Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,984 members, 7,828,484 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Throwback: What Encounter(s) Have You Had While Driving That You Wouldn't Forget - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Throwback: What Encounter(s) Have You Had While Driving That You Wouldn't Forget (1549 Views)

How Do You Hold Your Steering Wheel While Driving? / FRSC: Using Google Map While Driving Is A Serious Offence / Driver Covers Himself With Umbrella While Driving An Open-roof Benz In The Rain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Throwback: What Encounter(s) Have You Had While Driving That You Wouldn't Forget by deelabs(m): 3:10pm On Jan 27, 2022
Throwback: Driving a motor vehicle is more than you sitting at a steering and changing gears. There are some other situations that arise and affect the outcome of driving a vehicle from a location to another. We asking what encounter(s) you had while driving that you wouldn't forget?

Tell us, we want to know. Share and tag someone who was there with you.

#cpn #carpartsnigeria #throwback

Re: Throwback: What Encounter(s) Have You Had While Driving That You Wouldn't Forget by ItsGoodToBeGood: 3:32pm On Jan 27, 2022
Damn,,, I can't forget the day my steering disappeared while I was in motion.

1 Like

Re: Throwback: What Encounter(s) Have You Had While Driving That You Wouldn't Forget by Magnoliaa(f): 4:05pm On Jan 27, 2022
I'm buying this space for when I buy a car.

*Not for sale! Beware of my wayward daughter, Kaosarat!*

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: What Encounter(s) Have You Had While Driving That You Wouldn't Forget by deelabs(m): 12:02am On Jan 28, 2022
ItsGoodToBeGood:

habaaaaa... grin grin grin grin
Re: Throwback: What Encounter(s) Have You Had While Driving That You Wouldn't Forget by ItsGoodToBeGood: 8:19am On Jan 28, 2022
deelabs:

habaaaaa... grin grin grin grin

E shock me too

1 Like

Re: Throwback: What Encounter(s) Have You Had While Driving That You Wouldn't Forget by Fremantle: 12:19pm On Jan 28, 2022
deelabs:
Throwback:

The encounter I had while driving was kinda fun....

I was on my way home in a Peugeot 206 cruising and overtaking vehicles I was much faster than, when I noticed through my rearview mirror a similar car behind me (a dark blue Peugeot). The behavior of the driver didn't really seem much to me at first but along the way I noticed the driver was trying to catch up with me.

If I over take a vehicle he would make sure he overtakes that vehicle as well, be it two or three vehicles I passed he would do same. I noticed and decided to give him a chase.... I fired down to b sure, oga followed, I laughed and told myself, since this guy wants a race I'll give him one.

I started overtaken and entering small spaces (mind u I was being cautious) and if u know the 206 you'll know the car is small and can enter spaces. So there was an overtake I did and the other driver decided to follow, but he couldn't and I lost him there as the road in front of me was clear.

About 3minutues later looking over my mirrors to see if I could see him, I saw the dark blue 206 approaching very fast, Dis time around I decided to put on my double traffigator to signal if he would tag along to my surprise he did same. Although through out our cat and mouse chase he never cut-up/overtook me.

Had to miss my junction cus of that guy, didn't go far sha, at the next u-turn I put of the hazard lights and signaled for a left turn, he flashed twice and when he came past me by the side, he Horned, waved and laughed. I got back home that day with a smile on my face.

Ever since then I haven't really had any such encounters again and if I had I don't think I will engage.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback: What Encounter(s) Have You Had While Driving That You Wouldn't Forget by deelabs(m): 1:46pm On Jan 28, 2022
Fremantle:

I was on my way home in a Peugeot 206 cruising and overtaking vehicles I was much faster than, when I noticed through my rearview mirror a similar car behind me (a dark blue Peugeot). The behavior of the driver didn't really seem much to me at first but along the way I noticed the driver was trying to catch up with me.

If I over take a vehicle he would make sure he overtakes that vehicle as well, be it two or three vehicles I passed he would do same. I noticed and decided to give him a chase.... I fired down to b sure, oga followed, I laughed and told myself, since this guy wants a race I'll give him one.

I started overtaken and entering small spaces (mind u I was being cautious) and if u know the 206 you'll know the car is small and can enter spaces. So there was an overtake I did and the other driver decided to follow, but he couldn't and I lost him there as the road in front of me was clear.

About 3minutues later looking over my mirrors to see if I could see him, I saw the dark blue 206 approaching very fast, Dis time around I decided to put on my double traffigator to signal if he would tag along to my surprise he did same. Although through out our cat and mouse chase he never cut-up/overtook me.

Had to miss my junction cus of that guy, didn't go far sha, at the next u-turn I put of the hazard lights and signaled for a left turn, he flashed twice and when he came past me by the side, he Horned, waved and laughed. I got back home that day with a smile on my face.

Ever since then I haven't really had any such encounters again and if I had I don't think I will engage.

me I no like speed oo.. God saved me twice already from over speeding accidents. Since then I turn preacher.

4 Likes

Re: Throwback: What Encounter(s) Have You Had While Driving That You Wouldn't Forget by Fremantle: 3:14pm On Jan 28, 2022
deelabs:

me I no like speed oo.. God saved me twice already from over speeding accidents. Since then I turn preacher.
Lol Preacher deelabs.
Thank God. I haven't been in any accidents b4 and I thank God for that and pray it remains that way.

I like speed but not reckless speed, not the one that if u overtake someone they'll bring out their hand and curse u or if u happen to meet at a traffic stop they'll be looking at u like, what's this one driving.

Anyways as the saying goes speed kills.....
But if u must run be cautious and pay attention to the road.

1 Like

Re: Throwback: What Encounter(s) Have You Had While Driving That You Wouldn't Forget by okoroemeka(m): 8:25pm On Jan 29, 2022
Fremantle:

your encounter was fun compared to the harrowing experience I had will driving from okigwe to enugu in a Mazda b2000 pickup with my father and our farm manager,it is early morning I was speeding past four corners junction when something heavy thumped on top of my bonnet,I slammed on the brakes and stopped to know what was that,we came out and saw the most horrific sight,it was a severed human leg cut off from the hips,what the hell !!!we were shocked beyond words,where did this grisly grotesque limb came from?the answer was across the other side of the express,a Toyota hiace Hummer bus moving a extreme high speed colliaded with a mad woman trying to cross the road that early morning and the impact shattered the mad woman like a water melon and sent her body parts flying more than 100 feet away,it was truly a shocking day.

7 Likes

Re: Throwback: What Encounter(s) Have You Had While Driving That You Wouldn't Forget by Fremantle: 10:19pm On Jan 29, 2022
okoroemeka:
A Toyota hiace Hummer bus moving a extreme high speed colliaded with a mad woman trying to cross the road that early morning and the impact shattered the mad woman like a water melon and sent her body parts flying more than 100 feet away,it was truly a shocking day.
shocked shocked Jeez cry cry

If I had experienced that, I probably would have retired driving... That encounter would stick with me for the rest of my life. I wonder how u dealt with it at that moment.

1 Like

Re: Throwback: What Encounter(s) Have You Had While Driving That You Wouldn't Forget by chiefbuchiV12(m): 11:28pm On Jan 29, 2022
Lemme read comments in peace

1 Like

Re: Throwback: What Encounter(s) Have You Had While Driving That You Wouldn't Forget by Nafizzey(m): 11:31pm On Jan 29, 2022
deelabs:
Throwback: Driving a motor vehicle is more than you sitting at a steering and changing gears. There are some other situations that arise and affect the outcome of driving a vehicle from a location to another. We asking what encounter(s) you had while driving that you wouldn't forget?

Though I don't always comment but let me drop something.. It was my first interstate travel after I bought my first car Peugeot 206 and learnt driving. Now time to embark on inter state journey, to the village to see my relatives. So I hired a driver to Kano, on our way back, the driver failed me on our agreed date and insisted I have to wait another day for him to meet up with some other things. Meanwhile I have schedule to meet up the following day.

Well since I knew how to drive, I said to my self I can drive my self back to Abuja. So I picked my co travellers, they were reluctant to follow me but I lied to them that I will pick the driver when we get to a particular point, so they joined me. Even me I was nervous when we started the journey, but my gut told me to try.. and we started the journey..

I was speeding, In a village 15 minutes to Zaria, I fell into a very Big pothole and lost control of the car, the car drifted left right on the road and headed into bush. Thank God car did not somersault and eventually I stopped after the car did some 360 turns. Since that day I don't speed on the Highway on a road am not too familiar with..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Throwback: What Encounter(s) Have You Had While Driving That You Wouldn't Forget by Mophor: 1:12am On Jan 30, 2022
Issokay!!!
Re: Throwback: What Encounter(s) Have You Had While Driving That You Wouldn't Forget by kingreign(m): 5:57am On Jan 30, 2022
Re: Throwback: What Encounter(s) Have You Had While Driving That You Wouldn't Forget by buygala(m): 9:47am On Jan 30, 2022
A cow appeared on the road out of nowhere while I was on high speed at Airport road, Abuja ...I.must have been doing above 140km/hr because my car's speed warning sound was beeping continuously. ..

Immediately the cow ran into the road, I slammed on the brakes and tried to dodge the cow so hard that I did a 360 spin.....Good thing was the road was free of traffic ....By the time the whole thing was over, my car was facing the wrong way on the express, with me shaking and sweating under ice cold AC, and not quite sure whether I was alive or not...It was the Fulani herders who own the errant cow that quickly appeared and started flagging down traffic so someone wouldn't run into me...I somehow managed to drive to the kerb and get my breath back before I continued to the airport. .

Somehow myself and the vehicle escaped without a scratch...except that the sudden braking caused some very serious tire rubber burn on both front wheels of the vehicle. ...Had to cough out 75k the next day to replace those two tyres ....

75k wey I no plan for angry ....But i suppose I should be grateful i escaped that incident with a 75k expense and not being dead or maimed....

1 Like

Re: Throwback: What Encounter(s) Have You Had While Driving That You Wouldn't Forget by kernniejay(m): 10:51am On Jan 30, 2022
ItsGoodToBeGood:

You almost cracked my rib with laugh. Village people are real ! grin
Re: Throwback: What Encounter(s) Have You Had While Driving That You Wouldn't Forget by kernniejay(m): 10:55am On Jan 30, 2022
Magnoliaa:
I'm buying this space for when I buy a car.

*Not for sale! Beware of my wayward daughter, Kaosarat!*

You are not alone, may God answer our prayers. Meanwhile Kaosarat is negotiating with a potential buyer as we speak o. grin
Re: Throwback: What Encounter(s) Have You Had While Driving That You Wouldn't Forget by ItsGoodToBeGood: 11:10am On Jan 30, 2022
kernniejay:
You almost cracked my rib with laugh. Village people are real ! grin

Yes o, but we will always triumph over them grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Throwback: What Encounter(s) Have You Had While Driving That You Wouldn't Forget by ItsGoodToBeGood: 11:13am On Jan 30, 2022
buygala:
A cow appeared on the road out of nowhere while I was on high speed at Airport road, Abuja ...I.must have been doing above 140km/hr because my car's speed warning sound was beeping continuously. ..

Immediately the car ran into the road, I slammed on the brakes and tried to dodge the cow so hard that I did a 360 spin.....Good thing was the road was free of traffic ....By the time the whole thing was over, my car was facing the wrong way on the express, with me shaking and sweating under ice cold AC, and not quite sure I was alive or not...It was the Fulani herders who own the errant cow that quickly appeared and started flagging down traffic so someone wouldn't run into me...I somehow managed to drive to the kerb and get my breath back before I continued to the airport. .

Somehow myself and the vehicle escaped without a scratch...except that the sudden braking caused some very serious tire rubber burn on both front wheels of the vehicle. ...Had to cough out 75k the next day to replace those two tyres ....

75k wey I no plan for angry ....But i suppose I should be grateful i escaped that incident with a 75k expense and not being dead or maimed....

Happy survival bro and say no to over speeding

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: What Encounter(s) Have You Had While Driving That You Wouldn't Forget by ItsGoodToBeGood: 11:20am On Jan 30, 2022
Nafizzey:
Though I don't always comment but let me drop something.. It was my first interstate travel after I bought my first car Peugeot 206 and learnt driving. Now time to embark on inter state journey, to the village to see my relatives. So I hired a driver to Kano, on our way back, the driver failed me on our agreed date and insisted I have to wait another day for him to meet up with some other things. Meanwhile I have schedule to meet up the following day.

Well since I knew how to drive, I said to my self I can drive my self back to Abuja. So I picked my co travellers, they were reluctant to follow me but I lied to them that I will pick the driver when we get to a particular point, so they joined me. Even me I was nervous when we started the journey, but my gut told me to try.. and we started the journey..

I was speeding, In a village 15 minutes to Zaria, I fell into a very Big pothole and lost control of the car, the car drifted left right on the road and headed into bush. Thank God car did not somersault and eventually I stopped after the car did some 360 turns. Since that day I don't speed on the Highway..

Our God is Good,,,

So how una take complete the journey? Your co traveller still follow you?
Re: Throwback: What Encounter(s) Have You Had While Driving That You Wouldn't Forget by kernniejay(m): 11:27am On Jan 30, 2022
I had many encounters I cannot remeber all.
The fist one, sometime in 2005, my brother asked me to help bring his Toyota carina II from the mechanic, on my way back I was speeding so much that I ran into some bumpy portions of the road, the car bounced vigorously repeatedly and finally made a sideway spin. When I came back on the road, I was just going at tortoise speed till I arrived home safely.
The second one, he gave me same Toyota Carina II to help drop a visitor at a motor park, on my way back after dropping the visitor, I saw a Toyota Tercel speeding ahead of me, I joined in the race and we made it a drag race. There was on okada in between us and in a bid to overtake the okada, the car glided its side against the okada and the okada came crashing down. I had to slow down and stopped, in a twinkle of an eye hundreds of okada riders had covered me, all cursing and threatening to beat me, I was just apologising. I eventually took the okada guy to a nearby local clinic and paid for his treatment with the money on me. I didn't even remember anything about the Tercel I was pursuing. The third one was with his Infiniti SUV but that is a story for another day, I think I've said enough for now. Let's continue to read other people's experience.
Re: Throwback: What Encounter(s) Have You Had While Driving That You Wouldn't Forget by Nafizzey(m): 1:24pm On Jan 30, 2022
ItsGoodToBeGood:

Our God is Good,,,

So how una take complete the journey? Your co traveller still follow you?
My co travellers boarded another car to Kaduna, my car spoilt in the process (my left back tire pull out and my back breaking system spoilt.. I have to got road side mechanic to fix it managely with trial and error method. I left the accident spot midnight with my car to Zaria, where I slept, the following morning I went to Kaduna to pick my co travellers to Abuja, I drove gently.. It was horrific experience..
Re: Throwback: What Encounter(s) Have You Had While Driving That You Wouldn't Forget by ItsGoodToBeGood: 1:44pm On Jan 30, 2022
Nafizzey:
My co travellers boarded another car to Kaduna, my car spoilt in the process (my left back tire pull out and my back breaking system spoilt.. I have to got road side mechanic to fix it managely with trial and error method. I left the accident spot midnight with my car to Zaria, where I slept, the following morning I continue my journeyto Abuja It was horrific experience..

Nawa o, your paddies should have sticked around instead of leaving you all alone abi them pay for the ride ni, guess it would have been more horrifying if it happened in present day Nigeria that is blessed with insecurity. I thank God for your life shaa, we move!
Re: Throwback: What Encounter(s) Have You Had While Driving That You Wouldn't Forget by Nafizzey(m): 2:05pm On Jan 30, 2022
ItsGoodToBeGood:

Nawa o, your paddies should have sticked around instead of leaving you all alone abi them pay for the ride ni, guess it would have been more horrifying if it happened in present day Nigeria that is blessed with insecurity. I thank God for your life shaa, we move!
My co travellers were all women, I was the only man in the car, you women now, they were too soft. I have to remain in the spot to watch the car fixed. thank God for my life and safely.ever since then I became very careful when driving on highway..

1 Like

Re: Throwback: What Encounter(s) Have You Had While Driving That You Wouldn't Forget by deelabs(m): 11:21am On Jan 31, 2022
Nafizzey:

I was speeding, In a village 15 minutes to Zaria, I fell into a very Big pothole and lost control of the car, the car drifted left right on the road and headed into bush. Thank God car did not somersault and eventually I stopped after the car did some 360 turns. Since that day I don't speed on the Highway on a road am not too familiar with..

God be praised. I do hear of questions like are you familiar with the road? Have you drove on the highways? I used to think its an exaggerated question. From your experience, I think apart from driving, one should also know the terrain of the road.

1 Like

Re: Throwback: What Encounter(s) Have You Had While Driving That You Wouldn't Forget by okoroemeka(m): 11:24am On Jan 31, 2022
buygala:

Immediately the cow ran into the road, I slammed on the brakes and tried to dodge the cow so hard that I did a 360 spin.....Good thing was the road was free of traffic ....By the time the whole thing was over, my car was facing the wrong way on the express, with me shaking and sweating under ice cold AC, and not quite sure whether I was alive or not...It was the Fulani herders who own the errant cow that quickly appeared and started flagging down traffic so someone wouldn't run into me...I somehow managed to drive to the kerb and get my breath back before I continued to the airport. .

you are very lucky not to hit the cow it could have caused serious damage to the car,I had a similar experience coming back from a village wake keep at 2am and very drunk,a very big antelope jumped out of the bush and i hit the bugger dead center with my Honda babyboy,the animal was so big I had to just drag it near the bush and cover it with grasses,in the morning I saw the damage, bumper, radiator and ac condenser is totalled, luckily the antelope was sold for #30k and was able to repair the vehicle,since that day I don't drink and drive
Re: Throwback: What Encounter(s) Have You Had While Driving That You Wouldn't Forget by deelabs(m): 11:25am On Jan 31, 2022
buygala:

We thank God o. Stop overspeeding chief
Re: Throwback: What Encounter(s) Have You Had While Driving That You Wouldn't Forget by Fremantle: 9:33am On Feb 19, 2022
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dominique
Re: Throwback: What Encounter(s) Have You Had While Driving That You Wouldn't Forget by Aaaaarghmed(m): 12:52pm On Feb 20, 2022
Was on serious high speed on Auchi road heading to Okene,a goat suddenly entered the road with force,I had to calculate and I did not bother to match breaks,I just rammed it and it tore my bumper, Io cud see the goat dead already from the impact. If I had slammed my breaks,the car for tumble.i took the best alternative.
Re: Throwback: What Encounter(s) Have You Had While Driving That You Wouldn't Forget by revived2: 7:41pm On Feb 21, 2022
The day I dosed off from ekiti to Lagos

Jeeeez crazy

Got to osun , washed my face with water still the same
Got to Ibadan did same thing still the same
Sleep became so intense when I got yo ajebo

Omooooo e be many things

Second Was My First Time Driving On A Highway Before Lockdown
On Lagos-Ibadan my sterling swerved while on 100Km/H, luckily for me I was the only one on the about about 5km at the front and back so I gained stability quickly

Omooooo e go be
So many others I no go talk grin grin
Re: Throwback: What Encounter(s) Have You Had While Driving That You Wouldn't Forget by Cloven22: 8:57pm On Feb 21, 2022
revived2:
The day I dosed off from ekiti to Lagos

Jeeeez crazy

Got to osun , washed my face with water still the same
Got to Ibadan did same thing still the same
Sleep became so intense when I got yo ajebo

Omooooo e be many things

Second Was My First Time Driving On A Highway Before Lockdown
On Lagos-Ibadan my sterling swerved while on 100Km/H, luckily for me I was the only one on the about about 5km at the front and back so I gained stability quickly

Omooooo e go be
So many others I no go talk grin grin

How can you sleep from Ekiti to Lagos grin grin. Why didn't you just park somewhere and sleep well ehm
Re: Throwback: What Encounter(s) Have You Had While Driving That You Wouldn't Forget by revived2: 9:26pm On Feb 21, 2022
Cloven22:

How can you sleep from Ekiti to Lagos grin grin. Why didn't you just park somewhere and sleep well ehm

My brother I was determined to get to Lagos that day and left ekiti 4am
Was dozing and will jack again.........
Even my guy beside me was just concerned cuz he couldn't drive
Twas about two years ago though

Mehn e be many things

(1) (2) (Reply)

Inspired Man / Two Stubborn Men Block Each Other On A Road (photos) / I Found A Machinist Workshop In Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.