G57 MC2.

Both phones also use the same 108MP Samsung HM2 main camera. I am interested to see how the HM2 will perform on top of the new Mediatek ISP.

Both phones also use the same 5,000mAh battery

And this is where the comparisons end.

The Redmi Note 11 Pro uses a bigger and better display with 6.67" FHD+ AMOLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate while the RN11S uses a smaller 6.43" FHD+ AMOLED display with a 90Hz refresh rate.

The RN11 pro also uses a faster 67W flagship grade charging speed while the RN11S uses a 33W fast charge.

Both phones are really good and I won't endorse one over the other. If you want the better refresh rate/touch rate and want a better fast charge. You can cough up the extra.

Now to question of should I upgrade or not?

If you own a Redmi Note 9S, Redmi Note 9 Pro, Redmi Note 10S, Redmi Note 10 5G and a Redmi Note 10 Pro. This is probably not the upgrade for you. It would be best if you say this one out.

If you own anything lower than a Redmi Note 8 Pro, Redmi Note 7 Pro etc.

Then you can upgrade with joy. So long as your purse or wallet can wedge the cost.

Finally we have the creme de la creme.

The Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G.

The Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G houses a Snapdragon 695 (5G). On Facebook, people were complaining that Xiaomi went a step back with the Redmi Note 11 Pro.

Why would Xiaomi use a 600 series SoC for the pro version?

Well to those of us who know Xiaomi and Qualcomm, this is not going to be the first time.

In 2019, Xiaomi released the RN7 pro with the Snapdragon 675. Many also complained that the 675 was too small and that Xiaomi should have at least used a 700 series SoC.

Turns out that when the benchmarks were released, the SD675 performed better than the SD710.

They also did the same thing with the SD720G which was better than the SD730 and SD730G.

So when the SD695, 690 and 680 was released, I took a keen interest because I needed to keep my list of top 100 SoCs up to date.

To my surprise, both the SD 690 and SD695 beat the SD732G which I used as my control (project students go understand).

I shook my head lol. In my mind, just said that Qualcomm are back to their old tricks again. The trick of confusing smartphone users.

So the SD695 is not a step down. It is actually better than the SD732G on the Redmi Note 10 Pro. On top of that, it has 5G.

The Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G uses a 6.67" FHD+ Amoled display with a 120Hz refresh rate and a 240 Hz touch rate.

It is also headlined by a 108mp Samsung HM2 camera and when you throw in Snapdragon's better image processing...better images are going to be coming from this phone.

The battery here is 5,000mAh with a 67W fast charge.

Also the Redmi Note 9 series are starting to age at this point in time.

Everyone else is free to upgrade.

So that is it for the Redmi Note 11 series.

What do you think? Let's discuss.

https://inquisitiveuniverse.com/2022/01/26/redmi-note-11-series-is-here/

Excellent review. I'm definitely not upgrading cheesy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is This Possible. Shattered Screen But Still Working. / Current Price Of Nokia N70 / Unlock Zte Modem/data Card: Now Maker Of Mtn And Etisalat Modem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.